Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rizmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#798 1 year ago

JJP will pull a Toy Story and only use Godfather part 3

#1155 1 year ago

Different strokes for different folks. Does not look like a fun theme to me but then

Quoted from reffob:

This is the same problem I have with Toy Story 4. I love both of these franchises, I enjoy playing Toy Story but to me it feels like a carnival game with Toy Story images. For some reason I did not expect that approach with Godfather but it seems like they went that direction. Especially with that Tommy Gun dude in the back. Feels cartoony mafia. At least Toy Story IS a cartoon.
Eric is a great designer, I have no doubt the game will be fun, I was just hoping to be pulled into the Godfather world through pinball. Maybe that will still happen but so far I don't quite see it.

I agree. I think this was a theme of Godfather will pull in the superfans but not the average joe. Most people get a look of shock when I tell them how much an entry level pinball machine is now. I hope this sells well for JJP that they can continue to put out more. I will have to pass on this but I am excited for everyone that loves this theme.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Alby87:

As a Sicilian, I recognize that the movies are great work of art, but I really don't like the quick association between Mafia and Sicily than these movie helped make. I blush in shame when I see a lot of souvenirs with the godfather logo or Marlon Brando image sold in wonderful location like Taormina, Catania, Mount Etna or Eolian Islands. I spent a lot of summer holidays near the town of Savoca, known for scenes from the Godfather 2, and I recognize it in the "Multipalla Siciliana". I also recognize a Sicilian map with the province division, that have Palermo, Messina and Catania with numbers on it. I don't know how those will be used in the rules, I'm interested.
I really hope that after 50 years, it is possible to have a faithful representation of my land, both of the movie and the real thing. Something that doesn't scare people about it (I've really talked to a guy that was afraid of Sicily thinking they can be easily killed in a plain day Mafia gunfight in a center of a city. This is REALLY thinking like I'm afraid to go to USA because there could be some natives that would like to get my scalp. Just to say).

When I think of a Sicilian I think of Vizzini from "The Princess Pride". I don't think of The Godfather. Though I really have not watched those movies that much.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Nice to see a game shipping with code! Stern should be embarrassed shipping Bond unplayable and to this day it's still a steaming turd.
Godfather looks fun!

I think Bond did not do as well because the IP holders were a pain to work with. Hearing Gomez talk about what they had to do to just get that Aston Martin in sounded like a nightmare. Hopefully they learn and refuse to work with IP holders who are difficult. Hopefully JJP does well with this pin. It does look nice but to me the theme doesnt speak to me on any level. It does look very nice and I hope it sells well

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]

Gameroom goodies. Bought my pin from them. Didnt charge a fee. Also I did get some cashback for using my card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rizmo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Rizmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.