WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 103.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

if you don't pay $10 a month to his patreon , you're a tight ass , so I'm not sure if I'll be listening anymore

So you want to be a tight ass that doesn’t listen?

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Zach also said , the ce's flew off the shelves and the le's not so much .
The CE's sold out in a day or two down here .
I thought if you're going to spend that much money , you might as well spend the extra and get the CE .
There's a lot of hype with Foo Fighters and Pulp Fiction at the moment but I think the uniqueness of The Godfather will keep it holding it's value years down the road .

Bang for Buck the CE is the better choice IMO. Either way, it's a lot of $$$.

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I am at your service sir
Look into the mirror... Repeat after me... I can't spend it when I'm dead.

Haaa definitely can’t

#3904 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ce in Australia $25k

#3906 1 year ago

Yeah it’s well farked. I think Fooies was close to that too

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Have you tried the people in the ad below .
Zach on the Pinball show podcast said something like , they're gone , you can't find any .
Apparently going forward , if you don't pay $10 a month to his patreon , you're a tight ass , so I'm not sure if I'll be listening anymore
[quoted image]

Zach is Patreon? Or Kaneda. K wrong again on GF. Agree, is he pumping $10 now?

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Ce in Australia $25k

CE in Germany 19,6k US$

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

CE in Germany 19,6k US$

Wow so they at least buy you a dinner before touching you up like that? Ours isn’t that bad but still $16.6k usd

#3910 1 year ago

How was this quote attributed to me. I didn't write it?

Quoted from iceman44:

Screenshot_20230411-130151 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230411-130151 (resized).png
#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would have gone with the CE, but I just couldn’t get down on the gold. The black on the LE looks so damn good.

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would have gone with the CE, but I just couldn’t get down on the gold. The black on the LE looks so damn good.

I have a have a feeling that once that topper is in action, the game could be hot pink for all I care. With that said, I like the overall look of the CE but to each their own.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I did have a funny moment last night. I had my best score of 750M. It took my picture then said, "Turn to your left". Like the dummy I am at times, I turned the wrong way. The game then yelled, "Your other left!".
That was hilarious
No other company has the attention to detail that JJP does.
I'm shilling extra hard b/c I don't want to leave anything on the table here. This game is a winner.

Absolutely. I was impressed they changed their standard "Your adventure starts here" sticker on the coin door" to "Your venture starts here" for Godfather, but that photo callout is next level.

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

How was this quote attributed to me. I didn't write it?
[quoted image]

It got mixed up with my post .

Quoted from iceman44:

Zach is doing $10 and you get a decal (a sticker)
And for the bargain price of $100 a month you get a polo top

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It got mixed up with my post .

Zach is doing $10 and you get a decal (a sticker)
And for the bargain price of $100 a month you get a polo top

My bad. Don’t mean to get off topic, so the Zach podcast is now behind a paywall?

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My bad. Don’t mean to get off topic, so the Zach podcast is now behind a paywall?

No , but they are holding back parts of the show only for subscribers and if you don't pay , apparently you're a tight arse .
You can ask for whatever you want , I just wasn't a fan of the way he said it .

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No , but if you don't pay , apparently you're a tight arse .

Lol. Got it. He’s promoting his biz. I get why some people might paywall but it already benefits Zach to have people tune in. Crazy times.

Looking forward to some GF!!!

#3918 1 year ago

Ce in Australia $25k

You forgot the $500: $25,500!!! Aussie Dollars ... and sold out within one day.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The LE is gorgeous, cabinet art glossy, black against the red colors amazing. Only went with the CE for the topper, honestly, as I like Al Pacino front and center. This game is gonna gradually gain traction, the more people play. Interesting to hear some triple drain guys say it's up there with the best of them at TPF.

#3920 1 year ago

I agree about the cab art on the LE. I don't know what JJP did but those decals are super nice! The gloss and quality is A+, I can only imagine how the Rad Cals will look on the CE!!

#3921 1 year ago

When will the CE be built?

#3922 1 year ago

Considering trading my Godzilla LE for a Godfather CE. Is this a fair trade and is GF CE as good of a game or is this a dumb move?

Godzilla is a lot of fun, but I've never been a huge Zilla fan and have had my fill of the game. Have seen everything in the game except King of the Monsters which I watched on YouTube. Time to trade for something different.

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Considering trading my Godzilla LE for a Godfather CE. Is this a fair trade and is GF CE as good of a game or is this a dumb move?
Godzilla is a lot of fun, but I've never been a huge Zilla fan and have had my fill of the game. Have seen everything, but King of Monsters which I watched on YouTube. Time to trade for something different.

I’d make that trade. Godfather is amazing. Price between the two is about par. Do it.

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’d make that trade. Godfather is amazing. Price between the two is about par. Do it.

Reassuring…will give it serious consideration! Thanks

#3925 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Godzilla is a lot of fun, but I've never been a huge Zilla fan and have had my fill of the game. Have seen everything, but King of Monsters which I watched on YouTube. Time to trade for something different.

Easy trade. Take the Godfather CE.

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:Reassuring…will give it serious consideration! Thanks

I would think it would be easier to find a Godzilla premium to play on location if you need it to get your fix while having the godfather CE at the house.

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

When will the CE be built?

May/June.

Quoted from Cayenne:

CE in Germany 19,6k US$

CE for 17.950,00 €

Ce in Australia $25k

Is that USD?

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

CE in Germany 19,6k US$

Add 5% more for swden.

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

CE for 17.950,00 €

in fairness, it’s hard to get a new car for that price anymore.

#3930 1 year ago

Ce in Australia $25k

25K AUD = 16.6k USD so it's pretty damn close to US retail price.

We are way less lucky in Europe as our final retail price is close to 20K USD (18K EUR)

#3931 1 year ago

I may have missed it, but are GF CEs still available for purchase?

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Only at the bottom of the screen that I am aware of. Sold out everywhere else.

CAE9A075-A611-49E7-A436-96291C08E6DA (resized).pngCAE9A075-A611-49E7-A436-96291C08E6DA (resized).png
#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Only at the bottom of the screen that I am aware of. Sold out everywhere else.[quoted image]

I had a look at that and finally did a proper read of the features list . I didn't realise it had metallic ink on the Rad Cals , gold shooter Rod and too much other stuff to mention .

#3934 1 year ago

Can't complain about the list of features on this game but I really hope the number plate for the CE is gold .

IMG_20230412_220428 (resized).jpgIMG_20230412_220428 (resized).jpg
#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can't complain about the list of features on this game but I really hope the number plate for the CE is gold .
[quoted image]

Looks like it...

gold (resized).pnggold (resized).png
#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Looks like it...[quoted image]

Excellent
Thanks for the picture .
I wasn't sure because of the demo ones .

IMG_20230321_071109 (resized).jpgIMG_20230321_071109 (resized).jpg
#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I wouldn't do it, Godzilla is currently the better game but it sounds like you already have your mind made up.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would think it would be easier to find a Godzilla premium to play on location if you need it to get your fix while having the godfather CE at the house.

I doubt I’ll ever play the game again. Have truly had my fill. It’s like “Shoot the Pyramid” a thousand times…I never want to hear Godzilla’s scream again, ha ha

#3939 1 year ago

If only I had bought a Godzilla LE, I would never part ways with it but now I am not willing to pay what it currently sellls for so my Premium is just fine.

It's a remarkable game that brings me much joy when I play it.

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I doubt I’ll ever play the game again. Have truly had my fill. It’s like “Shoot the Pyramid” a thousand times…I never want to hear Godzilla’s scream again, ha ha

I owned GZLE for a month, sold to a buddy. The pauses at the newton magnet, collapsing building in slow motion, but most of all blue oyster cult really got on my nerves. I recall Elwin saying in a stream that the music was driving him crazy. The code got better since I owned it, and it deserves the love, but isn’t the best pinball ever made. Go for Godfather!

#3941 1 year ago

Godzilla is a incredible IMO.

It's the complete package and it checks all the right boxes. The LE will only increase in value over time, espically once they stop producing the game.

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I wouldn't go it, Godzilla is currently the better game but it sounds like you already have your mind made up.

It's an interesting decision to make .
Both have 1,000units .
GZ is the most popular game of late .
Looking at the market , GZ is from 14.5 to around 16 .
I think the GF will go up easily 1 to 2 K , in the short term and doesn't have the stigma of TS4 .
Both have good flow , layout and deep rules .
What could possibly "hurt" GZ , is that I don't think there is enough difference between the premium and the LE .
I played the LE and I only knew it was an LE because of the grey armour .
With so many premiums being sold , I think people are happy to have one of those .
Apparently GF LE's aren't flying off the shelves like GZ , people are wanting all the extras the CE has , so overall it will be a rarer game .
I wouldn't worry about future value , I would just go for what you prefer playing more .
Decisions , decisions

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godzilla is a incredible IMO.
It's the complete package and it checks all the right boxes. The LE will only increase in value over time, espically once they stop producing the game.

A lot of people love the game, and for good reason.

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Pinball Pirate is in the bay area and shows it in stock. Try offering to pay by check to bring the price down to MSRP, that's what i did for a Willy Wonka.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Go for it. I’m in the same camp. Have a GFCE coming already but I’d dump my GZLE.

I’m pretty much done with it too. Has more to do with theme.

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I owned GZLE for a month, sold to a buddy. The pauses at the newton magnet, collapsing building in slow motion, but most of all blue oyster cult really got on my nerves. I recall Elwin saying in a stream that the music was driving him crazy. The code got better since I owned it, and it deserves the love, but isn’t the best pinball ever made. Go for Godfather!

I agree that the long pauses during video sequences disrupt the game flow and some can’t be skipped. The long magna grab holds and countdowns also get repetitive as does the nasally commentary and Godzilla shrieks. It’s definitely an incredible pin with some of the best code ever, but not the GOAT or a keeper for me. It doesn’t help that I’m not a huge Godzilla fan. The kick ass BOC music is perfect for this game though.

I’m hearing great things about Godfather and I’ve never sold a JJP game, so I have confidence Eric and team have delivered another masterpiece in this title. I actually don’t want to play one or watch any more gameplay videos so I can explore and unlock the game when I receive it. Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack and thanks for the candid input guys

#3947 1 year ago

Flow. Flow. Flow. If you want flow buy a Deadpool or Foo Fighters, skip right over Godfather and Godzilla if that is your thing.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Flow. Flow. Flow. If you want flow buy a Deadpool or Foo Fighters, skip right over Godfather and Godzilla if that is your thing.

Flow schmo. Have plenty of flow monsters.

But yeah, buy Flow Fighters pro if you want that.

GF has unique “flow”

#3949 1 year ago

I’d trade a GZ LE for a GFCE you can always buy a GZ Premium if you miss it! I’d prefer a GF to a GZ actually.

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Fair points and I'm certainly not expecting Godfather to be AFM, Alien or ACDC. Foo Fighters LE is also a game I'd consider trading the Zilla LE for. Decisions...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 11,999.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/79?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.