• In on a CE 60 votes
    20%
  • I'll Fuhgeddaboudit 223 votes
    73%

(305 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230306-081802_Instagram (resized).jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Welcome to the Family...

#2 1 year ago

We are taking preorders for CE’s and LE’s of whatever the next JJP title is. PM if interested.

#3 1 year ago

Nah WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

#4 1 year ago

Not a theme I associate with pinball and the pricing is likely to be get da ufck out of her. Easy to pas on this.

#5 1 year ago

Just when I thought I was in ,They pushed me back out !Best to all that are purchasing and the design crew

#6 1 year ago

zero interest in theme alone
Scooby Doo, great theme
Foo Fighters looks amazing
Tank Man, OK will have a look
God Father, They are making an offer, and I am refusing

#7 1 year ago

Why do we have these threads before the game has even been shown?

We haven't seen the playfield, the art, how it flips, what it costs, if it's actually Godfather 3, who's doing the callouts, what the music is, how could anyone possibly make any kind of intelligent answer to this question?

#8 1 year ago

Didn’t realize anyone had actually seen the table… you have some video and pics for us?

#9 1 year ago

I was very close to pulling the trigger on TS4 without seeing it, and I was so disappointed that I will ever do that again.

I also almost pulled the trigger on GnR after the playfields was unveiled and luckily I played one right before and got buried under the multiball orgy.

It seems that what JJP used us to get until GnR is not how they build pinballs anymore, it went from the most loaded playfields to starvation so who k owns how this one will be.

#10 1 year ago

Not a theme for me. Let’s get themes like Superman 78, goonies, bttf, princess bride, transformers 86 movie, Toy Story 1-3, labyrinth, muppets, muppet treasure island, Def Leppard, 1990 tmnt movie, super Mario brothers, Star Wars 4-6, Harry Potter

Until then, I’m good

#11 1 year ago

Not at current prices. It's going to be interesting to see how many they sell.

#12 1 year ago

I can't imagine GF being for me on theme alone. I'm looking forward to see what they do here, but I will be shocked if it's something I would even consider buying. Happy to eat my words if they do something truly great...

#13 1 year ago

Todays prices with a Mirco playfield...... not a chance

#14 1 year ago

I’ve been off Pinside for a while and only came here to read about GF. Seriously there has been no progress on playfields after all this time? How hard can it be? In my other hobby, high end audio, issues like this are addressed pretty quickly otherwise no one would buy from that manufacturer.

JJP was the company that ignited my interest in pinball, after seeing their incredible work on the Hobled and Mom Jeans.

Like an idiot I hesitated on buying the wide body Amber Herd game, and now I’m afraid the rest of JJP titles will all be strippers, and I don’t go to gentlemen’s clubs any more.

#15 1 year ago

Nope. Should have did snoop or something relevant. Even Ed Sheeran signed with death row...today

#16 1 year ago

Is there a consensus on the best playing JJP?
They’re all beautiful machines. I haven’t played all of them enough to know which plays the best.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I’ve been off Pinside for a while and only came here to read about GF. Seriously there has been no progress on playfields after all this time? How hard can it be? In my other hobby, high end audio, issues like this are addressed pretty quickly otherwise no one would buy from that manufacturer.
JJP was the company that ignited my interest in pinball, after seeing their incredible work on the Hobled and Mom Jeans.
Like an idiot I hesitated on buying the wide body Amber Herd game, and now I’m afraid the rest of JJP titles will all be strippers, and I don’t go to gentlemen’s clubs any more.

Ummm…. What?

#18 1 year ago

when they start updating/finishing codes and have some better tech support for the customer, then maybe i'll reconsider buying from them.

#19 1 year ago

Still have the taste of the Lloyd debacle in my mouth. Sorry!

#20 1 year ago
I was just having some fun with the names of the JJP machines - remember when everyone was like what up with the mom jeans on Dialed in?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why do we have these threads before the game has even been shown?
We haven't seen the playfield, the art, how it flips, what it costs, if it's actually Godfather 3, who's doing the callouts, what the music is, how could anyone possibly make any kind of intelligent answer to this question?

I think you are really underestimating the amount of people who literally buy a game based on theme, or designer, or manufacturer...

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you are really underestimating the amount of people who literally buy a game based on theme, or designer, or manufacturer...

Most people buying games don’t really play the game…but it looks great!

#24 1 year ago

Can we at least see the dang thing .... the fomo buying needs to stop especially at the ridiculous prices. I'll make my decision after I see and play the game. I don't understand the buying before anything is even seen.

#25 1 year ago

Theme is low on my priority list. Play is what matters to me. That being said, I agree with the playfield quality and lack of code updates comments. I'll wait until they earn back my trust. Stern is making too many home runs lately.

#26 1 year ago

Think the smart thing to do prior to release of GF would have been a GnR mega code update

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

, if it's actually Godfather 3, who's doing the callouts, what the music is

Godfather 3? I like some parts of that flick but that would be like wanting a pin based on 'Speed' and you find out it's 'Speed 2: Cruise Control'.

#28 1 year ago

No doubt the art will be great, the layout fun to shoot and the animations stunning... but the code and audio design will be lacking on this one. Worst theme choice since Punny Factory.

I can only imagine it's Jack's favourite movie and he wanted it made at any cost.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No doubt the art will be great, the layout fun to shoot and the animations stunning... but the code and audio design will be lacking on this one. Worst theme choice since Punny Factory.
I can only imagine it's Jack's favourite movie and he wanted it made at any cost.

So you often want to make clear you can design and make better pinballs in shorter time than others, but I don't think you'll ever get hired of you keep coming with nonsense statements like this where you state your opinion as of it were a fact (theme) and make statements you probably don't know very much about (code and audio).

I'm looking forward to this game and have confidence they'll make it a nice one. And I don't state that as a fact, for I haven't seen gameplay yet, let alone played it, but just as my expectation.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

how could anyone possibly make any kind of intelligent answer to this question?

Intelligent answers are clearly not being sought.

#31 1 year ago

I've grown weary of jjp. They used to be sought after after by me, but the price, the problems and the way they all play has made me not care any more. And could they have picked a shittier theme for a pinball machine? Tons of color changing LEDs with a Godfather theme makes zero sense.

#32 1 year ago

I’m intrigued after seeing the underside of the playfield pic. It looks like there is a ton going on. However, I’m going to pass. For me, in general, the gameplay of the JJP’s doesn’t justify the inflated price. With that being said, they always look amazing.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I've grown weary of jjp. They used to be sought after after by me, but the price, the problems and the way they all play has made me not care any more. And could they have picked a shittier theme for a pinball machine? Tons of color changing LEDs with a Godfather theme makes zero sense.

You may want to wait for JJP’s next theme after this one, Sound of Music.

#34 1 year ago

Buy , nope. Will I play it on location, yep sure.

Theme can be great if done correctly. I do like Stern Sopranos and I guess this game will have some similar vibes.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Tons of color changing LEDs with a Godfather theme makes zero sense.

Indeed. He'll look like a superman ice cream cone when JJP is done with him.

Screenshot_20230306-081802_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230306-081802_Instagram (resized).jpg
#36 1 year ago

For me I am a wait and see, but JJP gives me a lot of pause. Their playfield debocal and their lack of any sort of response, other than blaming the customer, will always weigh on my mind. Their prices are sky high now, for 12k the game has to be flat out awesome(Curious to see if they back off on pricing on this one). Lastly I still don’t like the feel of JJP’s flippers. So, lot’s to think about but likely this will be a no.

#37 1 year ago

I know many will disagree, but, in my eyes, JJP owes me one helluva GNR code update. GNR like a Lamborghini (beautiful and sounds great) that you can't shift out of first gear. Its value is heading even further into the toilet because of the code design with no bottom in sight...notwithstanding any Mirco issues.

I also own WOZ and Wonka and absolutely love them but what they've neglected with GNR in terms of scoring balance and useless mini modes is keeping me on pause for future JJP titles....especially Eric M. models.

So, I am currently out of GF....especially at 12k.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not far off from the truth lol

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What you running? I'm B&W 802d4s with Bryston 7b3 mono blocks and an Anthem AVM 90.

#40 1 year ago

I am always so surprised by all the JJP anger on the boards. First off, I have no favorite pin company, I am lucky enough to own two Sterns and two JJPS and I love them all. It's a bit of a problem because I'm out of room and can't let any of my machines go, so when a new title is released, I am pretty much out. (At least for now).

As most pinball buyers discover, there are issues with your game right off the bat. Some big, some small and I've had issues with all of my games when they've arrived. And I have to say, both Stern and JJP were super responsive when I got in touch with customer service. I had to replace the CPU for Toy Story and they not only got the parts out to me ASAP, the tech called me back on a Sunday and stayed on the phone with me for over an hour helping me get it installed properly. I'm not discounting anyone else's experiences, but just wanted to share mine. They've always done right by me and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a game from either Stern or JJP again.

I'm also someone who is super excited to see what they've done with Godfather, it's one of my fave movies of all time And if it's as packed as the bottom of the playfield makes it seem, I may have to actually part with one of my other beloved machines and get one.

#41 1 year ago

I’m in on a CE

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

For me I am a wait and see, but JJP gives me a lot of pause. Their playfield debocal and their lack of any sort of response, other than blaming the customer, will always weigh on my mind.

Don’t blame you for holding a bad experience and poor response against JJP, but I will say I don’t think there were any issues with TS4’s playfield.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What you running? I'm B&W 802d4s with Bryston 7b3 mono blocks and an Anthem AVM 90.

Hopefully not hijacking this thread (most people don’t care about high end audio so little risk of that) But I have TAD CR1’s with Velodyne subs, atma-sphere all tube preamp, BHK300 mono block amps, a 150lb TTW turntable, and the brand new PS Audio DAC just arrived today.

I was just informed today I owe close to $40k to resolve a zoning issue with my Condo, and I’m debating selling my TAF to help pay for it. Just yesterday I was thinking I could sell my TAF and buy a new pin. I only have one pin and really don’t want to be without one.

#44 1 year ago

Sweet system !! Love PS audio and that Dac will be life changing too!!
Hoping you don’t have to sell that Pin. I sold every pin I had a few years back .
And yet here I am again so worst case play out on locations until you can get another back .
Cheers to good music and pinball.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from GPS:

Still have the taste of the Lloyd debacle in my mouth. Sorry!

Only thing I miss is having the full jjp line up here.

I don't miss the tech support or getting the tech support game a month after other locations in my area.

LTG : )

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't hate me for saying this, but I would definitely buy that machine. One of the best musicals ever made!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not a theme for me. Let’s get themes like Superman 78, goonies, bttf, princess bride, transformers 86 movie, Toy Story 1-3, labyrinth, muppets, muppet treasure island, Def Leppard, 1990 tmnt movie, super Mario brothers, Star Wars 4-6, Harry Potter
Until then, I’m good

i'd def buy bttf and princess bride sight unseen

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from hankle:

Don't hate me for saying this, but I would definitely buy that machine. One of the best musicals ever made!

Can't argue with that. Musicals are fantastic and a perfect fit for a fast and fun pinball experience.

#49 1 year ago

Very much into the theme... I think this will be an instant classic. All-in on a CE.

#50 1 year ago

In.
LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 1,399.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

12,778 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.