(Topic ID: 332834)

Godfather terrible start of multiball name better one!

By Wariodolby

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB2BD3A1-7EAA-4AE6-B752-A5C5231AEAD2 (resized).jpeg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 months ago

Definitely a lost art!!
Earning multi ball use to mean something.
Getting rewarded with awesome light show and sound package was 50% of the fun.
Unfortunately Godfather has zero excitement when starting multiball.
Let me know your favorite start of multiball.
Obviously Addams family set the standard.

#2 11 months ago

Sparky Multiball on Metallica

#3 11 months ago

"I am Grooot!!"

#4 11 months ago

R&M Gromflomite multiball

#5 11 months ago

Twister multiball is kind of fun where all of the balls stick to the disk and then it spins and releases the balls in different directions. I like WOZ as well where the door burst open and a very robust voice calls out the Multiball.

#6 11 months ago

Fish Tales lightning and boats racing to the fishing derby.

#7 11 months ago

You hit the nail firmly on the head - multiball is the highlight for most pinball games and should be a big deal when it starts.

I spend a lot of time creating a fun and exciting multiball modes in my games. Here's an example of the new multiball I created for Austin Powers:

I used the "Time Machine" to send the player back and forward through time in a spectacular light show (not in the real game obviously).

#8 11 months ago

TZ is a pretty good start for the 3 ball

#9 11 months ago

Magneto MB on X-Men LE is well done.

#10 11 months ago

Couch mb tspp, second only to “It’s showtime!”, tie it to a shaker motor and it’s even better.

#11 11 months ago

Mind blowing how many great ones have been mentioned.
Unfortunately none from a JJP .
I’m a JJP fanboy.
This sucks none of my games can even come close to making the list.
Forget about Godfather I think Gorgar has better sounds letting you know something exciting is happening.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

"I am Grooot!!"

Seconded! Everyone at the house gets such a kick out of that one!

#13 11 months ago

No Good Gofers has an amazing light show to start Multiball, the callout and sound effects are timed extremely well.

Gromflomite in Rick and Morty is pretty spot on too! Awesome sweeping light show and the siren to go with it.

NBA Fastbreak is up there for me as well.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I like WOZ as well where the door burst open and a very robust voice calls out the Multiball.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Unfortunately none from a JJP

???

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m a JJP fanboy.
Forget about Godfather I think Gorgar has better sounds letting you know something exciting is happening.

Unfortunately if you mentioned a suggestion to Keith he would just get defensive about it.

#16 11 months ago

NASCAR is the best multi all start… the car reving the countdown the planes flying on the screen then the music

#17 11 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

NASCAR is the best multi all start… the car reving the countdown the planes flying on the screen then the music

...oh God the music, make it stop.. pleeeease make it stop..

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m a JJP fanboy.

Wonka had some pretty good MB starts. Wonkavator and Kid Mulitball in particular. This game also has a great sense of earned MBs that are special and lots of great stacking too, similar to tspp. No surprise it’s a Lawlor with those attributes.

#19 11 months ago

Gappa Angry on EHOH.

#20 11 months ago

Lots of good ones mentioned, one that I remember be shouted constantly at league when it was around was, “Blackwater Multiball!” From GOT.

#21 11 months ago

Funhouse of course!

#22 11 months ago

How can you work on a theme 3 years 24/7 and never have a moment of inspiration for an awesome start of a multi-ball?

#23 11 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Sparky Multiball on Metallica

Definitely one of my fav, has all the goodies.

Ball grabbed on a magnet to stage it all? Check. Great dots, as the electricity spikes along the cable and the sound ramps up while the light show kicks in? Check! Physical toy interaction as you fry the shit out of that little bastard who's been talking smack all the way leading up to it? Double check. I suggest having the shaker installed. And then the eyeballs fly out and hit the screen, best seen in ColorDMD Vision™ and you're feeling ready to rock and roll.

It's just a shoot-up-the-middle-bash-toy start, nothing fancy about the code, but it's incredibly satisfying to start it, and it gives a really good reward to players of any skill level. When new people come over I can tell them to just shoot Sparky, it's easy to grasp, and when they get it they feel awesome.

#24 11 months ago

Beer barrel mb on OKT is fun. Balls come out of the barrel, magnet grabs them and they dance around to fun music before magnet releases them.

#25 11 months ago

Demotime mode on demolition man.

Stern jp txrex mode.

#26 11 months ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

F'yeah!

It does, and great light show with the streams of inserts and wheel of mode inserts!

#27 11 months ago

Strange Science has the GOAT atom smasher mb start.

#28 11 months ago

I still like firepower but that's just me. Setting up the adjustments to difficult and achieving multiball on that game still is cool 40 years later.

#29 11 months ago

Addams Family's multiball is definitely the one to beat. I love the second version of it even more maybe: "It has to warm up...so it can KILL YOU!! SHOW-TIME!!!!!"

Ghostbusters has a good multiball start but it's not as epic.

My personal choice is Star Trek the Next Generation - the lead up to the Borg is setup through ball 1 and 2 locks, and then they come onscreen and attack. You have Mirana Sirtis announcing casualties on multiple decks while Patrick Stewart shouts out "All hands prepare for multi-ball!" in epic fashion as the blue shield lights up in front of the Enterprise on the playfield. I don't know if I can think of another multiball that so perfectly ties into the theme.

Maybe a bit biased because I will be owning one, but I like how Mystery Machine multiball starts up on Scooby with that bit of echo to make it sound epic with the engine starting:

Fred: "Let's go!"

Scooby: "Right, ret's ro!"

And then it launches into the iconic theme song. Really great! But off the top of my head nothing tops Addams Family or Star Trek TNG!

#30 11 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Unfortunately if you mentioned a suggestion to Keith he would just get defensive about it.

He does get credit for LotR Two Towers MB-

Christopher Lee as Saruman: A NEW POWER IS RISING! [horns blow] [flash] [flash] [flash] TO WAAAAAAR!

#31 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m a JJP fanboy.

I know no JJPs have been listed, but honestly, that's because everyone forgets about The Hobbit imo (or they haven't played it). Smaug multi-ball is fairly epic. Between Gandalf's voice and the music that plays during it, to Smaug basically getting more and more pissed at you as you hit shots. It's my favorite MB of all machines I've owned.

Honestly, the ball locks leading up to the multi-ball includes really cool movie "quotes" from Smaug. Again imo. Guess you have to be Hobbit fan to appreciate.

#32 11 months ago

Not just TTT... Fellowship multiball intro has its own complete mini mode that follows the movie plot with the cave troll and balrog meeting sequence.

All of these are multiballs that start while gameplay is paused. Problem with modern JJP is the multiballs just start spontaneously, hard to have big fanfare for that.

#33 11 months ago

F-14

#34 11 months ago

Good answer!! System 11's knew how to start a multiball!!! Jokerz, Swords, Whirlwind... Heck, Big Guns... Roller games... Maybe just WMS / Bally in general...

Damn I miss a good sound build up and light show.

#35 11 months ago

AFM - never gets old.

#36 11 months ago

LOTR Two Towers “A new power is rising….TOO WAR!!!!!”

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m a JJP fanboy.

Into the Fire always gets me pumped from Hobbit.

#38 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Good answer!! System 11's knew how to start a multiball!!! Jokerz, Swords, Whirlwind... Heck, Big Guns... Roller games... Maybe just WMS / Bally in general...
Damn I miss a good sound build up and light show.

And Fire…gotta love the sirens.

#39 11 months ago

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but Monster Bash with Frank's table lowering, him standing up, and his arms shooting straight out, preceeded by the DMD animations and audio fanfare, is pretty cool.

#40 11 months ago

Stern Jurassic Park Pre/LE has a fun one just because I love the T-Rex chomping on the ball and the audio build before it yells T-Rex Multiball!

#41 11 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Gappa Angry on EHOH.

Gappy Angry on Elvira is great. Gotta hit shots and then lock 6 balls all over the place and then the flippers and coils go wild. Gotta earn it and it's fun!

#42 11 months ago

Surprised Godzilla hasn't been mentioned yet. 3 balls locked on top of the building, then the music comes on and the building collapses to release the balls. Pretty cool intro to it. And you have to hit a couple shots each to both the ramps and through the building to earn the locks.

#43 11 months ago

The sequence from vacation jackpot into white water multiball.

#44 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Surprised Godzilla hasn't been mentioned yet. 3 balls locked on top of the building, then the music comes on and the building collapses to release the balls. Pretty cool intro to it. And you have to hit a couple shots each to both the ramps and through the building to earn the locks.

Yes, this is totes among the best multiball of all time.

#45 11 months ago

Apollo 13 is out of this world!

#46 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Definitely up there with the rest. I remember distinctly on the first stream when Elwin locked that third ball it was premium/LE or bust for me.

#47 11 months ago

Damn you beat me to it. Man, when ALL the flashers go off at once right before the balls release....I've almost gone catatonic and keel'd over a couple times.

#48 11 months ago

We're ready for multi ball, and here we go!
--I500

#49 11 months ago

Dialed in all multi ball intros are the best.

#50 11 months ago

Data East TMNT

Callout: "I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!"

Music: TMNT cartoon theme

*Ball pops up from the sewer as the other balls auto fire into play*

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-terrible-start-of-multiball-name-better-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.