Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#837 1 year ago

I enjoyed the Soprano's machine back in the day, but it feels dated now. Godfather seems like one of those dated themes also, but it's all about the gameplay and code.. and hopefully it impresses me like a pinball machine in 2023 should (and not some skimpy machine) but not just 2000 flashing lights either.

Sopranos-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpgSopranos-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
#905 1 year ago

Is anyone actually able to log in?

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

username: admin
password:123456

That's the first thing I tried

Actually, second. First was my JJP login and PW

#1083 1 year ago

I love it! Looks super fun and I love the theme!

#1099 1 year ago

Is there any pics of the CE "RGB Lighted Statue of Liberty" vs. the non-lit LE version?

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.42.17 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.42.17 PM (resized).png

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

And when is the POTC CODE GOING TO BE FINISHED????????????????

Why would they, several here have proclaimed it to be the best game ever (as it sits)…

#1450 1 year ago

So I wonder if the knocker is tied into the gangster with the Tommy gun on the playfield? Would be very short sighted to think of adding it to just the topper and not the game itself…

#2017 1 year ago

Lots missing here, Eric mentions that Slash played "Speak Softly, Love", as well as Tremonti and Sinatras band being involved with the music (including a full orchestra that they hired).

Eric also mentions that they acquired licensing for Brando and most of the Godfather assets in the featurette.

We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg here..

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because it doesn't matter if you're spending $400 on a PlayStation instead of an Xbox, or $15,000 on a Godfather instead of a Foo Fighters, people get emotional and defensive and insecure about justifying their purchases.
There is zero difference between watching 12 years olds argue about their console of choice and 52 year olds argue about their favorite pinball brands.

Spot on!

#2757 1 year ago

I played an LE on location at Reboot Dunedin (FL) today, and really enjoyed it!! Wish I would have brought my headphones so I could hear it better as I think that makes a difference in overall enjoyment of a game (and one of the reasons I hate on-location sometimes). But I could hear things sometimes.

Stepping up to it at first I was blown away after seeing all the pics and gameplay videos.. I feel the game presents better in person than it does in pictures/videos. It certainly looks and feels more premium than Sterns, gameplay and code aside (my opinion ). I loved the gameplay and flow, was super satisfying to play in person no doubt. I own a GNR, and the multiballs are NOT as prevalent in Godfather.. sure you still get them, but to me it's not the same as the (relatively speaking) constant surprise multiballs of GNR.

The multi-pluge skill shots may be one of the best plunges in recent times.. the second skill shot is the toughest and very satisfying to me.

The diverters really keep you on your toes, it was hard to tell where the ball was going to pop out next because it's constantly changing.. I found that engaging. The full plunge that brings the ball around to the third flipper and any balls traveling that specific path (past the third flipper and down) led to 90% SDTM drains which was beyond frustrating. If you didn't pay close attention during multiballs the balls would launch straight around and right down the middle between the flippers, so holding the right flipper and/or keeping an eye on it was prudent. On top of that, with the changing diverters you never knew if it was going to be coming back down that path (to the SDTM) or somewhere else. Overall it wasn't a big issue, but I would hope to fix this on my machine via leveling or other means.

I found the compound lock to be a tougher shot to hit, but once in my collection or with some practice I think it will be a satisfying and easier shot to hit. Speaking of the compound lock, we did have several hangups in the compound lock and had to get a tech to bend the front target back so the balls would release... hopefully this doesn't become a problem for on-location machines (see video). I also thought the third flipper was underpowered in the games I played, but that will be an easy fix in the menu.

I have an LE on order and am happy with my decision so far. I think the code is deep enough for a new release machine and it will be fun to work my way through it.

Here's the video of the compound ball failure..

#3115 1 year ago

Why do so many people think this is a GF vs. Foo thread? I want both. Both are great! I got my GF because JJP isn’t making me wait months!! And I hate waiting…

#3125 1 year ago

Mine has arrived at my home. Absolutely loving it! Now that I can hear everything clearly (unlike when I was playing it on location) I like it even more. Just a super fun shooter and game. No doubt has a solid, quality jjp feel. I love my Sterns, but this feels like a step above.

Just unboxing a JJP makes you appreciate that they haven’t compromised on shaving a buck on things- everything from a standard latch lockdown bar, head latch/lock, and not having to stretch down the machine to power it on (proper power button positioning). Man I miss the “small things” that Stern did away with.

Can’t wait to explore the code tonight and over the weekend!!

F745A13F-C350-4F20-BAA4-623CBD9235ED (resized).jpegF745A13F-C350-4F20-BAA4-623CBD9235ED (resized).jpeg
#3134 1 year ago

The biggest suggestion I have for anyone attending TPF that wants to give the Godfather a good try-out is BRING YOUR HEADPHONES. All of the LE's and CE's will have headphone plugs you can plug in to. I do believe you can do bluetooth also if you have AirPods, although I have never used the bluetooth option for that.

#3318 1 year ago

For those getting SDTM shots, check your leveling and pitch. I played an LE on location and it was SDTM like crazy!! Almost unplayable. When I got my LE at home, I made sure to level it off and set the pitch to the recommended setting (tip of the bubble on the second line) and I do NOT get the SDTM coming out of the 3rd flipper lane like I did on location.

This is definitely going to be one of those games that requires a proper setup to avoid this IMO...

IMG_0461 (resized).jpegIMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Khabbi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.