WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 103.
#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nope. I was right in front of it unless it’s a mantis style. It’s possible my eyes are really that bad

Look at the bumped up area around the scoop. That’s the protector.

#3402 1 year ago

@kevinbuffalo, What are your thoughts so far on the game?

#3403 1 year ago

So there's this thread with all the recent new releases, asking which is best.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

Too bad it can't be a multiple choice where everyone gets to pick their choices in order. It's difficult to choose just one with all these great titles happening all at once. Looks like The Godfather, Foo Fighters and Pulp Fiction are in the top 3, with FF leading the pack and GTF right up in there too. Exciting times for pinball.

#3404 1 year ago

My LE arrived today. Unboxing a new pin is always such a treat and privilege. Except if you hurry, make a mistake and end up in the pinball horror thread. I cut all the plastic straps from the game in my garage with the game vertical on the pallet. The box was off. I thought the last strap was around the pallet, and I cut it. The head started heading downward, but I caught the strap! Whew. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I lost focus there. Anyway, no harm done, game set up, and it’s…gorgeous. Just a rich, classy and very handsome art package all around. The playfield, the cab, translite, everything. Even the video content and animations are well done. The light show is dazzling too, with multicolored LEDs making the mode inserts look like stained glass. The left outlane metal guide rail even has a gun etched into it, with the city skyline at the top. Nice attention to detail. Visually, it’s a gangster theme with plenty of Godfather, imho. The custom callouts are pretty ordinary gangster/Cagney stuff. Luckily, you can turn down the callout frequency in settings. There are quite a few GF audio and video clips, but it’s clearly not finished yet. But I did see multiple GF vid clips in each game. I was satisfied with the early code. The bones and rules are there for a very deep, thoughtful game. Maybe too complex, with a GOT feeling when choosing a family at the start. As for play, it feels like a different shooter than any game I’ve played. Very unique, creative. Not a lazy design at all. Some feel it’s part Wonka, part DI, etc. For me, it felt like TZ and GNR. Like, you aren’t always sure where the ball will end up next, or exactly when a diverter will change the path. It’s fun to shoot, but not exactly the smoothest shooter ever. The upper flipper shots aren’t easy, but I’m new to it. I was hitting the hideout by the last few games. The mini orbit/horseshoe behind the bad guy is deadly. SDTM material. You can deflect the left side with the upper flipper. The right side was trouble for me. And get your right flipper ready if the ball is sailing down that right wireform. Yikes. It takes a bounce off that standup and is past your flipper if you blink. But I got used to it fast. The multiballs are heavy, but you can make each mb mode more difficult to begin, so to each their own.
I think the final verdict on GF is up to JJP still. This one has enough character and originality in the shots to be a keeper, if they pour more GF assets into the code. I wanna hear lotsa dialogue from that long movie. There is enough content there to fill it out, if they are committed to doing it. I’m impressed, and hopeful, and not at all disappointed.
427F3621-AF03-453C-AC70-70049940E309 (resized).jpeg427F3621-AF03-453C-AC70-70049940E309 (resized).jpeg6FD64611-91DA-4A32-8C60-EF57D9B1367A (resized).jpeg6FD64611-91DA-4A32-8C60-EF57D9B1367A (resized).jpegA0C99088-7471-4D7F-BACF-D71ED3B34AAE (resized).jpegA0C99088-7471-4D7F-BACF-D71ED3B34AAE (resized).jpegAE0C5841-D1BA-499F-A472-9CB2782BAB9D (resized).jpegAE0C5841-D1BA-499F-A472-9CB2782BAB9D (resized).jpeg

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My LE arrived today. Unboxing a new pin is always such a treat and privilege. Except if you hurry, make a mistake and end up in the pinball horror thread. I cut all the plastic straps from the game in my garage with the game vertical on the pallet. The box was off. I thought the last strap was around the pallet, and I cut it. The head started heading downward, but I caught the strap! Whew. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I lost focus there. Anyway, no harm done, game set up, and it’s…gorgeous. Just a rich, classy and very handsome art package all around. The playfield, the cab, translite, everything. Even the video content and animations are well done. The light show is dazzling too, with multicolored LEDs making the mode inserts look like stained glass. The left outlane metal guide rail even has a gun etched into it, with the city skyline at the top. Nice attention to detail. Visually, it’s a gangster theme with plenty of Godfather, imho. The custom callouts are pretty ordinary gangster/Cagney stuff. Luckily, you can turn down the callout frequency in settings. There are quite a few GF audio and video clips, but it’s clearly not finished yet. But I did see multiple GF vid clips in each game. I was satisfied with the early code. The bones and rules are there for a very deep, thoughtful game. Maybe too complex, with a GOT feeling when choosing a family at the start. As for play, it feels like a different shooter than any game I’ve played. Very unique, creative. Not a lazy design at all. Some feel it’s part Wonka, part DI, etc. For me, it felt like TZ and GNR. Like, you aren’t always sure where the ball will end up next, and just when a diverter will change the path. It’s fun to shoot, but not exactly the smoothest shooter ever. The upper flipper shots aren’t easy, but I’m new to it. I was hitting the hideout by the last few games. The mini orbit/horseshoe behind the bad guy is deadly. SDTM material. You can deflect the left side with the upper flipper. The right side was trouble for me. And get your right flipper ready if the ball is sailing down that right wireform. Yikes. It takes a bounce off that standup and is past your flipper if you blink. But I got used to it fast. The multiballs are heavy, but you can make each mb mode more difficult to begin, so to each their own.
I think the final verdict on GF is up to JJP still. This one has enough character and originality in the shots to be a keeper, if they pour more GF assets into the code. I wanna hear lotsa dialogue from that long movie. There is enough content there to fill it out, if they are committed to doing it. I’m impressed, not disappointed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! I’m glad that nothing happened to your Pinball at the beginning, and it’s great to know that the callouts can be turned down… I hope that those callouts will eventually be changed when the code is polished.

Enjoy and thanks for posting this!

#3406 1 year ago

Great review, Pinkitten! Thanks for sharing.

@ Rolls-Royce, the call outs can be turned down, or turned off. I just learned this today.

#3407 1 year ago

One small but baffling omission by JJP…No Cliffy on the office scoop??? Really? My wife half-jokingly observed, “at least the mylar is thick there.” Yep, that it is. That it is indeed.

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn’t understand what I was looking at. Now I see it. A protector with a decal to camouflage it. That’s new!

BCA419AD-8EBE-429E-80A5-1F3BCF288123 (resized).pngBCA419AD-8EBE-429E-80A5-1F3BCF288123 (resized).png

#3408 1 year ago

That's better than a cliffy. It's a protector with a playfield-matched decal to camouflage it.

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

One small but baffling omission by JJP…No Cliffy on the office scoop??? Really? My wife half-jokingly observed, “at least the mylar is thick there.” Yep, that it is. That it is indeed.
[quoted image]

It's not mylar. It's a printed sticker that has the same art as the playfield below it. I believe the lack of a cliffy is because the scoop is so narrow. A protector would probably cause rejects.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not mylar. It's a printed sticker that has the same art as the playfield below it. I believe the lack of a cliffy is because the scoop is so narrow. A protector would probably cause rejects.

Weird!

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

That's better than a cliffy. It's a protector with a playfield-matched decal to camouflage it.

Weird!

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn’t understand what I was looking at. Now I see it. A protector with a decal to camouflage it. That’s new!
[quoted image]

I wouldn't stress , this is my scoop on GNR after a 1000 plays .

IMG20230323191208 (resized).jpgIMG20230323191208 (resized).jpg
#3412 1 year ago

I'll be shocked if JJP adds more movie content in future updates. Usually they pour everything into the original code and there after the updates are very minor so I will be stunted if future updates add much more than already what we are seeing. Sadly... This is were Stern has the upper hand IMO with a lot of titles because they just keep hammering on that code.

I really hope I am wrong.

#3413 1 year ago

So I am concern (because I have drop ceilings) that the CE topper in not going to fit in my basement. I am hoping that the city landscape can be easily removed from the topper because I do think with it removed, it will fit.

108-godfather (resized).jpg108-godfather (resized).jpg
#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I am concern (because I have drop ceilings) that the CE topper in not going to fit in my basement. I am hoping that the city landscape can be easily removed from the topper because I do think with it removed, it will fit.
[quoted image]

Put a ruler from the top of your Pirates and if you've got 8 inches , I think you'll be ok .
That's how high my Fish tales topper is and that's pretty big .

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Put a ruler from the top of your Pirates and if you've got 8 inches , I think you'll be ok .
That's how high my Fish tales topper is and that's pretty big .

Understood but I was told the GF CE Topper is 10" directly from JJP which will not fit.

#3416 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is were Stern has the upper hand IMO with a lot of titles because they just keep hammering on that code.
I really hope I am wrong.

Stern only "adds" more content because they start with so little .
If it was Stern making this game , I doubt they would have pursued Al Pacino for so long and they would have gone with just the title and made it a full-on Mafia game , just like Jurassic Park , Deadpool , Avengers , Ninja Turtles

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Understood but I was told the GF CE Topper is 10" directly from JJP which will not fit.

For this topper I think it's worth cutting a hole in your ceiling

#3418 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For this topper I think it's worth cutting a hole in your ceiling

I just need to remove a panel but still....

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

With the game and topper, I'm pretty sure you're going to need 83-84" of clearance from ground to ceiling. Obviously, the overall height will be determined by how high you set the rear legs.

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

With the game and topper, I'm pretty sure you're going to need 83-84" of clearance from ground to ceiling. Obviously, the overall height will be determined by how high you set the rear legs.

All I know is measuring 10" off POTC, it will not fit.

I currently can not have the LE POTC topper installed, it will not fit but then topper for Stern games do. I had a Stranger Things and the topper fit as well as EHOH.

I guess it is just one of those things, it will either fit or it won't.

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

All I know is measuring 10" off POTC, it will not fit.
I currently can not have the LE POTC topper installed, it will not fit but then topper for Stern games do. I had a Stranger Things and the topper fit as well as EHOH.

The overall height of a Stern game is a few inches shorter than the overall height of a JJP game. I have GnR next to my Godzilla and the top of Godzilla is shorter than GnR.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The overall height of a Stern game is a few inches shorter than the overall height of a JJP game. I have GnR next to my Godzilla and the top of Godzilla is shorter than GnR.

That is probably where my issue is going to be then. Have games from both manufactures but not next to each other.

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I just need to remove a panel but still....

I know it's not ideal , but if you have panels you could cut a slit with a circular saw for the cityscape to go into . Or like you said remove it , maybe take two inches off the legs , depending on how tall you are .
When I renovated the room where my pins are , I told them to make roof as high as possible just for this reason .

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image]

I’ll buy it from you if you can’t make it work. I’ll slap it on my LE.

#3425 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I’ll buy it from you if you can’t make it work. I’ll slap it on my LE.

I know it's hypothetical but how much do you think the toppers could go for ?

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They already said it will be exclusive to the CE. $2G+

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

About $15,000.

#3428 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

KevInBuffalo, What are your thoughts so far on the game?

I haven’t been able to truly get into it yet because my Bad Guy mech isn’t functioning right — it’s been registering false hits but I have a replacement on the way. But even with that I can say my first impression of the game is really good. The layout is incredible and it’s packed with little mechs that you discover over times like the captive ball gate behind the pop bumper. The flippers feel great and the overall experience has been good. Looking forward to digging in once I get the bad guy swapped

#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I haven’t been able to truly get into it yet because my Bad Guy mech isn’t functioning right — it’s been registering false hits but I have a replacement on the way. But even with that I can say my first impression of the game is really good. The layout is incredible and it’s packed with little mechs that you discover over times like the captive ball gate behind the pop bumper. The flippers feel great and the overall experience has been good. Looking forward to digging in once I get the bad guy swapped

With the game setup in your home, and I assume perfectly leveled, are you having the SDTM issue?

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That’s what she said

#3431 1 year ago

I love how they take a picture of you with Slash on GJR but I think they made it even better on The Godfather .

IMG_20230324_021553 (resized).jpgIMG_20230324_021553 (resized).jpgIMG_20230324_020505 (resized).jpgIMG_20230324_020505 (resized).jpg
#3432 1 year ago

Perfect! The goofy Mando topper sells for 1800.00. I could probably unload my R2-D2 topper for 2500.00. If they did offer these outside the CE version they could fetch 2k easily for them. I'm a topper junky and not afraid to admit it!

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

if you've got 8 inches , I think you'll be ok .

Michael Scott That’s What She Said.gifMichael Scott That’s What She Said.gif
#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

With the game setup in your home, and I assume perfectly leveled, are you having the SDTM issue?

I did an initial stream of it on Monday if you want to see it in action: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1771062164?t=00h08m56s

We’re planning to do a proper Bro show on it once the bad guy is behaving himself — that one will go up on YouTube as well.

#3435 1 year ago

Here is a post just for you....

So I am worried about the topper. I wonder if it will "come" attached to the machine or if it will "come in a box"?

I wonder if when "fully erect" and "ontop of the machine", will it be "8 or 10 inches" high?

Maybe I can "jam it up there" but I am going to want to be careful when I "slide it on top" as to not damage it.

Your thoughts?

#3436 1 year ago

932BF577-4077-4EE6-A28E-E01482C228D1.gif932BF577-4077-4EE6-A28E-E01482C228D1.gif
#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I am worried about the topper. I wonder if it will "comes" attached to the machine or if it will "come in a box"?
I wonder if when "fully erect" and "ontop of the machine", will it be "8 or 10 inches" high?
Maybe I can "jam it up there" but I am going to want to be careful when I "slide it on top" as to not damage it.
Your thoughts?

Sounds like a perfect fit!!

#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image]

If the cityscape is removable, that should give you about 2" of clearance back.

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the cityscape is removable, that should give you about 2" of clearance back.

Yeah. I am really hoping that is the case. I mean maybe it just screws on and off there??

Fingers crossed on this one!

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. I am really hoping that is the case. I mean maybe it just screws on and off there??
Fingers crossed on this one!

Hogbog is pretty thoughtful with his design so hopefully he thought of making that cityscape on the topper removable for situations like yours. It's not that uncommon.

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I like the way they implemented the bad guy. It’s a bash target, mostly, with a few different ways it interacts. The single drop target traps the ball, but only briefly. It doesn’t lock any balls for mb or anything. The spinner will bounce the ball around registering hits on the bad guy. There is also a mode where you hit your flippers to slap him around. I assume the hits help you defeat each caporegime? I haven’t advanced very far yet, maybe 25%. But the bad guy isn’t overly important or utilized, in my opinion.

#3442 1 year ago

The attention to detail is really impressive. Check out the laser cut metal lane guides…

3270830B-095F-449C-BF59-E4508CAAEC8F (resized).png3270830B-095F-449C-BF59-E4508CAAEC8F (resized).pngD8760845-D19A-42A1-BB32-A2B25C07C9B0 (resized).jpegD8760845-D19A-42A1-BB32-A2B25C07C9B0 (resized).jpeg
#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I am worried about the topper. I wonder if it will "come" attached to the machine or if it will "come in a box"?
Your thoughts?

I suppose in the box is the topper inside.

DA36C3FD-B951-4AB3-AF2B-8D495DB5BD01 (resized).jpegDA36C3FD-B951-4AB3-AF2B-8D495DB5BD01 (resized).jpeg
#3444 1 year ago

Will there’s at least one CE at the show!

#3445 1 year ago

watched some of the streams

this one needs baby's first tutorial

do you get soldiers to get jobs? to start modes? where do you hit soldiers?

5 families, 5361 skills shots

super confusing

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not played it yet hopefully soon but how does it rate in the code department? I know it’s got a lot of MB and stacking etc. but can you differentiate what’s going on or is it just madness with everything blinking? I played GnR and often found it was just too overwhelming that I didn’t like it when everything was flashing all the time.
I’m debating to get this instead of Elvira partly because I’ve been reading on Elvira how much variation in build quality some new build need just about everything fixed to get it playing correctly. I don’t know if I’m up to that as t again after my RnM experience.

I canceled my Elvira and went Godfather after playing a lot of JJP games in the 2 goddamn years I waited for Elvira. At 10.5k for EHOH and 12 for GF with Invisiglass and a shaker it was a no brainer. If Stern had honored their $7800 price for when I placed my EHOH order? Also no brainer-I wouldn't be on this thread right now lol. That BS and really going deep on Hobbit and POTC in the meantime totally changed my mind. I'm really looking forward to having this game at home. Looks like my LE should arrive in less than a week!

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

watched some of the streams
this one needs baby's first tutorial
do you get soldiers to get jobs? to start modes? where do you hit soldiers?
5 families, 5361 skills shots
super confusing

Not to worry, I live for deep rulesets. I'll sort it out and explain it when I get one.

If you want to chip in $2500 so I can buy a CE at the correct price, I'll order it today.

#3448 1 year ago

Why am I having such a hard time finding the owners thread? Is there not one yet?

1F28CB35-9883-4F07-B462-F9C65A09A7FF.jpeg1F28CB35-9883-4F07-B462-F9C65A09A7FF.jpeg
#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Why am I having such a hard time finding the owners thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-godfather-owners-club

LTG : )

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Why am I having such a hard time finding the owners thread? Is there not one yet? [quoted image]

Just not a lot of active posting so it sinks down in the pages. Last post was 4 days ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Station, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/69?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.