Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern LE’s are $13k, JJP LE’s are $12k, Stern LE’s are $1k more. Those are the comparable models.
A Stern LE and JJP CE are two entirely different games with a JJP CE offering significantly more extras. JJP CE’s often include elaborate toppers, something like that for one isn’t included on Stern LE’s. A JJP CE is more comparable to a Stern SLE.
Regardless of the model and manufacturer prices are crazy.

You are so confused about JJP CE & Stern LE. They are the same tier offering, just labels, but CE is charging a great deal more for less. Stern SLE is way overpriced and not comparable to anything on the market period.

1 week later
#1314 1 year ago

Congratulations to Eric and Keith for a job well done! Also, Franchi knocked it out of the park as he usually does on the art package. If into this movie, this is the game, with lots of extras. Enjoyed the featurette done by SDTM explaining the board game approach. Game looks high end on the CE. Meticulous approach by Eric in design and detail.

#1326 1 year ago

29 ball paths via diverters, wow!

#1578 1 year ago

What do you guys think…should I buy this $500k watch to wear while playing Godfather?

69E8F0E4-9AC3-469D-9445-A4D209935F1A (resized).jpeg69E8F0E4-9AC3-469D-9445-A4D209935F1A (resized).jpeg
#2269 1 year ago

Watching gameplay and the sound feels off like it’s not attached to the game. Like I’m walking through downtown Disneyland, not Godfather. Carnival sounds, with slots and WW or WOZ music. Stream is well done by Karl as usual, but its not changed the rainbow bright vibe, instead of a real GF drama like it should be.

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They aren’t listening to the “pricing” complaints and people out for that reason

Yes, you are right, the pricing is keeping many away from this good looking game. Was really hoping this layout would be good however. Did anyone else notice during Karl’s stream that he was shooting brick after brick, with ball going SDTM instead of back to flippers? Did you also notice balls not making it up to the upper 1/3 PF and just dropping SDTM? Karl is a top player too, so it wasn’t him. There are a lot of tight shots, so maybe that has something to do with it. But the game sure looks stellar.

#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We are at the point where some buyers will get offended and upset at any criticism directed at the game. Hey kinda like how I got with Toy Story! Lol.

You’re sure right about that! No need for anyone to be offended here, as none of us have stock in JJP or earn money selling these machines for JJP.

If this game would have been under the license of the comic series Dick Tracy, it would have been better theme integration, imo. Comic book themed would allow all the rainbow bright style LED shows and WW style background music and sounds. But as the Godfather, hard to connect this game with its couple second showings of almost non related movie clips from the actual game play.

Wonder if people will grow tired of this approach, unless into complex board games with heavy MB influence along the way? As others keep stating it does look fun although.

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You really should just make a game of your own.It seems like you’ve got it all figured out from artwork to sound.I heard making a pinball machine is easy go ahead and give it your best shot.I promise not to be too critical critiquing your game.

Paid JJP gatekeeper, you never give up…

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, the grade school classic "don't criticize unless you can do it better".
I feel like I have a good grasp on what makes pinball atmosphere honestly, and plenty of experience being criticized. Which is why I never make it personal, and I've praised things I like, including the really good art and what looks like a very fun layout.
But nobody needs to have worked in pinball to have an opinion. All you seem to have contributed to this thread is bitching about people being mean to JJP. Every time you quote someone to complain you just amplify them, and literally no one is going to stop posting their thoughts because you berate them. You've got to realize that right?
To quote another post in this thread "Don’t you have anything better to do?"

No he doesn’t have anything better to do, except troll JJP threads to make sure his stock holdings don’t go down. The number one broken record in this forum. Can’t stand any critical thinking about anything JJP does. That’s what this forum is all about, critiquing artwork and designs.

#2581 1 year ago

Watching stream and even Eric is having very short ball times, with bricking shots that just fall SDTM. If a person likes tough shooting games with quick ball times, this could be the one.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Played this game for more than 4 hours. Thrilled to support #heliconbrewery and to tip my server well b/c remember fellas, if you’re in a position to think about buying a toy for 15k, you take care of the people serving you. And shout out to hupchallenge who told me he streams and the kid can play pinball.
OK here we go.
Let me just mention upfront the thing that impressed me the most by this game - the flipper feel. THANK GOD - JJP, you did it. I was told TS4 started it but after playing that game…..maybe? Wasn’t conclusive. This game - no doubt. Everyone who I played this game with mentioned the same. So JJP has finally addressed one of the biggest problems. I would love to retro fit this in my Wonka btw. But hey - most important problem fixed b/c they always pack the game more than stern and code is deep so nothing else to worry about right? Well maybe…….no.
Up front disclaimer: This is not for CE owners who are reading this and just getting triggered to defend the choice they made. This is not meant for the iceman44’s of the world also. You know - the ones who don’t care about cost, they just want the game. But I will also say that I have 15k ready to go and if I were to spend it today, I’m ready. I only mention that b/c I can easily spend this money if worth it. I also LOVE godfather. I’m not some guy living in the Midwest who has heard about GF b/c of the internet or thinks Olive Garden is good Italian. I know this movie. I love this movie.
This game is not Godfather - after 4 hrs, it’s not even close. And for Eric to say everything from GF that was significant was injected into this game is an absolute lie. Just like when those two from Flippin N Out (or sorry, SDTM!) say that shots are the new toys, they are being dishonest. But more on those dreamboats later.
So positives:
- Flippers - thank you JJP. Feel Great. Much closer to stern and kill my wonka’s.
- Shots - 29 paths so what is there not to like? Actually……well, more on that later but this is really about the initial layout. I love the godzilla bumper and the shots in general as they do feel fresh. Although there is a major SDTM shot….
- the assets from the GF, as limited as they are, are implemented well. More on this later.
- build quality…..good. I was playing with a Scooby next to me and although I think spooky is making progress, JJPs stand out. Nice touch with the translite lights around the entire thing. RIP lermods mod for this. You taught them well!
- Challenge - this game is hard. SDTM shot unless you hold that left flipper top up - which is annoying. But it’s hard and I don’t mind that. I rather a shorter player than long.
- Interrogation video clip is awesome. Same with game over, Match and extra ball.
“Areas of focus”
Major takeaway…….and I felt the same on stream. THIS IS NOT GODFATHER. I can’t make this anymore clear. Shame on JJP for taking the licensor for a ride and shame on Erik for saying all the key scenes are in this game. It’s not even close. I literally counted…….prob less than 1 min of video in total and we made it fairly far in the game. If you want to double that sure - but then you would be crazy and it still would be 2 min. What is going on Keith and Eric? I know Merrily doesn’t want Fredo but did she always say 7 second transition clips at most?
NO TOYS.
This is the most Barron JJP yet. I thought I was losing my mind after playing this for almost 4 hours. How could this feel EVEN LESS than Toy Story 4? No, it couldn’t be. First impression when I came up to the game was wow, this is the most barren game from JJP ever. And I’m not a newb. I’m someone who knows wtf is going on in this hobby. My WOZ and other games speak for that. I know what is packed. So I went over to TS4 and I was pissed. I HATE TS4 but GD - that game has more in it than GF. Proof? Jump ramp, spinning circle, toy that pops up. Garbage right for 15k CE? Well GF? A toy that spins. NOT interactive, doesn’t do anything besides look terrible in a GF game b/c it’s cartoonish and is SO out of place. Like comical b/c the rest of package has nothing in line with this sculp. But wait - you have that GF sculp right? Well it does NOTHING. Literally nothing.
And guys - diverter? Here’s my feedback on this after playing. Sure it might put the ball in 29 diff places but what’s important is what am I shooting? NOT what is coming back at me b/c that isn’t tactical. Half the time I couldn’t see where the ball was coming from but most importantly, it wasn’t better b/c of it. It certainly wasn’t a toy. Special plug to my friends at SDTM. After playing this game, I want to call out what a JOKE those two have become now that they distribute. Greg and Zach - you have my cell, you texted me earlier asking to understand more. I responded - let’s do it live for pinside! Constructive as always ; )
Call Outs - I’ll sew you up!
Look, if you think these are great call outs, then you need to check into a mental institution b/c you’re crazy and have terrible taste. yes - I’ll just say it. These call outs are borderline offensive to an Italian American like myself. It’s like they found some guys in Indiana to run through some terrible dialogue while they’re eating their dominos in the most over the top dialogue you have ever heard. Of 10 lines you’ll hear, 2 are OK, 4 are terrible and 4 are so bad, you think about turning them off. Or you’re deaf.
MBs.
Oh Keith - why? Why when I play do I feel like I’m getting MBs for no reason? Had the same feeling with pirates and now with GF, mbs start for who knows why. And then when one starts another. And then your score increases 10x which leads me to feel like the only way to score big is MB and I hate that. Keith - remember Addams family - you hit that chair to start MB. How did that feel? Did the sound and light package also spice up what was something you deserved and the light show really gave you something like you never saw again in the game? That’s what MB is. Keith. Listen. Please.
Code:
Godfather of the Caribbean. Damn. Worst part about POTC (and that game is amazing) - the code. MBs feel generic. Same opening screens. No tie in to the movies (with clips, mode shots, etc) and just feel out of place. But good news - they overlap!!! Sweet!
Light Show:
Keep this short. It’s not as bad as the first clip we all saw but it’s bad. Over the top, movie setting killer. See my pics. JJP - how does no one raise their hand and say this is just not the godfather when you all sit around eating dinner…….at Olive Garden?
Conclusion:
I can spend 15k tomorrow and have this game. No worries….and the same for may here. Some of these folks are reading this right now, nodding their heads while others reading this, never posted before and never will are also agreeing. Listen - you deserve BETTER. Stop giving these companies money for a product that is worse than before. Especially when that product was twice less. This is not opinion. Anyone that says GF is worth 15k is lying to themselves. You and I both know that. I’m not going to reiterate my thoughts here b/c up above - you how I feel. Many positives but much more negatives. But PLEASE try the game yourself and report back.
On a side note - I played Scooby as well. Spooky is def beginning to build a nicer product. Halloween imo was gorgeous but Scooby as a wide, if you like the theme - gorgeous. Gamplay? Incredibly boring. They said let’s go back to normal b/c we were too hard before. Well, they went WAY too much to the easy side. Game is super easy but the worst part is the upper. SUPER slow. So I don’t know. It’s 10k and it looks gorgeous. Gameplay not good but clips and sounds that are MUCH better implemented. You can’t go AS wrong with this one but still - if you don’t need it now, wait a year and save 1k+

Well thought out explanation and pretty much confirms what we’ve now seen from Karl’s and JJP’s SDTM stream shown tonight. Originally thought SDTM gave us some good information in their JJP interview sizzle reel. But now we know it’s just another “SDTM Spindoctored Shillers Side Show” video from Zack and Greg posing as SDTM/distro/sycophants of JJP. But hey it makes for a fun Looney Tunes Bugsy style ride of a pinball game.

#2608 1 year ago

Well thank my buddy Doug from one Texan to another.

Calling names too Doug? Drinking again??? We all know showing games in this forum is not good, unless you want to show off how much money you’ve spent Doug?

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You think DTS? You saw what you saw.
This guy is part of group #1

Doug, none of us are listening to your inane labeling or putting fellow pinsiders into your group mocking scenarios. Come on, discuss the pros and cons like the rest of us do with some modicum of decorum. It’s fine you love GF and others don’t.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not advocating for JJP over Stern (or CGC, or AP, etc). I'm merely trying to keep the feature comparisons to the same levels.
GnR still does it for me because I have limited time to play for fun and I can walk up and have a great 30 minutes listening to music I like with fantastic light shows and OCCASIONALLY get a great jackpot I actually collect. It's enough for me. Literally every other pin has gone and GnR still stands.
The only reason GnR prices are down is because JJP hasn't finished the game and it still has bugs and balance issues. When the new code finally, eventually shows up, I expect that will correct itself. jjPotC have been going for 2x their initial price, so pointing to GnR as a "JJP lose value" is not really accurate. Some lose, some gain, some stay about the same. They hold their value way better than, say, Spooky by far.
I've brought in every cornerstone Stern for the past 8 years (and one SLE) except the 60th cash grab, and every JJP ever, so there's no purchase bias here.

Will GNR prices ever stabilize with such large numbers of games made over a 2 year period? There are still a ton for sale from distros and HUO market is flooded with owners trying to sell. Don’t think software updates will make a difference. Won’t GFs eventually be in the same danger zone? That’s the problem with producing only one game every 2 years; over saturated market forces cause 2nd hand prices to always go downward.

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR as a game is undeniably beautiful. If the software is made even more fun and completed, that makes the machine more desirable to own. There were 4-5x as many Addams made and here 25+ years later, it sells for around the same price as a GnR in good condition. There are ups and downs, but quality retains its value. GnR will be fine. But the mentality that you will come out even on a pin or make money after owning it for a few years needs to be adjusted back to pre-pandemic reality. That is going away as we normalize again.

Adams family is a total anomaly unlike anything from the time, because it was one of the only offerings of the age that offered an actual popular IP that drew people into the arcades to play the game. It now has legendary status because of nostalgia, but if remade, current pricing would drop big time on old models. The small numbers for sale maintain higher prices, as owners keep them or old copies no longer work or worn out and taken out of the market.

GNR has large numbers for sale on the second hand market and does not have legendary status because of various issues unrelated to software. Normalization most likely will not come for it, as you would like to think, beautiful or not. Way over produced in relation to other JJP offerings. Everyone in the market place that has ever wanted one, already purchased. Reputation has not been kind and therefore will cause downward pressure on pricing as demonstrated in the market place. GF will have this same problem, unless JJP introduces another offering this year to help balance sales and production numbers. A struggling economy will for sure hurt any recovery chances for GNR unfortunately. Too many made.

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would be furious as well , if I had a Playfield issue and it was dismissed .
I have read on pinside and heard on podcasts , countless times people being screwed by Stern
To suggest jjp is only company that can give poor service is such hypocritical bullshit .
Ask Jeff Teolis about his pop-up spinner On Led Zeppelin , Martin Robbins about his brand new scuffed Playfield on Jurassic Park , Travis Murie said he would never buy a Stern LE again after his experiences , the guy from flipping and mashin about his Turtles , don't get Pin Monk started about his Batman SLE experience .
All these people have publicly stated how they have had a unsatisfactorily experience from Stern , I'm not saying jjp is perfect , I just hope they can all do better .
And 9 million versions of the Woz and Hobbit lol , how many variations of ACDC and Metallica are out there .
At the end of the day we all expect / want good customer service , hopefully these companies step up to the plate .

Oh great defender of all things JJP, you sure have it out for Stern and constantly trying to pull them down to the same level as JJP. Sorry JJP poor quality issues have stung most of us over the years, far greater than Stern has ever done. My experience is Stern always takes care of most any issue, albeit takes them some time, but JJP has left me in every instance to my own remedies. JJP poor quality problems have been large and many, not just a minor few like Stern. For the record, not happy with exorbitant pricing from either company, but JJP takes the cake on that one.

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

To be fair, JJP quality issues have never stung you as you don’t own any games. You are a location player. So for you to make comments like you are a potential buyer makes no sense. You dont own any games. Nothing wrong with that. But let’s be real

LOL, just because I don’t list them any longer is not a reason to make incorrect assumptions. Definitely not a location player, that’s a ridiculous assumption, just because I choose not to list my games for an irrelevant perusal for others to take shots at. Stopped showing that years ago.

#2879 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Are you the guy who got caught posting up like non American games as your own? Changed the photo then by cropping it out. I have a couple games and if it was not you my apologies in advance for calling you out or attempting too.

Know nothing about this, nor what you’re talking about.

You sir, your false attempted attack, is precisely why I don’t post my collection here and never will. Personal game lists are not relevant to any discussion and frankly none of your business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.