WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 103.
#4651 10 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I've had mine since early April. Here to say I'm loving it as much as the day I got it. Play it nearly every day and it has a "one more game feel". You CE owners are in for a real treat.

Could not agree more with what you said Nick!
Had mine for about 5 weeks now and look forward to playing it every night.
Great rules and super smooth shots. The CE is over the top beautiful.

#4652 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m liking that!

+1

FOR F**K SAKES! If Nick Lane likes it, I will like it! Well ... except for that GTF game that he has so lovingly embraced.

Thanks for your sincere input NickBuffaloPinball - looking forward to my Godfather even more now!

#4653 10 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I've had mine since early April. Here to say I'm loving it as much as the day I got it. Play it nearly every day and it has a "one more game feel". You CE owners are in for a real treat.

How’s the playfield holding up?

#4654 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
FOR F**K SAKES! If Nick Lane likes it, I will like it! Well ... except for that GTF game that he has so lovingly embraced.
Thanks for your sincere input NickBuffaloPinball - looking forward to my Godfather even more now!

I'll wait for official word from Kaneda or Zach. lol

#4655 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

You get what you pay for. Quality wise, JJP makes a better product than Stern.

That's true, the problem is pricing is nuts across the board. $12k for a JJP LE, $13k for a Stern LE, $15k for a JJP CE, nearly $10k for a Stern Premium. With these prices the days of the value argument are long gone IMO. "For $15k a JJP CE comes with a topper". Yeah ok, it's still $15k for a damn pinball machine lol.

Are we going to still be saying this if and when games go to $14k for LE's and $17K for CE's? At some point people starting pulling back and I think we are there.

#4656 10 months ago

One thing JJP and Stern can do to help increase value of these games is offer top-notch code support and go above and beyond with supporting games rules wise. Stern I feel has been consistent doing that these past 5 years but not JJP. JJP used to but that consistent pattern of regularly releasing updates has stopped. GNR owners have been complaining for over a year about a lack of updates. There's beta updates but how long is reasonable for code to be in beta? 18 months seems like a long time and during that time the games value has tanked partially IMO due to updates not being released publicly. Pirates is still waiting on its final wizard mode after 3+ years and Toy Story has only received a few minor updates.

Will Godfather have good code support? Maybe, I would just be happy though with what's in the game today. Here's the entire Godfather change log...To be fair Stern would probably list a lot of these items out as 10 different bullet points lol.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 095505 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-06-07 095505 (resized).jpg

#4657 10 months ago

I honestly don't think we are going to see much of a change with support for GF sadly.

#4658 10 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

How’s the playfield holding up?

Looks like the day I got it. Scoop protector looks perfect and the goodie bag had an extra sticker if ever needed.

Audits say I have 124 games on it, which seems lower than I would have thought. Course, average game time it says is close to 9 minutes.

#4659 10 months ago

does anyone also have a bug with the 5 families multiball in beta version? sometimes it does not start and the ball gets stuck in the disc. the targuet rises too quickly and the ball does not have time to descend.

#4660 10 months ago

I’m not always a fan of a ton of stick on/screw on mods but these flipper toppers are pretty cool and I think they complement it well right along with my horse head shooter. Thanks Tilt Graphics and Modfather! Along with black mirror blades that’s about all the LE needs!

I checked the playfield. I have about 300 plays on mine and I can hardly find a dimple really anywhere at this point and the scoop is perfect thanks to that sticker. There’s also an additional piece of mylar that extends out of the scoop and down the balls path.

IMG_9161 (resized).jpegIMG_9161 (resized).jpegIMG_9158 (resized).jpegIMG_9158 (resized).jpegIMG_9160 (resized).jpegIMG_9160 (resized).jpegIMG_9159 (resized).jpegIMG_9159 (resized).jpeg
#4661 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I’m not always a fan of a ton of stick on/screw on mods but these flipper toppers are pretty cool and I think they complement it well right along with my horse head shooter. Thanks Tilt Graphics and Modfather! Along with black mirror blades that’s about all the LE needs!
I checked the playfield. I have about 300 plays on mine and I can hardly find a dimple really anywhere at this point and the scoop is perfect thanks to that sticker. There’s also an additional piece of mylar that extends out of the scoop and down the balls path.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bought some other flipper tops and I can see that I like these ones better for sure. Sigh... as I watch money flush down the toilet. Oh well, the story of my life . I can feel better knowing that paying 15K for the game makes wasting my money on a set of flipper toppers seem like nothing... wait wut... sigh never mind lmao!

#4662 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I bought some other flipper tops and I can see that I like these ones better for sure. Sigh... as I watch money flush down the toilet. Oh well, the story of my life . I can feel better knowing that paying 15K for the game makes wasting my money on a set of flipper toppers seem like nothing... wait wut... sigh never mind lmao!

Right! These flipper toppers are detailed and 3d printed perhaps and so far all I have seen is just the sticker type. Now where to find a topper for my LE...

#4663 10 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

does anyone also have a bug with the 5 families multiball in beta version? sometimes it does not start and the ball gets stuck in the disc. the targuet rises too quickly and the ball does not have time to descend.

I haven't run into it on beta, yet. I did on the release v1.04, intermittently.
Oh, and how often do you hear, "How's his health?"
That's gotta be a bug in the beta. It's driving me nuts!

#4664 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's true, the problem is pricing is nuts across the board. $12k for a JJP LE, $13k for a Stern LE, $15k for a JJP CE, nearly $10k for a Stern Premium. With these prices the days of the value argument are long gone IMO. "For $15k a JJP CE comes with a topper". Yeah ok, it's still $15k for a damn pinball machine lol.
Are we going to still be saying this if and when games go to $14k for LE's and $17K for CE's? At some point people starting pulling back and I think we are there.

Unfortunately, one hears again and again how the prices and the service "updates" develop or not
Unfortunately, the manufacturers seem to have us in their hands. If only one edition was not sold, then ordered, I could imagine a rethink. In "Germany" there is a saying, every morning a fool gets up! (it's sad) this price gouging cannot be justified from an economic point of view!

#4665 10 months ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

Unfortunately, one hears again and again how the prices and the service "updates" develop or not
Unfortunately, the manufacturers seem to have us in their hands. If only one edition was not sold, then ordered, I could imagine a rethink. In "Germany" there is a saying, every morning a fool gets up! (it's sad) this price gouging cannot be justified from an economic point of view!

Welcome to paying for heated seats in your used car, monthly. Same problem through out time…leadership & management (rulers)

#4666 10 months ago

Does anyone ever heard of art blades being made for the LE ? Checked everywhere to no avail.

#4667 10 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Does anyone ever heard of art blades being made for the LE ? Checked everywhere to no avail.

Nothing go with black mirrors, you won’t regret it.

#4668 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Nothing go with black mirrors, you won’t regret it.

This will be my second choice if they never release some nice art blades for it. They're way more expensive than art blades though.

#4669 10 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Welcome to paying for heated seats in your used car, monthly.

What do you mean pay monthly for your heated seats ?

#4672 10 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

I think JJP will make them in time, I mean they just release them for TS4 soooooooooo.....

#4673 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think JJP will make them in time, I mean they just release them for TS4 soooooooooo.....

Yep , they will come , along with the topper .

#4674 10 months ago

Has anyone had trouble with their "bad guy" drop target going up and down at random times?

#4675 10 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Has anyone had trouble with their "bad guy" drop target going up and down at random times?

Did you see Pin Monks response in the owners thread .

#4676 10 months ago

Godfather coming in HOT at #40. lol

#4677 10 months ago

Has anyone received his Collector’s?… please be kind and don’t hesitate to brag with some nice pics

#4678 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Has anyone received his Collector’s?… please be kind and don’t hesitate to brag with some nice pics

Must be hard knowing the Canadian ones will be shipping last

#4679 10 months ago

How good does this look .
Are the spinners different from the Le .

IMG_20230613_214209 (resized).jpgIMG_20230613_214209 (resized).jpg
#4680 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Must be hard knowing the Canadian ones will be shipping last

My 50th birthday it’s in September… I can wait patiently for this nice present screaminr

#4681 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

My 50th birthday it’s in September… I can wait patiently for this nice present screaminr

Mine's October , hopefully comes by then .
Patience-is-a-virtue

#4682 10 months ago

Germany expects (with 3 weeks delivery time) the CE around mid July here according to my distributor

#4683 10 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Germany expects (with 3 weeks delivery time) the CE around mid July here according to my distributor

Da bin ich mal gespannt ob das was wird…..

#4684 10 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Da bin ich mal gespannt ob das was wird…..

For those without Google translate that reads:
I'm curious to see what will happen...

#4685 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For those without Google translate that reads:
I'm curious to see what will happen...

danke

#4686 10 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Just got E-Mail from my distro that JJP told them due to production shortages delivery is at least 4 weeks later ie not before August

#4687 10 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Just got E-Mail from my distro that JJP told them due to production shortages delivery is at least 4 weeks later ie not before August

Interesting because we have seen a lot of international CEs on the line and I just got invoiced for my CE balance on a domestic unit.

#4688 10 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Interesting because we have seen a lot of international CEs on the line and I just got invoiced for my CE balance on a domestic unit.

pinballstar?

#4690 10 months ago

Nice - any estimated timeframe from them?

#4691 10 months ago

According to Willy bill the CE will come with both Big Mike and Furious Floyd .
That is so cool

IMG_20230613_214209 (resized).jpgIMG_20230613_214209 (resized).jpgIMG_20230615_234611 (resized).jpgIMG_20230615_234611 (resized).jpg
#4692 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

According to Willy bill the CE will come with both Big Mike and Furious Floyd .
That is so cool

Very cool. Hoping to hear where Willybillwill got this info from.

#4693 10 months ago

This is the first I am hearing this, that the game will come with both figures. Although that would be really cool, I would be shocked if that is the case.

#4694 10 months ago

Eric hints at getting both all the way back to the original video featurette!
I’ve always expected to get both since then.

#4695 10 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Eric hints at getting both all the way back to the original video featurette!
I’ve always expected to get both since then.

Yeah. Hope so, that would be awesome!

#4696 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is the first I am hearing this, that the game will come with both figures. Although that would be really cool, I would be shocked if that is the case.

Sorry guys for the delayed response. Here's the screenshot from their Facebook page, it's under this post where they replied to someone's comment. Stoked when I saw this, cause I like them both as well!

JJP (resized).pngJJP (resized).pngJJP Post (resized).pngJJP Post (resized).png
#4697 10 months ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

Sorry guys for the delayed response. Here's the screenshot from their Facebook page, it's under this post where they replied to someone's comment. Stoked when I saw this, cause I like them both as well![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!

#4698 10 months ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

Sorry guys for the delayed response. Here's the screenshot from their Facebook page, it's under this post where they replied to someone's comment. Stoked when I saw this, cause I like them both as well![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#4699 10 months ago

on the flipnout pinball stream, it is indicated on the video the code 1.05 .... any information on this code? is this the beta version?

#4700 10 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

on the flipnout pinball stream, it is indicated on the video the code 1.05 .... any information on this code? is this the beta version?

I was told there is a Beta code out for GF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.