pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #334 Start date delay notice - now 14th Dec Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #517 Recall of boards with non AI thinker processors Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #522 Great tip for feeding the UFO wires through Posted by Vyzer2 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ollulanus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 1 year ago

Nifty. Full kit premium, please add.

3 months later
#386 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We're aiming to start contacting people mid Dec, and sending out first kits a week or so after that. In terms of list size, we're at around 420.

Any idea how fast you think you'll be able to move through the list? I'm about halfway down, stoked about this but really sick of that stock bumper. Actually, would it be possible to just order the UFO from your guy now, and get the rest of the kit when my number comes up?

1 month later
#418 1 year ago

Have you guys looked at silicone coating the UFO led ring to diffuse the lights? Great mod but not a huge fan of the individual LEDs...I've been using various "rope" LEDs for mods recently that are basically just coated with hazy silicone and create a more uniform look....seems like it might be doable here, not sure about clearances in that UFO though.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Completely agree - and it's something we've spent a lot of time on in the lead up to release (I say we - it was mostly Jazzbouche. My emotional support was top notch though).
Regarding the diffusion itself and the materials for that, I've found that its not so much the material that is the biggest catalyst in achieving a good result. Anything opaque can be used, white PLA, paper even. Instead, it's the distance that the diffusion material is from the LEDs that works the best. This instructables explains it well:
https://www.instructables.com/Diffusing-LEDs-Right/
In a nutshell, the best diffuser on earth is still going to spot if it is placed directly over the top of the LED, since the light hasn't had time to disperse.
With that in mind, the most recent iteration of the UFO (the one we're sending) has a taller base section to allow the LED ring to sit further away from the acrylic disk. We're recommending that people keep the plastic protector on the disc to provide some extra diffusion (protector on top, to create the furthest distance from the ring). The end result is good. Not 100% uniform as you can see, but pretty good given the dimensions, and better than the prototype.
[quoted image]
If you did want to add additional diffusion, either directly over the LED ring or within the top of the UFO - there is space to do so. Adding something as simple as a cutout paper ring within the UFO body can work really well.

Positive: it's great to see folks taking the initiative not just to make cool products, but to go the extra mile to perfect them.

Negative: I'm like 280 on the list, and just got more impatient :p

1 month later
#507 1 year ago

Anyone else has issues with all the LEDs not lighting? About 1/3 of the UFO ring is not coming on, and half of the backbox strip isn't lighting. Thought I might have a problem with the ring itself, but the backbox strip being a bit limp too makes me think it's something else. Slings seem to work fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ollulanus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit?tu=Ollulanus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.