Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey we never knowm, this could be like when GB came out and the peeps that loved GB2 Secret of the Ooze all slithered out of the darkness.

Do you mean TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze?

#1264 1 year ago

Game looks cool. Hopefully the machine gun guys aren’t run by servos. I’m tired of replacing those on my GNR.

So far I think it looks better than FF and Scooby. Can’t wait to see the gameplay and how the playfield holds up after the first few months. After GNR I will not buy a JJP until it’s been out for a while

#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

By that definition any mech or toy that changes the balls path is a diverter. There’s nothing like the jump ramp mech / toy from TS in Godfather. It comes out of the playfield and the ball flys across the playfield, that’s a lot different, and much more complex, than diverting a ball to a different lane on a flat surface.

The jump ramp is a diverter. Please stop with the constant indirect and direct defending of TS. Nobody cares that you love the game. We are happy for you. Stop pushing it in our face

#1963 1 year ago

Last thing I wanted to see in that video was stacking two multi balls….

#2278 1 year ago

Great stream. Karl makes it look so easy. I didn’t mind the sound and callouts as much as others. It started to grow on me. Some modes look fun. I had a hard time following what was going on to be honest.

My biggest complaint is that like GNR, the multiballs are plentiful. Do we really need to stack 4 of them? Some of the best games in recent history have two main multiballs that you can stack. The others are achievable as you progress deeper. The MBs in GF seem like you can start any one at any time, including one right away off the plunge (?). And I wish having a 6 ball multiball was saved for a wizard mode. End of rant on that.

Otherwise the game looks to be the best JJP has put out so far. I’m sure I’ll own it once I’m done with GNR

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eskaybee's recommendations for game settings dramatically change that and goes a long way towards evening out the game. I have no idea why people that still have the jjGnR machine (not you, you sold it, but others) would rather complain that just TRY them.
Score balance and unfinished code are valid remaining complaints, but too much multiball can be fixed by owners right now in about 5 minutes or less.

Eskaybee’s setting changes are definitely an enhancement but we shouldn’t have to polish code for Keefer. He knows the criticisms of GNR and it would be a shame to duplicate that with GF. His default code is what he thinks ,in his mind, is the best.

When I carve out an hour to play GNR on default code, I know that I will see about 95% of what the game has to offer. Maybe I won’t get the wizard mode or Tour MB, but I will see everything else. I know without a doubt I will be in multiple multiballs every single game, stacking them together by chance, not skill, and having every shot lit for jackpots

I hope this isn’t the case with GF. I think the gameplay looks great for the most part but I had to cringe when I saw a MB start right off the skill shot and how simple it was to get 3 or 4 MBs going at once.

Maybe it was just because Karl is so good and us mere mortals will have a totally different experience. Fingers crossed!

That said….somebody buy my WOZ so I can order an LE!

#2571 1 year ago

Watching the stream. I asked twice how each MB is started. Ignored both times. Maybe it’s because I am critical that every game they play has at least two MBs started.

But honest question. Does anyone know how to start them? Is it just a couple of switch hits to qualify?

#2575 1 year ago

Wow Scorbit is being taken out of all games

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I read that one MB is stared from a skill shot. I guess I’m sadistic but I like to work for a Multiball like TWD or heck Diald In! Has one MB that you need to complete four separate qualifications I hardly ever see this but it’s something of an event not just from a few switch hits.

Looks like maybe two can be started from skill shot. Sicily and compound

#2579 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Where did you hear that? That's interesting because I've found scorbit to be a bit amateur in it's implementation.

Just announced on the stream. Sounds like the situation isn’t good between the two companies. They didn’t want to go too much into it

#2637 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Out of all games moving forward? Or are they gonna brick older JJPs as well? JJP never updates their code so not sure how this will work.

I’d have to rewatch the stream, but I’m pretty sure they said Scorbit will either be removed from existing games or it will no longer be compatible, if that’s even possible. That’s funny thought, it would require an update lol

#2638 1 year ago

What I’m hearing matches up to what I’m seeing.

“Keefer Multiball Johnson” coded so many good games and then just fell into this stacking random generic multiball trap the last couple games. It really ruins the experience. Who the hell wants to be in constant multiball. Let alone a 6 ball MB when you’ve only been playing 5 minutes.

I’m out on a NIB until I play it. Luckily Automated has one in their showroom so I’ll go check it out. Anyone want to make a trip?

Last thing. Throw some Precision Flippers on your JJP games, it is a night and day difference for the better. Put them on all your games.

#2768 1 year ago

Comment deleted. I just read the Scorbit announcement

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from DerekS:

My GNRCE had the worst blistering of any pin.
Wonka CE has a small amount but I've got a backup playfield/plastics/mylars. It's manageable.
My Lebowski has it too, one post so far which I did the iron/mylar fix on.
I am growing very tired of Mirco playfields.

Why the new account Zaphx? I’m surprised you got rid of you GNR. You two were inseparable

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from DerekS:

I needed break from some of the toxic people on the forum, so I disabled my account.
As it turns out, if you shut down your Pinside account 3x it gets banned, (I thought I'd only done it twice, oops.)
Also frankly I was down on pinball in general after the weak 2022 offerings at sky-high prices. It's past the "worth it" point to me now.
I don't expect to participate in the forums as much as I used to, for my own sanity.
My main reason for wanting to get back on is to have a venue to sell games.
GNR is a spectacular game but after 4000+ plays we'd had our fill. No hate, it's the best band pin ever made hands down.
I'm not a big fan of the band and was tired of the songs so I made an even trade deal for Lebowski, which is a dream theme.
Godfather is a theme I definitely didn't want and don't care about, but I like what I see in the code depth and I've never been disappointed by an Eric Muenier game.

I’ve been stalking TBL. Looks like a fun game and I love the theme.

I was ready to buy GF but now I think I will pass. The first 5 minutes of Karl’s stream told me everything I did not want to see

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Oh great defender of all things JJP, you sure have it out for Stern and constantly trying to pull them down to the same level as JJP. Sorry JJP poor quality issues have stung most of us over the years, far greater than Stern has ever done. My experience is Stern has always taken care of most any issue, albeit takes them some time, but JJP has left me every time to my own remedies. JJP problems have been large and many, not just a minor few like Stern.

To be fair, JJP quality issues have never stung you as you don’t own any games. You are a location player. So for you to make comments like you are a potential buyer makes no sense. You dont own any games. Nothing wrong with that. But let’s be real

#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

LOL, just because I don’t list them any longer is not a reason to make incorrect assumptions. Definitely not a location player, that’s a ridiculous assumption, just because I choose not to list my games for an irrelevant perusal for others to take shots at. Stopped showing that years ago.

Then I stand corrected with my sincerest apologies for the assumption

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,999.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.