WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 103.
#3601 1 year ago

I'm curious as well to see what tells the game what "model" it is. Would be cool to get the Dialed In CE code for the custom messages on the display in the game.

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Plus the software running the LE won’t operate the CE topper

All JJP has to do is code it for the LE if it’s not already in the code and add it as an add on accessory. I don’t think it would take anything away from CE owners to offer it to LE owners either. I still would have gotten the CE even if the same topper was already available for the LE.

It makes sound financial sense for them to offer it since it’s already designed and tooling is available to keep making them.

Quoted from Laithan:

This is my first JJP so I have yet to even see inside but, looking at the download page there is only one download (ISO) for both the LE and CE code. Either this means if you can hook up the topper it will just work or in addition you might have to fool the game into thinking you have a CE somewhow.

Further confirmation it’s likely already in the code.

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It makes sound financial sense for them to offer it since it’s already designed and tooling is available to keep making them.

At $1700 for a new Rush topper, the market agrees with you.

#3604 1 year ago

I’m all for JJP doing this. I don’t care if they make extra money from it, I want them to succeed and people would buy it so why not offer it.

#3605 1 year ago

Yep, my Rush topper is on order.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got one coming, paid for, and love the look of what i see so far, but you are joking right?
Highly doubt they sell 1k at $15k but IF they do it would be fortunate to hold its value, thinking $13k down the road.

That's kind of my plan. If GF CE drops a bit and PF LE climbs a bit it could be an even swap down the road. Or at least a swap into an LE.

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

All JJP has to do is code it for the LE if it’s not already in the code and add it as an add on accessory. I don’t think it would take anything away from CE owners to offer it to LE owners either. I still would have gotten the CE even if the same topper was already available for the LE.

Further confirmation it’s likely already in the code.

I can see the topper settings in the menu on my LE…not sure if it would work though.

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

can see the topper settings in the menu on my LE…not sure if it would work though.

Sounds promising! Thanks for checking and reporting. Hope you’re enjoying your game!

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got one coming, paid for, and love the look of what i see so far, but you are joking right?
Highly doubt they sell 1k at $15k but IF they do it would be fortunate to hold its value, thinking $13k down the road.

I picked up my LE today and my distro said he was allocated 3 CE's and had 9 people on the list the second it dropped. I personally think there's a segment out there that buys every CE (JJP) or LE (Stern) that's released.
I don't have have that kind of green but I'm sure there's at least 1000 others that do.

#3610 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I picked up my LE today and my distro said he was allocated 3 CE's and had 9 people on the list the second it dropped. I personally think there's a segment out there that buys every CE (JJP) or LE (Stern) that's released.
I don't have have that kind of green but I'm sure there's at least 1000 others that do.

Ya think? I mean, a very keen observation to be sure..

#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

don't have have that kind of green

Don’t have that kind of green also still ordered a CE. Cut my private expenses to almost 0 this and the next 2 months to somehow pay the CE money. Still have 6k to pay and atm don’t know where this will come from. In that regard allow me to point out I had to pay 3k EU import tax so my CE bill was 18k.

Bc of these heavy prices buyers bleed out. The releases this year were developed on the asset/crypto boom 18 months ago and now get payed by a wallet deathrattle bc times have changed. Another round of those prices cant be paid bc wallets are dead.

#3612 1 year ago

Well see who's laughing in a year or two. Remember this and hit me back then...

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yep, my Rush topper is on order.

Selling my Rush before the topper came out and all the accessories was one of the best pinball moves for me to date!

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ya think? I mean, a very keen observation to be sure..

Thanks!

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the USB dongle tells the machine what featureset to use.

This is the correct answer. If the topper is designed by the OEM to work only on the CE, then the code will only operate it if it's connected to a machine running CE software. The dongle determines this.

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

This is the correct answer. If the topper is designed by the OEM to work only on the CE, then the code will only operate it if it's connected to a machine running CE software. The dongle determines this.

would generally interesting how the topper is connected, via Molex or USB-C or Cat5?
I don’t have a GF but saw onsite distributor that they changed under PF from Cat5 connection (like GnR) to USB. not the most solid solution I suspect

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Selling my Rush before the topper came out and all the accessories was one of the best pinball moves for me to date!

LOL, I see your logic. How did you fare in that sale?

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

LOL, I see your logic. How did you fare in that sale?

Yeah. It's like if I would have kept it I would have been involved in the Rush accessions cash grab. So now that it is gone, I no longer have to worry about it!

Rush was a somewhat difficult sell. I didn't have people knocking down my door to buy it, that's for sure. I honestly think it's a good game but collectors seem to over look it or just don't care about it. I am guessing the theme has a big roll in it. For me... The game made me become more of a fan of the band because I really didn't know much about them when I bought the pin. In the end, it just did not have that lasting appeal for me like the other two games that I own. Rush is one of those games that the shots can feel so good when you make them and so bad when you don't. A miss to the time machine and a hit to the ramp to it made me feel like I was running the ball into a brick wall.

#3619 1 year ago

Slow sell doesnt surprise me. Rush had the same experience getting into the hall of fame.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

A miss to the time machine and a hit to the ramp to it made me feel like I was running the ball into a brick wall.

I wouldnt know what you're talking about since I have a Pro...

#3620 1 year ago

Read on the internet that the pinball machine suffered from different sdtm. Here locally (internaute cafe, Tournai) about 30 games played and not a single ball sdtm. The flipper was perfectly adjusted. Looking forward to my purchase.

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

Read on the internet that the pinball machine suffered from different sdtm. Here locally (internaute cafe, Tournai) about 30 games played and not a single ball sdtm. The flipper was perfectly adjusted. Looking forward to my purchase.

I just got mine set up tonight and played about a dozen games. I can confirm that SDTM was very rare and only happened when I didn't hit a clean shot on the ramps or orbits (which is fair, imo). The game shoots amazingly well with a great variety of shots. Some harder than others but super satisfying when you hit them. Hope you get your game soon! I think you'll love it.

#3622 1 year ago

Some of you know me as the sucker who made hot rail-synched cabinet lights for GNR. I own that machine and what started out as a passion project, I ended up making a handful of them for other GNR owners. A couple of people have asked me about making them for The Godfather but don’t have their machines yet, and if I were to take on the project, I’d want to verify a few things under the playfield and get a tester or two. If such a thing is of interest to you, and you have your LE (CEs already have their own cabinet lights), send me a PM! Heck, if you just have interest in them for your future machine send me a PM so I can figure out if a run would be worth it.

Here’s the lights in action on a GNR if you’re not even sure what I’m talking about. They add a whole new level of spectacle to an already spectacle-driven game

https://bit.ly/3InSybq

#3623 1 year ago

Definitely a fan of your hyperlytes. Easy install, nice clean look as well.

#3624 1 year ago

Yep, I've already got Front row seats to DJ 's HYPERLYTES show. Great mod. Very well done.

#3625 1 year ago

Does Godfather update automatically to 1.04 now (assuming you have Wi-Fi) or must we manually update the code like with past pins? Seems like we should be at the point where code updates like smart TVs, just click “yes” when it says updates available.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does Godfather update automatically to 1.04 now (assuming you have Wi-Fi) or must we manually update the code like with past pins? Seems like we should be at the point where code updates like smart TVs, just click “yes” when it says updates available.

Automatic if you're connected via wifi. Manual is still available, too.

#3627 1 year ago

Any good streams with the latest code?

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Any good streams with the latest code?

I guess here: https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1777630153

#3630 1 year ago

Find out tonight if it turns into a cat when the head is folded down!

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Some of you know me as the sucker who made hot rail-synched cabinet lights for GNR. I own that machine and what started out as a passion project, I ended up making a handful of them for other GNR owners. A couple of people have asked me about making them for The Godfather but don’t have their machines yet, and if I were to take on the project, I’d want to verify a few things under the playfield and get a tester or two. If such a thing is of interest to you, and you have your LE (CEs already have their own cabinet lights), send me a PM! Heck, if you just have interest in them for your future machine send me a PM so I can figure out if a run would be worth it.
Here’s the lights in action on a GNR if you’re not even sure what I’m talking about. They add a whole new level of spectacle to an already spectacle-driven game
https://bit.ly/3InSybq

PM sent

#3632 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Find out tonight if it turns into a cat when the head is folded down!

Spoiler, it becomes a horse!

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Great if they put some Moe Greene
Footage in

No footage ( I've seen ) but he is included .

IMG_20230401_031150 (resized).jpgIMG_20230401_031150 (resized).jpg
#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Automatic if you're connected via wifi. Manual is still available, too.

I don’t see an automatic option on my LE. Only USB. On the JJP website, only info for update is USB. Do you see something I don’t?

512B1516-43FC-401A-9942-78188E0FA0CE (resized).jpeg512B1516-43FC-401A-9942-78188E0FA0CE (resized).jpeg
#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I don’t see an automatic option on my LE. Only USB. On the JJP website, only info for update is USB. Do you see something I don’t?
[quoted image]

Have you connected it to your WiFi in the Settings->Network Settings? If that's connected correctly, you should get a "Download Update" option in addition to the USB Update.

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

This youtube video explains it on a GNR. I followed it on my GF and it was the same. Should be good to update over wifi after you follow the steps. Hope this helps!

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you connected it to your WiFi in the Settings->Network Settings? If that's connected correctly, you should get a "Download Update" option in addition to the USB Update.

Thanks! I’m sure I haven’t logged in yet. I’ll do the tomorrow.

Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

This youtube video explains it on a GNR. I followed it on my GF and it was the same. Should be good to update over wifi after you follow the steps. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys!

#3638 1 year ago

This is amazing advertisement when you can get Slash to tweet about your pin!!!
He has 10 million followers!

FFAA5BA1-744C-4E4E-B14B-4A17363E602C (resized).jpegFFAA5BA1-744C-4E4E-B14B-4A17363E602C (resized).jpeg
#3639 1 year ago

I played an LE for the first time yesterday and think the game is a blast. Nice shots, art looks great and the stained glass on the playfield looks particularly cool and very helpful. Anyway, ill be playing this on route many more times!

#3640 1 year ago

I had no idea anyone was actually working at JJP on a Saturday but Jen just called for my CE balance so I guess it’s coming soon!

#3641 1 year ago

FWIW, I played it last night on the Bro stream and absolutely loved it. It's potentially as good as Pirates, maybe better, too soon to tell. And I think Pirates is JJP's best.

The game looks absolutely beautiful in person, from the art, to the display, to the molds and powder coating. I don't think it could be better looking if it tried.

Shots were tight but intuitive and felt rewarding.

Only frustration I felt was getting STDM drains from the bad guy lock up top. I didn't have any drains off the upper flipper like others have experienced.

While Bro may be sponsored by JJP, that doesn't mean I love every game. This will be my first JJP game since Pirates and I can't tell you how excited I am to take delivery of GF. The last time I was this excited was when I got Pirates back in 2018.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Every “The Godfather” pinball machine comes with this note. Spooky, CGC and AP don’t need to include this. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Mirco

FWIW, I played it last night on the Bro stream and absolutely loved it. It's potentially as good as Pirates, maybe better, too soon to tell. And I think Pirates is JJP's best.
The game looks absolutely beautiful in person, from the art, to the display, to the molds and powder coating. I don't think it could be better looking if it tried.
Only frustration I felt was getting STDM drains from the bad guy lock up top. I didn't have any drains off the upper flipper like others have experienced.
While Bro may be sponsored by JJP, that doesn't mean I love every game. This will be my first JJP game since Pirates and I can't tell you how excited I am to take delivery of GF. The last time I was this excited was when I got Pirates back in 2018.

Not one mention of the sound package though lol

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Mirco

Overall sound ans AV was hit ans miss for me. Some music felt carnival like, callouts were ok, but still a nice overall package!

#3644 1 year ago

This game is getting a lot of positive comments. I hope it's not just all in pity after people's hatred for Toy Story 4 (never played it myself.)

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

This game is getting a lot of positive comments. I hope it's not just all in pity after people's hatred for Toy Story 4 (never played it myself.)

Not me, im subjective.. TS 4 will not grt another .25 from me lol. GF, many more.

#3646 1 year ago

Toy Story is way more entertaining than people say. I sold mine to fund these new games and I kinda miss it.
I’ll get the LE back in here someday. It’s very fun.

#3647 1 year ago

I'm watching your stream right now .
I think the Hobbit and GNR are way better games than Pirates but we all have different opinions .
One thing is certain , all the jjp games play and feel different .
And I agree The Godfather could be one of the best .

#3648 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Haha, you noticed that quickly!

So sound...I'd say I'm neutral on it. It's not bad. When I heard Karl's stream, it seemed worse. In person, it seemed perfectly fine.

The sound stand outs as a weak point b/c everything else is stellar in the game. I'm an unabashed David Thiel fan and he's sorely missed.

So, in summary, sound is not bad, not great. "It gets the job done".

#3649 1 year ago

Haha, you noticed that quickly!
So sound...I'd say I'm neutral on it. It's not bad. When I heard Karl's stream, it seemed worse. In person, it seemed perfectly fine.
The sound stand outs as a weak point b/c everything else is stellar in the game. I'm an unabashed David Thiel fan and he's sorely missed.
So, in summary, sound is not bad, not great. "It gets the job done".

We should start a petition to get David Thiel on sound for all JJP games!!!!!!

#3650 1 year ago

I don’t think TS4 has anything to do with review and opinions of GF.The reason I say this with confidence is because a lot of the reviews are coming from people openly admitting they didn’t expect to like it that much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/73?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.