WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 103.
#4501 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I don't think they do. A few owners of the LEs received their machines and the "LilyPad" boards were displaying an error. The solution was to reseat those connections.
Here is an example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/86#post-7571285

That was me Zero problems since I addressed those.

#4502 11 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

They were having a hard time sourcing parts for ethernet. I hope the USBC ports they're using have an extra locking pin to hold them in place.

They do not from what I was told but they can all be directly plugged into the back box to trouble shoot.

#4503 11 months ago

Hello pinball enthusiasts, are there already mods for "THE GODFATHER" that are available and are particularly "cool!" ? Please info or link, thank you very much.

#4504 11 months ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

Hello pinball enthusiasts, are there already mods for "THE GODFATHER" that are available and are particularly "cool!" ? Please info or link, thank you very much.

some mods here: https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/the-godfather

#4505 11 months ago

I like the Shooter plate , the Flipper decals and maybe the Caddie could work .

I love mods but if people start adding bottles of wine , candlesticks , telephones and dead cats ....

I'm a big it's your game , do what you want guy but sometimes less is more .

IMG_20230526_234307 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234307 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234409 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234409 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234335 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234335 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234203 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234203 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234226 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234226 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234245 (resized).jpgIMG_20230526_234245 (resized).jpg
#4506 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I love mods but if people start adding bottles of wine , candlesticks , telephones and dead cats ....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, warning on the flipper decals though...I tried those and they honestly are lackluster. It would appear that they are raised and have some depth to them but they do not they are simply a decal. I'd like to see someone else make something more dynamic for the flipper toppers.

#4507 11 months ago

I stand corrected! https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/godfather-3-d-flipper-toppers

Looks like they have them but only 2 in a pack? It's a 3 flipper game.

#4508 11 months ago

I have a gold lion I'm going to try and stick on top of the hideout... will share what it looks like once I can finally get the delivery .

dead cat (what it looks like) and those phones remind me too much of TAF.. I do like the flipper decals though.

#4509 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I might do one this week. I think I understand it well enough to explain it now.

I will be there if i catch you going live. It's been to long.

#4510 11 months ago

When I see all this junk I see:

- Breaking the theme integration the designers put thought into
- New places for the ball to get stuck
- Stuff I'd need to remove if I bought the game
- Flipper toppers adding weight/drag to the flippers

Buy a dollhouse instead.

#4511 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some things from Amazon….

#4512 11 months ago

The exact same crate of miniature wine bottles is $5.99 on Amazon. I thought this was custom made stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Odoria-Miniature-Bottles-Dollhouse-Accessories/dp/B00P0QGXJ6

#4513 11 months ago

The exact same crate of miniature wine bottles is $5.99 on Amazon. I thought this was custom made stuff.
amazon.com link »

Ha! Look for the phones...

#4514 11 months ago

amazon.com link »

That’s really disappointing.

#4515 11 months ago

This is the Lion I bought in case someone tried to charge $50 for it lol
I don't know if it fits yet.. CE has not born yet so don't buy it just yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Viaazo-Figurines-Bookshelf-Decoration-Sculpture/dp/B08NBXZPGS/ref=sr_1_7

#4516 11 months ago

Phone in my collection. Anyone here recognize the number on the dial card?

we500-godfather (resized).jpgwe500-godfather (resized).jpg

#4517 11 months ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Phone in my collection. Anyone here recognize the number on the dial card?
[quoted image]

https://answersuniverse.com/what-was-don-corleones-phone-number-in-the-godfather-1972/

#4518 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Buy a dollhouse instead.

Dude you’ve gotten cynical!
I love it and you are correct!

#4519 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Buy a dollhouse instead.

Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you’ve gotten cynical!
I love it and you are correct!

Probably both of you are right but I love toys, so I want that Shooter Plate and the Thompson …

IMG_8311 (resized).jpegIMG_8311 (resized).jpeg
#4520 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

giphy (11).gifgiphy (11).gif
#4521 11 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

I must be the only person who buys these games to play them.

#4522 11 months ago

A guy had a few of these printed up, they look like they turned out really nice.

349349591_9252018018204645_6980164560946497623_n (resized).jpg349349591_9252018018204645_6980164560946497623_n (resized).jpg349183298_1384354915742762_1288746611050185128_n (resized).jpg349183298_1384354915742762_1288746611050185128_n (resized).jpg349716345_853499333020983_7919594813308462431_n (resized).jpg349716345_853499333020983_7919594813308462431_n (resized).jpg
#4523 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

A guy had a few of these printed up, they look like they turned out really nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How can I give this guy my money?

#4524 11 months ago

Hello joy of jolly ball. Thank you very much for the information. I was thinking more of building mods for the field.

flipperkarton (resized).jpgflipperkarton (resized).jpg
#4525 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Buy a dollhouse instead.

Yup, might as well start zip tying Godfather action figures to the game at that point. Less is more.

#4526 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a shame JJP doesn’t offer printed manuals anymore.

Also, what happened with JJP stopping shipping games with signed LE / CE certificates? Stern does this for every LE and it’s a nice touch. I think the last JJP to do this was either Dialed In or Pirates. Considering the crazy prices it’s the least JJP could do.

#4527 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s a shame JJP doesn’t offer printed manuals anymore.

A printed manual can't be updated. Post Butch doing them, some aren't complete or have mistakes.

If Butch was still doing them. I'd love to have a printed one.

LTG : )

#4528 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

A printed manual can't be updated. Post Butch doing them, some aren't complete or have mistakes.
If Butch was still doing them. I'd love to have a printed one.

He did pirates LTG ?

#4529 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

He did pirates LTG ?

Yes. I believe printed ones were done.

Willy Wonka was his last manual with jjp.

#4530 11 months ago

Any news on CE ship dates?

#4531 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Any news on CE ship dates?

No.

#4532 11 months ago

Mid-Late June is what I was told

#4533 11 months ago

The Godfather threads are so quiet .
I think it's because everyone is waiting on the CE . There are so many differences between the LE and the CE , I think at these prices , most people think , might as well get the CE
60 pinsiders have the LE in their collection and 80 people have the CE listed in their collection .
I don't list a game in my collection until it's in my house .
Most people seem to like the important stuff , like the layout/ shots , art .
The negative comments mainly seem to be stacking /multiballs , theme integration .
I love the mafia theme with the adult Godfather clips and I'm used to Keith's stacking and multiballs , so that's a non-issue for me .
If they make low numbers of this game , I predict it will be a sleeper hit , value wise for the people who got in early .

IMG_20230529_230725 (resized).jpgIMG_20230529_230725 (resized).jpg
#4534 11 months ago

It's a big 3 day holiday weekend here. Sun is just up and memorial Day activities beginning....
it's All the threads I browse (except foo) are pretty quiet. Tomorrow it's back to the salt mine

Quoted from screaminr:

The Godfather threads are so quiet .

#4535 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's a big 3 day holiday weekend here. Sun is just up and memorial Day activities beginning....
it's All the threads I browse (except foo) are pretty quiet. Tomorrow it's back to the salt mine

Fair point but it's more than that .
The owners thread hasn't had a post in 5 days .

#4536 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Most people seem to like the important stuff , like the layout/ shots , art .
The negative comments mainly seem to be stacking /multiballs , theme integration .
I love the mafia theme with the adult Godfather clips and I'm used to Keith's stacking and multiballs , so that's a non-issue for me .
If they make low numbers of this game , I predict it will be a sleeper hit , value wise for the people who got in early .
[quoted image]

I think it's highly under-rated. I will say that I disabled the "fight speech" -and- the fight pictures of the JJP employees.
When you do this the game feels excellent as far as theme integration goes. It's got the clips, the callouts, the pivotal scenes, everything.

For me the silly "general mafia" stuff they layered on detracted from an otherwise outstanding audio package. I am glad they put in toggles to allow users to customize it too their liking.

Just going to roll my eyes at the ToO MaNY mUlTIbALLs whiners. As always, learn the rules and what do with them. Turn up the difficulty if you want them to happen less, but will be doing so at the detriment of game progression because they have a point.

#4537 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Godfather threads are so quiet
60 pinsiders have the LE in their collection and 80 people have the CE listed in their collection .
I don't list a game in my collection until it's in my house .
[quoted image]

I normally do the same, in this case i jumped the gun as I bought all of them at the same time and disti said I would see GF 1st week of June…so I asked them to hold them all until it came in to minimize freight and install costs. Hind sight I should have just taken delivery as my Bond LE, ToyStory CE are waiting on the GF to show up…saving. Grace is I did get my Spooky Halloween CE and have been loving that pin…but looking forward to the GF And I think people will love the pin. But my understanding is that GF CE are sold out…and my disti is making a list for folks who now want them…

#4538 11 months ago

I will say I have some CE regret, as that's the package I usually go for.
However I am re-evaluating this for a couple of reasons, and not just their exorbitant price, which still bothers me.

I am sick and tired of being punished for buying the top tier with the longest wait.
I mean when did this game launch, February? Maybe early March? Definitely before TPF.

CE people still don't have their games while there are LE people who have already had their fun and are moving it on.

Why does JJP treat their most engaged customers this way?

The argument that "CE people want the bugs worked out" does not hold water for me. I've never had a CE that didn't require some tweaking.
For people who do want to wait for the games to be fully cooked, how about a small "early adopter" run and the rest of the CEs later?

#4539 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The argument that "CE people want the bugs worked out" does not hold water for me. I've never had a CE that didn't require some tweaking.
For people who do want to wait for the games to be fully cooked, how about a small "early adopter" run and the rest of the CEs later?

After waiting all this time, I sure hope they release a code update soon to address some pretty serious bugs that have been identified. It has been over two months since some of those have been reported and can be seen in video.

#4540 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will say I have some CE regret, as that's the package I usually go for.
However I am re-evaluating this for a couple of reasons, and not just their exorbitant price, which still bothers me.
I am sick and tired of being punished for buying the top tier with the longest wait.
I mean when did this game launch, February? Maybe early March? Definitely before TPF.
CE people still don't have their games while there are LE people who have already had their fun and are moving it on.
Why does JJP treat their most engaged customers this way?

I hear what you're saying, but after being a Halloween owner (still waiting for the final code).

I’m ok with waiting on a CE and having a way better version off the code (bugs worked out, more adult mode, etc.).

#4541 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just going to roll my eyes at the ToO MaNY mUlTIbALLs whiners. As always, learn the rules and what do with them. Turn up the difficulty if you want them to happen less, but will be doing so at the detriment of game progression because they have a point.

Quoted from zaphX:

So complaining about price and wait times are legit reasons to be frosty about a game, how it plays are not? Someone needs to publish a guidebook on these rules so people know what they are allowed to complain about without being considered whiners.

#4542 11 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I hear what you're saying, but after being a Halloween owner (still waiting for the final code).

Comparing Spooky to JJP is nonsensical.

Quoted from McDoom:

I’m ok with waiting on a CE and having a way better version off the code (bugs worked out, more adult mode, etc.).

The code maturity has nothing to do with the LE/CE hardware.

#4543 11 months ago

Patience is always a test.. it is what it is.. when all the CEs are out this will all be a moot point so right now it is time to forget the CE for another month, turn up the grill and knock back some cold ones. Plenty of other 'distractions' to grant our attention

#4544 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Comparing Spooky to JJP is nonsensical.

Yes, because they are both pinball manufacturers. What we really need is someone to compare JJP to Tesla.

#4545 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So complaining about price and wait times are legit reasons to be frosty about a game, how it plays are not? Someone needs to publish a guidebook on these rules so people know what they are allowed to complain about without being considered whiners.

99% of the multiball whiners don't understand what starts them, what to do during them, or how they advance/benefit your game progression.
They just cry because there are multiballs, and it's a popular way to fit in with the Pinside crowd.

Want a guidebook? Ok.

1. Know the rules well enough to explain them to someone else.
2. Have enough plays against the game to have a legitimate informed opinion (100+).

Complain about whatever you want, just take the time to understand it before you do.

#4546 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

99% of the multiball whiners don't understand what starts them, what to do during them, or how they advance/benefit your game progression.
They just cry because there are multiballs, and it's a popular way to fit in with the Pinside crowd.

Want a guidebook? Ok.

1. Know the rules well enough to explain them to someone else.
2. Have enough plays against the game to have a legitimate informed opinion (100+).

Complain about whatever you want, just take the time to understand it before you do.

I would argue most "multiball whiners" just don't like being in multiball all the time. I am pretty sure everyone gets that they advance/benefit game progression, pretty much every multiball mode in every pinball machine does that. Heavy multiball is just a style of play that is not some people's preference.

I don't think someone needs 100 repetitions of something they don't like before they can fully decide they don't like it (although my Mom tried when I wouldn't eat brussels sprouts).

#4547 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The code maturity has nothing to do with the LE/CE hardware.

I'll wait for my CE. Not really a problem for me.

#4548 11 months ago

Anticipation is the best joy, looking forward the CE

#4549 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I would argue most "multiball whiners" just don't like being in multiball all the time.

Then don't start the multiball modes until you're ready to do them.
Multiballs don't happen unless you make the shots to qualify and start them.

There is no such thing as "being in multiball all the time."

#4550 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Multiballs don't happen unless you make the shots to qualify and start them.
There is no such thing as "being in multiball all the time."

I will say, on default rules starting multiball on GNR can happen immediately after starting a game, and with a long ball saver/stacking more together it can feel like you’re in multiball more than you should be. I get that it’s boosting values for the main song modes but on location it simply isn’t very fun.

Whether it’s the same on Godfather is unknown to me as I haven’t played it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/91?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.