5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sudsy7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have just completed a build of goDMD with the VET6 controller (designed by steve45 , https://go-dmd.de/). It's really awesome and I highly recommend it whether you build it yourself or just buy it plug & play. It works quite well with the exception of one thing - being able to use your own custom true color animations. I was able to use custom 16-color animations and they worked fine except the colors displayed by the DMD were not correct. On the recommendation of lucky1 , I converted the animations to 24-bit color using the Editor, and that made the colors display correctly, but now the first animation to play will repeat itself indefinitely and never switch back to the clock or any other animation. Another side effect is that the PIR function that would normally turn off the clock after a set time no longer functions correctly either. I have generated the animation file (foo.ani), using all the various settings in the menu including all 6 "ani format versions" and the get the same result regardless. So, I am stuck and looking for help from steve45 or anyone else who might be able to advise of what I may be doing wrong or suggest something I might try to get it working properly. Here is video of what it does. There are 3 true color animations on it, but as stated it gets "stuck" on the first one.

#2 5 years ago

More data. Here's what I observed after letting it run for a long time. I have the PIR set to switch off at 5 minutes (with normal foo.ani file it does switch off after 5 minutes), but it actually switches off after about 30 minutes for some reason with the true color animations. Then, when reactivated by motion, it advances to the next animation then plays that same animation continuously for about 30 minutes until it shuts down again. The process repeats itself, advancing to the next animation after each PIR shutdown. The clock is only shown once during each switch on, and the rest of the 30 minutes just displays the same repeating animation. Perhaps that info might mean something to steve45 or lucky1 ?

2 weeks later
    #3 4 years ago

My sincere thanks to steve45 for making changes to the clock f/w to support custom true color animations! It works like a Swiss watch - ahh, or in this case, a German clock.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godmd-vet6-true-color-animation-troubleshooting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.