WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 103.
#3701 11 months ago

Best not to make sweeping assessments based on something literally only a handful of people in the world are capable of. The multipliers are great. The risk reward and intensity of “ok go time on my multipliers” is an awesome layer for those interested.

#3702 11 months ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Best not to make sweeping assessments based on something literally only a handful of people in the world are capable of. The multipliers are great. The risk reward and intensity of “ok go time on my multipliers” is an awesome layer for those interested.

I kinda get the feeling that they are a cover for the lack of innovative code that can be thought up.... twd 2x fine, gz, jp, 2x fine, maiden 3x fine. ghostbusters 6x, sw 20-40x screws the game.. but mehhh thats my opinion.

Its like well I can still get a great score without 2-3x but 6-100x... cant be done... or just restart the game as start again.

#3703 11 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

I kinda get the feeling that they are a cover for the lack of innovative code that can be thought up.... twd 2x fine, gz, jp, 2x fine, maiden 3x fine. ghostbusters 6x, sw 20-40x screws the game.. but mehhh thats my opinion.
Its like well I can still get a great score without 2-3x but 6-100x... cant be done... or just restart the game as start again.

I agree. I used to play in a league and always lost on Star Wars to an annoying guy who knew the rules inside and out and always went for the big multipliers for an easy win. It's a stupid feature that ruins the pin.

#3704 11 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I brought my headphones to TPF so I could hear this game.

Does GF come with a headphone jack built in? I'm in line to get an LE at some point and I'd love it if I didn't have to add a Pinnovators to it to play silently.

#3705 11 months ago

Love a good multipliers discussion

The only game I can think of that I don't like them in is SW. It's not b/c they are there, or that they go up to 40X. It's because fiddling with that button to set them where you want is a distracting PIA.

#3706 11 months ago

Got some games in on this one at MGC this past weekend - underwhelmed, to say the least.

#3707 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

It's because fiddling with that button to set them where you want is a distracting PIA.

I always thought SW would be less annoying if the multipliers were always on, and hitting the button moved them one to the right (wrapping around of course). The fact that you can accidentally turn them off is especially punishing for casual players who barely understand them in the first place.

#3708 11 months ago

Love a good multipliers discussion
The only game I can think of that I don't like them in is SW. It's not b/c they are there, or that they go up to 40X. It's because fiddling with that button to set them where you want is a distracting PIA.

Which is exactly why I love them!
The intensity and satisfaction I feel from properly moving (and prolonging without draining) the SW multiplier is only matched by building up crank it up, or building up kills before unleashing in TWD. Star Wars is a top 5 game for me and I couldn’t care less about the theme.

Looking forward to more time on GF 10x. Have only had brief sessions so far because I don’t hog it “at work.”

#3709 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

95% (99%?) of players won't be able to do what he did. He makes scores like that look easy, but it most definitely is not.

even more of a reason not to have them for the 1% that it helps... if thats the case

#3710 11 months ago

He's one of the best players alive...I wouldn't worry that much about how he is able to exploit things us mortals can only theorize of doing with the glass off

Please tell me this line is in the game...
[quoted image]

That would be a great callout if you drain with a massive jackpot collect uncollected

#3711 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Karl almost got a billion on GNR , haven't seen anyone get close to that .
He's on another level to us mere mortals .
Fish Tales has the perfect level of scoring .

I mean to be fair KevInBuffalo scored a 16 Quinntillion game

#3712 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Does GF come with a headphone jack built in? I'm in line to get an LE at some point and I'd love it if I didn't have to add a Pinnovators to it to play silently.

Yes and Bluetooth I believe are standard.

#3713 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Correct. As well as external volume adjustment.

#3714 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Got some games in on this one at MGC this past weekend - underwhelmed, to say the least.

Wow I'm shocked!lol

#3715 11 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

even more of a reason not to have them for the 1% that it helps... if thats the case

If 95-99% don't have the skills to even know the strategies are there, let alone pull them off, what does it matter? For me, I consider that aspirational. If I can chain together A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H and hit the shot at the end in time, I can get a crazy bonus, too.

Will I? Unlikely, but it's something to shoot for.

#3716 11 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Hahahaha lol!

#3717 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

It does. LE and CE already built in.

#3718 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone know what speaker configuration is used in the GF? I assume they are all 2.1 channel from JJP. This is what I could get from the JJP website:

gf - no mention
gnr - no mention

ts4 - 120 Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System with Subwoofer
dialed in - 5 Speaker 2.1 stereo surround system
the hobbit - 7 speaker 2.1 digital audio system
potc - 5 Speaker 2.1 stereo surround system

#3719 11 months ago

GNR LE is 5 speakers
2 tweets, 2 mids and single woofer

#3720 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If 95-99% don't have the skills to even know the strategies are there, let alone pull them off, what does it matter? For me, I consider that aspirational. If I can chain together A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H and hit the shot at the end in time, I can get a crazy bonus, too.
Will I? Unlikely, but it's something to shoot for.

Lol thats like saying why have wizard modes in JP and GZ for example given that 90% will never see them..... When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, King of the Monsters, 2112, Run to the Hills... Pinmonk, your first name aint Lonnie is it?

#3721 11 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol thats like saying why have wizard modes in JP and GZ for example given that 90% will never see them..... When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, King of the Monsters, 2112, Run to the Hills... Pinmonk, your first name aint Lonnie is it?

I think you're countering your own argument now.

#3722 11 months ago

I know what your getting at but something tells me those multipliers are going to play more of a part in the game than Karls stream lets on. Maybe along the lines of GB...

I guess the same could be said for Karls stream where he gets over 40 billion on Rush? Mehhh

#3724 11 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

I know what your getting at but something tells me those multipliers are going to play more of a part in the game than Karls stream lets on. Maybe along the lines of GB...
I guess the same could be said for Karls stream where he gets over 40 billion on Rush? Mehhh

Dalton's RUSH GC was 128 Billion before the scores were nerfed.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1731624716

#3725 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Yessir.

8F11CDFF-741A-428D-8EF1-7D868C4660C8 (resized).png8F11CDFF-741A-428D-8EF1-7D868C4660C8 (resized).png
#3726 11 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yeah, but with 5 balls.

#3727 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dalton's RUSH GC was 128 Billion before the scores were nerfed.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1731624716

That’s just ridiculous! Scoring needs to be obtainable by everyone and I’m sure the upper echelon of players can do that when playing against each other. I think multipliers need to be nothing more than 2x maybe 3x at most it just makes things stupid.

#3728 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That’s just ridiculous! Scoring needs to be obtainable by everyone and I’m sure the upper echelon of players can do that when playing against each other. I think multipliers need to be nothing more than 2x maybe 3x at most it just makes things stupid.

Latest code update on Rush leveled some things out, 2x max and other changes. Release notes recommend clearing your scores.
Maybe Dalton will stream play the new code for comparison.
Back to GF ..

#3729 11 months ago

I am so happy I sold my Rush before the cash grab accessories hit the market.

#3730 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why? Where you going to be forced at gunpoint to buy them?

#3731 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

They'll still sell it to you, even if you don't have the game. Just a fair warning in case you need to hide your credit card from yourself.

#3732 11 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Why? Where you going to be forced at gunpoint to buy them?

They'll still sell it to you, even if you don't have the game. Just a fair warning in case you need to hide your credit card from yourself.

When they lock features out of the game that can only be unlocked by adding an accessory to a game, I call BS.

I sold the game, I'm happy I did. I am happy I did not buy the topper or anything else that recently came out before I sold it. I am not telling you how to spend your money but I am telling you how I spent mine. You don't care? Either do I!

#3733 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When they lock features out of the game that can only be unlocked by adding an accessory to a game, I call BS.

That much I'm with you on.

#3734 11 months ago

I heard on a podcast that the toys/mods whatever you want to call them are different on the two models. Personally, I do not understand the cartoonish look of the machine gun man on a serious themed game.

#3735 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

serious themed game

what makes GF a serious theme?

#3736 11 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

The tone of the movie? It's based on the movie, the movie is a serious crime family drama.

The game, to make it work in pinball, exists in the "Godfather universe". Admittedly, the tone is lighter in the pinball than the movie.

The Sopranos game, another serious crime family drama, took roughly the same approach. Although, that game almost makes Sopranos look like a comedy.

#3737 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I heard on a podcast that the toys/mods whatever you want to call them are different on the two models. Personally, I do not understand the cartoonish look of the machine gun man on a serious themed game.

Yeah, noticed the different sculpts in the intro SDTM video as well:

CE:
CE-Sculpted-Bash-Toy-Slider-0190da3f (resized).jpegCE-Sculpted-Bash-Toy-Slider-0190da3f (resized).jpeg

LE:
Toy-Machine-gun-Flipper-The-Godfather-Jersey-Jack-Pinball (resized).jpgToy-Machine-gun-Flipper-The-Godfather-Jersey-Jack-Pinball (resized).jpg

#3738 11 months ago

OK, you got me it is a childrens' comedy like Deer Hunter.

Quoted from branlon8:

#3739 11 months ago

The tone of the movie? It's based on the movie, the movie is a serious crime family drama.
The game, to make it work in pinball, exists in the "Godfather universe". Admittedly, the tone is lighter in the pinball than the movie.
The Sopranos game, another serious crime family drama, took roughly the same approach. Although, that game almost makes Sopranos look like a comedy.

Sopranos has a really funny streak to it

One of my favorites is when Big Pussy thinks he's having a heart attack at a brothel and a random customer who happens to be a doctor comes in to help him while half dressed in a cleaning outfit that is part of some kink

#3740 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:I do not understand the cartoonish look of the machine gun man on a serious themed game.

I like the direction they took .
It's a gangsta theme with the Godfather overlay .
Like everyone said how do you make this theme a fun game , this is how you do it .

#3741 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the direction they took .
It's a gangsta theme with the Godfather overlay .
Like everyone said how do you make this theme a fun game , this is how you do it .

I appreciate your point. To me it is similar if there was a Barney doll stuck in the playfield of Paragon or a a Tele-Tubby prominently featured in an Alien playfield.

#3742 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I appreciate your point. To me it is similar if there was a Barney doll stuck in the playfield of Paragon or a a Tele-Tubby prominently featured in an Alien playfield.

Sorry , but that's a very weak comparison .
A Tele-Tubby has no relation to an alien movie unlike the gangster with a tommy gun , does with the Godfather .

#3743 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A Tele-Tubby has no relation to an alien movie

Ummmm.... the comparison being that a Tele-tubby is an Alien??

#3744 11 months ago

Hey man all good. To each their own. I think the game looks beautiful! Now, if you'll please excuse me I gotta go mod my Godzilla with the Barney the Dinosaur doll.

#3745 11 months ago

So you're trying to compare a telly tubby with an alien compared to a gangster with a tommy gun with the godfather , pitiful , weak effort .
Is that the best you've got

IMG_20230407_020626 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_020626 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_020726 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_020726 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_020850 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_020850 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_021034 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_021034 (resized).jpg

#3746 11 months ago

Thanks for opening up my mind to your sensitivity regarding plastic toys. I apologize if metaphor and sarcastic analogy offended you or was perhaps over a certain mental threshold. I will strive to make my points in a strictly literal sense from now on. Although, I do agree with you that the adjective, "pitiful" is probably apt since argung about a piece of plastic is exactly that. So, ya I am guilty in that sense.

#3747 11 months ago

They probably weren't allowed to use any of the actors holding a gun when making the sculpt. Had to intentionally make a fake looking character. Same for the topper.

#3748 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So you're trying to compare a telly tubby with an alien compared to a gangster with a tommy gun with the godfather , pitiful , weak effort .
Is that the best you've got
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He as actually making an argument ad absurdum. Quite effectively in my view.

#3749 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks for opening up my mind to your sensitivity regarding plastic toys. I apologize if metaphor and sarcastic analogy offended you or was perhaps over a certain mental threshold. I will strive to make my points in a strictly literal sense from now on. Although, I do agree with you that the adjective, "pitiful" is probably apt since argung about a piece of plastic is exactly that. So, ya I am guilty in that sense.

I have nothing against you , but Barney and Tele-tubbies have no comparison to the gangster theme JJP are doing with the Godfather . You doubled downed , so I made a counterpoint

No hard feelings .

#3750 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK, you got me it is a childrens' comedy like Deer Hunter.

Oh, I get it, it one of those things you know it when you see it, but can’t say why. It‘s serious because you say so. Cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Station, NY
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/75?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.