Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not saying it’s not fun or a bad game, just not priced right and had the “Pat cost cutting” effect.
Don’t believe that model is gonna work well

It's gonna work well for someone but not Jersey Jack. At one time half of my collection was Jersey Jack, now there isn't a single one and not because I don't want to have one, but I couldn't justify any of the latest ones from a price to entertainment ratio.

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is pinside. You could post that water is wet and set off an avalanche of dissenting opinions.
The art is great. It's just set in a style you aren't fond of. And that's ok. Your opinion is just fine.

I just had to search the internet on the water is wet comment and low and behold found this. We could argue this to death but I love the first line: "“I think the debate is asinine. No one should be talking about it. People who are have too much time on their hands.” That can be applied to so many things here on pinside.
https://trinityecho.com/20121/columns/the-real-answer-to-a-major-mystery-is-water-wet/

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:Thats in 2 weeks! YAY

You must be in sales!

In my line of work, R&D, we always joke that when a sales person hears Q2, they hear April 1. However, when a developer hears Q2, they hear June 30th. So, anywhere from 2 weeks to about 14 weeks.

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

It’s going to impress many people by the gameplay and shots and bum out many people bc of the tone/sounds/lighting choices. I loved it.

Thanks for the feedback, love hearing real world opinions. I guess the good thing in the quoted statement is that the tone/sound/lighting COULD be addressed *IF* JJP decides it wants to. Bad shots or geometry can't be fixed. Hopefully they take some feedback and find a balance between too colorful and too drab. We have heard concerns about both of those scenarios.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

JJP needs to hire a sound guru that's onpar with the fellow doing the LCD graphics (which are pretty awesome).

Uh oh, SLAMT1LT's ears are probably ringing right now...

#2240 1 year ago

Already started. I just went to iepinball on twitch app.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

SOME CLARIFICATION ON THE GODFATHER ART:
I have been very busy lately and probably should have clarified this sooner, but I had not heard to chatter about the Godfather art, and for that matter, me being given credit for something I did not do.
Due to circumstances, I was brought into the project after the playfield had already been in progress. Jesper Abels from Netherlands, an understudy of Jean-Paul DeWin is responsible for the playfield art. He ended up getting into the skin of my style of portrait art, but it's all him with the exception of the Al Pacino illustration on the LE drain area. He did a FANTASTIC job and deserves full credit.
I am responsible for the cabinet sides, cabinet fronts, backbox sides,backglasses for both editions, and the art blades and backboard on the Collectors Edition.
I also had nothing to do with the sculptures in the playfield, as well as the art deco sculptures on the lock-down and legs. That was Eric's brainchild and I don't know who sculpted them. Eric also designed the CE armor.
I'm very proud of my work on this project, as well as having to opportunity to work with Eric, JP and Jesper, who's talents are all astronomical.
I hope this clears things up, and gives credit where credit is due... and I hope you enjoy the game. There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into it for over a year, simply with the goal of thrilling you with exciting pinball play and visuals.
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi
[quoted image]

Nothing that I respect more than someone who comes across humble and gives credit where credit is due. The team did a fabulous job.

1 month later
#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you only ranking Stern?

He's ranking the Elwin designed games which are all Stern. (Disregarding the Archer prototype which was the basis for Iron Maiden)

EDIT: Looks like your realized that and edited your post.

2 weeks later
#4135 11 months ago

Put your game on a smart plug for on and off. Don’t all models of godfather have volume control on the front? Or is that only for headphones?

1 week later
#4180 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Np. We are impatiently awaiting our C.Es.

Speaking of CEs. How long does it take JJP to knock out 500 to 1000 LEs so they can move on to CEs? I know stern knocks out 1000 LEs in a couple weeks. JJP has been building these for almost 2 months already since they had games ready to ship on day one.

Not necessarily complaining but more curious.

#4214 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

When did your distributor say you were getting your CE?

All I was told was “Spring”. Probably because that is what JJP has been saying. Have to be getting close.

1 week later
#4372 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

How are we still enjoying the game Karl? How do you find the potential of having 100x multiplier on the table? When are you going to stream this again?

On his streams of other games, he states that he still really loves the game but isn't streaming until JJP fixes the issues. Nothing worse than getting deep into the game to have it crash routinely.

1 week later
#4469 11 months ago

I have a CE on order and am anxiously awaiting it. However, I am a bit worried about the code support. Godfather has a few well known crashes in the code (see Karl’s streams). It has been two months since the last code drop.

I don’t expect nearly as many code updates as Godfather ships with mostly complete code unlike my Stern NIBs. However, when there are bugs that crash the entire machine, I would expect a quicker turnaround.

#4480 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides pirates not having the final wizard mode , I don't really buy into the lack of code updates arguement .
Godfather has released with complete code and Foo Fighters is apparently missing a couple of modes , are people going to say "look Stern does updates" , when they finally add those modes .
They've done a few beta code updates on GNR and you can download them if you want and I'm sure they will sort out the bug fixes on the Godfather .

I agree completely that JJP games typically don't need as many updates as they release with complete or near complete code. I have a Godfather CE on order however, it is a bit concering that there are several game crashing bugs (see Karl's streams) which have not yet been fixed. It has been 2 months since the last code update and I would have hoped that bugs that severe would have been addressed in a more timely manner. Hopefully there will be an update along with the shipment of the first CEs.

#4496 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ut oh....PLEASE...hoping they've sourced locking connectors or solid strain relief for those......

I don't think they do. A few owners of the LEs received their machines and the "LilyPad" boards were displaying an error. The solution was to reseat those connections.

Here is an example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/86#post-7571285

#4539 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The argument that "CE people want the bugs worked out" does not hold water for me. I've never had a CE that didn't require some tweaking.
For people who do want to wait for the games to be fully cooked, how about a small "early adopter" run and the rest of the CEs later?

After waiting all this time, I sure hope they release a code update soon to address some pretty serious bugs that have been identified. It has been over two months since some of those have been reported and can be seen in video.

2 weeks later
#4687 10 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Just got E-Mail from my distro that JJP told them due to production shortages delivery is at least 4 weeks later ie not before August

Interesting because we have seen a lot of international CEs on the line and I just got invoiced for my CE balance on a domestic unit.

#4705 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

As soon as it gets here that is the plan.
Haven't heard the "when" yet.
LTG : )

I got my final invoice from Cointaker and paid it. However, no luck over the last 3 days in getting a response to my email asking for clarity on delivery timeframe. I guess I will give it another day and give them a call. It is what it is but it would be nice to get a response after dumping the rest of the money.

#4707 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I wonder if the distributors are collecting now in anticipation of JJP asking them to pay... so they don't have to cover the costs up front. It is a sign of movement either way I guess.

I think so. Melissa at cointaker responded this afternoon and they should be getting info on delivery timeframes on Monday.

#4724 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any news ?
LTG : )

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4726 10 months ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I believe that's a grasshopper, not a cricket..

Probably true but the image was being sold as “cricket on white background”. Anyway, fixed it.

#4734 10 months ago

The update that I got is that JJP finished the exports and are now working on the US games. I was told within the next two weeks, most likely.

#4777 10 months ago

I can deal with the wait to get the CE - it does allow for some time to work out any production issues (which it doesn't seem there were many with this machine). The ONLY thing that makes me a bit nervious is that it has been 3 months since the last code release and there are some game crashing bugs in the code. I was hoping that by the time CEs shipped and I got my machine, these would be resolved without having to install a beta. Nope, I am not bashing and I don't think JJP requires as many updates as Stern since it ships with mostly complete code. However, I would like to see quicker turnaround to issues.

With all that said, I am very much looking forward to receiving my CE in the next week or so (or so I am told).

#4779 10 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Direct or distributor?
I think the excitement will build again once I get the call. I’m anxious to see it in person. Been trying to avoid too much time watching it on streams and etc so I can experience it all first hand.

Distributor - Cointaker. Paid full invoice last week.

2 weeks later
#4843 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Stern drops a Foo Fighters code last night, today they announced Venom and we get this?
ugh

To be fair, the FF code drop last night was pretty lame. Just a few bug fixes that I didn't even want to spend the time to update mine. There really hasn't been a significant update to FF with new modes for a bit. I am waiting because I have been through the whole game and what it offers. Need that final wizard mode and whatever else may be coming.

#4865 9 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Ive been told my CE ships Monday

Interesting, I paid in full a few weeks back and when I inquired today, I was told that all that is known is that mine (and the distributors other orders) will ship between July 14th and August 4th. I believe we have the same distributor.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

2 weeks later
#5031 8 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I just couldn't even imagine a GF CE in a public setting. This is exotic furniture

They had a Godfather CE at SFGE yesterday which I got to play. They also had 3 LEs.

I only played the CE once because it was set up with the tilt so sensitive that simple nudging triggered warnings. What has me a bit concerned, is that there was only one LE that I would play. It was set up perfectly, everything worked and there were ZERO cheap drains. One of the other CEs had a non-working lockdown bar button - that makes that machine essentially worthless. The other LE had the lift ramp flapping up and down uncontrollably. I recall someone else on here having this problem but I can't recall what the resolution was.

I am told my CE ships next week, hoping I get one like the LE I played. It played beautifully. The others.... no so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 11,999.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.