Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpadam450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1130 1 year ago

Will be my only post since this doesn't really offer much to the game or discussion, but I'm confused : Part of the cost of games is JJP's marketing department which has a marketing director. They still have placeholder text on website. The website only has 3 images of the game(?). I use ad block but tried multiple web-browers so I think there are really only 3 photos. Video trailer was so fast I didnt make out any specific feature unless I have to pause and watch in slow motion and guess the features. I'm a little confused right now they won't just show us the features via picture or video after already taking pre-orders. They never pre-uploaded to youtube and set a premiere which I think would have been a nice touch. It's a petty complaint but use the tools you have if you are paying someone 6-figures to direct sales. Can set it to a youtube live premiere and we can all hang out and wait. I don't have any issues with it, looks like it has some cool features I just didn't learn anything about the game via video or website on the launch day which is today.
 (resized).png (resized).png

#1705 1 year ago

I saw Keith commented on here about the leg armor being revolutionary. I think it looks fine but my actual question here, because I actually play pinball: How do you mount cup holders in the front?

#1786 1 year ago

"Didn't that go to court and the judgment was you can't protect a layout"

Electronic Arts and Zynga had a lawsuit about basically one-for-one copying almost all elements/layouts of UI etc for their Sims mobile phone game rip-off. Looks like the settled the case. Depends on how much of a direct copy. You can probably protect a unique layout under a design patent. Why Godzilla and this are being compared I'm not sure I understand.

"Sucks that it made its way over to pinball."
Good stuff gets copied and makes money. Good ideas should funnel to the top. If you want to retheme it and sell for a better price, that's good market competition.

#1904 1 year ago

"JJP, please. This is an intervention. You're addicted to rainbows, it's hurting you, and you need to seek help."

Well every game on the website lists how many LED's it has. This one has 450 on their sales bullet point list. I never understood random lighting either. In videogames/movies you have full-times job called lighting artist to place lights and color them to fit moods of the scenes. I played Hot Wheels for the first time last week and one mode the whole playfield went super dark red and flashy and I hated it and couldn't see much. Cactus Canyon is another one that goes into epilepsy mode and I can barely see a ball due to blinded flashing.

#2142 1 year ago

Somewhat off topic but there are 90 posts about the lights. Since I keep seeing the same repeated criticisms and JJP guy is possibly still in this thread. What is everyones thoughts on the camera that takes a photo of you for high score. I don't like it and even if they kept the price the same, I'd rather it be banished. Anyone else's thoughts on the low scoring? I usually see maybe 2 JJP's for 10-15+ Sterns out on locations. I think (especially for newer people, yes we have to get new customers drawn in), that the low scores compared to other games make you wonder what is a good score and it also bums you out as a new pinball player thinking you only got 100k score for the same time you played a Stern game and hit 5 Million.

Both my friend and I got into pinball the same time 4 years ago. He swapped one game out for a GNR and got rid of it within a month and said he'd never get a JJP game again. The one thing we recognized independently is the flippers just feel different. I haven't come across an explanation. If anyone knows what makes them feel different I'd be curious.

#2692 1 year ago

Played last night at a pinball arcade. Everyone has their own opinions so, whatever. I'm curious does anyone know what the purpose of this switch is? The ball rolls around the wireform into flipper lane and I don't see any reason it doesn't hit that switch 100.00% of the time. Is it just to track if the ball went off the wireform?

As I'm typing this I just realized you could just cradle and try to hit it back there, but I guess I didn't think about it since it wasn't something telegraphed to do at a specific time or anything, or at least none of us were noticing if there was any event based thing to try and flip it backwards in there.

switch (resized).pngswitch (resized).png
#2699 1 year ago

Have to try it more next time. Always hate having to study something for entertainment. I just want to drink a beer and smash a ball into a sex toy that gives me multi-ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,999.99
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpadam450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=dpadam450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.