WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.
#4051 1 year ago

I played GF again over this past weekend and look forward to getting my CE. With that said, the big sling shot on the left hand side is kinda lame.

#4052 1 year ago

Has there been any news on what JJP is up to, terminating their relationship with Scorbit and what their direction instead is? They do a a many great things that confound me. I have three JJPs and I have to admit I miss some of the interactivity with fellow owners. Plus the Scorbit logo is still on the software and it’s kind of bumming me out

#4053 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I played GF again over this past weekend and look forward to getting my CE. With that said, the big sling shot on the left hand side is kinda lame.

It can be mean, haha

I personally like it as it's unconventional and adds to the challenge/chaos.

#4054 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I love giving people surprises , so it took all my Will Power to not tell him that I had already played it and have a CE on order .
I can't wait to see the look on this face when it's finally at my house

Why is he not reading this on pinside?

Second question, how familiar is this compared to GNR? Seems some of the strategy, risk reward, cash out, gameplay etc might be similar? Same designer, so makes sense, I suppose.

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We could also say that Godzilla has more then twice as many toys that interact with the ball versus Godfather. The toys in Godfather are also a bit lackluster when you compare them to those in Godzilla. Just an observation, both games are fun.
Godfather
1. Spinning disk
2. Lift ramp
Godzilla
1. Moving building with physical ball lock on top of roof that opens to release balls
2. Moving bridge
3. Magna Grab magnet
4. Spinning ramp
5. Mechagodzilla with magnet

Sure GZ has got more big mechs , it also has a lot more issues . The whole owners thread is basically tech help .
GF spinning disc is player controlled and has a bash tilt bob . You count magnets on Godzilla but not on GF and you call pop-up posts toys , the Godfather has them and if your counting them , I suppose you have to count all the diverters and player controlled Subway .
And the magic , like if the ball goes in the back ball lock , the ball can go in 7 directions .
So sure it doesn't have "big" mechs but there's a lot more going on than meets the eye .
This game as the least amount of reports of issues I've seen on a new release . Maybe it's because there aren't many out there yet but so far it's looking good .

#4056 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is he not reading this on pinside?
Second question, how familiar is this compared to GNR? Seems some of the strategy, risk reward, cash out, gameplay etc might be similar? Same designer, so makes sense, I suppose.

He doesn't go on pinside anymore , he gets his info from Facebook and Instagram .
To me it doesn't feel anything like GNR . Of course you can stack multi balls and you can cash out early but besides that , it feels totally different and will be a perfect companion for Gunners

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sure GZ has got more big mechs , it also has a lot more issues . The whole owners thread is basically tech help .
GF spinning disc is player controlled and has a bash tilt bob . You count magnets on Godzilla but not on GF and you call pop-up posts toys , the Godfather has them and if your counting them , I suppose you have to count all the diverters and player controlled Subway .
And the magic , like if the ball goes in the back ball lock , the ball can go in 7 directions .
So sure it doesn't have "big" mechs but there's a lot more going on than meets the eye .
This game as the least amount of reports of issues I've seen on a new release . Maybe it's because there aren't many out there yet but so far it's looking good .

More issues may be reported as Stern has sold a ton of Godzillas, Godfather just came out. The more widespread issue being reported may be with earlier builds versus the latest ones. That's sadly common to see with earlier builds from both Stern and JJP. I just took a look at the GZ owners thread and see some issues being reported about "playfield alignment plates were missing on earlier GZ builds". For the official Pinside record I never called pop up posts toys lol. I listed the two main pop up posts next to the jump ramp on Toy Story under toys / mechs as it's all part of the jump ramp mech. That game has other pop up posts that I never listed as they are out of the way being used as divertors.

There's a big difference between the vertical Magna Grab magnet on Godzilla and a traditional exposed magnet core that stops the ball on Godfather to drop it down a lane. They are not similar. I don't want to argue as both games are fun, just had to say something after seeing the topper comment. I may still buy a Godfather LE, just recently sold a couple games so looking to add a new title. It's been between Cactus Canyon Remake SE, Godzilla Premium, and Godfather LE.

#4058 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak: I see your little dig there about the pop up posts, I never called those toys.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you want to be like Kaneda though and twists peoples words have fun.

So you never called them toys
I'm not twisting any words .
No need to get your knickers in a knot , I just put a counter arguement to your post .

IMG_20230425_022544 (resized).jpgIMG_20230425_022544 (resized).jpg
#4059 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So you never called them toys
I'm not twisting any words .
No need to get your knickers in a knot , I just put a counter arguement to your post .
[quoted image]

I edited my original post above before you replied as didn't want to argue. I listed those items under a category called toys / mechs, I should have listed them separately to stop a few on here from having conniptions. Those two specific pop up posts are part of the jump ramp mech. Some people call that jump ramp a toy, others a mech, whatever. There's other pop up posts on that game used as divertors that I never listed as those are just standard items or divertors. Moving on, let's get back to talking about all of those topper LED's.

#4060 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did you see Toys / Mechs? I listed those items under a category called toys / mechs, I should have listed them separately...my goodness. Again, those pop up posts are part of the jump ramp mech. Some people call that a toy, others a mech, whatever. There's other posts on that game used as divertors that I never listed as those are just standard items.

I was on your side in your Toy Story thread and now your downvoting me , you can call anything whatever you want .
I don't give a fuck .

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was on your side in your Toy Story thread and now your downvoting me , you can call anything whatever you want .
I don't give a fuck .

Downvotes removed, they usually just mean someone disagreed with a comment made, didn't mean anything bad by it.

#4062 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Downvotes removed, they usually just mean someone disagreed with a comment made, didn't mean anything bad by it.

All good .
I was pointing out GF does have quite a few mech's but they're subtle .
And my post regarding the topper v Godzilla was to highlight out how much was in the topper .

#4063 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All good .
I was pointing out GF does have quite a few mech's but they're subtle .
And my post regarding the topper v Godzilla was to highlight out how much was in the topper .

Yeah there's still a lot going on in Godfather, not to mention the deep code. I'm having a hard time considering buying a Godfather as I feel it needs to be a CE or nothing. The LE is amazing but after probably buying $500 or so in mods I'll be thinking "Why didn't I just pay another $2,500 more to get the CE". Still a lot of money either way. The black armor and artwork on the LE does look pretty cool.

#4064 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The LE is amazing but after probably buying $500 or so in mods I'll be thinking "Why didn't I just pay another $2,500 more to get the CE".

This was a factor in my decision to go with CE. Besides the fact that the CE is just so over the top ridiculous looking. But damn, that LE sure looks great too. Definitely wasn't an easy choice to make.

#4065 1 year ago

CE all the way. Any guess on when they will start making them?

#4066 1 year ago
Quoted from epg3:

That happened to me one time… Has to be code. Started a new game and it worked perfectly…

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Not sure what caused it. I started another game without the issue reoccurring.

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

CE all the way. Any guess on when they will start making them?

The longer the wait, the better IMO.

#4068 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah there's still a lot going on in Godfather, not to mention the deep code. I'm having a hard time considering buying a Godfather as I feel it needs to be a CE or nothing. The LE is amazing but after probably buying $500 or so in mods I'll be thinking "Why didn't I just pay another $2,500 more to get the CE". Still a lot of money either way. The black armor and artwork on the LE does look pretty cool.

I'm not a flipper but I have to take resale value into account .
The CE differences are all cosmetic but it has so many , even the Shooter Rod is gold .
With so few CE'S coming down here , I think it will be a good deal .
I don't think the Le's really need any mods , if I got a LE I would put on black mirror blades .

#4069 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't think the Le's really need any mods , if I got a LE I would put on black mirror blades .

If I had gotten the LE, I definitely would have gotten the Hyperlytes like I did for GNR LE. And also some type of blades, probably the black mirror.

#4070 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The longer the wait, the better IMO.

Same. I don't mind the wait at all.

#4071 1 year ago

I need all the time I can get because I still didn't make room for it, and refuse to let any other pins go. At the same time, I wish it was already here, and had it been the LE, I could already be playing it. It's a heck of a conundrum.

#4072 1 year ago

Hmmmmm. 11b on one shot! There’s a lot of setup to get there but it’s a bit ridiculous! I mean the upper echelon of player can get there but when the rest of the game scores pale in comparison it’s not good. It’s kind of simmered me on the code to be honest. I would probably never get there but still…

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1789525423

#4073 1 year ago

I'm in on a CE, hopefully we will see them in.....June?

#4074 1 year ago

I was told May/ June for CE's but honestly, the more they build the better before they get to ours. Fixes or problems in production, they should be adjusted prior to our builds. This could include software updates but more impotently psychical updates in production.

#4075 1 year ago

Neopren cover from France for an nice CE......

Godfather (resized).JPGGodfather (resized).JPG
#4076 1 year ago

Nice, clear pic of a CE… just looks so damn cool
Putting my one in living room.

FA9EBC96-BAAD-4B4C-8984-592F722672ED (resized).jpegFA9EBC96-BAAD-4B4C-8984-592F722672ED (resized).jpeg
#4077 12 months ago

Yeah. That thing looks incredible!

#4078 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Putting my one in living room. [quoted image]

Wow factor.

Coming soon to my casita.

#4079 12 months ago

The code is awesome, also that is Karl doing Karl things. Us mortals, don't need concern ourselves with what the Great Karl is capable of doing. Everything about the code makes sense and rewards your play accordingly. I was just as excited cashing out my modest 34M point mode at 10x as I would have been if it was billions. Nothing about this pin's code ruins this pin.

This next part isn't in reference to your post, so I'll leave you here.

The Multi-balls in this game are good, I treat the triple stack of Multi-balls like my version of BSD 30Ms. I view them as a survival tool and mode progression tool. I really enjoy that you can stack whatever you want while in a Multi-ball. You want another Multi-ball, here you go. Oh what's that you forgot to start a mode before starting, Multi-ball, no problem you can still do that too. What's that you want to complete a mode and start a new mode while in Multi-ball, well you can do that too. There is never a time you feel like you are in "jail"on this pin.

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Hmmmmm. 11b on one shot! There’s a lot of setup to get there but it’s a bit ridiculous! I mean the upper echelon of player can get there but when the rest of the game scores pale in comparison it’s not good. It’s kind of simmered me on the code to be honest. I would probably never get there but still…
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1789525423

#4080 12 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Neopren cover from France for an nice CE...... [quoted image]

Where can I purchase something like this?

#4081 12 months ago
Quoted from drttd:

Where can I purchase something like this?

Look at designfliparcade on Facebook.
Jon from France.

#4082 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Putting my one in living room. [quoted image]

That's how you differentiate between models .
I looked at a Ghostbusters LE when it came out . I said to the guy , "I like the topper" , he said "it's extra" , I was like , what the fuck

#4083 12 months ago

Does anyone think the GF CE will come with a printed manual? Did they do that with TS CE?

#4084 12 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone think the GF CE will come with a printed manual? Did they do that with TS CE?

It won't come with one .
The last one I know of was POTC CE .
Butch did awesome manuals and he's still doing them with Pulp Fiction .

#4085 12 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Butch did awesome manuals

I often wonder if JJP owners could convince him to make us some “unofficial” JJP manuals. So frustrating losing him, LTG and David Thiel.

#4086 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I often wonder if JJP owners could convince him to make us some “unofficial” JJP manuals. So frustrating losing him, LTG and David Thiel.

It would take a lot of money and he doesn't have the inside access like he used to , with all the background , stories , photos ect .
The best you can do now , is print off the manual from the website or the game .

#4087 12 months ago

These guys know what they're talking about , listen from the 21 minute mark .

#4088 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Losing all of these guys was big!!
Dialed In LE came with a huge printed manual.David Thiel sound was the best!David did say he would wear the JJP hat again some day

#4089 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

David did say he would wear the JJP hat again some day

Well shit, let's bring that to fruition and manifest it into reality! The sooner the better. I think he was a key ingredient The Godfather could have really benefited greatly from. With GNR, and likely having Slash, and access to all kinds of riffs & etc., his absence wasn't nearly as noticeable as it is when you look at Godfather in comparison to something like Hobbit and the immersion of the audio experience.

#4090 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Well shit, let's bring that to fruition and manifest it into reality! The sooner the better. I think he was a key ingredient The Godfather could have really benefited greatly from. With GNR, and likely having Slash, and access to all kinds of riffs & etc., his absence wasn't nearly as noticeable as it is when you look at Godfather in comparison to something like Hobbit and the immersion of the audio experience.

The Hobbit was a Masterpiece in sound .
I did say I was wrong about the sound on Godfather after watching Karl's stream but after playing it in person , there was about 20% that sounded like Wonka and I wasn't a fan .
I think David Thiel is a contractor now and it would be worth every cent to get him back .

#4091 12 months ago

A PDF manual is fine with me, hell with my Stern games I never even remove the manual from the cabinet.

It would be nice to have but then again, if it was wrapped I would probably never even open it.

#4092 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’m pretty certain that the best sound man in pinball is seeing this!Lets start a grassroots movement to bring David back to the best manufacturer

#4093 12 months ago

+1 on bringing David Thiel back to JJP, and in time to polish The Godfather up a little.

#4094 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I often wonder if JJP owners could convince him to make us some “unofficial” JJP manuals.

No. He's with a company that loves him now. No going back.

Quoted from sevenrites:

So frustrating losing him, LTG and David Thiel.

David Thiel was tied up with Deep Root. And back doing pinball audio again. Pulp Fiction is his first back into pinball work. And glorious it is. In the future he may contract with other companies again.

LTG : )

#4095 12 months ago

I’m just gonna say it. What’s so damn hard for JJP to understand. If we can’t have LTG, David Thiel on sound, or Butch on manuals, then get equal caliber in there to do it as well as they all did. It’s bullshit they seemingly don’t care. I hate this about JJP. Yet I’m guilty of supporting their bullshit decisions like those with another NIB purchase. I’m sure that doesn’t help change their mind. I know Jen reads these threads. So I can’t say how I really feel about it, I need to tone it down a little. But I’m ready do things I can’t say online over those decisions. They wanna be the best, well let’s get it together then and quit screwing up some of what was already once the best.

I guess I should be thankful we even still have JJP. It just sucks watching them make stupid decisions or ruin stuff that was once the greatest.

#4096 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’m just gonna say it. What’s so damn hard for JJP to understand. If we can’t have LTG, David Thiel on sound, or Butch on manuals, then get equal caliber in there to do it as well as they all did. It’s bullshit they seemingly don’t care. I hate this about JJP. Yet I’m guilty of supporting their bullshit decisions like those with another NIB purchase. I’m sure that doesn’t help change their mind. I know Jen reads these threads. So I can’t say how I really feel about it, I need to tone it down a little. But I’m ready do things I can’t say online over those decisions. They wanna be the best, well let’s get it together then and quit screwing up some of what was already once the best.
I guess I should be thankful we even still have JJP. It just sucks watching them make stupid decisions or ruin stuff that was once the greatest.

Does Jen have some power over you? Who is Jen?

#4097 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

then get equal caliber in there to do it as well as they all did.

David Thiel may well work on games for them in the future. They didn't get rid of him.

It would be nice to get equal caliber for manuals. GNR isn't done and may never get done. And TS is better but no where near Butch's work.

Quoted from sevenrites:

Yet I’m guilty of supporting their bullshit decisions like those with another NIB purchase.

Sadly, me too kind of. I traded my jjp Pirates for a GF CE. Because I think it will improve my business.

#4098 12 months ago

jack's daughter. And I believe still works for jjp.

#4099 12 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Butch on manuals

You may by now have seen his 16 page shot layout thing for Pulp Fiction. You know his Pulp Fiction manual will kick major a**.

Still doing what I love. 12 plus hours a day, every day. Keeping an eye on things I can help with on Chicago Gaming machines. Have the full CGC line up in my business. I can open up the games to show them off or how to fix something, and refer people to distributors to buy them. And for people to try them to see if they like them enough to buy them.

I do apologize for interrupting a jjp thread with a different company.

#4100 12 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Does Jen have some power over you? Who is Jen?

Jen is Jack’s daughter and she’s been nothing but good to me but more importantly it’s about being respectful to women.

I’d prefer Jen helps gives them some of these suggestions we make to them rather than chase her out of here.

If I act like an ass, I’m more likely to be discredited or ignored, or risk having my opinion become undervalued. I’d prefer to be a VIP in their view.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/82?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.