Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#381 1 year ago

A theme I wouldn't have to throw a blanket over due to embarrassment when having a girl over.

#754 1 year ago

I see a Vito's head sculpt/mech in the upper left of the playfield in the side rail photo. I like that it's not overly big like Homer's head in Pinball Party.

#1069 1 year ago

Pick your poison. You can buy The Godfather or The Gaudfather.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Is there something that lists the extra's on the CE? Can't seem to find
Any game play difference between the 2?

It's all the things towards the top in the features. They did cram enough cosmetic stuff in the CE to differentiate it a lot from an LE.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1499 1 year ago

There won't be CEs available second hand. They'll all be used as house decor pieces. Without the TS4 topper, i cant even tell the difference between the LE and CE for that machine.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

CEs now sold out on JJP's site.

Probably a more genuine sell out this time around. People went in after being more critical beforehand.

#2161 1 year ago

Any image of the underside of the playfield of a delivered game?

#2390 1 year ago

Lion leg sculptures are metal? So glad they're plated rather than gold colored powder coat.

#2740 1 year ago

The last JJP game I owned was a Wonka. I remember reading literally verbatim the same "problems" with it when it first came out as I am in this thread. I remember the BOM acronym. Lack of toys. Too colorful. Cost cutting. Slot machine. Ugly callouts. I guess every new JJP release thread is like this. I miss my Wonka now BTW. Seems the only way to get a real verdict on a machine is the moment they stop making the machine. I'm thinking the CEs selling out on Jersey Jack's website this time around was more genuine as people sat back for a minute to look over the entire game beforehand, and they won't be mass dumped second-hand on the market.

The collector's edition for Godfather is giving much more for your money versus their LEs this time around. I think the BOM is ticking back up. I do kind of wish they added a ramp or LCD screen in the upper right of Godfather's playfield, as my only worry is it looks rather empty up there with only the cityscape.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does the life meter on the bottom left do?

It's the caporegime sculpture's health. He takes multiple shots with the ball to drain it. I like it, not sure if I'll ever look down at it.

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

In the last pages the criticism is narrowed down to multiball frequency and in that regard narrowed even further down to location play besides 1-2 voices wanting to play with factory setting anyway but that certainly is a tiny minority most i know myself included have no problem changing setting if it suits play.

I hope that's a good sign. I was thinking there would more complaints on how empty the playfield looks IMO, but i am only looking at photos and havent seen in person yet and playfields can always look and feel vastly different in person. They have all that deep space in the cabinet and the only thing that reaches the top of the glass is the head of the large caporegime mech. Was hoping there was just a little bit more crammed in that back half. Lots of compliments on diverters affecting gameplay, that must be where this machine shines.

#3165 1 year ago

I would not worry about that. You see clearcoat seepage around inserts often and on playfields other than just Mirco. It doesn't affect ball travel. Chipping clearcoat however would be a problem, but this doesn't show that. That's why the photo is captured with that bright light shined on it at just the perfect angle, as you wouldn't even notice it's there otherwise.

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

you are not a hater I was just makeup the point that there is people out there that will take this one picture and blow it up to crazy proportions.I agree with Flipper-McGavin a few post back.Kaneda is a shit stirrer

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-playfield-reproductions-bad-quality#post-4591919
Look at these ultra macro shots of a CPR playfield in the first post. Post 6 explains what is going on.

#3310 1 year ago

Are you able to capture a photo of the mirrored cabinet RadCals and the red-holographic golden siderails?

#3321 1 year ago

Wouldn't a SDTM problem be remedied by adjusting the roll axis instead of the pitch?

#3408 1 year ago

That's better than a cliffy. It's a protector with a playfield-matched decal to camouflage it.

#3537 1 year ago

I assume, now 10 years later, they'll end up going all digital with these redemption cards.

#3571 1 year ago

Classic Game Rooms has them:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1160-classic-game-rooms/07988-godfather-collectors-edition-pinball-machine

There are also distributors that don't list on here. PinballPirate in California has it listed.

#3644 1 year ago

This game is getting a lot of positive comments. I hope it's not just all in pity after people's hatred for Toy Story 4 (never played it myself.)

#3747 1 year ago

They probably weren't allowed to use any of the actors holding a gun when making the sculpt. Had to intentionally make a fake looking character. Same for the topper.

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

But the value on this pin will drop due to the botched theme integration, so I'm going to wait.

Stern's Jurassic Park has been in the top 5 for a while, and its main character is Newman from Seinfeld. If Godfather plays well, it'll hold its ground.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I may have missed it, but are GF CEs still available for purchase?

Pinball Pirate is in the bay area and shows it in stock. Try offering to pay by check to bring the price down to MSRP, that's what i did for a Willy Wonka.

#4031 1 year ago

I'm in agreement with Frogman in that my only negative is how trimmed down JJP's playfields are becoming. It can't be to maintain low pricing because they already hiked the prices significantly to $12k/$15k. But I will say Willy Wonka was very fun and I hate that I sold it, and that playfield was gutted compared to JJP's previous machines and is comparable to Godfather with the amount of stuff on the playfield. They did something right with that title, and I think they did something right with Godfather because it's receiving a lot of good feedback, more than Wonka did... and Wonka they ended up having to rerun it because people asked for it after hating on it.

Quoted from cybevenom:

I think that the fact that there are 5000 floating around also is a factor that prices are dipping for the game. I for one ain't selling mine and look forward to add Godfather next to it.

Look at the prices for CEs of Guns N Roses. Yeah, the only reason the LEs are selling low is because there is still surplus of brand new stock.

1 month later
#4491 11 months ago

They were having a hard time sourcing parts for ethernet. I hope the USBC ports they're using have an extra locking pin to hold them in place.

#4512 11 months ago

The exact same crate of miniature wine bottles is $5.99 on Amazon. I thought this was custom made stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Odoria-Miniature-Bottles-Dollhouse-Accessories/dp/B00P0QGXJ6

#4586 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

My question is whether or not the date you purchased has anything to do with shipping sequence.

How fast did you preorder?

1 month later
#4902 9 months ago

I ordered direct from Jersey Jack 10 minutes after preorders opened up, I better be owed a Friday shipment!

1 week later
#5013 9 months ago

Are we supposed to call the company to pay the full amount or do we get an email saying when to pay? Thanks.

#5050 9 months ago

That is a serious amount of metal at the rear of the playfield. I can see better how some of the shots work at that angle too. Must've taken Eric Meunier forever dialing in that entire contraption.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.