• Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190109_073946 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

Just wanted to start a necessary thread for relevant Godzilla gripes. Also will be nice so that gripes don't have to be posted in the other threads, and Stern can visit this thread to adjust accordingly in the future. I will start:

1. Does Godzilla move?
2. No representation of best version of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1998/No Matthew Broadrick on pin anywhere.
3. Godzilla not anatomically correct. Should have proper genitals if not wearing clothes or should be clothed.

Please feel free to add.

#2 2 years ago

Point #2 is going to get a fanboy nuke dropped on you.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Point #2 is going to get a fanboy nuke dropped on you.

Never had to make a sequel because the movie was so perfect.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Never had to make a sequel because the movie was so perfect.

Got to admire your belief on this. This is going to go over like KG in Boston.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got to admire your belief on this. This is going to go over like KG in Boston.

Don't know who KG is but I hope he is OK.

#6 2 years ago

I am disappointed at the price. The game looks very good.

#7 2 years ago

Not a huge fan of Godzilla but the layout, toys, and new pinball tech mechs look amazing. I am not disappointed in a pinball fan view.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I am disappointed at the price. The game looks very good.

Yep- enough of an increase to finally stop me from buying NIB. Game looks fun though.

#10 2 years ago

Stern needs to also implement a mechanism where you put a quarter in the coin door, and if you opt to return it, you can either get your quarter back or opt to get a reasonable amount of animal crackers instead. This kind of stuff should be standard in new pins.

#11 2 years ago

Pt 3: Dont remember godzilla genitals in the movie. I must have not been paying attn..

Really want to own this but even dmds are out of my league now... i must be in the minority on this forum.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Pt 3: Dont remember godzilla genitals in the movie. I must have not been paying attn..
Really want to own this but even dmds are out of my league now... i must be in the minority on this forum.

It’s in the Director’s Cut.

#13 2 years ago

I am disappointed that Stern is still using all these seasoned/stiff dealers and distributors, that try to rip you off on such a sought after game.
Why not drop them altogether and make an exclusive deal with someone fresh and innovative like Captain's Auction?

#14 2 years ago

Is "Heroes" covered by the Wallflowers even featured in the pin?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

I am disappointed that Stern is still using all these seasoned/stiff dealers and distributors, that try to rip you off on such a sought after game.
Why not drop them altogether and make an exclusive deal with someone fresh and innovative like Captain's Auction?

Anyone think distros selling over MSRP should not be allowed by Stern?

#16 2 years ago

I'm disappointed they didn't go full-blown 80's neon since they were already 90% of the way there.

#17 2 years ago

How much extra for a shooter housing with no logo?

#18 2 years ago

Matthew Broadrick??

#19 2 years ago

I'm disappointed in the game due to pricing. 11k for an Le Is nuts.
No way if own this game at those prices...

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Haha the price would be even more…

#21 2 years ago

Let down I can't find an LE to buy.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Let down I can't find an LE to buy.

on day 1 also.

#23 2 years ago

I am disappointed there is no articulated 7 inch tall Godzilla figure who walks across the playfield and breathes fire at the player through a hatch in the playfield glass.

Besides that I have to admit the game looks pretty cool. But this is a haters thread so i have to tell the whole truth!!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Just wanted to start a necessary thread for relevant Godzilla gripes. Also will be nice so that gripes don't have to be posted in the other threads, and Stern can visit this thread to adjust accordingly in the future. I will start:
1. Does Godzilla move?
2. No representation of best version of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1998/No Matthew Broadrick on pin anywhere.
3. Godzilla not anatomically correct. Should have proper genitals if not wearing clothes or should be clothed.
Please feel free to add.

If you think Godzilla 1998 made was the best version of Godzilla then you know nothing about Godzilla. The good news, you can get a Sega Godzilla, it's as good as the movie was

#25 2 years ago

Pretty sure the OP is just being sarcastic. No one with a brain that actually functions correctly would ever say the 1998 Godzilla movie was the best.

#26 2 years ago

#4 needs more cowbell.

#27 2 years ago

I love zombie yeti but I don’t like the art on this one, or the forced QR crap, or price increase. Feel free to downvote me lol.

#28 2 years ago

Only 4 Pinside Godzilla threads = major letdown.

I was rooting for 5.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

I love zombie yeti but I don’t like the art on this one, or the forced QR crap, or price increase. Feel free to downvote me lol.

looks like a box of fruity pebbles.

#30 2 years ago

I think it’s gonna be a great shooter, that’s what KE brings to the table every time. I was expecting the art to be a little more retro than bright and cartooney like it is. The price increase is BS. I’d rather get a premium game from Spooky at just a little more than a Stern pro that is all stripped down. No plans to own this but will definitely enjoy flipping it on location.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

If you think Godzilla 1998 made was the best version of Godzilla then you know nothing about Godzilla. The good news, you can get a Sega Godzilla, it's as good as the movie was

Sega's Godzilla has more reptile than whatever lizard stern's T-Rex was in JP

#32 2 years ago

Holy crap, I read almost every post before realizing this thread was taking the piss.

#33 2 years ago

I can't afford one.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was expecting the art to be a little more retro than bright and cartooney like it is.

It’ll be a fun flip but thought same on art.
Stern is successful at grabbing popular licenses and flipping them into their own cartoon style interpretations.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pretty sure the OP is just being sarcastic. No one with a brain that actually functions correctly would ever say the 1998 Godzilla movie was the best.

god help those who didn't even get it by point #3, which was hilarious:

"3. Godzilla not anatomically correct. Should have proper genitals if not wearing clothes or should be clothed."

#36 2 years ago

a 3.00 godzilla toy for 10 k and 1000 le price raise i expected more but stern is all about the money.

#37 2 years ago

No black and white edition

#38 2 years ago

Godzilla appears 9 times on each version including all graphics. Are they afraid we won’t know what the game is? Whatever happened with guerrilla marketing where you don’t put the name anywhere? I say best design practice would be to leave name off the cabinet entirely. It could appear once on the backglass and once on the playfield for total of 2 times.

Price of premium is too damn high! Prices jumped $1k and suddenly the paradigm shifts. Some people are delaying or eliminating nib purchases due to sticker shock. Pro’s at $7k pfffftt.

#39 2 years ago

years ago we had good relations with dealers and were cut bargains and what not .
Then Stern clamped down on distros and all Distros were made to sell same price .
Now it seems all that is gone too and distros charge what ever they wish .
Probably why so many start up Pinball sales companies as it is the only way to get machines anymore at cost .
Some crap that is

Quoted from insight75:

Anyone think distros selling over MSRP should not be allowed by Stern?

#40 2 years ago

The godzilla toy on the Premium and LE (can't tell if it's just a plastic standup on Pro or not) looks awful. No wonder it's hidden in the back even though he's the titular character.

Also the art on the Pro is superior - I love the 'Godzilla' font with the japanese characters underneath, wish that was across all trims. Wish I could do a premium playfield with pro art.

#41 2 years ago

The playfield art is great, maybe as good as DP playfield, but with a lot more of it. Cabinet art and translite art on all versions are about equal and that is just ok. Color intensity is a bit weird. Overall artwwise, I put Godzilla last on a list of all ZY’s titles, but way beyond many others.

This might sound weird but if I had the premium sitting in front of me, I’d probably find an alternate translite and replace it. I don’t even know what would look fitting, but something better.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

The godzilla toy on the Premium and LE (can't tell if it's just a plastic standup on Pro or not) looks awful. No wonder it's hidden in the back even though he's the titular character.
Also the art on the Pro is superior - I love the 'Godzilla' font with the japanese characters underneath, wish that was across all trims. Wish I could do a premium playfield with pro art.

He said "titular" huh huh huh

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Price of premium is too damn high! Prices jumped $1k and suddenly the paradigm shifts. Some people are delaying or eliminating nib purchases due to sticker shock. Pro’s at $7k pfffftt.

We need more to opt out otherwise this will just keep going up. I'm in Canada so there is ~30%+ on top of this just in currency conversion along with shipping and 13% sales tax. Sales will eventually scale back but the question is, what will it take to reduce these prices?

#44 2 years ago

I wish they would spell Godzilla backwards on the pinball. ALLIZDOG. That way you get a challenging brain teaser/mini game to figure out what the game means, which I think would add significant value. Just think about how cool it would be to have to decode a game before you knew what you were playing! Then when you finally do the work to solve the puzzle, the game will be that much more rewarding.

#45 2 years ago

Why doesn't Godzilla have a surfboard? He comes from the water.

#46 2 years ago

There's just no pleasing some people. If it had Mathew Broderick you would have complained that it didn't show his genitals.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

There's just no pleasing some people. If it had Mathew Broderick you would have complained that it didn't show his genitals.

This is likely true. Please take note Stern.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am disappointed there is no articulated 7 inch tall Godzilla figure who walks across the playfield and breathes fire at the player through a hatch in the playfield glass.
Besides that I have to admit the game looks pretty cool. But this is a haters thread so i have to tell the whole truth!!

I’m disappointed that the shooter knob isn’t Godzilla’s claw or a bust of Godzilla’s head. I feel like either of those would have had a nice feel while going for a skill shot.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I’m disappointed that the shooter knob isn’t Godzilla’s claw or a bust of Godzilla’s head. I feel like either of those would have had a nice feel while going for a skill shot.

Agreed. Would also like the shooter knob to be a realistic Godzilla tit that you grab at the start of each new ball.

#50 2 years ago

With Stern redoing all the old DE / Sega themes, the letdown for me is this is Godzilla and not Robocop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-letdown-thread?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.