• Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190109_073946 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Agreed. Would also like the shooter knob to be a realistic Godzilla tit that you grab at the start of each new ball.

As long as it has RGB leds, I am in.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I’m disappointed that the shooter knob isn’t Godzilla’s

Please no, don’t say it..

Quoted from Palmer:

claw or a bust of Godzilla’s head.

Whew. Thank you.

the shooter knob to be a realistic Godzilla tit that you grab

Alright. I give up.

#53 2 years ago

Hate to stray off topic but I was impressed Stern got BOC’s Godzilla song. It is absolutely needed and I was shocked to see Stern use it. Wonder who pushed to get it? Now, back to the bad stuff …..

#54 2 years ago

I've heard this pin will be expensive. I hope that isn't true.

#55 2 years ago

Is the game even Radioactive? If not it's a pass from me, I want my balls to explode while playing and paying this NIB price...and I don't mean just "t-bag toasty" from letting the game warm up!

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hate to stray off topic but I was impressed Stern got BOC’s Godzilla song. It is absolutely needed and I was shocked to see Stern use it. Wonder who pushed to get it? Now, back to the bad stuff …..

Nothing bad to say about that. Wish they’d have put Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seeger in also. That’d be a fun song to play this game along to.

#57 2 years ago

I'm dropping out after being a long time stern supporter - these prices are insane.

#58 2 years ago

The hell with Godzilla, I’m still waiting for my Mando premium!

#59 2 years ago

How do you have a Godzilla pin without a moving Godzilla? Even Mechagodzilla does something.

#60 2 years ago

In for an LE but disappointed they keep putting green doll/sculpts in the back left corner that don't do shit.

#61 2 years ago

I don't feel strongly one way or the other.

But the prices are laughable.

#62 2 years ago

Well.....color me BRIDEZILLA because this game just doesn't cut the mustard. I'd rather own a Led Zeppelin any day of the week. I mean, give me a break! One more crappy release and I'm firebombing my pinball collection and the house it is in and moving to Pakistan.

JK everyone. this game looks pretty sweet. Elwin is MONEY, I'm just let down that a pro costs 6800 bucks.

we are gonna see alot of late model sterns being sold very soon for financial support to buy this bad boy!

#63 2 years ago

Godzilla looks awesome and loaded. The real letdown is the new insane price increases that will ultimately price more people out of the market. I'm sure Godzilla will be fun like all modern Sterns but for many of us fun factor alone doesn't justify nearly $7k for a pro, $9k for a premium, and $10.5k for an LE.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Godzilla looks awesome and loaded. The real letdown is the new insane price increases that will ultimately price more people out of the market. I'm sure Godzilla will be fun like all modern Sterns but for many of us fun factor alone doesn't justify nearly $7k for a pro, $9k for a premium, and $10.5k for an LE.

Try buying a GnR LE for 10k and get ignored when the PF melts or pay for a RAZA and …….This hobby is a big gamble .Don’t spend $ you don’t have and enjoy what you got .This isn’t PS5 where you can buy every new game for $70, this is fing pinball and new reveals are coming at us faster than ever imagined .Take a breath and find your way ,after all every title will be available for eternity .

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

looks like a box of fruity pebbles.

This! And nice profile photo lol I love my dog too haha.

#66 2 years ago

Honestly the only relevant complaints so far are about Dino ding dongs. Add a Godzilla sized penis and I’d value the LE at 15k easy.

#67 2 years ago

Stern really is not doing the hobby any favors making so many LE's really wish they would only make 500 LE's having them true collector items.

#68 2 years ago

Cheap looking, they gotta stop with these lame printed flat perspex & folded tin crap. At least vacuum mold them to give them some shape... or build or sculp something to give your customers some value 'looking' stuffs . imo .

#69 2 years ago

lol this .

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There’s nothing on the pro! I can swallow the other price increases to a certai degree as there’s a lot going on in the Prem/LEs but the pro is stripped!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Stern really is not doing the hobby any favors making so many LE's really wish they would only make 500 LE's having them true collector items.

1000 is great gives plenty to go around, this is a hobby for fun not investment speculation.

#72 2 years ago

12k GBP Uk.
Utter piss take..
People are jumping on the inflation commodity shortage bandwagon.
Apparently copper will be worth more than platinum in Illinois …

#73 2 years ago

Now, if the shooter rod had Godzilla’s genitals that would have been something.
Missed opertunity for certain.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

You purchased 2. Please stop.

#75 2 years ago

No gamera?! Turtle hating bastards

#76 2 years ago

I agree with what most of you have said.

I bought the LE because I like the theme and thought the mechs looked pretty cool. And the price is flat out silly.
However, I don’t get why anyone would spend money on the Pro. It’s got nothing going on. Four spinners? Wow!

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

No gamera?! Turtle hating bastards

LOL! That would have been epic! Gamera was created by another company Daiei, and is now owned by Kadokawa, not Toho. So licensing nightmare...

#78 2 years ago

Once a Month I go to Boxcar and play the latest.
If this shows up it will get 3 or 4 bucks.
Then next Month something else new will show up.
Thats about the extent of any vested interest in this or any other Title.

#79 2 years ago

I am let down because the moving building is made of plastic. Buildings are made of brick! If a building was made of plastic, we would not be impressed when Godzilla knocked it down. Why is this game so unrealistic. Looking for someone who will mod the building to be made of brick and able to pass Tokyo building codes.

#80 2 years ago

I'll be the serious one. Being a colossal fan of this theme I am letdown. I was greatly looking forward to it and contemplating a pre-order for an LE or a premium. Aside from some very cool looking ramps and that magna-thingy this looks lame. The Godzilla figure looks like crap and apparently does Zero. Way too campy and the Xillians are a real dumb move. Where is Ghidorah!!! A mechanical Ghidorah and Godzilla would have been truly epic!
Mecha-Godzilla is great but come on... this could have been any game with just some slapped on artwork. Honestly, the more serious themed recent movies would have lent themselves better. Blue Oyster Cult??? Don't even get me started. I can't believe I don't want this title.

#81 2 years ago

The game looks awful to me; complete letdown IMO

#82 2 years ago

PS Hey Pinside: It's okay to be critical of ur boy KE

#83 2 years ago

ZY has a particular art style. He does his style well.
His style is not a proper matchup for theme. Don’t get me started on the color palette used.

#84 2 years ago

Where's the lcd in the lockdown bar!?!?

I'm also let down by the low number of threads complaining about the LEs selling out.

#85 2 years ago

My biggest gripe is this game doesn’t look exactly how I want it to. My opinion is great and I am entitled to have the game be what I want it to be. I am the worlds biggest Godzilla fan how dare they not consult with me first. I have a bunch of pinside buddies who all agree with my opinions on how the game should have been done differently too so I am clearly correct. This game looks WAY TOO FUN stern you really dropped the ball on this. Who the heck wants a fun Godzilla game? Not a true fan! Also it’s WAYYYYYYY too expensive but I still bought an LE.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

My biggest gripe is this game doesn’t look exactly how I want it to. I mean everything should look exactly how I want it to because my opinion is great and I am entitled to have the game be what I want it to be. I am the worlds biggest Godzilla fan how dare they not consult with me first. I have a bunch of pinside buddies who all agree with my opinions on how the game should have been done differently too so I am clearly correct. This game looks way too fun stern you really dropped the ball on this. Who wants a fun Godzilla game? Not a true fan! Also it’s way too expensive but I still bought an LE.

#87 2 years ago

Don't let all the hype over the new godzilla game distract you from the fact that on August 5th 1987 Matthew Broderick's careless driving ended the lives of two innocent women

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I'll be the serious one. Being a colossal fan of this theme I am letdown. I was greatly looking forward to it and contemplating a pre-order for an LE or a premium. Aside from some very cool looking ramps and that magna-thingy this looks lame. The Godzilla figure looks like crap and apparently does Zero. Way too campy and the Xillians are a real dumb move. Where is Ghidorah!!! A mechanical Ghidorah and Godzilla would have been truly epic!

Agreed that the emphasis of MechGodzilla over Ghidrah is a head scratcher, especially if you're talking of the original series with Ghidria/Ghidoria/Monster X was in like 4 of them.

#89 2 years ago

The colorbomb playfield and AIQ layout were a big disappointment. Its different but still the same, not sure how to explain it…

This insider connected thing that will eventually force you to pay to play is also not a good thing.
For now it’s free, but trust me when these aprons are installed in every single game for one or 2 years then you have no choice anymore as a consumer when they all of a sudden do an code auto update and half the features are behind a paywall. Say farewell also to code customization.
From a business standpoint this is a very good move and it will bring them much more cash.

On a sidenote I was hoping Stern would increase their prices much more so that I can finally buy a game at a distro normally without being price gagged for 4000 usd more than retail price via some shady guy because he bought all the LE games.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't let all the hype over the new godzilla game distract you from the fact that on August 5th 1987 Matthew Broderick's careless driving ended the lives of two innocent women

Yes. Would like to see this on the premium art package please.

#91 2 years ago

What are the logistics/laws regarding them shipping the game with a real life frightened Japanese person? Would really complete the experience in my book, and finally justify the new price point.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The colorbomb playfield and AIQ layout were a big disappointment. Its different but still the same, not sure how to explain it…

You're free to be disappointed, but it's easy to explain, it's called a "style". Zombie's art style, and Keith's layout style.

Styles tend to get popular and be re-done. How many hundreds of games use a fan layout style? It's just what happens when something works, and particularly when creators get honed in on their own style.

#93 2 years ago

If only this Godzilla game was a new South Park Machine, then I'd be so happy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Sega's Godzilla has more reptile than whatever lizard stern's T-Rex was in JP

So we count the number of reptiles to eter

Quoted from Methos:

Agreed that the emphasis of MechGodzilla over Ghidrah is a head scratcher, especially if you're talking of the original series with Ghidria/Ghidoria/Monster X was in like 4 of them.

I think it's a matter of money and gameplay. A simple shape, simpler color was cheaper to make than a 3 headed monster. And his wings would have obstructed the playfield to look the way they should

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

I love zombie yeti but I don’t like the art on this one, or the forced QR crap, or price increase. Feel free to downvote me lol.

I mean. After listening to the Stern insider podcast about the game, it almost sounded like he didn't really like how it turned out either. I personally don't know if the comic book styling was the way to go, though I imagine it's a hard theme as everyone has their own opinion on it. I would've preferred the cheesy old movie approach.

#96 2 years ago

I think it's a matter of money and gameplay. A simple shape, simpler color was cheaper to make than a 3 headed monster. And his wings would have obstructed the playfield to look the way they should

#97 2 years ago

2 games with Kaiju multiball coming out at the same time. Sweet.

#98 2 years ago

Agreed. Would also like the shooter knob to be a realistic Godzilla tit that you grab at the start of each new ball.

Better hope Godzilla is a girl or you would be grabbing something else.

#99 2 years ago

If I had one bad thing to say, I’m not super crazy about the color choices. It seems a little too bright to me, but I’ve thought that before till I’ve seen in person. Hoping it looks better in person.
Game looks fantastic overall. I was kinda wowed to be honest.

#100 2 years ago

Playfield art Godzilla looks like spawn of a watermelon forcibly and angrily intercoursed by a seal.....premium or le looks bad ass to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-letdown-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.