Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1543 1 year ago

I have to admit that this CE version might be the most beautiful pin I've ever seen. I love everything about it visually and if I didn't just receive a CCR LE and have two more pins on order, I might have already jumped on a CE. That said, after watching the promotional info, I'm getting some GNR LE vibes about the mulitballs being listed as key to the game. I enjoy my GNR LE (purchased much later at a discount), but the spongy flippers and forever multiball really hold that game back. So, I'm foolishly rolling the dice that this won't be like POTC CE and I might be able to pick one up later.

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Last thing I wanted to see in that video was stacking two multi balls….

I'm 100% with you there. That's the only thing holding me back at this point because everything else about the game I love. It's gorgeous! Unfortunately, I've got a GnR LE sitting next to my bar, and it's a drunken sailor of multiballs. So, I'm going to have to wait on this one to make sure my sneaky suspicions aren't true.

#2280 1 year ago

This is one of the most beautiful pins in history, themed on the best movie trilogy in history. But again, those damn multiballs... While I was reading this thread my GNR LE came on by itself and manifested four multiballs, just to torment me. Trying to get it under control, I never successfully had the flipper strength to make a left ramp.... But dang it, I still want to buy a GF CE and I can't shake the fever.

#2783 1 year ago

I unexpectedly got a chance to play GF LE this evening. It's an interesting game and most of the secrets are out, but I'll still give my two cents. The flippers are better than my GNR LE, it's great eye candy, the multiballs are a little bit less annoying but not by a lot from my brief experience, and the diverters truly keep you guessing. I rarely knew where the ball was coming from or what locked a ball until near the end of my play. That said, I didn't feel like I was playing a God Father game. It felt very mafia generic, and I was so concentrating on the playfield that I couldn't watch the screen to see what was showing until my final drain where I saw tons of God Father graphics on the display. The back machine gun wielding sculpt that many have complained about doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I think he's kind of cool. The game I played was shockingly fast, particularly the right inlane which gets some sort of Rocket Racoon boost to rush past flippers before you can react, to keep you on your toes. So, I'm torn on the game experience. I built up my expectations so that I expected more, but I can't fault it for the way they had to make it and I do like it more than most games. I just don't think it's worth the price. Maybe if it were available at Scooby prices, maybe. Should the prices catastrophically drop in a year or so, and yes, I think they will drop a lot, kind of like GNR, I think I might reach out for the gold CE model to put next to my bar, just to shockingly bling it out.

Now, if I could only figure out how to give my GNR LE snappy flippers like on GF, I'd be very happy.

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only reason GnR prices are down is because JJP hasn't finished the game and it still has bugs and balance issues

That may be part of it, but I think sloppy flippers and unrelenting multiballs are also a part of it. I still own mine, but the spongy flippers and constant multiballs keep me from ever getting far enough to worry about bugs and balance issues. Otherwise, I agree that it's a magnificent game.

#2867 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The bigger problem with GnR on location is the fade is no joke, due in large part to the immediate and ongoing multiballs. On GnR, fade comes on hard and fast and really reduces potential enjoyment of the game on location. It's one of a handful of pins where I say it absolutely positively needs active cooling. No ambiguity - it HAS to have it.

I get your point and have your system on my Stranger Things where it makes a huge difference after a little while of playing. The problem with GNR is that my flippers are spongy from the very first flip of the very first game of the day, onward, even before a multiball kicks in (that whole 7 or 8 seconds of single ball play). Do you think the cooling system would help that out, even right from the start? If it will help from the start, it might be part of the solution. Since so many people have complained and I've felt the same flipper laziness in GNR at other venues, I never explored changing or cooling coils or anything like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 11,999.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.