WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 103.
#4551 11 months ago

Playing with skill and just staying alive are two different things. I am better at the latter and it's fun at the expense of not really getting better or at least taking much longer to do so, and honestly I DO score better too but that's a self fulfilling prophecy. In the end I'm short-changing myself.
But Multiballs do start more with that "just don't drain" style of play and if you don't know the game it's a mystery as to how they started also.
I actually have played my GNR with intentionality and worked to set up and start AND AVOID the Multiballs, until I'm ready, while focused on the game objectives and trying different strategies before start the song,
And when I play this way I never feel like I'm in "multiball all the time ". Yes it's more tedious and more difficult and I do miss the chaos "dessert" that I get when I just rock out, but I think the whole point of this is to say that your perspective can depend on what kind of player you are (or choose to be!}.
If you're a methodical, dive into the rule set, and Play calculated and you have good pinball skills, then you probably won't complain much about multiballs.
But if you like just walking up to the game (that you probably really don't know) and try staying alive, which again is Great fun, and I really enjoy this method of playing a lot, then you get a lot more randomness and you get a lot more multiballs. At least be eyes wide open about it.
So choose your game, and choose your style of play, but if you want a different result from how the game play was designed, well, that choice is on you. Don't hate the game, hate the player. Lol.
Happy memorial Day!

#4552 11 months ago

Mball - There's always a lot of "sway" back and forth about all the points from either side and in between. The bottom line here is that if a game didn't even have a multi-ball mode we would think it is lacking. So all games that have one satisfy that.. from there, the game difficulty can be used to make them more or less difficult to obtain. This is to satisfy preference is it not? So we set it to our preference. I don't see any real "argument" from either side just lots of personal preferences of perhaps what the game should default to... the game rules fill the balance.

#4553 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is no such thing as "being in multiball all the time."

I was exaggerating for effect. How about "just don't like being in multiball as much" instead of "all the time"?

Quoted from Vespula:

And when I play this way I never feel like I'm in "multiball all the time ". Yes it's more tedious and more difficult and I do miss the chaos "dessert" that I get when I just rock out, but I think the whole point of this is to say that your perspective can depend on what kind of player you are (or choose to be!}.
If you're a methodical, dive into the rule set, and Play calculated and you have good pinball skills, then you probably won't complain much about multiballs.

You can use the "play better and you'll know better" response for practically any complaint about a game. Some people don't like games with tight shots, don't like games with heavy multipliers, don't like games with complicated scoring rules, some guys only like EMs or early SS games, etc.

I did not mean to get sucked into a "JJP rulesets are awesome sauce !?!?!?!?!?!!?" discussion. I simply wanted to point out that when people don't like something about how a particular game plays it does not necessarily mean they are whiners or ignorant dullards in need of an education. Just means they don't like it. Some people seem to take offense at that and get all riled up. I find that weird.

#4554 11 months ago

For those interested I'll doing a stream/tutorial at 5 Central.

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#4555 11 months ago

i think everybody in pinball do like multiball...
but the fact is, you have to play for & deserve to be in multiball, its has to be a accomplishment

#4556 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You can use the "play better and you'll know better" response for practically any complaint about a game.

For the record, I didn't say play better, I said play different and you get different results.

Quoted from paul_8788:

I did not mean to get sucked into a "JJP rulesets are awesome sauce !?!?!?!?!?!!?" discussion

Also for the record, I didn't say that either. I've got Stern Rush and love the ruleset.

Quoted from paul_8788:

I simply wanted to point out that when people don't like something about how a particular game plays it does not necessarily mean they are whiners or ignorant dullards in need of an education. Just means they don't like it.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I've got games I don't like for sure.

#4557 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For the record, I didn't say play better, I said play different and you get different results.

? You started with:

Quoted from Vespula:

Playing with skill and just staying alive are two different things.

Don't think I am way off base on my interpretation, but whatever.

Quoted from Vespula:

Also for the record, I didn't say that either. I've got Stern Rush and love the ruleset.

Well, for the record I didn't say you only loved JJPs, don't know where Stern even entered the conversation until now. Also, I was referring to the whole conversation, not just your input. Sorry if that was unclear.

#4558 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

99% of the multiball whiners don't understand what starts them, what to do during them, or how they advance/benefit your game progression.
They just cry because there are multiballs, and it's a popular way to fit in with the Pinside crowd.
Want a guidebook? Ok.
1. Know the rules well enough to explain them to someone else.
2. Have enough plays against the game to have a legitimate informed opinion (100+).
Complain about whatever you want, just take the time to understand it before you do.

That's a fairly weak defense. You've been saying this over and over to make yourself feel good, but often times we know full well why they started. They're just too damn easy TO start. Hitting one target four times should not reward you with a multiball (or as you stated in your defense, confuse you with one). That's just poor software design.

#4559 11 months ago

In all fairness, there’s tons of games that are even easier to get multiball on. Some even off the plunge.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-easiest-multiball

#4560 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's a fairly weak defense. You've been saying this over and over to make yourself feel good, but often times we know full well why they started. They're just too damn easy TO start. Hitting one target four times should not reward you with a multiball (or as you stated in your defense, confuse you with one). That's just poor software design.

So remove the spots that make them too easy to start. It's all configurable in the software.

For example on Guns, lights multiball only takes 2 hits because LIGH is lit (at the beginning, it does increase with each cycle.)

#4561 11 months ago

In my search request, I thought of such mods. Superstructures are always cool!

flipper-jjp-gf (resized).jpgflipper-jjp-gf (resized).jpg
#4562 11 months ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

In my search request, I thought of such mods. Superstructures are always cool![quoted image]

Looks very detailed .
Have you done any other mods .

#4563 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Quoted from zaphX:

For those interested I'll doing a stream/tutorial at 5 Central.
http://twitch.tv/nspinball

Quoted from RipleYYY:

i think everybody in pinball do like multiball...
but the fact is, you have to play for & deserve to be in multiball, its has to be a accomplishment

Amazing overview video @zaphX. You do an awesome job with these gameplay overview videos. Highlighting areas on the playfield to explain things is a really nice touch.

Even after watching the overview video the games main multiballs seem rather generic. I think that is due to them lacking moments and allowing them to be stacked with upwards of 3 other multiballs. Take the start of Fellowship of the Ring or Storage Facility Multiball. Each of those multiballs have a few moments that take over the entire game. There's nothing really like that here and maybe that's intentional as once you start 2-4 of them any moments are lost.

Instead of Compound Multiball playing an opening animation and then pretty much being reserved to the upper right corner of the screen I wish it would take over the entire game with multiple moments and more mode choreography. Same goes for the other multiballs. Allow one of them to play with a single mode and that's it. Once everything starts stacking, 2-4 multiballs for example, it's rather difficult to tell what's going on and whatever small moments are there are lost due how much is going on the screen.

Others have mentioned how JJP games, such as Godfather, just seem to give you multiball after multiball. I finally see why this is the case. When you are already in a multiball it's easier to accidently qualify and start another with 3-5 balls on the playfield from the first multiball. That just keeps repeating and before you know it you have 2-4 multiballs going and you may not have even meant it. There's nothing rewarding about that IMO.

One thing that could help, zaphX mentioned it here, is that JJP gives you choices for how to adjust the game in software. Can we at least get the choice to disable multiball mode stacking? That would be huge and is something I would turn on in a heartbeat. If such an option existed just have it so when you are in a multiball mode you can't qualify for any others. You are playing that mode and up to one base mode and that's it.

#4564 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Instead of Compound Multiball playing an opening animation and then pretty much being reserved to the upper right corner of the screen I wish it would take over the entire game with multiple moments and more mode choreography.

Glad you liked the video, thanks for watching!

One small note about Compound MB - it actually does take over the game, the playfield at least. You're fighting against colored inserts on the major shots, where the color represents the attacking family. Subtle, I know. But I get your overall point.

#4565 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One small note about Compound MB - it actually does take over the game, the playfield at least. You're fighting against colored inserts on the major shots, where the color represents the attacking family. Subtle, I know. But I get your overall point.

That's good to know and I think that is something that can get lost when 2-4 multiballs are running at once. I wish JJP would offer a setting that disables multiball stacking. That would solve a good chunk of the multiball complaints. Some players probably feel that multiballs are just being handed out left and right as they are qualifying for more while a multiball is already occuring. Disabling MB stacking would solve that.

It would be cool to play just Compound Multiball, or the others, with up to one single base mode and that's it. That's personally the way I enjoy to play games as it's more of an experience and journey IMO.

#4566 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can we at least get the choice to disable multiball mode stacking? That would be huge and is something I would turn on in a heartbeat. If such an option existed just have it so when you are in a multiball mode you can't qualify for any others. You are playing that mode and up to one base mode and that's it.

They give you so many options to customise gameplay .
I'm not a coder but if they gave you the option to disable stacking , it would be good for the people who want it .
I was a bit disappointed when Eric said only one person can have a family because that's the way he wants it .
Sometimes I think the Designers /Coders get caught up in the way they want it , when they could easily make options for how the Customer might like it .

#4567 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They give you so many options to customise gameplay .
I'm not a coder but if they gave you the option to disable stacking , it would be good for the people who want it .
I was a bit disappointed when Eric said only one person can have a family because that's the way he wants it .
Sometimes I think the Designers /Coders get caught up in the way they want it , when they could easily make options for how the Customer might like it .

Good points. The more customization options the better. If there was a setting toggle to disable multiball stacking I would be more inclined to buy Godfather as that's the way I enjoy to play games. Playing 2-4 multiballs at once is something I don't find enjoyable as I then can't enjoy each on their own.

Dwight did something similar with Ghostbusters and offered several stacking options in the games menu.

#4568 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points. The more customization options the better. If there was a setting toggle to disable multiball stacking I would be more inclined to buy Godfather as that's the way I enjoy to play games.

Maybe there is? I haven't dug deeply into the settings, but they offer tons of them. I'll look next time I'm upstairs.

#4569 11 months ago

8 more reviews to go!

Pinside rating

This game has received 42 approved Pinsider ratings. 8 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jjp-godfather-le/ratings

#4570 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points. The more customization options the better...

One can/may choose to increase the difficulty of achieving the various MB's. Possible upside if one is "accidentally" starting a MB.
I don't see a toggle on/off for stacking.
Personally I view some the MB stacking as part of the chaos of a gunfight/ battle mob scene. "If only those bad guys would just show themselves one-at-time I could pick them off better"

Screenshot_20230530_110049_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230530_110049_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4571 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think for me that’s part of the problem. The subtlety gets lost when you’ve got lights going off everywhere. On GnR I can’t see what’s going on with the inserts because of all the light so I guess when you play once every so often it’s hard to know what to do. Where as I think stern/BW does this better as you’re able to see easier what to shoot because you don’t have all those lights going off.

#4572 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

!!!ATTENTION ALL CE BUYERS!!!
I just got official word directly from JJP that production has started today on CEs of Godfather!
Playfields are in and are being worked on as I type this! [quoted image]

Fellas, quick question, a few months ago someone mentioned the number of games produced weekly in JJP, does anyone have that average number?

(it's not that I'm anxious ... but yes... I'm anxious indeed )

#4573 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, quick question, a few months ago someone mentioned the number of games produced weekly in JJP, does anyone have that average number?
(it's not that I'm anxious ... but yes... I'm anxious indeed )

I think it's around 50 a week .
But I heard they're going to make the Canadian ones last

#4574 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

hahahah lol!

(*If that’s the case… I wish you, LTG and Slash the first 3 CE’s )

#4575 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

hahahah lol!

Thanks mate but with one container every few months it could be a long wait
Hopefully they don't sell many LE's here and can fill up the container with CE'S

#4576 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thats too funny…I heard Canada was first! Cmon JJP send it over all ready…your holding up my TS4 and JB!

#4577 10 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Thats too funny…I heard Canada was first! Cmon JJP send it over all ready…your holding up my TS4 and JB!

IMG_0280 (resized).jpegIMG_0280 (resized).jpeg
#4578 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

IMG_20230602_002047 (resized).jpgIMG_20230602_002047 (resized).jpg
#4579 10 months ago

Some more GF CE video, skip to the end.

#4580 10 months ago
88041bec3eb4d7c57c7af6a7fa392a6c (resized).png88041bec3eb4d7c57c7af6a7fa392a6c (resized).png
#4581 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thank you !

I just hope they start rolling soon so people get theirs.

LTG : )

#4582 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Some more GF CE video, skip to the end.

Thank you for posting VisitorQ.

I see that Jersey Jack himself was there, probably delivering those two beautiful Limited and Collector’s Editions. I know that many of you are not topper fans but for topper fans just like me this is a game way beyond a dream theme fellas… man that topper in action it’s amazing!

#4583 10 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thank you for posting VisitorQ.
I see that Jersey Jack himself was there, probably delivering those two beautiful Limited and Collector’s Editions. I know that many of you are not topper fans but for topper fans just like me this is a game way beyond a dream theme fellas… man that topper in action it’s amazing!

It certainly does make the new Godzilla topper look even less appealing than it already does.

#4584 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you !
I just hope they start rolling soon so people get theirs.
LTG : )

I think we are very close but I am mentally telling myself not until the end of summer (September). Apparently the CEs were placed on the line last week and I was told they are expected to start shipping mid-late June. If they produce around 50 per week on average with the first batch of CEs likely running slower at first, this timeframe seems to make sense as to when they start going out. 1,000 units @ 50 a week is 20 weeks.. so they could still be shipping in October.. I assume nobody has been asked to finalize payment yet (would probably say something here) but that should be very soon methinkx.

My question is whether or not the date you purchased has anything to do with shipping sequence.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

It certainly does make the new Godzilla topper look even less appealing than it already does.

Yeah what a wasted opportunity.. That topper needed a mechanical Godzilla.. was there really any other choice??

#4585 10 months ago

Be neat to have Godfather topper next to Pulp Fiction topper

#4586 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

My question is whether or not the date you purchased has anything to do with shipping sequence.

How fast did you preorder?

#4587 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Yeah what a wasted opportunity.. That topper needed a mechanical Godzilla.. was there really any other choice??

1A3A1CCC-BBD9-4061-9F3F-990A4EA57144 (resized).jpeg1A3A1CCC-BBD9-4061-9F3F-990A4EA57144 (resized).jpeg
#4588 10 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

How fast did you preorder?

Day 1, launch day March 7th.. Maybe 6 hours after orders opened up.

I got #307. This represents March 7th which is the day the game was announced, the day I purchased it and is also my son's birthday . A neat detail to us.

#4589 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I got #307. This represents March 7th which is the day the game was announced, the day I purchased it and is also my son's birthday . A neat detail to us.

You probably know this, but for those that don't, the Game # is cosmetic only. The very first game or the very last game off the line could be #307. FWIW I have #314, because who doesn't like pi? I've got my fingers crossed it isn't one of the first 100.

#4590 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Very nice Laithan, excellent number specially because of your son’s birthday.

I like my numbers too, I was able to get my WOZ YBR with #33, that was the number of my grandmother’s house (very important for myself )
Cheers and congrats for that number!

#4591 10 months ago

Just got wind that the games have been delayed leaving jersey guess it’ll be a few more months til they arrive here

#4592 10 months ago

I really don't care what CE number I get to be honest.

#4593 10 months ago

As someone who has a tendency to mod-the-crap-out of my pins, I haven't found anything that's compelled me to add items under the glass. Been working on some top of the backbox decor elements to better match the rest of the pins in my gameroom. Thanks @Amazon, @eBay & @Etsy
#notatopper

20230601_215326 (resized).jpg20230601_215326 (resized).jpg20230602_062451 (resized).jpg20230602_062451 (resized).jpg
#4594 10 months ago

We need just 4 more people to rate GF for it to be factored into the top 100.

#4595 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:We need just 4 more people to rate GF for it to be factored into the top 100.

Gonna hold off until I've played it.

#4596 10 months ago

JJP just posted, GF CE is officially on the line!

#4597 10 months ago

How do people know what # their games will be. We order a ce and just got a conformation email of the order. No #. Not that I can care less what the # is, was just wondering.

#4598 10 months ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

How do people know what # their games will be. We order a ce and just got a conformation email of the order. No #. Not that I can care less what the # is, was just wondering.

Random numbers are assigned when shipping.

#4599 10 months ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Contact your distributor or jjp directly and request a number .

#4600 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Contact your distributor or jjp directly and request a number .

Aha, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/92?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.