(Topic ID: 325497)

Atomic Godzilla Mod (List closed...Reserve list open)

By Jazzbouche

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,208 posts
  • 788 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by brycesub
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0637 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7181 (resized).png
IMG_7179 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240226_024800927 (resized).jpg
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
Mojo-Xmas-2023 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4339 (resized).png
IMG_4340 (resized).png
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8984 (resized).jpeg
MOD2 (resized).jpg
399615549_7262775673746652_7923878781659887707_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
awsomezilla (resized).png

There are 1,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

youppy, i just paid for my atomic godzilla!

Cool! Not long until I should receive my invoice as you are #94 and I am #116

Skippy2904

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

Cool! Not long until I should receive my invoice as you are #94 and I am #116
Skippy2904

yup yup

#453 1 year ago

Mine is being shipped...curious and protectors needed when changing this to bulletproof game ? ....my prem is bone stock

#454 1 year ago

Hi All! Thanks for all your amazing messages of support!
Production is going well - we have contacted up to number 105 on the list and many have already shipped.
If all goes to plan, we’ll be working our way to number 200 in the coming 3 weeks then up to 300 by early/mid May!
Keep an eye on your PMs for when we get to your number!
Cheers
Paul

#455 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the extended version

#456 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the extended version.

#457 1 year ago

please add me to extended version

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Mine is being shipped...curious and protectors needed when changing this to bulletproof game ? ....my prem is bone stock

Depends what you mean - for the Premium we've added a new upper plastic (the small transparent plastic that sits above Godzilla's tail) to better eliminate stuck balls. I'm not aware of any other issues in that area and haven't seen or heard of any damage to the main plastic. If you mean protectors to prevent an airball hitting Godzilla - I also haven't heard of that happening.

#459 1 year ago

Oh, fine. I want one of these, too. Extended version, por favor.

#460 1 year ago

Add me to the list for an extended version!

#461 1 year ago

Please add me to your list for an extended version. Thank you

#462 1 year ago

Please list me: Extended.

Thank you!
eric

#463 1 year ago

Please sign me up for extended!

#464 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for an Atomic Godzilla extended

#465 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Extended version

#466 1 year ago

#467 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the extended version. Thanks!

#468 1 year ago

Received mine on Friday. I was #15 and now all I need is my game to put in. Awsome looking and high quality for sure. Thanks

#469 1 year ago

Got mine installed yesterday with help from my playfield Jacks. I also took the opportunity to replace the broken magna grab plastic while it was up in the air.

Well done @jazzbouche
F64B90AE-3F6E-4098-A37A-3C2864D64BFC (resized).jpegF64B90AE-3F6E-4098-A37A-3C2864D64BFC (resized).jpeg

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Got mine installed yesterday with help from my playfield Jacks. I also took the opportunity to replace the broken magna grab plastic while it was up in the air.
Well done Jazzbouche
[quoted image]

How easy/difficult was the install?

Any tips?

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

How easy/difficult was the install?
Any tips?

Installing the Godzilla was super easy using the playfield jacks since it brigs everything up and out of the cabinet for easy access. Without them it wouldn't be incredibly difficult either, you'd just be working inside the cabinet.

The hardest part was clamping onto the trigger wires as its a tight fit in the wire bundles. I clipped a couple zip ties (they provide some in the kit as well) to gain access.

I will say that I could not get my building node board to lift from the base so I wasn't able to bet the provided board bracket under both spacers unfortunately. It is secured by one which is tight and shouldn't be ab issue.

#472 1 year ago

One thing for new owners, is to be careful when unboxing/unwrapping Godzilla. The spine on most of them is lightly clicked into place but not glued. This is to allow easy access to the LED strip if ever needed. However, i’ve heard that one was shaken loose in transit and was separate to the main body when unwrapped.

A loose spine should click back into place easily - locate the bottom first then the top, but message me if you’re unsure. On a few I have tacked them in place with a spot of glue, and this can be done if for some reason they’ve become too loose.

Contact me if you have any issues!

Great to see all these little fellas getting out into the world!

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

One thing for new owners, is to be careful when unboxing/unwrapping Godzilla. The spine on most of them is lightly clicked into place but not glued. This is to allow easy access to the LED strip if ever needed. However, i’ve heard that one was shaken loose in transit and was separate to the main body when unwrapped.
A loose spine should click back into place easily - locate the bottom first then the top, but message me if you’re unsure. On a few I have tacked them in place with a spot of glue, and this can be done if for some reason they’ve become too loose.
Contact me if you have any issues!
Great to see all these little fellas getting out into the world!

#17 arrived with the mail today! Looking forward to getting it installed this week.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Installing the Godzilla was super easy using the playfield jacks since it brigs everything up and out of the cabinet for easy access. Without them it wouldn't be incredibly difficult either, you'd just be working inside the cabinet.
The hardest part was clamping onto the trigger wires as its a tight fit in the wire bundles. I clipped a couple zip ties (they provide some in the kit as well) to gain access.
I will say that I could not get my building node board to lift from the base so I wasn't able to bet the provided board bracket under both spacers unfortunately. It is secured by one which is tight and shouldn't be ab issue.

Is there a commercial playfield jack available? I made my own with a couple pieces of plywood, but they are a little sketchy.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Is there a commercial playfield jack available? I made my own with a couple pieces of plywood, but they are a little sketchy.

Yes, you can find them here. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1437-performance-pinball

I made them initially to help out with the installation of my Godzilla bridge mod but they work for any modding, repair and maintenance. Trying not to derail the thread so after this will keep it about this awesome Atomic Godzilla!

#476 1 year ago

#38 arrived today! Up and running, easy installation, and it's sweet!! I have mirror blades
installed so it's twice as sweet!!

#477 1 year ago

Hello! Please add me to the list for an Extended Version, for an LE (if that matters). Thank you!

#478 1 year ago

Hello! Love the work, please add me to the list for a premium.

#479 1 year ago

Please add to the list, extended version

#480 1 year ago

Hello, Can you please add me to the list for an Extended Version, for an LE. Thank you!

#481 1 year ago

Installed mine yesterday - just a massive improvement! Well done!

#482 1 year ago

Extended for Prem please

#483 1 year ago

Keep getting better and better versions of Godzilla, but finally the absolute King of the Monsters has arrived! Great job Jazzbouche and stumblor for a fantastic mod.

60A53722-72B3-48F3-83D4-4A112A31DFAF (resized).jpeg60A53722-72B3-48F3-83D4-4A112A31DFAF (resized).jpegA43B7663-D41B-43A0-9BA8-32F18230307C (resized).jpegA43B7663-D41B-43A0-9BA8-32F18230307C (resized).jpegB0F7D55C-DAE0-4093-A142-6A8C6A42B8D9 (resized).jpegB0F7D55C-DAE0-4093-A142-6A8C6A42B8D9 (resized).jpeg
#484 1 year ago

So the extended needs to be synced ro a app after install ? Can someone please explain. Thanks

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So the extended needs to be synced ro a app after install ? Can someone please explain. Thanks

Hi - the LED strip patterns and colours can be changed via going online. The same way you can control Stumblors other products. It is in the instructions, but also comes preset so you don’t have to adjust anything if you don’t want to. Hope that helps.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Keep getting better and better versions of Godzilla, but finally the absolute King of the Monsters has arrived! Great job Jazzbouche and stumblor for a fantastic mod.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Evolution!!!
Love it - thanks RoadQueen!

#487 1 year ago

Has anyone hooked up the Atomic Godzilla with just the Godzilla breath back box md from Stumblor? If so, how is it done? This assumes just the basic kit.

#488 1 year ago

Will install atomic Gz today. The instructions recommend hooking it up to the Magna grab target. I am thinking of doing it to the center spinner because that’s the shot that charges heat ray. Seems to make sense. Was also thinking it would be cool to hook it up to action button for firing heat ray but I don’t think the wire is long enough. What have people done? Anyone gotten creative with this?

Edit: it is done. Hooking up to the center spinner was not an issue. Kind of neat how GZ flashes when the spinner rips. Pairs well. Poor original Godzilla has been exiled to Pac-Man Land.

33006B19-5911-4DE4-A994-CBBAE13F3402 (resized).jpeg33006B19-5911-4DE4-A994-CBBAE13F3402 (resized).jpeg41F12DF3-7395-4705-AF7A-D0EEC5CF3302 (resized).jpeg41F12DF3-7395-4705-AF7A-D0EEC5CF3302 (resized).jpeg
#489 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Has anyone hooked up the Atomic Godzilla with just the Godzilla breath back box md from Stumblor? If so, how is it done? This assumes just the basic kit.

So you'll need a single 3P (3 wire) splitter, which is connected to J9 (the backbox LED output) on the Lolly UFO board. One side goes to the backbox, the other side to AGZ. I've now sent a bunch of these splitters to Paul who will be including them with every basic kit that goes out, but if you happened to get an early basic kit without one, just give me a PM and I'll send one out.

Quoted from jackd104:

Will install atomic Gz today. The instructions recommend hooking it up to the Magna grab target. I am thinking of doing it to the center spinner because that’s the shot that charges heat ray. Seems to make sense. Was also thinking it would be cool to hook it up to action button for firing heat ray but I don’t think the wire is long enough. What have people done? Anyone gotten creative with this?
Edit: it is done. Hooking up to the center spinner was not an issue. Kind of neat how GZ flashes when the spinner rips. Pairs well. Poor original Godzilla has been exiled to Pac-Man Land. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yep had a few people connect the Lolly UFO backbox breath to the lockdown action button (via a looong cable!) and it's working great. You'll probably need an extender for this if you want to try it (2P JST PH), or if you can't find one, hit me up and I can sort. The spinner is a good one to use for sure though, and doesn't require a massive cable

Poor original Godzilla, I feel sorry for him - but then he shouldn't look so gormless and it wouldn't be a problem.

#490 1 year ago

I would like to be added to the list for an extended please.

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Edit: it is done. Hooking up to the center spinner was not an issue. Kind of neat how GZ flashes when the spinner rips. Pairs well. Poor original Godzilla has been exiled to Pac-Man Land. [quoted image][quoted image]

If you can, could you post a picture of the spinner hooking wires ? Thanks

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Not sure I’ll have the game open again any time soon but…. If you lift the playfield, there’s a hole just above (in the direction of the front of the pf) where the center spinner sits and there are two pairs if wires coming down through this hole. Each one connects to a molex plug. The spinner is the one that has a black and a white wire (the other one is some other colors, forget which). I found it easiest to disconnect the molex to attach the clip thing. I also had to peel back a little bit of the tubing that surrounds the black and white wires coming from the spinner.

#493 1 year ago

I have one!

60 Top Spinner (Top BLK/GRY, Bottom TAN/VIO)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

with the t-tap being like so (excuse similarity to you know what)

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Not sure I’ll have the game open again any time soon but…. If you lift the playfield, there’s a hole just above (in the direction of the front of the pf) where the center spinner sits and there are two pairs if wires coming down through this hole. Each one connects to a molex plug. The spinner is the one that has a black and a white wire (the other one is some other colors, forget which). I found it easiest to disconnect the molex to attach the clip thing. I also had to peel back a little bit of the tubing that surrounds the black and white wires coming from the spinner.

Thanks ! I will do it, since I have to get my red's back, tried comet's flame LED and does not the result I expected.

#495 1 year ago

quick one to you guys, is it easy to remove the connector provided for the magnet, mine is already installed. Seems pretty stiff.

#496 1 year ago

quick one to you guys, is it easy to remove the connector provided for the magnet, mine is already installed. Seems pretty stiff.

You mean the t-tap connector? Yep easy - you just need to lever up the little locking clip at the top of the connector using some tweezers or something similar.

#497 1 year ago

Thanks stumblor !

#498 1 year ago

it works ! thanks guys !

#499 1 year ago

#500 1 year ago

Please ADD me to the list for the EXTENDED version.

I saw this on a machine yesterday - and WOW - I need it!

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-atomic-godzilla-figure-mod/page/10?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.