WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 103.
#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for input.
Can’t wait for other owners to chime in too.
Come on Eric and JJP - I like the Risk game board approach and it looks like a good JJP shooter (nice) - but let’s keep getting those GF assets in the game!

I think you can count on it.Games are never complete initially.Wonka is a good comparison of what they generally do.

#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

at the bottom of the list of Criminal Activities, Wired headphones. Was this just for Karl?

Haha, I added that. It's not a Karl, Karl, Karl, Karl, Karl. But it would be funny if pinball_keefer put something in there for Karl's initials like Elwin did for Godzilla.

#3254 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Come on Eric and JJP - I like the Risk game board approach and it looks like a good JJP shooter (nice) - but let’s keep getting those GF assets in the game!

Maybe Hogbog can hop in this thread and help alleviate some concerns. There are plenty of fans of his work on this game in here with some great input, lots of owners excited to talk about this game as well.

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I make rules solely for Bowen Kerins and me so the casual player who throws a few quarters in for a few minutes of fun doesn’t see lights. It’s bc that game has some stuff in it. So I give something to them some reaction to a shot that has nothing to do with the rules but i hate to say they won’t getting to the rules anyway so it doesnt matter.

What is this from? Keefer said this in a talk? This can't possibly be real.

#3256 1 year ago

This game is FUN! Was lucky enough to get to play one this weekend.

Idea/Request: I'm hoping they can add in player's pictures/names based on the family they played for into the caporegime for future code updates. Would be cool to have other high score players show up as a capo to eliminate other than just all the JJP people.

45A8FBBB-E88C-44B7-8122-2246CE40EC3F (resized).jpeg45A8FBBB-E88C-44B7-8122-2246CE40EC3F (resized).jpeg
#3257 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Can the custom call outs be turned off in the menu? Not just the pro tips. All the custom call outs. I can't stand them.
Wish they just stuck to the movie dialogue, which is there is very little of.

Yeah, besides the main callout guy (which is decent) the others are pretty lackluster and some downright terrible IMO. Callouts are a huge step down from TS4 which has custom callouts from 3 of the movies voice actors (well 2 + Tom Hanks brother). Same goes for Guns n Roses which has custom callouts by Slash and other band members. Hopefully more movie callouts are added to Godfather and maybe some custom ones related to the mode the player is in.

Are some of the custom callouts in Godfather being done by JJP staff or is it just their photos being used?

Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for input.
Can’t wait for other owners to chime in too.

Not being able to use audio and video of Fredo has unfortunately cut down on some of the films most iconic lines and scenes being implemented. What a bummer Meryl Streep shot down John Cazale character being used in the pinball machine. Having him in the game would have honored him if anything.

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, besides the main callout guy (which is decent) the others are pretty lackluster and some downright terrible IMO. Callouts are a huge step down from TS4 which has custom callouts from 3 of the movies voice actors (well 2 + Tom Hanks brother). Same goes for Guns n Roses which has custom callouts by Slash and other band members. Hopefully more movie callouts are added to Godfather and maybe some custom ones related to the mode the player is in.
Are some of the custom callouts in Godfather being done by JJP staff or is it just their photos being used?

Not being able to use audio and video of Fredo has unfortunately cut down on some of the films most iconic lines and scenes being implemented. What a bummer Meryl Streep shot down John Cazale character being used in the pinball machine. Having him in the game would have honored him if anything.

There's definitely reasons for it.

I remember reading this a few years back. A good piece, and a five minute read for anyone interested in their back story, and the most likely sense of reasoning as to why Streep is so overly protective.

It definitely sounds like their connection shaped her life, and I'd assume even touching that nerve shivers her.

And we'll, she's an actress, and most likely not really a frivolous, carefree person, and more than likely takes herself and her life way too seriously.

So yeah, in short, Cazale is off grounds territory.

https://nypost.com/2016/04/23/the-tragic-romance-that-shaped-meryl-streeps-life/

#3259 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This can't possibly be real.

So you view J as a streamliner as someone whos not thinking out of the box and still comes up with these rulesets....bonus content totally offtopic sry but you just itched me to confuse you more (from same talk):

"For example the final wizard mode on POC will need 31 main modes to qualify there will only be an end if you get through all 31 modes. But when you finished that what then what can excite the player after that? Carribean auction? So in that regard it may be best to give the player the feeling he has unfinished business."

After that he confirmed that the folder for the final wizard mode is there without working code. There werent any further questions bc noone thought that might mean J sees the POC ruleset best without final wizard mode.

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So these are foil ?
They just looked like normal decals to me .
[quoted image]

On some games it’s more obvious than others. Iron Maiden and Iron Man for example stand out. On Rush and Godzilla you don’t really notice it as much - whole decal looks more like brushed metal, particularly on the parts of the art that are meant to be metal.

IMG_6703 (resized).jpgIMG_6703 (resized).jpgIMG_6703 1 (resized).jpgIMG_6703 1 (resized).jpgIMG_6707 (resized).jpgIMG_6707 (resized).jpg
#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

So you view J as a streamliner as someone whos not thinking out of the box and still comes up with these rulesets....bonus content totally offtopic sry but you just itched me to confuse you more (from same talk):
"For example the final wizard mode on POC will need 31 main modes to qualify there will only be an end if you get through all 31 modes. But when you finished that what then what can excite the player after that? Carribean auction? So in that regard it may be best to give the player the feeling he has unfinished business."

After that he confirmed that the folder for the final wizard mode is there without working code. There werent any further questions bc noone thought that might mean J sees the POC ruleset best without final wizard mode.

I don’t know who J is. Can you post a link to the source please?

#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:What is this from? Keefer said this in a talk? This can't possibly be real.

As someone who owns 2 games, Metallica and Halloween, we all know Metallica is a masterpiece rule and depthwise, but if I have complete newbs playing either, its much easier to say"shoot the funny dude in the middle and be amazed at the result"! With Halloween. Ya not so much. I could see this line of thinking be prevelant, but not necessarily said outloud. Hook em and keep em coming back.

#3263 1 year ago

What page is being used for an official owners' thread?

#3264 1 year ago

Anyone seen this tilt warning yet?

Where Brando slaps Johnny Fontaine in the face - says “Act like a man”

Seen it on the release vid but don’t think it was in Karl’s Stream.

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

What page is being used for an official owners' thread?

I've been using this one , because it was first .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family#post-7480129

#3266 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Anyone seen this tilt warning yet?
Where Brando slaps Johnny Fontaine in the face - says “Act like a man”
Seen it on the release vid but don’t think it was in Karl’s Stream.

Try the owners thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family#post-7480129
Had any luck finding a CE , I heard a lot went to Europe .

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've been using this one , because it was first .

Hey thanks, I just checked it out.

CCD6FC8B-DF4F-4F63-AA36-6F9C118C32C5.gifCCD6FC8B-DF4F-4F63-AA36-6F9C118C32C5.gif
#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey thanks, I just checked it out.
[quoted image]

Pretty annoying having two competing Club threads , I don't care which one but I hope the mods sort it out .

#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Try the owners thread
Had any luck finding a CE , I heard a lot went to Europe .

Hey man,

I had room for one more pin, ….I hate moving things on so when I couldn’t get GF CE … I jumped on Pulp Fiction LE.
You are correct, fair few went to Europe…
Sods law but kinda tempted to look into any floating around there.
My Mrs. will hang, draw and quarter me though as I convinced her, one more not two …lol

#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey man,
I had room for one more pin, ….I hate moving things on so when I couldn’t get GF CE … I jumped on Pulp Fiction LE.
You are correct, fair few went to Europe…
Sods law but kinda tempted to look into any floating around there.
My Mrs. will hang, draw and quarter me though as I convinced her, one more not two …lol

Well done on Pulp Fiction looks like it could be be a really fun game .
Besides GF , out of all the new games that's the one I would want .

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well done on Pulp Fiction looks like it could be be a really fun game .
Besides GF , out of all the new games that's the one I would want .

You could buy a GF right now play it for two years sell it and then take delivery on you PF

#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You could buy a GF right now play it for two years sell it and then take delivery on you PF

If GF is as fun and shoots as well as I'm hoping , it won't be going anywhere , just like my GNR .

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pretty annoying having two competing Club threads , I don't care which one but I hope the mods sort it out .

They should probably arrest someone for doing so. It's a crime!

#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

They should probably arrest someone for doing so. It's a crime!

It happens all the time . I get why people get excited and want to start one , but don't know why it's taking so long to sort it out .

#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It happens all the time . I get why people get excited and want to start one , but don't know why it's taking so long to sort it out .

It's a pinball website, take everything with a grain of salt bro.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Idea/Request: I'm hoping they can add in player's pictures/names based on the family they played for into the caporegime for future code updates. Would be cool to have other high score players show up as a capo to eliminate other than just all the JJP people.

I've heard nothing but good things about this title, I look forward to seeing it in person.

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It's a pinball website, take everything with a grain of salt bro.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

IMG_20230321_001217 (resized).jpgIMG_20230321_001217 (resized).jpg
#3278 1 year ago

Let's be honest. Pinball is a pretty dorky hobby in general and then you get people on here who get all bent out of shape about the dumbest shit. It's like when I created an owners thread for this game and after it got shutdown, someone comments on here as to how it worked out for me? LOL! Like I'm suppose to care? It's flippin' pinball, who cares!? Stuff like that makes me laugh more than anything so I come here for pinball and I stay for the comedy show!

ENJOY!

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Let's be honest. Pinball is a pretty dorky hobby in general and then you get people on here who get all bent out of shape about the dumbest shit. It's like when I created an owners thread for this game and after it got shutdown, someone comments on here as to how it worked out for me? LOL! Like I'm suppose to care? It's flippin' pinball, who cares!? Stuff like that makes me laugh more than anything so I come here for pinball and I stay for the comedy show!
ENJOY!

You got 11 years, curious, did you start out this wise?

#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You got 11 years, curious, did you start out this wise?

LOL!

I guess we are not counting the newsgroup days?

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LOL!
I guess we are not counting the newsgroup days?

Correct, but that shouldn't change the answer to the question which you didn't answer.

#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Correct, but that shouldn't change the answer to the question which you didn't answer.

Yes. Yes I did.

#3283 1 year ago

CE confirmed to be at Texas Pinball Festival.

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Good suggestions!
Had a friend play one over the weekend as well and waiting to hear more about it today.
Look forward to trying one at TPF.

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

CE confirmed to be at Texas Pinball Festival.

I think JJP are bringing three CE’s and seven LE’s.Now that I see this written it seems unlikely they’ll be that many but it’s what I was told

#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think JJP are bringing three CE’s and seven LE’s.Now that I see this written it seems unlikely they’ll be that many but it’s what I was told

Hopefully they are also bringing a Pirates and GNR code update! Lol sorry couldn't resist.

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ya know I was playing POTC last night and I got a match which reminded me how loud a real knocker is. Imagine 6 of them firing off and on at that show!

#3288 1 year ago

On a side note can someone tell me the type of cloth you use to clean invisaglass?I use sprayway from Sam’s.I’m having a brain glitch on cloth

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

On a side note can someone tell me the type of cloth you use to clean invisaglass?I use sprayway from Sam’s.I’m having a brain glitch on cloth

Microfiber

#3290 1 year ago

Thank you I guess I’ve been using the right stuff but it’s hard to get rid of the streaks

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Metallica is a masterpiece rule and depthwise, but if I have complete newbs playing either, its much easier to say"shoot the funny dude in the middle and be amazed at the result"!

In general Stern hits the middleground between casual (location) and regular (home) play thats the brilliancy of Gary Stern and prob also of Gomez bc you see this rule policy throughout their games. Its bc Gary is only fueled by max profit thats and for that he relentlessly experimented to find the sweetspot between these 2 to trigger max sales.

For JJP Johnson (Keefer) was the biggest reason of the succees yes Jack brought in the money and kept things organised and afloat but Johnson executed the plan of getting max marketshare from Stern not with flatter/easier rulepolicy or same as Stern but with deeper and much more complex rules. Rules you cant grasp if you dont sit down and study the 40+ pages rulebook for hours days and weeks like studying chess. A byproduct of these deep rules was the installment of lcd to present them multiwindowed. After success Jack experimented with the sweetspot of Stern so for DI he pulled Johnson out of rules. Yes DI is a good game but that didnt result in more sales and that was dangerous bc Stern now also installled LCD, packed more into games and beat JJP clearly in built quality. So Jack immediately put Johnson back into rules and he did every game after this. Jack knows these eccentric slightly insane Johnson rulesets will never attract the majority of players but he realised thats the only route JJP can sail longterm.

tl/dnr If Johnson is somehow out for more than 1 game JJP is toast.

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thank you I guess I’ve been using the right stuff but it’s hard to get rid of the streaks

Probably the glass cleaner you're using.

Use a 50/50 solution of isopropryl alcohol and distilled water, as suggested by the packed-in docs.

#3293 1 year ago

I use Sprayway, no issues here. Love that stuff!

#3294 1 year ago

I use a different brand of foaming glass cleaner seemingly identical to Sprayway, and it's by far the least streaky product I've ever used, any kind of glass.

#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GF looks great in pics. How about in person?

Listen buddy, you may have some IP issues to deal with soon!

#3296 1 year ago

ready for TBF
5293ABB1-A83B-4F32-9CC4-EFB0FFECBB54 (resized).jpeg5293ABB1-A83B-4F32-9CC4-EFB0FFECBB54 (resized).jpeg

#3297 1 year ago

I finally had a chance to play a Godfather LE at ULEK in Monroe, MI over the weekend. This is my initial impression after playing 20 games:

1. This definitely felt more like a mobster/gangster pinball machine with a little Godfather sprinkled in. I wish it was more the other way around.

2. The playfield around the scoop is mylar protected. This desperately needs a Cliffy protector! I think it may get old hearing "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" with the scoop shot, but time will tell.

3. The video clips and animations when starting a job were good, but the sound clips did not appear to be directly from the movie.

4. There were two shots on the game that returned the ball SDTM almost every time. I used the level on my phone to check the game and it was level from side to side. I hope this isn't how the game was designed and supposed to play. It was VERY frustrating! Remembering to use the upper flipper all the time will help with one of these shots. Has anyone else noticed this???

5. The volume wasn't turned up high enough to hear everything, but the sound and callouts seemed ok. A little bit much with the gangster voice callouts and not enough of The Godfather sound clips, but I don't think this is a major issue.

6. The game is beautiful! Again, this was an LE, but the cabinet art, backglass, and playfield looked amazing in person. The CE will be over the top amazing!

7. JJP definitely fixed the flippers and slingshots! The flippers were nice and strong as well as the slings. Much stronger than my GnR. In fact, I would probably turn the sling coils down a bit because the ball was actually getting air if it went back and forth between slings more than 3-4 times.

8. I really didn't notice any random multiballs while playing (like GnR). All multiballs seemed to be earned, and yes, you can start a multiball while another is already in progress. I don't think this is an issue, it's called stacking, and common in pinball.

9. The lighting is incredible! Both gameplay and attract mode look great; right up there with GnR in my opinion, and this will probably get even better with code updates.

10. The Hideout shot was the most difficult shot on the playfield for me, but it felt very rewarding when made.

The arcade that is 4 miles from my house will be getting one in a few weeks, so I will be able to play this a lot more over the next few months. I have a CE on order. I may not have gone all-in on a CE if I had played it first, but I'm not going to change my mind at this point. The game is very fun to shoot and the theme is a homerun in my book. More to come once I have more time on the game...and still looking forward to getting my CE!

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

There were two shots on the game that returned the ball SDTM almost every time.[...] It was VERY frustrating! [...] Has anyone else noticed this???

Yup, not a fan.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, not a fan.

Yeah, don’t like hearing about cheap SDTM but the stream appears to confirm it as well.
Anyone know what shot(s) are causing the drains?
Horseshoe?

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I finally had a chance to play a Godfather LE at ULEK in Monroe, MI over the weekend. This is my initial impression after playing 20 games:
1. This definitely felt more like a mobster/gangster pinball machine with a little Godfather sprinkled in. I wish it was more the other way around.
2. The playfield around the scoop is mylar protected. This desperately needs a Cliffy protector! I think it may get old hearing "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" with the scoop shot, but time will tell.
3. The video clips and animations when starting a job were good, but the sound clips did not appear to be directly from the movie.

I wonder if this is a game-specific issue or if this issue could easily be fixed with code or perhaps a thicker post being added.

My Walking Dead would return the ball SDTM every time the ball returned from the pops. I later added a thicker post, and BOOM, right to the right flipper every time.

Regardless, JJP needs to address this issue if it is a problem.

Regarding code, WE WANT GODFATHER!! Get Cracking on those movie clips Jack!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 11,999.99
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/66?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.