View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
6E4FD8D2-8433-4119-8641-CF359E9E240B (resized).jpeg
7df3c441dc8a27c837e894016e89d3cffbaf2925 (resized).jpg
e7f3ea535de75edc980b1ca6f0160937a68e0149 (resized).jpg
6edc60d3803c3785e43ad2d7e85f7e5e697d7994 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

Godzilla Flipper Coil Cooler Fans

Added: 2022-03-15 01:21:57 UTC • Ended: March 15th, 2022
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 120

If anyone is looking for a lower cost option for flipper coil fans I have one set I’m willing to part with. It’s my own cad design and I have been running them in my jp and gz for about a month with no issues and best of all no flipper fade. You will get a complete plug and play kit. $120 shipped

****Sale is pending but I have supplies to build more kits coming soon. PM me if interested.

Item photos

6edc60d3803c3785e43ad2d7e85f7e5e697d7994 (resized).jpg
7df3c441dc8a27c837e894016e89d3cffbaf2925 (resized).jpg
e7f3ea535de75edc980b1ca6f0160937a68e0149 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SlapDrain's market stats.

silver Seller Level

SlapDrain has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SlapDrain's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

La Grange Park, IL, US

#2 2 years ago

I’m curious, what do they plug into for power? Could you also show a pic? Thanks

#3 2 years ago

Cn9 on cabinet node board. It’s the “ticket” dispenser power port.

6E4FD8D2-8433-4119-8641-CF359E9E240B (resized).jpeg6E4FD8D2-8433-4119-8641-CF359E9E240B (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago

Amazing work!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Cn9 on cabinet node board. It’s the “ticket” dispenser power port.
[quoted image]

CN9 is not the ticket connector. It's the dollar bill acceptor connector. Also these HA series fans here are only about 2/3 the airflow of the pinmonk kit you're copying.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN9 is not the ticket connector. It's the dollar bill acceptor connector. Also these HA series fans here are only about 2/3 the airflow of the pinmonk kit you're copying.

I’ve used fans on my R/C car electric motors years ago to help keep them cool for optimal power. Using a fan to blow on a electric motor/coil has been around…so saying he copied you is a bit much IMHO. If you’re saying he copied/cloned your brackets then maybe you have the right to call him out and if that’s the case then I apologize for calling you out.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’ve used fans on my R/C car electric motors years ago to help keep them cool for optimal power. Using a fan to blow on a electric motor/coil has been around…so saying he copied you is a bit much IMHO. If you’re saying he copied/cloned your brackets then maybe you have the right to call him out and if that’s the case then I apologize for calling you out.

Yeah, the product copying is the point. The brackets are pretty much identical to the 1.0 pinmonk brackets I made that I abandoned because they could not stand up to the vibration from the flipper plates and shaker motors over time - many broke and had to be replaced months later. Also, the fused power connector is a ripoff of mine. Looks like he may have also copied the inline schottky rectifier diode on it under the shrink at the one end.

But the fact that he doesn't even know what he's connecting to on the node board should be concern number one. Concern number two is less than 2/3 the airflow with these. Copying without understanding why I did things the way I did and thinking any fan will do is no bargain. I understand and encourage DIY, but if you're selling stuff to other people who trust you with their machines it's a whole different animal - especially if it connects to node boards, the whats and whys are important, and copying others is a NO-NO.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, the fused power connector is a ripoff of mine. Looks like he may have also copied the inline schottky rectifier diode on it under the shrink at the one end. But the fact that he doesn't even know what he's connecting to on the node board should be concern number one. Concern number two is less than 2/3 the airflow with these.

Fusing a power connector is not copying, it's normal (or should be). As for the brackets, did he steal your printing files? If not, he didn't copy anything. There's only so many ways to make a bracket. People have been mounting fans near flippers for decades using all kinds of methods.... you're coming off quite petulant here.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Fusing a power connector is not copying, it's normal (or should be). As for the brackets, did he steal your printing files? If not, he didn't copy anything. There's only so many ways to make a bracket. People have been mounting fans near flippers for decades using all kinds of methods.... you're coming off quite petulant here.

These are an obvious attempt to copy/sell a cheaper version of a product previously put out by Vic. You should be supporting quality in the community not encouraging knock offs mate.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Fusing a power connector is not copying, it's normal (or should be).

Which is it? Is it normal? Or should it be normal? You can't have it both ways.

I'm one of the few modders (the only?) I know of that included a fused connector with a protective rectifier diode with a mod that connects to a pin as a protective measure. So, it's not normal at all in pinball mods. More than anything else, that fused adapter is the dead giveaway. But, it's not just the bracket similarity, it's the power, fusing, connector arrangement, etc.

Quoted from metallik:

As for the brackets, did he steal your printing files? If not, he didn't copy anything. There's only so many ways to make a bracket. People have been mounting fans near flippers for decades using all kinds of methods.... you're coming off quite petulant here.

There are many ways to address cooling bracket design that are quite different than what I've released so far. All it takes is imagination and a desire for excellence. You'll see.

And...petulant? Really? My post was nothing of the sort. I think we essentially had this same go-round on pinside when the Canadian guy pumped me for parts info, then decided it was cool to sell cooling kits here on pinside also based on my sets, which was even less cool because he directly hit me up for details to make his copy. So, if you thought THAT one was ok, it's not surprising you have this opinion still. And we still disagree.

But I still like you.

#11 2 years ago

Using fans to cool something down is hardly being a pioneer. Relax Chief.

I've been using fused little fans plugged into
Any 12v for years. I usually use a modified din rail as a bracket but lately I tie wrap the fans nearby in place. If I sold kits they'd be about 15 bucks with a 10 dollar profit. LOL.

#12 2 years ago

Designed from scratch and building a basic electrical circuit is far from copying. I misspoke on the labeling of what connector cn9 does it was late. These brackets hold up and I will be getting higher flow fans in for the next run. I preferred these silent ones at the cost of slightly lower cfm for my personal collection.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Designed from scratch and building a basic electrical circuit is far from copying.

Much easier when you have something to look at before you "design" a fused connector.

Quoted from SlapDrain:

I misspoke on the labeling of what connector cn9 does it was late. These brackets hold up and I will be getting higher flow fans in for the next run. I prefer these silent ones at the cost of slightly lower cfm.

33% less cfm is not "slightly less."

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Much easier when you have something to look at before you "design" a fused connector.

Yes i did reference my topper and a number of other mods I have purchased over the years for the inline fuse idea.

Quoted from PinMonk:

33% less cfm is not "slightly less."

I went with the HA series after pouring over the spec sheets because i prioritized noise level for my personal setup. I will be using MB/MF series fans for my next run.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the product copying is the point. The brackets are pretty much identical to the 1.0 pinmonk brackets I made that I abandoned because they could not stand up to the vibration from the flipper plates and shaker motors over time ....

I decided to print my brackets in a different orientation instead of throwing more plastic at it... Difference of opinion i suppose.

#15 2 years ago

double post...

#17 2 years ago

I’m a 30 year electrician and I can promise you guys that nobody on this forum invented inline fuses . I’m not taking either side I’m just saying that’s a common item that’s been around a long time .

#18 2 years ago

Here are some inline fuse looms available on Ali

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994128823.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

These are an obvious attempt to copy/sell a cheaper version of a product previously put out by Vic. You should be supporting quality in the community not encouraging knock offs mate.

This statement is expectable from somebody who is not American. This is the way.

#20 2 years ago

PinMonk - If you want to claim that your product is great because of X,Y and Z, that's awesome. It's your right to acknowledge you have a great product, and you should be proud. I'm sure you are. But it's not good business to promote your product by cutting your competitor off at the knees. Competition is nothing new in business. Let your product speak for itself. You're going to sell more units by talking up your product, not by talking the other guy's down.

Just look at Stern. Forever they were the only game in town. And in what feels like the blink of an eye, they have 3 serious competitors. To combat it, they upped their game (pun-intended). They started producing better games, hired more talent, created new innovations, increased production. Never once have you ever heard a Stern employee talk badly about Spooky, JJP, or American Pinball. At least, not publicly. Look how that's working out for them.

I can site my own business as well. When I owned Reciprocal Skateboards NYC in 2007, i was the only place in all of NYC w a collector operated pinball arcade. We were key in bringing pinball in NYC back from the dead. I did that for years w no competition. All of a sudden, a new place in Brooklyn saw the success I was having, and started doing a very similar thing. Except they bought lots more machines, and put me in a position that made me look inferior. Did i feel like my idea had been copied? Maybe. But instead of saying bad things about their business, methods and upkeep, I decided I had to work harder to be the best. As good as I was before, I had to be better. And I carry that tradition still today, with my more recent establishment. No matter what good things people say about the games at my establishment, I can always add another unique game, make it play better than anyone else's, and give people a better experience for their money. I only speak about myself, and what I do. What the competition does is their business. And I know I respect myself more for it. I'll never be the only pinball place in town anymore, and I'm fine with that. I just strive to be the greatest.

I know if you take the same approach, you'll be better for it. You have a good product. Rest comfortably enough on that. Then strive to keep making it better.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-flipper-coil-cooler-fans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.