WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 103.
#4251 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

JJP's tech support has been great the couple of times I have called. It's so nice to dial a number and have someone pick up that is helpful as well as knowledgeable.

Totally agree. They have been great!

#4252 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I love how EVERYONE mentions multiballs with this game. lol
POTC is a phenomenal game and it is super multiball heavy! Who gives a shit!

Yah mball seems to be the consistent complaint... And everyone has a right to their opinion no wrong or right I guess.

In perspective... If the only major criticism repeatedly heard about any new game is having multi-ball modes appear possibly more often than one's desire, would that not be a sign of an overall great game (ie: "that all you got?")? We are not hearing terrible things like playfield issues or having to constantly remove the glass to get stuck balls (GTF anyone?). The code is mostly finished and who knows we may even get another update. The reviews have mostly been positive and lots of compliments about being a shooter's game, fun shots and lots of varitey and depth. The game is gorgeous no matter which model. It is fun. The game is still original in a sea of "been done before". There are clearly some that admit the theme doesn't speak to them but yet they still say it is a fun game to play. Glass half empty/half full.. but there is never a truly perfect game. I don't see too many owners being straight up unhappy with this being in their collection.

The price.. sucks.. 1/10 no argument to be made there

#4253 11 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Totally agree. They have been great!

Not when they dump LTG

#4254 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not when they dump LTG

And I still helped JJDK

#4255 11 months ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

X-men also is missing the final wizard mode...Which happens to be the last Stern NIB I purchased.
Ironically it was in 1.51..then it was pulled

Weird. I did not know that. Any idea why it was pulled?

#4256 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I still helped JJDK

Yes you did. Thank you! I did go thru your suggestions and they helped me to at least understand what I was looking for.

#4257 11 months ago

X-men has 2 wizard modes - heroes (Danger Room) and villains (Dark Phoenix). If you complete both of these are you expecting another wizard mode? I have the game since day 1 (2012) and never completed both in a single game. X-men doesn't need a thing.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

X-men also is missing the final wizard mode...Which happens to be the last Stern NIB I purchased.
Ironically it was in 1.51..then it was pulled

#4258 11 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

X-men has 2 wizard modes - heroes (Danger Room) and villains (Dark Phoenix). If you complete both of these are you expecting another wizard mode? I have the game since day 1 (2012) and never completed both in a single game. X-men doesn't need a thing.

Yeah, seems like whatever other wizard mode was intended was just a shell and possibly designed before the two others were implemented.

V1.51 - February 17th, 2014
=======================
- Modified Dark Phoenix scores and shots
*Initial scores stay the same, but bonus scoring from ball/side losses have decreased slightly.
*Storm and Rogue shots no longer add time to all sides, but decrease the main timer by 15 seconds. This allows players to reach the final shot sooner, if they so desire or are able.
*Side timers have been reduced to 75s from 120s.
- Fixed an issue where Deadpool could be stolen by another player in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented Xavier's starting light show from completing. Regular game play is now delayed to allow for the light show to finish.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented ball locks from the Phoenix shot after a skill shot. Phoenix shot is no longer ignored after the skill shot.
- Removed Wizard Multiball shell. This was a wizard mode tested in early beta versions that was brought to prominence due to the last round of changes. It was inadvertently activated and is not an intented feature currently.

#4259 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:When someone whines about the multiballs you can be assured they don't know the rules and don't understand the game.

there might be another explanation here - maybe there‘s just too many multiballs…

#4260 11 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

there might be another explanation here - maybe there‘s just too many multiballs…

or some people don't bother to learn how the game is played. I pride myself on getting all four multiball BOOSTERS!!!! going to collect as many jackpots to raise my songlevel before i start a song to blow up the song jackpot. (collecting it is a whole other mission)

#4261 11 months ago

Or they're too lazy or too ignorant to go into the settings and customize the game more to their preferences..... Response: "But it's should be like that in default settings". Omg, Wah wah wah, just want to complain...Got it.

#4262 11 months ago

We‘re doing well - explanations so far:
- game has too many multiballs
- people can‘t be bothered to learn the rules
- people can‘t be bothered to adjust the game settings
- people like to complain

any other explanations?

#4263 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Or they're too lazy or too ignorant to go into the settings and customize the game more to their preferences..... Response: "But it's should be like that in default settings". Omg, Wah wah wah, just want to complain...Got it.

I, too, went into setting to try and fix the code in gnr, and that doesn't quite work. Nor should it be the burden of someone to have to fix it. If you play in a tournament, your custom rules you make will be for nothing when you play the "real" code.

It should tell you something when the strategy for a mode is "waiting it out" that your code needs work (I am, of course, speaking about slash's solo). The booster multiballs could have been single ball modes.

Gnr is an amazing game that needs to have its software heavily tweaked. And a lot of multiballs is one of them. Keith Johnson has sort of dropped the ball with his love affair for tons of multiballs. Layman's games had many multiballs for a player to be able to get, but he didn't drown you with them. This game could possibly be one of jjps best if they wanted it to be. Those concert multiballs are an experience. Make them more special... stop whoring out multiballs.

The problem, now, is: you have the callouts. Melissa did a great job, but I doubt she did call outs just saying "pyro" or "make some noise." So they're kinda stuck being multiball, now. Shame.

#4264 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I, too, went into setting to try and fix the code in gnr, and that doesn't quite work. Nor should it be the burden of someone to have to fix it. If you play in a tournament, your custom rules you make will be for nothing when you play the "real" code.
It should tell you something when the strategy for a mode is "waiting it out" that your code needs work (I am, of course, speaking about slash's solo). The booster multiballs could have been single ball modes.
Gnr is an amazing game that needs to have its software heavily tweaked. And a lot of multiballs is one of them. Keith Johnson has sort of dropped the ball with his love affair for tons of multiballs. Layman's games had many multiballs for a player to be able to get, but he didn't drown you with them. This game could possibly be one of jjps best if they wanted it to be. Those concert multiballs are an experience. Make them more special... stop whoring out multiballs.
The problem, now, is: you have the callouts. Melissa did a great job, but I doubt she did call outs just saying "pyro" or "make some noise." So they're kinda stuck being multiball, now. Shame.

I see your points. But I still find the game extremely enjoyable as it is. I'll never be an a tournament nor will most so that comment is a stretch. And it does need tweaking but it's not unplayable or unenjoyable in the least as it is even default. In fact it's amazing.
And if they did go to single ball instead of multiball I think all the call outs just end with the word multiball so some audio editing software could just clip off the word multi-ball. Not that that's going to happen, but just saying not too difficult to trim the audio clips. Adding in the menu to be able to select and change the boosters from multiball to single ball mode, could be a cool feature and would make people like you and others who feel like you happier. The kinder, gentler GNR code option. Lol. To me the band is chaos, and the real concert shows are wild, so the booster multiballs fit in line with that experience.
There's only eight, two for each one, and they're stackable, so it's not that hard to go on a mb rampage and while you're trying to lock balls amidst the chaos, collecting patches, and increasing song value. And doesn't take that long to find that you collected all eight of them and are able to go in to a song with a high song of value. But that's me. Maybe I play the game differently as I see them as a benefit, and enjoy them.
Slash solo, easy target, enough said. Not many will argue it's something needs work, or most avoid and wait it out, even with Max out record spins in the menu I can still hit it occasionally. Usually to my regret.

#4265 11 months ago

The way the game is coded and how it prompts you to make split second decisions as you try and maximize points per song or if you're trying to get to the wizard mode is definitely thought provoking and not easy to master. And that's what makes it so great. Some people should maybe stick to Zizzle games.

#4266 11 months ago

Back to godfather.....

#4268 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Back to godfather.....

when I thought i was out they pull me back in.gifwhen I thought i was out they pull me back in.gif
#4269 11 months ago

Anybody know what kind of numbers the LE is racking up?

#4270 11 months ago
#4272 11 months ago

My hype for considering buying a GF CE place has as at yesterday somewhat disappated on the JJP Steve Ritchie Matrix rumour. Man that theme has some huge potential!

#4273 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. I did not know that. Any idea why it was pulled?

No idea. But someone was nice enough to send it to me a few years ago.

#4274 11 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

My hype for considering buying a GF CE place has as at yesterday somewhat disappated on the JJP Steve Ritchie Matrix rumour. Man that theme has some huge potential!

Weird to post this in the GF hype thread. Ts4 cemented my opinion that no JJP game should be ordered sight unseen... SEEING and playing GF cemented my opinion that I should own one...

#4275 11 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

We‘re doing well - explanations so far:
- game has too many multiballs
- people can‘t be bothered to learn the rules
- people can‘t be bothered to adjust the game settings
- people like to complain
any other explanations?

It's very simple.

- ThERe ArE tOO MaNY MuLTiBalLS!!!

That is because you started them.

- bUT I dOnT KnOW WhY?

Learn the rules.

- iTS ToO EaSY toO StARt ThEM!!!

So adjust the settings to require more shots. GNR for example spots you most of the LIGHT hits needed for lights multiball. Turn that off.

#4276 11 months ago

Think they should go back to 4 balls vs 6.

#4277 11 months ago

take a short look into the manual.
JJP seems to have learned from the GnR failures, other (more expensive) servos are now installed in the topper.
Towerpro MG946R

#4278 11 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I would still get one and you could always sell it if it's the Matrix but you won't be as disappointed when it's Elton John

#4279 11 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

JJP seems to have learned from the GnR failures, other (more expensive) servos are now installed in the topper.
Towerpro MG946R

Touch wood , my servos are still good but the left one has a break somewhere in the wire .

#4280 11 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Towerpro MG946R

Not sure I'd get too excited yet if that model are anywhere from $3 up to $7 each depending... time will tell.

#4281 11 months ago
2023-05-06 12.07.43 (resized).jpg2023-05-06 12.07.43 (resized).jpg2023-05-06 12.07.47 (resized).jpg2023-05-06 12.07.47 (resized).jpg
#4282 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image][quoted image]

At first glance I thought that was a poo

#4283 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At first glance I thought that was a poo

It can be whatever you want it to be. I just saw it at a show over the weekend and thought it was interesting. I personally would not buy it because I am getting the CE but a few others here maybe interested to see what is out there.

#4284 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I personally would not buy it because I am getting the CE but a few others here maybe interested to see what is out there.

Phew ! Hopefully someone makes a horse head for the LE guys .

#4285 11 months ago

Has anyone noticed any wear spots on their game so far? Any concern for any pf protectors?

#4286 11 months ago

Sometimes I wonder if all these LE's that were built so far are still stuck in transit on a boat. I thought there'd be a lot more chatter about this game from owners by now.

#4287 11 months ago

Thanks for finding this one. It's the Owners Manual that wasn't included in the coinbox :-/
Shout-out to VisitorQ for the Tiltforums' game rules
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/78#post-7522691
If only there were a backglass (LCD) quick guide deciphering all that info

#4288 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sometimes I wonder if all these LE's that were built so far are still stuck in transit on a boat. I thought there'd be a lot more chatter about this game from owners by now.

Got my GFLE on 4/21/23
Been playing it every day/night. Getting deeper into the game along the way. First JJP and, of the 7 pins I've owned, it is by far the best experience for me. I browse / post the Pinside forums for insight, tips & tricks. ... please excuse me now as I've got to get one more game in before I start my day job.

#4289 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm having fun playing it. I thought there would be more owners here as well. Hopefully it'll pick when you CE guys get yours. I don't have any issues thus far. When I got it there were balls in the trough, thank god for the flap!! The lilypad boards had a loose connection but that's it. Zero issues since then.

#4290 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Got my GFLE on 4/21/23
Been playing it every day/night.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'm having fun playing it. I thought there would be more owners here as well.

Awesome, thank you both.

#4291 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Phew ! Hopefully someone makes a horse head for the LE guys .

Modfather seems to have a fairly comprehensive collection of GF Mods, including a couple of horse-head shooter rods.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/the-godfather-custom-shooter-rod-stallion

Ultimately I went with Super SkillShot's shooter for a more accurate, uh...skillshot.
https://superskillshot.com/products/godfather-keychain-shooter

#4292 11 months ago

I'm going out on a limb and will predict this will end up like PoTC. People will sleep on it early on, the run will end earlier than it should b/c sales aren't huge, then price skyrockets when people realize how awesome it is and games aren't available.

I'll backup my prediction by saying these things contribute to it:

-It's at a price point where it's too high for many people to consider
-Some people have felt burned by past JJP games
-It came out at the same time and is competing against other solid games
-Games coded by Keith take time to really appreciate and shine the more time you spend with them, rather than "I played the game a few times and didn't get it"

I love mine. Time will tell if my prediction is correct.

#4293 11 months ago

I'll also tackle the "too many multiballs" discussion by hoping to refine it a bit...

Keith's approach is "everything, all at once". You're never locked out of anything in the game. You can start a multiball, then during that one, start other ones. You can also start modes during this. "Everything, all at once".

May seem chaotic, at first. I get that. Especially when you play Stern games and it's "You can start this multiball, but during that one, can't start a mode or another multiball". Or, "oops, you started the multi-ball. You should have started the mode first AND THEN started the muliball". That's a different design approach, and I'm personally fine with either, it's really how the game comes together that determines how I feel about it.

The "everything all at once" is refreshing to me, in my collection. I don't want every game like that, and I also don't want every game like Stern where you're locked out of things.

#4294 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'll backup my prediction by saying these things contribute to it:

Those are some solid and compelling points that support your prediction and make it seem more plausible.

#4295 11 months ago

I think the CE will increase in value but if they say they are going to run 5000 LEs, they will run them. I mean they may only run half of them now and half later but they are still pumping out GNR, yes?

#4296 11 months ago

I understand the approach with the multiballs on recent Keith games but I'm not a fan of the "Everything all at once" ruleset design. Everything all at once means nothing can really be enjoyed on its own and the game can end up feeling messy. Any cool moments within modes are lost when a bunch of stacking begins. Maybe that's why many of the multiballs in Pirates, GNR, and now Godfather lack moments and a lot of individual mode choropepgraghy as those items would be lost once stacking with 2-4 other modes occurs.

What's the point of having 4 multiballs stacked when every shot is lit? There's no skill involved at that point, just hit pretty much any shot on the playfield and get a jackpot. It's no wonder a "Shoot everything" mode then may appear because why not at that point. Everything all at once just starts to feel meaningless.

Reaching JJP mid and final wizard modes are amazing as you can finally enjoy a mode on it's own. JJP wizard mode design with multiple stages is some of the best in the industry. It would be great to see JJP implement some of their wizard mode designs (more objective based, lots of mode choropepgraghy) in their upfront multiballs.

#4297 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think the CE will increase in value but if they say they are going to run 5000 LEs, they will run them. I mean they may only run half of them now and half later but they are still pumping out GNR, yes?

How many PoTC LEs did they say they would run?

#4298 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I understand the approach with the multiballs on recent Keith games but I'm not a fan of the "Everything all at once" ruleset design. Everything all at once means nothing can really be enjoyed on its own and the game can end up feeling messy. Any cool moments within modes are lost when a bunch of stacking begins. Maybe that's why many of the multiballs in Pirates, GNR, and now Godfather lack moments and a lot of individual mode choropepgraghy as those items would be lost once stacking with 2-4 other modes occurs.

What's the point of having 4 multiballs stacked when every shot is lit? There's no skill involved at that point, just hit pretty much any shot on the playfield and get a jackpot. It's no wonder a "Shoot everything" mode then may appear because why not at that point. Everything all at once just starts to feel meaningless.

Reaching JJP mid and final wizard modes are amazing as you can finally enjoy a mode on it's own. JJP wizard mode design with multiple stages is some of the best in the industry. It would be great to see JJP implement some of their wizard mode designs (more objective based, lots of mode choropepgraghy) in their upfront multiballs.

Totally understand your viewpoint and taste. Well articulated.

Clearly games like this aren't for you.

#4299 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

How many PoTC LEs did they say they would run?

I don't know, you tell me?

It really doesn't matter though, the company is different today than it was then...

#4300 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I don't know, you tell me?

It really doesn't matter though, the company is different today than it was then...

My understanding is that they will say a game is limited to 5,000. But that in no way obligates them to make 5,000. If sales dry up, it's highly unlikely they will continue cranking out games.

We interviewed Keith on our podcast a few years ago. He said sales dried up for PoTC and they had to make a decision if they should order more parts to make more PoTC games. They didn't, because demand wasn't there at the time. They then moved on to other games.

Now, they do re-run games. Look at WoZ. But there's never a guarantee that will happen (look at PoTC). My point is, 5,000 is their stated limit, but not an obligation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/86?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.