Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its good to see CEs still available. Hoping flippers moved on to houses and cars now.

Flippers follow the money, and with these prices and production numbers, there ain't much money to be made! JJP's last 2 titles sell for nice discounts, so patient people will be rewarded, not the flippers...

#1461 1 year ago

With a cap of 5k units for the LE, it will be easy to get this game for 9-10k 1 year from now.

Given the meager design/engineering staff (when compared with Stern), the JJP business model is foobar. Cranking out so many of the same game without massive demand guarantees these games will not hold their value. Not a big deal, just more motivation to not buy NIB. A year later, the software will be more mature, any mechanical issues will be dialed-in. No FOMO here...the early adopters can knock themselves out!

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I love the hobby and to set the stage I never I purchase a pin with the hope to make $$. At best if I am blessed to break even I consider it a win. The way I look at it is for example if after playing GFCE for 4 months and I end up just not vibing it or as some have mentioned a new shiny pin comes to market, and I sell it for say 13k (or even 12k) I am still stoked as I got to lease a game for 4 months @500 per month(if sold at 13k). It's a win win, the buyer gets a solid deal and I recoup some of my cash while getting to have fun with a new pin ans seeing if it's a keeper. I know not everyone will agree with this outlook however I have spent 500 a month on shitter things in life

This is a great outlook! Being patient is also cool. No right/wrong. For me, it has little to do with money and everything to do with bumping one of my games. I've honed my collection over 20 years and it's really hard to let one of my favorites go!

To be honest, though, if every game I've ever purchased resulted in a 2-3k loss, it would eventually add up and hurt! It's easier to be cavalier when the wins & losses have been to our advantage for the past 20 years. For new, younger collectors that like buying all the new games, it might be a different story.

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I say all of this as a customer who has bought every JJP pin NIB and who is a big fan of the company.
It is hard to please everyone but there’s an insert for a main wizard mode on Pirates that is not implemented, the game was announced in 2018. There’s also been months and months of GNR customer code complaints, please see the owners thread, about code needing to be polished and it hasn’t come in nearly a year and a half. It’s come to the point for GNR owners where the solution to fix scoring balance issues is a list of 10 or so setting tweaks proposed by another owner…
The handling of a previous games code support directly impacts the next titles sales as potential customers will have concerns if the same thing will happen again with the latest release.

I sold my GNR because of the lack of love the code received...I was running Beta code the whole time. The only other JJP I've owned was DILE, and I was happy with the code polish.

Since you have voted with your wallet, you have every right to be critical. Considering the resource constraints @ JJP (with compared with Stern), I wouldn't expect things to change.

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I like how you slid in the Stern plug nice&sneaky

Plug? More like stating a fact, dude.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see some superficial similiarites, but it takes a long time to design a pinball machine. Steve Ritichie's been working on his JJP game for two years, if it has an upper playfield reminiscent of Foo Fighters are we gonna accuse him of a rip off?
With the time frame, I just don't see it. There's only so much you can do with a pinball machine layout and we are gonna see stuff like this often.
Data East had a nice 3 year window to steal the T2 layout for Lethal Weapon 3!!!
And on the other hand - who cares? Every pinball layout by every designer has elements reminiscent of an old design, just like every rock song borrows something from somebody else. It's just not important and to expect pitchforks about it is silly.

Yep. I remember being wildly critical of the TRON/Funhouse similarities back when TRON was introduced (before I played it).

Fast forward...I've had 3 TRON's over the years and it's still one of my favorite games to play.

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I think the only criticism is the theme integration. It doesn’t feel like the Godfather movies. The soundtrack, sound design and lighting all seem very JJP/WOZ/Wonka. I guess that’s just how JJP does all their games. The soundtrack feels Disney-ish and hopeful,care-free in its tonality often. It’s just a JJP slot-machine vibe thing I guess. Wouldn’t have been my choice vibe-wise.

For me, sound is a huge part of modern pinball and like you, it's not my vibe. Still very cool that Slash and Tremonti are featured (but I don't know how often their contributions are played). Eric is a big music enthusiast apparently...JJP needs to hire a sound guru that's onpar with the fellow doing the LCD graphics (which are pretty awesome).

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's happening, and that's why. There's more of "them" than "us." The market can't exist just on home sales, they need location play, and the caliber of casual these days is...less than optimal, and they NEED constant stimulation from video, light, and sound because social media has burned out their senses. I just put up ONE example video to prove I'm not making it up.

I helped open Neon Retro in Pasadena with a bunch of my games. When I saw how naive many people were, I lost my enthusiasm for putting my babies in a freeplay environment. In a freeplay environment, it's very common for people to just walk away when the game/ball doesn't excite them.

You make an assertion that "the market can't exist just on home sales". Really? Do you have data to back that up? Seems to me the home market is pretty darn healthy (and where a majority of the $$/units are going).

In any event, catering to people that can't find the buttons isn't a smart path.

#2739 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

FF is more premium than GF at a lower price. So what is JJPs niche now? Less for more?

I played a Wonka LE today and was stuck by the richness of the PF (when compared with GF). Big difference. Hey, grocery stores are giving us "less for more", so why not pinball? Sucks.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

A struggling economy will for sure hurt any recovery chances for GNR unfortunately. Too many made.

Most of the people buying 10k toys aren't effected by the economy. As you say, JJP just makes too many...it's that simple. "limiting" an LE to 5k units is silly. If LE's were capped at ~2250k and CE capped at ~750, these games would have an easier time holding their value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.