(Topic ID: 332834)

Godfather terrible start of multiball name better one!

By Wariodolby

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB2BD3A1-7EAA-4AE6-B752-A5C5231AEAD2 (resized).jpeg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

The graphics for the JJPs potc is really cool

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I know no JJPs have been listed, but honestly, that's because everyone forgets about The Hobbit imo (or they haven't played it). Smaug multi-ball is fairly epic. Between Gandalf's voice and the music that plays during it, to Smaug basically getting more and more pissed at you as you hit shots. It's my favorite MB of all machines I've owned.
Honestly, the ball locks leading up to the multi-ball includes really cool movie "quotes" from Smaug. Again imo. Guess you have to be Hobbit fan to appreciate.

Correct. The Hobbit mutliballs are epic as hell.

#53 1 year ago

Woz, hobbit, Metallica sparky, tspp couch
Adams family

#54 1 year ago

BLACKWATEREEEEEEEEEEER…MULTIBAAAAALL!!!!

CB2BD3A1-7EAA-4AE6-B752-A5C5231AEAD2 (resized).jpegCB2BD3A1-7EAA-4AE6-B752-A5C5231AEAD2 (resized).jpeg
#55 1 year ago

You hit the nail firmly on the head - multiball is the highlight for most pinball games and should be a big deal when it starts.
I spend a lot of time creating a fun and exciting multiball modes in my games. Here's an example of the new multiball I created for Austin Powers:

Dude that is excellent!

#56 1 year ago

Hulk multi-ball in the original Stern Avengers is pretty sweet, I think. Hulk goes nuts, destroys bridge, game turns green and shakes violently. Sounds like the perfect start of a multi-ball to me.

#57 1 year ago

The problem with pretty much all the multiballs we’ve seen in Godfather is that they lack story elements, moments, and come across as being there just for points. This is sadly something JJP has gotten into the habit of doing with a majority of their up front multiballs (those before wizard modes).

Is there something about a “Compound” going on in Compound Multiball? No. How about something about a turf war during Turf War Multiball? No. Hey I got Sicily Mutliball what’s related to Sicily in it? Nothing. That something missing is unique animations, movie clips, sounds, and light shows that take over the game as you progress through the mode. That isn’t there. Instead there’s just the same animation on repeat in a quadrant on the screen. That’s dull and not fun IMO. Stack them all together and it’s just one big mess.

Overall there’s a severe lack of mode choreography in a majority of JJP’s up front multiballs. Make them an event, add moments, and don’t allow them to be stacked with 2-4 other modes. JJP has the ability to pull off more story based multiball modes as they thankfully take that approach for wizard modes. Please JJP take a similar approach for standard multiballs.

#58 1 year ago

Yeah when did it become standard to hand out multi balls like candy? It feels satisfying to earn one instead of accidentally starting one by hitting a sling

#59 1 year ago

Shall we, Robin?
Let's, Batman.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from RGman:

The sequence from vacation jackpot into white water multiball.

I was thinking that too because honestly that might be the best...but I consider it a wizard mode not a normal mb mode. Depends on the point of view I guess. Amazing all the same!

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

.but I consider it a wizard mode not a normal mb mode. Depends on the point of view I guess. Amazing all the same!

It is the wiz mode, but also the start of multiball

#62 1 year ago

When you get any multiball on Ghostbusters it's well deserved! I love the start of storage facility but the cool flipper reverse in Mass Hysteria for effect is amazing! Nothing like a good WCWS to polish off a ladder as well!

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

We're ready for multi ball, and here we go!
--I500

Getting super jackpot from the turbo is so awesome.

#64 1 year ago

I’ve always been a huge fan of the Frankenstein multiball sequence.

Start 2 ball, then you have to lock one of the balls back at the top of the playfield. This starts a hurry up count to lock the second ball.... the longer it takes, the less amount of balls for multiball (up to 6, lowest is 3). It’s a fun little adrenaline rush.... 6, 6, 6!

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

Shall we, Robin?
Let's, Batman.

Oh man. Good one.

#66 1 year ago

All the MBs on Ghostbusters.

Didn't really think how "cheap" the multiballs feel on JJP (esp gone and gf) were until comparing them to other games.

They certainly don't feel earned... hell, even C-R-Y-P-T is more exciting with the shaker... nevermind completing all tasks around and getting the baptism... Er I mean Crypt Jam. TFTC is all I think with that playfield objective wheel (that's not a bad thing, I love tftc).

Still getting the CE, it is a fun game no matter. I will say that stacking the various multiballs and increasing the balls in play by doing so was pretty fun. I'm sure the fanfare for wizard modes will impress.

#67 1 year ago

I'm a sucker for a good light show. Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, or Big House

#68 1 year ago

There is some good ones here but I f’n love f-14 tomcat’s start please add that!

#69 1 year ago

"Lights!"

"Organ!"

"...oooh, Nice Organ!"

How has nobody mentioned EatPM, yet?

#70 1 year ago

JJP GnR is the only mid-game I've walked away from in years, A multiball started seemingly at random and I swear, it would not end. Five minutes later it was still putting balls in the shooter lane. I thought it was broken, I've since found out it's a GnR thing by reading posts of other people weary of it.

#71 1 year ago

Apollo 13.. “we are a go for 13 ball play”..
“we’re surrounded by pinballs”

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hulk multi-ball in the original Stern Avengers is pretty sweet, I think. Hulk goes nuts, destroys bridge, game turns green and shakes violently. Sounds like the perfect start of a multi-ball to me.

This one^^^ has a bunch of great multiball moments.
I'll add loki multiball to the list.

Also something about Halloween boogeyman/ don't fear the reaper just gives me great joy and I feel like I'm being carried away for some reason.
Really can't explain it cuz it's not perfect but....

#73 1 year ago

Gotta go with the classics - Whirlwind! "Feel the power of the wind! Here it cooooomes!" Definitely a great build up.

#74 1 year ago

Scared Stiff crate and coffin multi-balls plus getting scared stiff never gets old. Pretty much any game with multi-balls is better than GF at the moment. Pretty sad.

#75 1 year ago
#76 1 year ago

Monster Bash’s top of my list then in no order:
Stern JP
Godzilla
MM/AFM about similar
Aerosmith
and more

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-terrible-start-of-multiball-name-better-one/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.