apache_3.jpg
apache_2.jpg
apache_1.jpg
GZ_PF_Before.jpg
GZ_PF_2.jpg
GZ_PF_1.jpg
GZ_After.jpg
GZ_Before.jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I added some blue LEDs in the back to light the buildings up different colors: DSC03160.JPGDSC03160.JPG DSC03170.JPGDSC03170.JPG DSC03167.JPGDSC03167.JPG

#52 10 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a nice easy, steady 12V from under the play field? I need to plug the inner head lighting somewhere. Thanks!!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Does anyone know where I can get a nice easy, steady 12V from under the play field? I need to plug the inner head lighting somewhere. Thanks!!

I tried one of the flasher sockets, but musta chose one that barely ever flashes. What about the 3 position molex behind the left flipper, what the hell is that for?

#54 10 years ago

I'm guessing you like Godzilla?

#55 10 years ago

How did you get the head off?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

How did you get the head off?

I explained it in one of my posts on the last page. Well, I had some more time this afternoon so i rigged up a bright white spotlight for the middle of the play-field and the reaching claw. Lights things up quite nicely:
DSC03176.JPGDSC03176.JPG
.jpg.jpg
.jpg.jpg

#57 10 years ago

A few more:

GZ_PF_1.jpgGZ_PF_1.jpg
GZ_PF_2.jpgGZ_PF_2.jpg

Compared to how it started:

GZ_PF_Before.jpgGZ_PF_Before.jpg

#58 10 years ago

Before:

GZ_Before.jpgGZ_Before.jpg

After:

GZ_After.jpgGZ_After.jpg

#59 10 years ago

My head hurts--to much tilting!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

My head hurts--to much tilting!

Yeah this website is funny that way, depending on which computer I use to upload. With my Mac, I upload them right side up and they turn sideways. If I upload at work, the same pics appear properly. Very frustrating. If you click on the pics, they right themselves.

#61 10 years ago

Well since I'm not sure if there is a steady 12V source to tap into UNDER the playfield, maybe I'll just daisy chain 3 555 sockets inside the head and run 3 F-ing brights.

#62 10 years ago

Like it!

#63 10 years ago

I'll trade you my Godzilla for your Godzilla.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll trade you my Godzilla for your Godzilla.

I don't think I've ever seen pics of yours.

#66 10 years ago

So I have, so I have. Well, I am deciding not to go through with the trade. It took long enough to get the one I've got here.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

So I have, so I have. Well, I am deciding not to go through with the trade. It took long enough to get the one I've got here.

And you have already done more work on yours than I may ever. Good call! Enjoy your machine.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And you have already done more work on yours than I may ever. Good call! Enjoy your machine.

I've got 3 more things to do, then you can bet I will. Actually, I enjoy modding as much as playing, so I already am enjoying it.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I've got 3 more things to do, then you can bet I will. Actually, I enjoy modding as much as playing, so I already am enjoying it.

You have some beautiful looking pins! From a fellow Flintstones owner!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

You have some beautiful looking pins! From a fellow Flintstones owner!

Thanks man. Now to find a Demo Man to round out the collection.

1 week later
#71 10 years ago

Added a pretty cool mod this morning. I found a 1/100 scale mid-90's Apache Longbow Military Helicopter on ebay for $14. Most of it is die-cast metal, but all the moving parts are plastic. The Apache Longbows were featured prominently in the 1998 movie, and pics of them are found on both the playfield and back glass. I drilled a hole into the bottom of the model and made a 3.5" long flat bracket to attach it to the game somewhere. I chose one of the post screws on the ramp, putting the Longbow between the 2 on the playfield and the helicopter bonus flasher. It hangs about 3.5" above the playfield and aims directly at Godzilla's head. Turned out pretty sweet:

// Error: Image 108094 not found //
// Error: Image 108095 not found // apache_1.jpgapache_1.jpg apache_2.jpgapache_2.jpg

#72 10 years ago

Tough crowd. Well anyhoo, mocked up my Taxi mod this morning before work. I purchased a 1:43 scale 1992 Crown Vic NYC Taxicab, pretty close to the one they used to get away from Big G in the movie. I removed all the internals and wired in 2 555 sockets, one for the headlights and one for the tail lights. I then inserted a red ablaze 4 for the back and a white ablaze 4 for the front. I made a flat 4" long bracket and attached it under the ramp post closest to the reaching claw, then screwed it into the underside of the car near the center. Since this is cantilevered, I wanted to have at least half the car supported. Ran the wires down the flasher hole and plugged them into the GI for now, may tie them into the Taxi bonus later on. Looks pretty cool as if they are just about to be grabbed and crushed:

DSC03227.JPGDSC03227.JPG
DSC03229.JPGDSC03229.JPG
DSC03233.JPGDSC03233.JPG

#73 10 years ago

A few more pics with no flash:

DSC03238.JPGDSC03238.JPG DSC03235.JPGDSC03235.JPGDSC03230.JPGDSC03230.JPG

#74 10 years ago

Entire play field:

DSC03237.JPGDSC03237.JPG

#75 10 years ago

welcome to the sega fold! nice looking zilla you have!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

welcome to the sega fold! nice looking zilla you have!

Thank you. I must say, I rather enjoy this machine. The shaker motor is so well integrated that I sometimes forget it's there. It seems to only shake when it seems like it should.

#77 10 years ago

Wow, those mods are freaking awesome. I havent really done any modding on any of mine yet. Got 5 Sega machines (6 soon), so plenty to work with when I do start!

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Wow, those mods are freaking awesome. I havent really done any modding on any of mine yet. Got 5 Sega machines (6 soon), so plenty to work with when I do start!

Thanks man. I'm loving this game. I'll be lighting the head and eyes from the inside next, then on to powdercoating.

#79 10 years ago

I dont know how to do any of this stuff

Very noob when it comes to fixing or modding machines. How did you get the lights in there?

#80 10 years ago

Those mods are amazing -- they look like they belong there, and not like simply slapped in the game!
Nice job on the game!

#81 10 years ago

Nice job, the game looks really good. I finally got to play one a couple weeks ago. It's very underrated. I love hitting that big ramp.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I dont know how to do any of this stuff
Very noob when it comes to fixing or modding machines. How did you get the lights in there?

Take the car apart, remove the bottom, remove the internal parts, wire up 2 sockets, drill holes for the wires and the mounting bolts, replace the bottom, make a mounting bracket, mount it to a post, tie the wiring into a GI socket under the playfield, turn on the game and test. Time consuming, but not horribly difficult. Just figure out what you want, then make a plan for getting it done.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Those mods are amazing -- they look like they belong there, and not like simply slapped in the game!
Nice job on the game!

Thanks man, that's what I'm going for. Mods that enhance the look of the game, but look like they belong there. I have just as much fun modding this game as I do playing it.

#84 10 years ago

Come do mine!

And you can do my other Segas while you are here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-finally-arrives/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.