WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 103.
#3351 1 year ago

Since you have a potc ,if you didn’t, would you pay the price those go for now?
Me, hell no just like you with used sterns that high and I am even worse as I am out on nib sterns too .

Quoted from JamCat:Yes I was about to say, I’ve seen Wonka CE steady selling at 14.5 to 15 and even a decent WOZ is going for around 13 (which I would never pay). What kills me is that people are paying 14 for a stranger things or Ghostbusters premium! But then they want to bitch about an awesome cutting edge NIB GF at 12 and 15k. It’s so bipolar….
I’ll take my GF CE at 15k all day before I pay those ridiculous used stern prices. If I play GF for 2 years and lose 1 or 2k on it then so be it. I still own a POTCLE that I got NIB at MSRP so I’m all good.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Can one of you tell me the height of the Godfather CE with topper?

The game on the legs is roughly 73-74" tall. Based on photos, I would estimate the topper adds another 10".

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Me, hell no just like you with used sterns that high and I am even worse as I am out on nib sterns too .

I know this question wasn't directed towards me but as a somewhat recent POTC buyer, I would 100% buy one again. It is easily my favorite pinball machine! I was just offered 20K for mine this past weekend and I passed on selling it.

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The game on the legs is roughly 73-74" tall. Based on photos, I would estimate the topper adds another 10".

^^^This is solid information. I have confirmed, the topper is 10" tall so figure around 86" total height (roughly).

#3355 1 year ago

Played 10-12 games today at the Silverball museum in NJ. First 5 games or so I thought the game was Meh, but it grew on me. It didnt grow on me enough to go buy it for 12k, but well see. Some of my thoughts on the game. It shoots pretty well, not amazing but well. I really like that compound shot but its hard to hit consistently. Harder than the scoop on godzilla as the bumper is closer on GF. I like the left ramp that goes up and down. It may be the way the game was set up but the ball drains SDTM a lot on successful shots like the right ramp. When the ball returns to the playfield the ball goes SDTM unless you time the upper flipper. When you hit the mobster and the ball comes back down sometimes the ball goes sdtm. If you try to hit the right ramp and dont make it up the ball is going sdtm. Multiballs are very close to the start button but I didnt find it to be annoying.

It may be early in code but I didnt think the game had much in the department of movie clips/callouts from the movies. The clips are about 2-3 seconds and there isnt a ton, then again I probably didnt get too deep into the game. The voices of the callouts were terrible in my opnion, I would get sick of them over time.

Ill get laughed at for saying this but I got some good time on TS4 for the first time today as well. I enjoyed my time on it a bit more than GF, but I know that may be different owning the games. TS4 is a very smooth shooter and I had fun playing it. It was just 5 games or so but I had fun. Jump ramp is cool, lightshow is cool. Volume was lower on this one so I didnt get a great feel for callouts/sounds. Felt like a mix of wonka/dialed in to me which is a good thing imho.

Anyways was fun to play both games with a few TZ and IJ in the middle.

#3356 1 year ago

The pendulum switch on my Bad Guy is too sensitive. Anyone know the process for adjusting? No GF manual on the JJP site yet…

#3357 1 year ago

Just got an LE unpacked and set up. It looks FANTASTIC, and the fully lit backglass is really special. Makes it the backglass look more luxe than any of the other JJP machines. Due to the art-deco elements of the backglass design, the full illumination gives it a very "old-hollywood" marquee look that really makes the backbox pop.

They used cooler white for around the monitor (pic without backglass below), and warm white for the "usual" strip at the top. There's a whole new metal backplate that goes around the monitor for the LED strips to be zip-tied to.

main (resized).JPGmain (resized).JPG

My return past the upper flipper hasn't gone SDTM yet, so I either haven't had "that" diversion (faster?) yet or leveling makes a difference. I just eyeballed the level to get it set up, so maybe when I make it perfect it will go SDTM, or maybe it doesn't do it when leveled. We'll see.

The ONLY thing that immediately hit me as not up to the presentation of the other game elements are the callouts. They're not X-MEN level bad, they're just pedestrian, high school theatre. Doesn't match the movie clips and doesn't match the luxe game presentation everywhere else.

#3358 1 year ago

Maybe this is the new JJP model. Get the A + license for title only, with minimal assets. Cuts down on licensor approvals, money and time.

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe this is the new JJP model. Get the A + license for title only, with minimal assets. Cuts down on licensor approvals, money and time.

Those cocksuckers!!

#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Isn't Pirates like that as well?

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Isn't Pirates like that as well?

In comparison to JB60 it's a full of assets!

#3362 1 year ago

Played some more and noticed some other things that I hadn't seen pointed out:

There's a long slot cut through the playfield below the left lane guide that has a LED strip that looks like a mini hotrail and adds extra color there. Neat.

The compound entrance on the right has a thin metal "wall" (not a target, a slice of stainless about the width of a drop target, but only about 2mm thick) that pops up to prevent the ball from coming back out and acts kind of like newton ball enabler when it's up. It suggests fortification of the compound visually. Also cool.

The left orbit is kind of challenging to hit consistently. Because the office is right there, it narrowed the entrance to the orbit so it takes a more precise shot than you would think to hit it.

#3363 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In comparison to JB60 it's a full of assets!

Thats a low bar lol. Eff...

#3364 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

No I wouldn’t pay the 18 to 20k for used pirates but I would pay 15k if I didn’t own it already. GF CE just happened to check the right boxes for me and compared to the barren and shallow TS4 and used sterns going for the same price range, it looks like the best deal to me. TS4 was an 8k game at best.

#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from magickeys:

It’s a standard body

Wish all standards pins by others had this much stuff in them

#3366 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Wish all standards pins by others had this much stuff in them

Yeah, the first thing I said when I got GFLE opened up was Hogbog should have been allowed a widebody for this. It really looks and feels like a widebody crammed into a narrow body. He did a TON with the real estate he was given, but I think his design aesthetic is more at home in a widebody.

#3367 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It really looks and feels like a widebody crammed into a narrow body

Bc you see tight shots bc you pointed out a tight shot so that on a wide body it would have been wider but here they had to tighten that shot bc it is a standard body?

Elsen I don’t see the point.

#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not according to Eric M on the loser kid podcast . He talked about how they got a 40 piece Orchestra to do some of the music , spent months perfecting some gold ink and lots of other interesting stuff .
He did say that they couldn't get Al Cappuccino , eventually he wrote him a letter and said he couldn't do the game Justice if he couldn't use him . Eventually they got him but then they had to redo all the artwork to include him , which some had already been approved .
Apparently the studio was blown away as AL has never let his likeness been used on anything Godfather related before .
https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-t3jaf-17352e7a

#3369 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Looking forward to the Buffalo Pinball stream; however, I just came across this one. Looks interesting.

23.45 is just an example of when i just leave a game.
Not for me.

#3370 1 year ago

I just want to know what number CE Ritchie Wrench bought??

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I just want to know what number CE Ritchie Wrench bought??

Someone said he's out of new pinball. Posted that about him maybe a couple months ago?

#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone said he's out of new pinball. Posted that about him maybe a couple months ago?

Because they wouldn't powder coat his coin door

#3373 1 year ago

There's been a lot of SDTM talk after the IE pinball stream .
Carl is one of the best players in the world but it was his first time on a unique layout that keeps you guessing .
Anyone is interested in or got this game , I highly recommend you check out the flippnout pinball stream .
After seeing the guys who designed and made it and are used to playing it , and explaining everything . Any concerns I had are gone .
I still have to play it for myself .
Looks like an awesome layout with deep complex rules , which is what I love about Keith's games .
Foo Fighters and Pulp Fiction look like fun games but I think once the dust settles , The Godfather will be in a class of its own .

Check out this video "Jersey Jack Pinball: The Godfather 50th Anniversary LE w/Eric Meunier (design) and Keith Johnson (programming)" https://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball/v/1761588808?sr=a&t=1s

#3374 1 year ago

This stupid comparison like a horserace what’s the best pin revealed q1 23 is mainly fueled by Kaneda. So good you differentiate what’s still hot let’s say after six months. One factor of that is that JJP never had such a mature/amoral/violent theme. I remember Jack saying once that he will produce for everyone but for most pins his main focus will be what (also) women like there he sees his main market ie in men who need wife approval (with kids in mind) and that’s easier with woz hobbit even more imo with wonka and TS4 so TG might be the last if kind for a long time if not forever and that might fuel eternal hotness.

#3375 1 year ago

mainly fueled by Kaneda.

541FA2DF-D2F7-47D2-8E4E-F22817F6CE13.gif541FA2DF-D2F7-47D2-8E4E-F22817F6CE13.gif
#3376 1 year ago

I’ve not played it yet hopefully soon but how does it rate in the code department? I know it’s got a lot of MB and stacking etc. but can you differentiate what’s going on or is it just madness with everything blinking? I played GnR and often found it was just too overwhelming that I didn’t like it when everything was flashing all the time.

I’m debating to get this instead of Elvira partly because I’ve been reading on Elvira how much variation in build quality some new build need just about everything fixed to get it playing correctly. I don’t know if I’m up to that as t again after my RnM experience.

#3377 1 year ago

Remember when he said this?

Pinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).png
#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not played it yet hopefully soon but how does it rate in the code department? I know it’s got a lot of MB and stacking etc. but can you differentiate what’s going on or is it just madness with everything blinking? I played GnR and often found it was just too overwhelming that I didn’t like it when everything was flashing all the time.
I’m debating to get this instead of Elvira partly because I’ve been reading on Elvira how much variation in build quality some new build need just about everything fixed to get it playing correctly. I don’t know if I’m up to that as t again after my RnM experience.

There’s been quite a few early reveiws that indicate it’s better in the MB area of play.And I can also assume by early reporting of only minor adjustments of switches.

#3379 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Remember when he said this?
[quoted image]

New in box elvira still available at distros. I guess stern outpriced themselves on that debacle.

#3380 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

New in box elvira still available at distros. I guess stern outpriced themselves on that debacle.

They won't last. It's a great game but a fan lay out. It plays a bit too easy for my taste. I would love to have kept the one I bought but GF CE had me salivating a bit more.

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

They won't last. It's a great game but a fan lay out. It plays a bit too easy for my taste. I would love to have kept the one I bought but GF CE had me salivating a bit more.

Any concerns with the feedback people have been giving in reference to lack of assets and terrible call outs? Or do you attribute that to just early coding?

#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Any concerns with the feedback people have been giving in reference to lack of assets and terrible call outs? Or do you attribute that to just early coding?

I own POTC and the call outs are really good and only from one actor so I wasn't expecting much out of this game. Same things with the assets, at first it was a game killer but after you really dive deep into the game's code, it doesn't even hold much weight IMO.

As far as coding goes, I think they will continue to tweak the game and make it better but I don't think in the end you are going to see something radically different than what is currently being presented.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

One factor of that is that JJP never had such a mature/amoral/violent theme. I remember Jack saying once that he will produce for everyone but for most pins his main focus will be what (also) women like there he sees his main market ie in men who need wife approval (with kids in mind) and that’s easier with woz hobbit even more imo with wonka and TS4 so TG might be the last if kind for a long time if not forever and that might fuel eternal hotness.

I believe that what Jack said that JJP will only make “Family” themed pins. You can’t get more “Family” than The Godfather.

#3384 1 year ago

Haha yes that was the glitch in the matrix

#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Elvira has had its day in the sunshine but let's be real here, for not much more you can get a Godfather LE! I have personally never seen the appeal of Stern's Elvira at the asking prices (I'm sure it's good, just not for me).

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Elvira has had its day in the sunshine but let's be real here, for not much more you can get a Godfather LE! I have personally never seen the appeal of Stern's Elvira at the asking prices (I'm sure it's good, just not for me).

I think Elvira is a great game with an excellent theme but it has a very cookie cutter layout.

EVERYTHING pinball is $$$!!! Sadly....

#3387 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I see your point, Godfather LE comes with shaker and invisible glass included (correct).

However Tron pro is pushing $10k so there’s got to be something in a certain pin besides it’s weight or shot count.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I see your point, Godfather LE comes with shaker and invisible glass included (correct).

Tron pro is pushing $10k so there’s got to be something in a certain pin besides it’s weight or shot count.

#3389 1 year ago

This is old but worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This video reminds me of the awesome in-depth WOZ and Hobbit videos they put out a while back with Butch Peel. I wish they continued doing that for each game.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I haven't seen that before. Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have confirmed, the topper is 10" tall so figure around 86" total height (roughly).

74" + 10" = 84"

#3393 1 year ago

Take into consideration leg pitch.

#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the first thing I said when I got GFLE opened up was Hogbog should have been allowed a widebody for this. It really looks and feels like a widebody crammed into a narrow body. He did a TON with the real estate he was given, but I think his design aesthetic is more at home in a widebody.

I talked to Eric if widebodies wil still be made at JJP in the future when he was here in the Netherlands in november and its not an issue of being allowed. Designers are free to use their format as they see fit. So this being in a standard body is his choice.

#3395 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I talked to Eric if widebodies wil still be made at JJP in the future when he was here in the Netherlands in november and its not an issue of being allowed. Designers are free to use their format as they see fit. So this being in a standard body is his choice.

Maybe in the same way no subways at Stern is the designer's "choice." BoM is severely penalized to discourage it or something?

Because there was a proclamation at JJP after PotC (I wish I had a link) that they were done making widebodies as a company. I remember it. Hopefully Hogbog goes back to widebody next, if it's really in his purview.

#3396 1 year ago

Please JJP, add scoop protectors on these LEs.

F7F3F428-1641-4091-9BC9-4543A9845831 (resized).jpegF7F3F428-1641-4091-9BC9-4543A9845831 (resized).jpeg

#3397 1 year ago

It’s there, it’s clear.

#3398 1 year ago

I was going to say....isn’t that one on there, clear?

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

It’s there, it’s clear.

It's not clear. It's a printed sticker that goes over the art. I think the reason it doesn't have a protector is it's a narrow scoop, like KISS so a protector would narrow it further and cause rejects.

#3400 1 year ago

Nope. I was right in front of it unless it’s a mantis style. It’s possible my eyes are really that bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/68?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.