Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 1 year ago

Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter. He's the evil wizard dude. I wonder why they would have that there?

#1227 1 year ago

I'm back in the JJP CE club with this one! I'm excited looks like a well rounded and thought out package.

#1407 1 year ago

I have a boner for this game. Can't wait to play it.

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Olive Garden sucks.

So does Red Lobster with the exception of the biscuits!

1 week later
#3001 1 year ago

Is there an owners thread yet, searched couldn't find it??? I get my LE tomorrow!

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just pulled the trigger on an LE today. I know this game is stupid expensive but life is short. I just couldn’t resist!
Anyone know if there are official art blades coming? Or are there aftermarket options already? I may go with mirror blades if not.

Nice! I get mine this weekend. I have been looking for blades but not yet I think. Mirrors may look pretty good on this one.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Does anyone know the width of the head? I couldn't find it in a quick search.
Trying to figure out if I need to remove it to get it in my house (with other JJPs I did, so I'm guessing this is the same size).

I just measured mine...28 3/4

#3144 1 year ago

Has anybody ever tried gold mirror blades? I think they would look pretty nice on this but they’re pretty expensive versus standard ones. What are your thoughts? I’ve never seen them in person.

8072D0E8-16E4-4C8B-A106-75B2D0B2CB16 (resized).jpeg8072D0E8-16E4-4C8B-A106-75B2D0B2CB16 (resized).jpeg
#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Gold mirror blades on my former IM:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks I’m just worried with some of the hot rail light stuff going on here like the green and the purple colors that are so often in the game it would look a little bit strange.

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Uh yeah probably shouldn’t even say anything.JJP games take some playing to figure out!

This game is amazing so many fun shots. I’m a former GNR dude but this one for me is the shit. It can be fast but you have time to collect yourself. Flippers feel like sterns which I love and I’m impressed that they lit the back glass. Way better quality than Stern I just can’t put my finger on it because I haven’t been doing this long enough.

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Encouraging (for me anyway) to hear. I love my Pirates, but Eric's GnR didn't cut it for me.
I've got a good feeling that I'm gonna appreciate Godfather though. JJP games are certainly not for everyone, but I sure enjoy playing them!

I don’t think you get a good take on it on route. Like anything it’s best experienced in the basement. Or south of the mason dixon line or in Australia in a single level game room.

#3154 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m torn on what type of mirror blades to put in there as well. Standard, gold, or black? Gold seems like the right choice, but I do agree on the issue of hot rail color looking odd. Maybe black then? Damn I dunno. Maybe standard is best?!?
How about you try ‘em all and let us know!

Ok fine! I’ll order both black and gold and can always use them in the future!

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks for the review other then flippers how G&R does it feel?
TIA

I only reference GNR because of the hot rails other than that I feel like it has a little bit of Wizard of Oz feel mixed in. It truly is a different game and unlike anything I have played. Of course I’m a noob still but It has so many different shots and definitely feels like you are playing a game board. I have adult mode turned on, and I can’t notice any difference other than maybe some videos that are popping up. Horse head in the bed? Again, GNR was definitely a concert experience but I feel like GF has really interesting shots and gets you excited to play. I suppose it’s time to watch the movie?

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Here's what was posted.
[quoted image]

That's a pretty crappy pic. I have nothing like this on my LE.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I am concern (because I have drop ceilings) that the CE topper in not going to fit in my basement. I am hoping that the city landscape can be easily removed from the topper because I do think with it removed, it will fit.
[quoted image]

I’ll buy it from you if you can’t make it work. I’ll slap it on my LE.

#3432 1 year ago

Perfect! The goofy Mando topper sells for 1800.00. I could probably unload my R2-D2 topper for 2500.00. If they did offer these outside the CE version they could fetch 2k easily for them. I'm a topper junky and not afraid to admit it!

#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Here is a post just for you....
So I am worried about the topper. I wonder if it will "comes" attached to the machine or if it will "come in a box"?
I wonder if when "fully erect" and "ontop of the machine", will it be "8 or 10 inches" high?
Maybe I can "jam it up there" but I am going to want to be careful when I "slide it on top" as to not damage it.
Your thoughts?

Sounds like a perfect fit!!

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Why am I having such a hard time finding the owners thread? Is there not one yet? [quoted image]

Just not a lot of active posting so it sinks down in the pages. Last post was 4 days ago.

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

All JJP has to do is code it for the LE if it’s not already in the code and add it as an add on accessory. I don’t think it would take anything away from CE owners to offer it to LE owners either. I still would have gotten the CE even if the same topper was already available for the LE.
It makes sound financial sense for them to offer it since it’s already designed and tooling is available to keep making them.

Further confirmation it’s likely already in the code.

I can see the topper settings in the menu on my LE…not sure if it would work though.

2 weeks later
#3990 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I know we’re like a week in with ownerships but how are the playfields?

Zero issues from what I can tell. No washers needed just yet.

3 weeks later
#4189 11 months ago

Why isn't anyone working on a topper for the LE? That's right I'm "one of those guys" that love them!

#4215 11 months ago

This game is solid. I enjoy the multi balls and so do your average players that come over and play… it’s exciting.

With that being said, I do wish that I would’ve stepped up to a CE.

Given my collection history I’m not sure why I didn’t go balls out. I don’t even touch Godzilla anymore.

I am on Stern burn out.

#4223 11 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Got the game 6 days ago. Piece of Sh*t. Three problems so far and is unplayable. Never ever buy JJP again. Never had these issues with Stern or Chgo Gaming.

Ouch! Let us know what they are. Maybe we can help?

#4289 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sometimes I wonder if all these LE's that were built so far are still stuck in transit on a boat. I thought there'd be a lot more chatter about this game from owners by now.

I'm having fun playing it. I thought there would be more owners here as well. Hopefully it'll pick when you CE guys get yours. I don't have any issues thus far. When I got it there were balls in the trough, thank god for the flap!! The lilypad boards had a loose connection but that's it. Zero issues since then.

1 week later
#4398 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am really pleasantly surprised with it.
I can't believe the CE's still aren't out. They've got to stop punishing the CE buyers.

The CE folks won’t be disappointed! I’m banging away in my LE. Fuckin’ love this game! I’m convinced it’s a sleeper hit.

#4467 11 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

If anybody wants a closer look at the amazing sparkle of the GF CE playfield click on the link. I made a small closeup video. Looks more vibrant in real life, as the site decompressed the video
https://streamable.com/yguwnr[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool! Makes me wish I had a CE! Maybe I will sprinkle fools gold on my LE!

#4501 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I don't think they do. A few owners of the LEs received their machines and the "LilyPad" boards were displaying an error. The solution was to reseat those connections.
Here is an example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/86#post-7571285

That was me Zero problems since I addressed those.

#4506 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the Shooter plate , the Flipper decals and maybe the Caddie could work .
I love mods but if people start adding bottles of wine , candlesticks , telephones and dead cats ....
I'm a big it's your game , do what you want guy but sometimes less is more .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, warning on the flipper decals though...I tried those and they honestly are lackluster. It would appear that they are raised and have some depth to them but they do not they are simply a decal. I'd like to see someone else make something more dynamic for the flipper toppers.

#4507 11 months ago

I stand corrected! https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/godfather-3-d-flipper-toppers

Looks like they have them but only 2 in a pack? It's a 3 flipper game.

1 week later
#4660 10 months ago

I’m not always a fan of a ton of stick on/screw on mods but these flipper toppers are pretty cool and I think they complement it well right along with my horse head shooter. Thanks Tilt Graphics and Modfather! Along with black mirror blades that’s about all the LE needs!

I checked the playfield. I have about 300 plays on mine and I can hardly find a dimple really anywhere at this point and the scoop is perfect thanks to that sticker. There’s also an additional piece of mylar that extends out of the scoop and down the balls path.

IMG_9161 (resized).jpegIMG_9161 (resized).jpegIMG_9158 (resized).jpegIMG_9158 (resized).jpegIMG_9160 (resized).jpegIMG_9160 (resized).jpegIMG_9159 (resized).jpegIMG_9159 (resized).jpeg
#4662 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I bought some other flipper tops and I can see that I like these ones better for sure. Sigh... as I watch money flush down the toilet. Oh well, the story of my life . I can feel better knowing that paying 15K for the game makes wasting my money on a set of flipper toppers seem like nothing... wait wut... sigh never mind lmao!

Right! These flipper toppers are detailed and 3d printed perhaps and so far all I have seen is just the sticker type. Now where to find a topper for my LE...

#4667 10 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Does anyone ever heard of art blades being made for the LE ? Checked everywhere to no avail.

Nothing go with black mirrors, you won’t regret it.

1 week later
#4710 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Mezel mods now has the Statue of Liberty available for us lowly LE owners. A few others as well...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/godfather-pinball-jjp[quoted image]

I scooped that one as well. Thought it looked great!

#4714 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I was excited about the theme when I heard about it but I wish it was more adult oriented than it is. Does the game even have an adult setting?

It does in the settings. I haven't gone back and forth though to test though as I flipped mine to adult right away.

#4727 10 months ago

Grasshoppers and Crickets are related so it works somewhat!

1 week later
#4784 10 months ago

This one is going in mine as well as the compound!

IMG_9245 (resized).jpegIMG_9245 (resized).jpeg
#4786 10 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Curious to see what you think of the compound. I’m considering ordering it.

Someone might beat me to it. I won’t get a chance to install mine until after July 6. I’ll throw some pics up once I get it installed.

#4788 10 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m also interested god I hate paying for shipping… especially from the states!

I do really like the look of it especially the Statue of Liberty. I didn’t have time to even pull out the compound from the bag but it looks decent when I get done celebrating America’s birthday, i’ll get some pics up.

Depends on the company, but yeah I do agree. The shipping international is getting worse and worse in terms of expense. Hell depends on the company, but even in the states it can be crazy sometimes.

#4791 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Bmanpin, my friend, did you installed the Compound? Please share pics and let us know if the installation was easy, thank you

I am off celebrating America‘s birthday, but I’ll do it when I get back on the 7th of July. The compound actually looks pretty cool.

1 week later
#4851 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Is it possible to see pictures of the compound installed from the back ? I'm curious to see if it's "open" or if it hide the black switch cover completely. Ordered it anyway, looks great from the front !!

Here you go! Sorry, I was too lazy to take the glass off today. I think this gives you a good idea though.

IMG_9355 (resized).jpegIMG_9355 (resized).jpeg
#4853 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Wow, thank you so much. It covers a lot and will look great from all "playing/watching" angle. Does it comes from lights or does it used the game lighting to illuminates the windows ? Is it easy to install ? .... should have mine in a couple days. Ordered the Statue of Liberty too !

Super easy install, a quick removal of a post and a plastic piece and the spotlight and it goes right on. Uses the existing spotlight inside the house so no extra connections for GI.

#4916 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have those in my Hobbit and honestly they aren't that noticeable for the price.

Agree I threw some in my MMRLE a while ago and took them out. Didn't like them and they seemed dull at times.

#4966 9 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Sorry, I should have explained better. It's a program that will put the code onto the USB drive in a way that the game can read it. I'm sure there are others you could use but Rufus is the one JJP includes in the instructions.
I don't blame you for waiting, there's really nothing different from 1.08.

They overcomplicate the Rufus tool I think for the full install instructions on their site. It’s really easy.

#4983 9 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

All set up!
Came with 1.08 code but updated with no issues to 1.09.
Game is to pretty to play!
I Need to order a LE so I can actually play it.
This is the ultimate pin to own hands down.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice looking! I’m jealous of the topper. Wish something existed for the LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11,999.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Bmanpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.