Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DropGems
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you want this game?”

• No 27 votes
      47%
    • Nah 10 votes
      18%
    • No thank you 20 votes
      35%

(57 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44F28C01-1CE5-423C-B506-251BB9CC9C42 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

I don't want to dunk on everyone in the Godfather threads that are excited to piss away their hard earned money on. A game that i find to so uninspired and bland. So, I figured I would make a thread where we can more vocalize our opinions on why we don't like it so we arent directly crapping on our pinball brothers who are excited for it.

I'll start. The lighting makes zero sense. So many colors for a game that should be subdued. And who watched the Godfather movies and thought how excited it would be as a pinball machine? Where we are watching them all on the porch talking, or how Michael went to the hosptial alone to see his father and said "my god this would be perfect for a pinball machine."

Stand around the hospital multiball! Die of a heart attack in the garden super jackpot!!! Convince whats-his-name to kill himself hurry up!!!

Dude, the movie is incredible, but a good pinball theme it is not.

And finally, this is from a guy that at one point planned to collect them all. I've had 4 jjps in my line up at one point, but... the jjp mechs are just too darn lazy/sleepy for me to care about their games any more. Going from a williams or stern to a jjp makes the slings and flippers feel like something is wrong with the machine. I just cannot get past this feeling any longer.

So anyhow... let's give the guys who are inexplicably excited for this game a break. Let them high five each other in their (numerous) threads and just vent the hate here.

#2 1 year ago
    44F28C01-1CE5-423C-B506-251BB9CC9C42 (resized).jpeg44F28C01-1CE5-423C-B506-251BB9CC9C42 (resized).jpeg
    #3 1 year ago

Nobodys doing that, dummy. I'm trying to help. Like that invention where you put poop on a loooong stick near the picnic to keep the flies away from your food.

#4 1 year ago

Forget the fact that if you filter by JJP threads, there’s already a dozen Godfather threads, at least 4 of those are specifically redundant “you in or out” threads. No need for another. And this isn’t even in the correct subcategory anyways.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Forget the fact that if you filter by JJP threads, there’s already a dozen Godfather threads, at least 4 of those are specifically redundant “you in or out” threads. No need for another. And this isn’t even in the correct subcategory anyways.

Yes you're right.

Mods, would you move this to the "fuck this game" subcategory, please?

#6 1 year ago

Look man I am not typically a big JJP guy, as a matter of fact I think most of the JJP fanboys would definitely put me in the "Stern Army" category but that being said JJP is in the business of trying to sell games. Who wants boring colors and bland lighting in their games? Who would want to buy a game like that? Does JJP still have some improving to do things like the flippers, code, and qc? Absolutely, but there is no need to shit on other peoples excitement. I think they repeatedly miss when it comes to themes but as far as I am concerned the more games the merrier.

#7 1 year ago

Godfather is the new goat. Deal with it

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from DropGems:

Godfather is the new goat. Deal with it

Gotten that much time on it already have we?

#9 1 year ago

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes you're right.
    Mods, would you move this to the "fuck this game" subcategory, please?

Have another. IBTL

#11 1 year ago

Based on what we’ve seen so far, explain to me in what ways you feel GF is inferior to FF. Because to me, it looks better in every single way. But you don’t see me making a FF hate thread

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Based on what we’ve seen so far, explain to me in what ways you feel GF is inferior to FF. Because to me, it looks better in every single way. But you don’t see me making a FF hate thread

Neither thread should exist.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I don't want to dunk on everyone in the Godfather threads that are excited to piss away their hard earned money on. A game that i find to so uninspired and bland. So, I figured I would make a thread where we can more vocalize our opinions on why we don't like it so we arent directly crapping on our pinball brothers who are excited for it.
    I'll start. The lighting makes zero sense. So many colors for a game that should be subdued. And who watched the Godfather movies and thought how excited it would be as a pinball machine? Where we are watching them all on the porch talking, or how Michael went to the hosptial alone to see his father and said "my god this would be perfect for a pinball machine."
    Stand around the hospital multiball! Die of a heart attack in the garden super jackpot!!! Convince whats-his-name to kill himself hurry up!!!
    Dude, the movie is incredible, but a good pinball theme it is not.
    And finally, this is from a guy that at one point planned to collect them all. I've had 4 jjps in my line up at one point, but... the jjp mechs are just too darn lazy/sleepy for me to care about their games any more. Going from a williams or stern to a jjp makes the slings and flippers feel like something is wrong with the machine. I just cannot get past this feeling any longer.
    So anyhow... let's give the guys who are inexplicably excited for this game a break. Let them high five each other in their (numerous) threads and just vent the hate here.

Thumbs up not because I completely agree, but because you've proven that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't around here. Bag on the game in the hype thread, people don't like it. Create a thread specifically as a place to go to bag on it, people don't like that either. Many Pinsiders confuse themselves as being the defense attorneys and/or owners of the pin manufacturers instead of the consumer, who should always want as much as possible for as little as possible.

#15 1 year ago

Me too because of the bad word he’s getting away with in the thread title….

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Thumbs up not because I completely agree, but because you've proven that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't around here. Bag on the game in the hype thread, people don't like it. Create a thread specifically as a place to go to bag on it, people don't like that either. Many Pinsiders confuse themselves as being the defense attorneys and/or owners of the pin manufacturers instead of the consumer, who should always want as much as possible for as little as possible.

Completely agree.

#17 1 year ago

Pinside needs more Godfather threads

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

We need another Godfather thread discussing why we need so many Godfather threads

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Nobodys doing that, dummy. I'm trying to help. Like that invention where you put poop on a loooong stick near the picnic to keep the flies away from your food.

Wait, what? Maybe it's just me, but there is no stick long enough to make poop and picnics a good combo.

#20 1 year ago

INBEFORTHELOCK!!

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I just cannot get past this feeling any longer

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
    I remember what I started this thread for..
    Over there they wanted to show me the door
    Started calling me a bore.. what-ever...

(apologies to REO! )

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

And who watched the Godfather movies and thought how excited it would be as a pinball machine?

I’ve never thought that about any movie. I have a strong preference for unlicenced themes. (although I was thinking the other day nobody’s ever made one from Men in Black - not that I want one from MIB).

Eric Meunier said in the STDM reveal that Godfather is a drama, not an action film and created the pin accordingly. I applaud this. It sounds like the game is about slowly gaining territory in New York (a map like in Roadshow - I like that), carrying out little missions, etc. I think people are way too hung up on the “pinball suitability” of famous action scenes in Godfather, anyway - or any other film for that matter.

You might be right about the lighting. A good light show can be thrilling, though, but I think JJP might be throwing a tad too many resources into this. These banks of lamps along the sides of the cabinet seem to be the trend these days.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

you’re probably right - the hype thread has become too long winded - no fun to read anymore.

#24 1 year ago

Game is a flash in the pan like others in history from various manufacturers.

Very attractive but not what I seek in my limited space. Stern tried a cash grab at 20 grand and I refuse to ever see 15 large as a comparative bargain, not for this title.

I don’t HATE any pin. I don’t HATE any manufacturer. I am annoyed at these from time to time but reality is not the internet.

#25 1 year ago

Fug not fag.

fuggedaboutit

#26 1 year ago

I am going to sit this one out. For $15 - I need more in a game. If they re released WOZ, Dialed In or POTC at $15, I could rationalize that. I’m not seeing the same mechs in this game. Combine that with a TZ remake that could potentially be less and that takes me out. GF looks great to me and don’t get me wrong they did a great job, but I don’t see the value anymore. I have an honest fear of the economy drying up in 2024. I don’t want to get stuck with expensive games in that situation until things improve. Too much competition now. I have to believe that price stabilization is here, but who knows.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Gotten that much time on it already have we?

Don’t worry about it.

Quoted from adborto:

I am going to sit this one out. For $15 - I need more in a game. If they re released WOZ, Dialed In or POTC at $15, I could rationalize that. I’m not seeing the same mechs in this game. Combine that with a TZ remake that could potentially be less and that takes me out. GF looks great to me and don’t get me wrong they did a great job, but I don’t see the value anymore. I have an honest fear of the economy drying up in 2024. I don’t want to get stuck with expensive games in that situation until things improve. Too much competition now. I have to believe that price stabilization is here, but who knows.

I had a DI. Loved it. Godfather is super meched out though. It’s just lots of creative mini mechs that alter the ball path vs a giant stand out mech

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-pinball-fagetabatit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.