WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 103.
#3451 1 year ago

Ahh silly me I was searching the club forum . Thanks Lloyd!

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I canceled my Elvira and went Godfather after playing a lot of JJP games in the 2 goddamn years I waited for Elvira. At 10.5k for EHOH and 12 for GF with Invisiglass and a shaker it was a no brainer. If Stern had honored their $7800 price for when I placed my EHOH order? Also no brainer-I wouldn't be on this thread right now lol. That BS and really going deep on Hobbit and POTC in the meantime totally changed my mind. I'm really looking forward to having this game at home. Looks like my LE should arrive in less than a week!

Almost 3 grand holy shit WTF Stern and good for you..

#3453 1 year ago

The 4K premium for a better backlass and a lunchbox for GTF signature edition is also extreme though you have that extra on Elvira there’s nothing extra

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hogbog is pretty thoughtful with his design so hopefully he thought of making that cityscape on the topper removable for situations like yours. It's not that uncommon.

That would be amazing!

#3455 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Just not a lot of active posting so it sinks down in the pages. Last post was 4 days ago.

Plotnik has been pushing down threads the past two days.

pinside.44d7ae3fd0d4e621123d11dc0f56457e1d33a76e (resized).jpegpinside.44d7ae3fd0d4e621123d11dc0f56457e1d33a76e (resized).jpeg
#3456 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I canceled my Elvira and went Godfather after playing a lot of JJP games in the 2 goddamn years I waited for Elvira. At 10.5k for EHOH and 12 for GF with Invisiglass and a shaker it was a no brainer. If Stern had honored their $7800 price for when I placed my EHOH order? Also no brainer-I wouldn't be on this thread right now lol. That BS and really going deep on Hobbit and POTC in the meantime totally changed my mind. I'm really looking forward to having this game at home. Looks like my LE should arrive in less than a week!

I basically did the same. I sold my EHOH NIB with the topper and ordered a CE. GF just has me way more excited then anything Stern. JJP just oozes WOW and EXCITEMENT! I don't get that from Stern these days plus their customer service is horrible!

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to worry, I live for deep rulesets. I'll sort it out and explain it when I get one.
If you want to chip in $2500 so I can buy a CE at the correct price, I'll order it today.

Did you sell your GNR CE to make room for it?

#3459 1 year ago

No good Mods for the Godfather available?

#3460 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

No good Mods for the Godfather available?

A little early.

I still need to temp test it, but flippers will probably benefit from a ZEN kit if you play for long sessions. I'm sure other people will come up with stuff to add, but the game is already pretty packed, so not a whole lot to add to the PF, really.

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you sell your GNR CE to make room for it?

Traded for Lebowski, but I’m ready to sell that one. So, kinda?

#3462 1 year ago

Honestly, if I can't figure out how to start a mode/job based on video, I'm going to be out. Even pirates is more intuitive. Heck, AIQ is more intuitive.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Honestly, if I can't figure out how to start a mode/job based on video, I'm going to be out. Even pirates is more intuitive. Heck, AIQ is more intuitive.

Man... I love the rules of POTC. I have had the game for months and I am still figuring out things on it! Hoping for the same with GF.

#3464 1 year ago

What a great day !
Finally got to play The Godfather .
I had every JJP game all to myself
I've had a few of them but when you see them all together , you see how much extra effort they put into their games .
As people have said the GF is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the CE .
Looking at pictures I thought the Playfield looked a bit empty but in reality you see there's so much going on .
Their level of detail on everything is probably the best yet .
I still don't think anything comes close to GNR for a total theme integrated package .
It's easily the fastest jjp game . I can see why people have talked about SDTM because if you're not ready with the top Flipper the ball is gone in a half a second . It's a players game and I think new people will struggle with it .
I loved shooting a shot and not being a 100% sure where the ball would come out .
I didn't find it multiball heavily at all , especially compared to The Hobbit and GNR .
I liked the callouts , the video clips and the modes but the star of the show is the layout and the shots .
I always want to play the game before I commit .
I know I will spend lots of late nights delving deep into the code and I can't wait to get my CE .

IMG20230324144539 (resized).jpgIMG20230324144539 (resized).jpgIMG20230324144552 (resized).jpgIMG20230324144552 (resized).jpg

#3465 1 year ago

I didn't realize what a difference it makes to light whole backglass all the way around the screen. Beautiful.

#3466 1 year ago

Did you buy a LE as a place holder until you can get a CE?

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I didn't realize what a difference it makes to light whole backglass all the way around the screen. Beautiful.

It really does look nice , now I'm going to have to do it for GNR

#3468 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I used to do that, and would if they were at their original pricing model.
At these prices, no way.

Good job JJP, you used to get 2 sales out of me, now you'll get 1 or possibly zero if I end up buying secondhand.

#3469 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I struggle with the idea of doing this every day as I patiently wait.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If you're talking to me , no .
Probably just as long as a wait to get a CE as a LE down here .

#3471 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Why am I having such a hard time finding the owners thread? Is there not one yet? [quoted image]

I've been using this one , it was the first
The mods won't sort it out , so I guess it's up to people power to decide which one it is .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family

#3472 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What a great day !
Finally got to play The Godfather .
I had every JJP game all to myself
I've had a few of them but when you see them all together , you see how much extra effort they put into their games .
As people have said the GF is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the CE .
Looking at pictures I thought the Playfield looked a bit empty but in reality you see there's so much going on .
Their level of detail on everything is probably the best yet .
I still don't think anything comes close to GNR for a total theme integrated package .
It's easily the fastest jjp game . I can see why people have talked about SDTM because if you're not ready with the top Flipper the ball is gone in a half a second . It's a players game and I think new people will struggle with it .
I loved shooting a shot and not being a 100% sure where the ball would come out .
I didn't find it multiball heavily at all , especially compared to The Hobbit and GNR .
I liked the callouts , the video clips and the modes but the star of the show is the layout and the shots .
I always want to play the game before I commit .
I know I will spend lots of late nights delving deep into the code and I can't wait to get my CE .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that was quick. Full credit to Paul for air freighting one down here.

#3473 1 year ago

New update should be available 1.04 with an extra 100 movie call outs.Eric just said in seminar.
That’s awesome !!!
Thank you JJP

#3474 1 year ago

Jack is dressed as the Godfather, petting a stuffed cat.

Eric Meunier just confirmed that JJP is developing their own "thing." (When asked why they dropped Scorbit). Pretty cool.

20230324_181807 (resized).jpg20230324_181807 (resized).jpg
#3475 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Eric Meunier just confirmed that JJP is developing their own "thing." (When asked why they dropped Scorbit). Pretty cool.

Did they say when they are bringing LTG : ) back ?

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Somebody there tee this up!

#3477 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Idk. Butch peel was just outside the room. So I haven't seen a revolving door yet.

Jack said to look up patents on pinball redemption.

#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Butch peel was just outside the room.

He's at the show for CGC. Many pics of him setting up Pulp Fiction.

LTG : )

#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's at the show for CGC. Many pics of him setting up Pulp Fiction.
LTG : )

I know. I was being metaphorical.

#3480 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

New update should be available 1.04 with an extra 100 movie call outs.Eric just said in seminar.
That’s awesome !!!
Thank you JJP

We need Clemenza laughing and Sonny telling to Michael:-"…Bada Bing!”

(Thanks for the good news Wariodolby!)

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

We need Clemenza laughing and Sonny telling to Michael:-"…Bada Bing!”
(Thanks for the good news Wariodolby!)

“You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you put up personally.”

#3482 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

“You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you put up personally.”

… Part II with the Senator

#3483 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Is this uploaded somewhere I’d like to soak in every second of that with repeat here and there can’t think of any better to do with my time

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Is this uploaded somewhere I’d like to soak in every second of that with repeat here and there can’t think of any better to do with my time

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1774612081?t=00h56m02s

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

That’s awesome !!!
Thank you JJP

I'm glad to see they are heading in the right direction with the God Father.

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

They sure are! Do you suppose the surveys they sent to JJP owners made a difference? It’s nice to hear the positive feedback from TPF.

#3487 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you suppose the surveys they sent to JJP owners made a difference?

I think I vaguely remember one of those and complaining about the decision to go with Toy Story 4 instead of the whole franchise. And how that decision along with the price hike is what cost them a NIB on it from me.

#3488 1 year ago

1.04 code is already posted <Noice!>

Hoping someone posts a stream with the new code.

#3489 1 year ago

The CE topper is sick !

#3490 1 year ago

Sweet, we can see the movement a little better now. I like that it isn't just horizontal and mixes it up a little bit. Almost looked to me like the left one was binding slightly. So it seems they move during a multiball sequence and to make them fire you have to hit certain targets during MB. I wonder if there are any other interactions that may sync with callouts or something.

#3491 1 year ago

I can't wait to hear the sound of the twin knockers going off in person! (GF CE).

071C3959-9268-43AD-9E1B-143D02B81841.gif071C3959-9268-43AD-9E1B-143D02B81841.gif
#3492 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I can't wait to hear the sound of the twin knockers going off in person! (GF CE).
[quoted image]

Ok how long did you guys stare at this gif before you moved on, be honest....

#3493 1 year ago

I'nm going to do a Twitch Stream from the show at 13:30 local time from my phone - https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

#3494 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

A good 30 seconds .
And then I went back for more

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is a professional topper review. We must ensure that we fully study our topper options.

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'nm going to do a Twitch Stream from the show at 13:30 local time from my phone - https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

…are you in for this title Neil? Do you have in mind a LE or CE?…

That video that screaminr just posted with the topper seems incredible to be so fucking-bada-bap-bada-bip honest!

#3497 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

1.04 code is already posted <Noice!>
Hoping someone posts a stream with the new code.

Awesome - would love to hear updated feedback

#3498 1 year ago
Quoted from Laithan:

1.04 code is already posted

It would be stunning if this update has these 100+ extra callouts. That you can play TG on old code Friday then the rest of TPF on new code. Perfectly timed while AP runs GTF on early Code with no update in sight.

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Indeed they are, my friend. I spoke with Eric for a while. He said he doubled the movie call outs and extended the video clips in the latest code update. Also, if you dislike the Bad Guy call outs you can turn them off. And if ylou feel it's multi-ball heavy, which it is, you can increase the difficulty. Default is the easiest. I've been playing this pin a lot here at TPF and am really enjoying the layout and the way it shoots. It still fells expensive, but I'm still hung up on pre-scamdemic pricing. It is much better than I expected after watching some gameplay videos. I think for most of you, if you don't mind the price, you will be very pleased. Best JJP so far, for me.

#3500 1 year ago

If 1.04 has 100 more movie callouts and extended clips, this game could go from very good to great. From my experience, the shots and gameplay are unique and memorable. For me, Stern has a few pins that feel quite similar, with different themes. Nothing wrong with that, I have GOTG for example and although I don’t personally find it very unique, it’s really fun to play with the extra audio ROMs. This game doesn’t resemble another pin to me. If they fill out the audio/video with GF assets, this game will rock and be a keeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/70?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.