Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1143 Game release featurette video link (28 minutes long) Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #2596 Nice review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#408 1 year ago

You guys have convinced me to watch the movie.

Yes, it's true. Never saw it.

It had better be good.

(The original)

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I like the fact that someone finally has some balls and makes a game that is clearly geared for adults. Not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows. I hope they do not tone it down so much it misses its mark. Embrace the theme and follow through with everything it comes with. Worst thing would be a Godfather themed pin rated E for everyone.

Not sure if you have experienced the Halloween pin. Multiple killings by knife, graphic depictions of death. Oh, and boobies. I guess the boobies can be considered rainbows.

#582 1 year ago

Godfather pin is like most of us: grown ass people trying to validate the value of an amusement game.

Will be interesting to see which way they go with it.

#675 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure the wire forms are made from noodles.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is JJP sticks with the same overpriced LE/CE price structure.....$12.5K is stupid for an LE....$15K might work for the CE if they keep the numbers low....my guess is CE's will be available for a long while (like TS4) unless the numbers are below 500....LE's will be for sale for less than $10K in a year

And they cut the run short due to lack of sales... then the game catches on and sells for $20K in 3 years ala POTC.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I own a POTC and the game is pretty loaded....I highly doubt T4 will ever catch on .... the jury is still out on GF

I was talking about GF... TS4 will never hit 20K in my lifetime.

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I feel the same way about art blades .

I hate roller blades.

Wonder what the music will be like on GF.

#748 1 year ago

I'm thinking they limited the BOM on TS4 to really pack GF. Guess we will know soon.

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from melappels:

I dont think they make standard anymore.

JJP no longer has any standards. Just ask Mirco...

#1131 1 year ago

I can buy an LE for $12,000?

Now there's an offer I can refuse.

Next...

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

The hell you talking about? Best shooter rod ever.

I'm just afraid I would hit my hog on that horse.

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Hope these sell well enough to get one down the line. With GZ and FF there isn't room or money for GF. The SDTM video does a good job of selling it. Pretty exciting time for pinball, lots of great options.

Oh, they will sell fine. With the shit loads of money in the hobby and the impulse buying of $15k games on a whim by so many... The market will have plenty to go around.

The state of this hobby is Fucking nuts.

Game looks interesting for certain.

#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I hope i don't ruffle any feathers with this opinion but ...

This is pinside. You could post that water is wet and set off an avalanche of dissenting opinions.

The art is great. It's just set in a style you aren't fond of. And that's ok. Your opinion is just fine.

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

All of my outdoors water is white and frozen. <smirk>

Hence my choice of the word "avalanche". Trying to be clever on multiple levels

#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.
LTG : )

Congrats Lloyd. You ARE the Godfather!

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I have a boner for this game. Can't wait to play it.

Be careful, you'll snag it on that horse head shooter rod.

#1520 1 year ago

Let's be honest, that cartoonish sculpt with the Tommy gun on the playfield is completely out of place with the rest of the pin, animations, and especially the art. Quite an odd decision to go with that style.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

It's difficult to please everyone.

No. It is impossible to please everyone. But you were close.

#1732 1 year ago

Holy shit guys. You realize there are other threads to address off topic issues? That's right, you only care about getting the last word and totally taking this thread completely off topic for 2 pages... good Lord!

So, GF... anyone think the magnetic bling idea will be carried forward, or is this just a one off. Probably not a selling point for a location pin.

#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

CE production apparently begins in Spring.
[quoted image]

March 1 is the start of meteorological spring

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from doomid:

Setting our LE up now at AYCE Gogi West Hills.
[quoted image]

That art is stunning. The style creates a dark "mobster" atmosphere. Well done Franchi.

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Wozfather. Was really hoping they'd dump the coin pusher sounds for this title.

I love coin pushers! Someone pm me if they got one they want to sell.

That being said, I now have to watch the gameplay and check back in here with my opinion on the sounds. Everyone here knows my opinion is the only one that matters.

#1862 1 year ago

I liked the music. I am pretty sure someone is playing a Wonka just off camera. Am I wrong?

#1869 1 year ago

It would be really cool if all the LEDs flashed white in rhythm with the Tommy gun firing, simulating flash from the barrel. Less color and a cool dramatic effect.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I broke my play it first rule and jumped in last night....

It's only $15,000. Why chance losing a spot waiting on game play video?

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It's literally flute music with cartoon sounds. What in the actual ???

Oboe actually, but still.... Odd.

#1924 1 year ago

The whole point is there are elements that aren't cohesive. The art, video, lighting, and sculpts should all be done in a complimentary manner.

The main sculpt is done in a manner that looks like a caricature while the rest of the art is elegant realistic. The music is dramatic and some sound effects are cartoonish. The overall tone of the pin is dark and the lighting is bright and colorful.

These contractions oppose the cohesiveness this title demands. It's a shame as so many of the elements seem great on their own merit, just not in this package.
It's a hindrance to immersion in the theme.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Buy for what's in the box, not your hopes for the future.

Most here have taken the plunge on what they HOPED was in the box.

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if they released some sort of upgrade kit for all the games where you could add this to all your past jjp games. It would be incredible.

And expensive

#2234 1 year ago

New pins need to be coded with two options for game play:

1. Fun
2. Deep

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Take “Turfwar Multiball” as an example. Instead of a generic multiball that has a single animation playing in one quadrant on repeat imagine a mode that takes over most of the screen with unique animations, light shows, music, and sounds as shots are made. Have elements in the mode visually change based on the family you selected. Now extends that same concept to all of the other multiballs. Thats far more interesting, fun, and unique than what we got which overall is just “meh” in my opinion.
What I described above is something others have referred to as “moments” in a game. The generic multiball approach and stacking them all together lacks those moments and seem to exist solely for scoring points versus telling a themes story.

For $15K, all that shit should already be in there. Many have become complacent with value for the dollar in pinball.

Game looks good, seems to shoot well and fun, but it should blow us away in every category. Not sure it does that.

#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN...I'm a film composer (of sorts)..I've been writing computer and classical music since '94 with a degree in compostion/theory..I used a short sample of a tune I created about 5 years ago, and matched it to Karl's livestream in a mulitiball segment..just to hear a different level of intensity.

Just being honest, the music reminded me of a chase scene from the TV show "CHiPs".

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So location owners aren’t capable of changing settings for the location play? What the fuck?!?
That’s on them. Plenty of locations I’ve been to have done a shit job. Too hard, not fun, not clean, not level. I guess I should expect less.
I thought they wanted to make money.

Each player should be able to choose level before first ball. Beginner, novice, pro. Otherwise the settings would be too hard/easy (depending on how the operator sets it up) as the pool of players on location vary widely.

#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from simplykind:

We've invited the JJP crew (Eric, Keith and Ken) to Studio B to show us their latest release, The Godfather 50th Anniversary pinball!! Join us tonight, March 10th @ 7:30pm ct on https://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball as we flip The Godfather LE!!

8:30 eastern time? Us old fuckers can't stay up that late... WTF??

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Hahah OH I GET IT! That's the earliest everyone could make it work though. Hopefully you can stay up past your bedtime and hang out for a bit!

Okay... But I can't promise I'll be sober...

#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the market was on a continually oversold high, maybe enthusiasts would be enough to sustain it. But there are highs and lows. We've been on a high for a long time now. A low is coming, and home sales will fall along with location sales. Both will be needed in that time to get through. Also, location play is what brings in some percentage of casuals and grows the home market, so it's needed.

I respectfully disagree. At $12k and $15k, these pins are ABSOLUTELY being targeted for the home market. Will some be placed by operators, yes. But that is becoming a stretch at these prices.

#2519 1 year ago

What's the BOM on these games? We will never know. But it's a fair assumption that there prices are demand driven. This is a $10k game tops. Not hating, not blaming manufacturers for getting the most profit they can.

But for the average hobbyist that doesn't have a huge disposable income, it just sucks. I can't just decide to spend $15k on an emotional whim. Enough can to keep the sales going. And the great pinball divide grows even deeper.

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball is niche, but those prices aren't out of wack with other arcade equipment these days. $8-10k is the norm now, and the deluxe stuff can go for $15k and up. The halo environmental one is well over $15k. A high traffic location will do fine with pinball, even at nutso pricing. It's the medium and small locations that are going to be squeezed down to older or no pins at all.

Doesn't Halo do a huge business compared to pinball though? Just from my observations I'd say so but I could be wrong.

I think the fact operators can sell their pins and lose very little after routing profits may be why. But when that resale goes away, I'm not sure these prices will be supported by operators.

It's a crazy time, that's for sure!

#2541 1 year ago

After watching Karl's stream, I noticed that the voice overs and call outs override switch hits for sounds. That is why you don't hear as many "Wanka" or slot sounds. It's also strange because you don't hear any sling or target hits while the voice is (seemingly) constantly talking.

Not saying it's a bad thing, just an observation. Does look like a fun shooter. Would be nice if less lights were blinking everywhere when it says to hit the lot shot.

It's a solid $8995 game on my opinion. Too rich for this poor Italian.

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Closer than you think. A few weeks of body fluid donations and you'll close that funding gap and be enjoying the mayhem!

I've donated to the point of dehydration!

It's a shame too. This pin looks very fun.

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The quarters are flowing into gf tonight!

60,000 quarters and it's paid for! (Not including tax and shipping)

I would hope dollars are being used in today's market!

#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Since the quarters are not flowing into CEs tonight your math is wrong - but I guess your version sounds more sensational and negative, so mission accomplished.

I play at barcades that charge $1 per play, even the older Williams 90's pins. That's why a new pin seems odd to be playing quarters.
But hey, It's pinball, it's all good.

#2569 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn this shit gets old.Don’t you have anything better to do?

Cmon for real.... We are both on a pinball forum on a Friday night. Neither of us has anything better to do.

And all I'm saying is quarters was the measure in the 80's and 90's. With todays prices, it's green paper.

Chill out dude. It's only pinball.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

To be honest, you are kinda coming across as jealous or pissed you cant plunk down the $$$ i suppose I could, but why? It will be for sale less than msrp in a few years.
Aurich hit it, should have been Scarface with a different sound director..

I'm 80% sarcasm, 10% comedy, and 11% alcohol. So I guess I'm hard to read sometimes.

Bottom line is I hate that all prices are rising faster than they should. I'm not bitter, just disappointed. But my posts are actually meant to be light-hearted. I know that doesn't always come through.

It's great to see all the new pins rolling out, lots of fun after such a drought in new releases.

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The great thing is JJP gives YOU the power to tweak the game to make the multiballs as frequent or rare as you personally like. Control over that and a lot more is all in the robust JJP menus. Stock is just the designer's suggestion. Make the game work to your liking.

Can someone adjust the settings and get video of less frequent multi balls? Seems easy enough and could put this debate to bed.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's not really a debate. GnR owners that have tried Eskaybee's recommended settings can tell you it absolutely cuts the multiball frequency and makes the game more fun overall. There's only two camps - those that have tried it, and those that keep complaining but haven't. Godfather will be the same way.

Yes, I meant on GF. Someone should stream GF with the multiballs scaled back.

#2861 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think most people in on GF want to experience the game as-designed, but I'm sure someone will do that as time rolls on.

Not being argumentative, but many people on this thread noted how the multiballs are to much and it may be a factor in why they are passing on GF.

Hence the need, in my opinion, for a stream with multi ball scaled back. See what can be achieved without the hit everything multiballs stacked on each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread?tu=Beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.