pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #334 Start date delay notice - now 14th Dec Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #517 Recall of boards with non AI thinker processors Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #522 Great tip for feeding the UFO wires through Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 1 year ago

Your stuff is SICK! Please add me to the list!

Full kit. Premium.

7 months later
#441 1 year ago

I know I should have not been lazy and taken the glass off before I took these photos, but I kinda like the look of the lights from this mod and the Tokyo Neon and having the glass still on adds kind of a “washed out” look IMHO. Anyway, just finished installing two of the three pieces. Gonna take a break and then add the back box mod. Will post a review shortly.

D2A9E20F-862A-4F24-8D42-F36CD1E5A78A (resized).jpegD2A9E20F-862A-4F24-8D42-F36CD1E5A78A (resized).jpegF9D461D1-CF46-477D-ACA6-283AE54CC63F (resized).jpegF9D461D1-CF46-477D-ACA6-283AE54CC63F (resized).jpeg
#442 1 year ago

Okay, so I hope stumblor Davey doesn't mind but I'm gonna write a quick little review of the "Lolly UFO" mod kit. And really my reason for wanting to write this is in the event there is someone else out there like me who is a "novice" and could benefit from my experience.

Let me start by saying that I was an early sign up for the Tokyo Neon mod and received it in the first run. Prior to that mod I had only done really basic mods, a 3D printed thing that maybe needed some screws swapped, or a simple lighting effect that only needed one cable run to a GI, probably the most advanced mod I'd done was a flipper fan cooling kit. So I felt fortunate that when Tokyo Neon arrived I had a friend over who helped with the install as it was a bit more advanced than what I'd done before.

Okay, with my novice credentials proven and out of the way the next most important thing to point out. stumblor 's mods are the most well packaged, highest quality, most professionally supported mods I have experienced. I was blown away by the quality of the Tokyo Neon mod. It looked (and still does) like a little piece of art that was added to my Godzilla machine, it draws the eyes and can't go unnoticed. It does not for a second look cheap or even like it was added on. That mod belongs on each and every Godzilla machine in my opinion.

So when the Lolly UFO mod was announced I jumped on the list because I knew what to expect from Davey. And the mod is nothing short of expectations and in fact goes beyond what photos or his videos attempted to describe. It is gorgeous (full disclosure I have so far only installed the pop number and slingshot mods, yet to install the back box fire breath) and again looks like something that could have easily cost more, and looks like it belongs, it really ties the whole machine together with the look and feel it brings.

Let me say though just again for those who might be like me and may feel overwhelmed by what is required to do this mod. It is not the easiest mod to install. And I feel like I'm going out on a limb a bit here because I am sure there are people on this site who are so comfortable and so used to doing these things on pinball machines that they must think I'm an idiot right now, I'm sure many could do install in their sleep or after having a few shots of bourbon. But here's what I want to say to my fellow novices out there... I DID IT! It wasn't easy, but I did it. And it all works as advertised and it turned out beautifully and even my wife was super impressed by it. So if I can do it, you can also do it. That said, there were a few struggles in there, and there were times I was thinking, what the hell am I doing???!

So... the hardest part for me was getting the three wires for the pop bumper mod through the teeny tiny holes in the playfield that they need to go through. I pulled my hair out for at least a half hour and wanted to quit and have a drink and maybe I would have punched someone in the face if they'd walked by and had a punchable face. So here's my suggestion. When my wife got home in the middle of my frustration I sucked it up and asked for her help. Through her years of sewing she said she'd faced similar situations of having to thread something and asked me to go and grab a pair of tweezers. And with those tweezers she did in two minutes what I had been struggling with for a half hour, she got that third wire through that tiny hole. So there's my big suggestion perhaps even for future instruction manuals, using a pair of tweezers for that step.

The second thing that again may only have been an issue for me was using the crimper. I had never crimped wires before. I was terrified. Was I doing something that would perhaps make my almost ten thousand dollar toy not work properly in the future? Was I going to have to pay someone who really knew what they were doing to fix what I had screwed up? Well again, I did what the instructions said even though it was uncomfortable and it ended up working as advertised. My only big suggestion is to have lots of light on hand. And perhaps someone else to help. And maybe even a step ladder so you can see things from where you need to see them. And even more helpful lights.

In closing... Another amazing mod from Stumblor. What they are providing is on another level. It is art, it is well worth the money. I am completely satisfied. I also learned a few things for the next time I do another less than easy installation.

#443 1 year ago

Oh and one more thing. The slingshot post effect looks totally amazing when you have a multi ball going, it's one of the coolest looking things you'll have ever seen. And it screams for the use of transparent slingshot rubbers, IMHO.

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did You get the replacement parts kit yet ?We are fairly close .

Not yet, but so far I didn't need them!

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I can't quite see it, but have you switched out the original pop bumper body for a clear one? That would mean you didn't need those new ufo screws that were sent.

No, it's the same old pop bumper. And I didn't need any special screws. Maybe I did something wrong, but everything seems to fit and work well, nothing seems loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit?tu=lemansfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.