WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 103.
#3201 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Every “The Godfather” pinball machine comes with this note. Spooky, CGC and AP don’t need to include this. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Zoomed in for you old timers.

CE41DC9C-079C-4479-B150-1CE4B32A677F (resized).jpegCE41DC9C-079C-4479-B150-1CE4B32A677F (resized).jpeg
#3202 1 year ago

Does this game have a camera? Sounds like they pulled the playfield lcd, headphone Jack, Scorbit, etc. Haven’t seen anything on camera integration

#3203 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Does this gam have a camera? Sounds like they pulled the playfield lcd, headphone Jack, Scorbit, etc. Haven’t seen anything on camera integration

It does, you can tell when looking at the translite art.

#3204 1 year ago

Does this gam have a camera? Sounds like they pulled the playfield lcd, headphone Jack, Scorbit, etc. Haven’t seen anything on camera integration

Yes! It’s actually used in a cool way.Takes your mug shot and used a bunch during gameplay.

#3205 1 year ago

Sounds like they pulled the playfield lcd, headphone jack, Scorbit, etc.

No playfield LCD or Scorebit. Still has headphone Jack and camera and lots of other stuff. Weighs in around 350 pounds.

#3206 1 year ago

Does this gam have a camera? ... Haven’t seen anything on camera integration

Yeah. It's the best use of it yet. Puts your photo on your "rap sheet" police file showing your family's strength and all the crimes you've committed in the game so far. It's a cool theming of the instant info screen(s). Here's one from Karl's Godfather stream...

godfather-rap-sheet-instant-info (resized).jpggodfather-rap-sheet-instant-info (resized).jpg

Quoted from sevenrites:

Still has headphone Jack

At your knees. Now that Lawlor's not designing anymore maybe JJP will wake up and admit that it's a TERRIBLE place to have a headphone jack.

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Every “The Godfather” pinball machine comes with this note. Spooky, CGC and AP don’t need to include this. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Owners fault.

#3208 1 year ago

Yes. For buying them. Easy fix for that.

#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now that Lawlor's not designing anymore maybe JJP will wake up and admit that it's a TERRIBLE place to have a head phone jack.

Dude, it’s been years you’ve complained about this despite getting a full explanation, you just won’t let it go.

It can’t go higher due to space constraints and it can’t go on the door because then you can’t use a DBV. How is this not clear? Holy crap, get over it already.

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

[quoted image]

I'm sure Micro leant a helping hand in the writing of that.

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Dude, it’s been years you’ve complained about this despite getting a full explanation, you just won’t let it go.

I got excuses, not an explanation that sticks in reality.

Quoted from jwilson:

It can’t go higher due to space constraints and it can’t go on the door because then you can’t use a DBV. How is this not clear? Holy crap, get over it already.

Both of these are BS JJP excuses. How do I know? Because Pre-Lawlor's Dialed-In design makeover (90% of which was great) of JJPs cabinet internals, WOZ and Hobbit BOTH had the headphone connector in the door (on the side furthest from the DBV cutout), and I ALSO ran DBVs on both of them on location. ZERO problems with that setup.

So yeah, there's been excuses, but nothing that sticks. I'll continue to complain about it because it's a STUPID, UNNECESSARY place for the headphone jack. I understand trying to save a buck on the coin doors by not having the WoZ/Hobbit style connector which requires the special cutout in the coin door, but now that the machines are $4k more I think the BoM is there for an extra $10 for the different coin door shell to put the headphone jack back where it worked a LOT better, and admit Lawlor was just wrong on that one.
woz-coindoor (resized).jpgwoz-coindoor (resized).jpg

hobbit-coindoor-sml (resized).jpghobbit-coindoor-sml (resized).jpg

#3212 1 year ago

DI and GNR jacks were both in acceptable locations away from vicinity of groin.
For this, I am pleased.

#3213 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Exactly. We are not buying any more. I am praying that JJP come good with the extra GunnersLE playfields to buy. I want to get a set re cleared. I love the game. So far.. normal. Nothing. Nada.

#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

DI and GNR jacks were both in acceptable locations away from vicinity of groin.
For this, I am pleased.

Haha. Right angle headphone plugs FTW.

Honestly, in a home environment, I think most people are going wireless (hopefully GF supports airpods now). But for location, the higher placement is also less tempting for toddlers to jam stuff into as well (yes, it's happened).

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah. It's the best use of it yet. Puts your photo on your "rap sheet" police file showing your family's strength and all the crimes you've committed in the game so far. It's a cool theming of the instant info screen(s). Here's one from Karl's Godfather stream...
[quoted image]

At your knees. Now that Lawlor's not designing anymore maybe JJP will wake up and admit that it's a TERRIBLE place to have a head phone jack.

Ah, ok good. Seems like you’re gonna miss a lot if you can’t hear this game right

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Have you ever owned a JJP?

#3217 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have you ever owned a JJP?

Yes. Wozecle. JJP OG supporter.

#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep playing.

Some might not understand why Hardys review after 2-3 games was a bit off to say the least.
JJP rules on Hardys review years ago on a panel:

"Many people dont spend the time necessary to explore all the ways in my games. Initially I thought maybe that’s on me for not saying you should try this and this and this…but then I realised most just don’t want to experiment much they „just“ want to play the game. Experimentation is the intention of my games. But many people don’t like the rule variety like I thought they would. My games are journey games. Deep games. I feel the player needs to have a lot to do and a lot to learn to justify the cost. That’s how I drive rule design. I make rules solely for Bowen Kerins and me so the casual player who throws a few quarters in for a few minutes of fun doesn’t see lights. It’s bc that game has some stuff in it. So I give something to them some reaction to a shot that has nothing to do with the rules but i hate to say they won’t getting to the rules anyway so it doesnt matter. Bc if they started a mode then theyd be doing something else bc they wouldnt get it they wouldnt understand it and in a lot ways it would confuse them even more... I guess I did have the opportunity to work on something simple and that was boring."

Tl/dnr:

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

JJP isn’t for casual games

#3219 1 year ago

JJP did a fantastic job regarding theme integration movie clips/ movie callouts regarding Wonka.

I hope to see the same effort put toward The God Father code.

Don't drop the ball on this one JJP. If you want to be the “God Father” of pinball then show us!

BB75D516-82DD-4DD6-8C31-F03E590D93D9 (resized).jpegBB75D516-82DD-4DD6-8C31-F03E590D93D9 (resized).jpeg
#3220 1 year ago

Are Rad Cals now standard on the LEs?

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Are Rad Cals now standard on the LEs?

No

#3222 1 year ago

Sad that at 12K it's not.

#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got excuses, not an explanation that sticks in reality.

Both of these are BS JJP excuses. How do I know? Because Pre-Lawlor's Dialed-In design makeover (90% of which was great) of JJPs cabinet internals, WOZ and Hobbit BOTH had the headphone connector in the door (on the side furthest from the DBV cutout), and I ALSO ran DBVs on both of them on location. ZERO problems with that setup.
So yeah, there's been excuses, but nothing that sticks. I'll continue to complain about it because it's a STUPID, UNNECESSARY place for the headphone jack. I understand trying to save a buck on the coin doors by not having the WoZ/Hobbit style connector which requires the special cutout in the coin door, but now that the machines are $4k more I think the BoM is there for an extra $10 for the different coin door shell to put the headphone jack back where it worked a LOT better, and admit Lawlor was just wrong on that one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well , at least they still give you the option and like you said you can use Bluetooth as well .
At least they're not trying to build games for the absolute minimum , like not having the On-Off switch in its usual place , no corner brackets , particle board base , pegs under the playfield , noisy fans , no knocker , pop bumpers working as one , cheap coil stops , clips for a lockdown bar , wire to support the LCD screen , plastic aprons , ect

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sad that at 12K it's not.

Foo Fighters LE is 20.5k( corrected) here and you don't get them

#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Foo Fighters LE is 21.5k here and you don't get them

FooLE is AU$20.5K and comes with foil decals. Foil decals look super cool and way better than Rad Cals in my opinion.

Godfather LE looks awesome.. Congrats mate.

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well , at least they still give you the option and like you said you can use Bluetooth as well .
At least they're not trying to build games for the absolute minimum , like not having the On-Off switch in its usual place , no corner brackets , particle board base , pegs under the playfield , noisy fans , no knocker , pop bumpers working as one , cheap coil stops , clips for a lockdown bar , wire to support the LCD screen , plastic aprons , ect

Haggis has JJP on price. Equal quality.

Slow growth will help lead the way.

Wondering how the (venture) targets & the fountain (venture insert) work in tandem?

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

FooLE is AU$20.5K and comes with foil decals. Foil decals look super cool and way better than Rad Cals in my opinion.
Godfather LE looks awesome.. Congrats mate.

My bad , for some reason I thought it was 21 .
I knew they did foils on Batman and Elvira but is it new for the LEs . I didn't notice them on GZ and AIQ . I haven't seen them in person but they sound good , I'm glad to hear they giving a bit extra .

#3228 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I knew they did foils on Batman and Elvira but is it new for the LEs . I didn't notice them on GZ and AIQ . I haven't seen them in person but they sound good , I'm glad to hear they giving a bit extra .

All good mate.. When does your game turn up? Pinball hype and new pin day is awesome!

#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

True, but the irritating thing is JJP had it RIGHT before and Lawlor convinced them to do the wrong thing with the headset jack.

But honestly, if they finally support airpods (has anyone checked a airpod-compatible dongle with the GnR beta?) on Godfather, it's a non-issue, except for location where that hole is really tempting for toddlers to jam stuff into.

#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Not a fan of Haggis' direction with playfields. I want my steel ball on wood playfields.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not a fan of Haggis' direction with playfields. I want my steel ball on wood playfields.

Ill take a second look.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good mate.. When does your game turn up? Pinball hype and new pin day is awesome!

I've got no idea , hopefully I'll get to play it this week . I usually like Keith's rules and I like the idea of getting territories and working your way up through the organisation .
You're 100% right , new PIN day is the best (it's very rare for me) no matter what company you buy from .

#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've got no idea , hopefully I'll get to play it this week . I usually like Keith's rules and I like the idea of getting territories and working your way up through the organisation .
You're 100% right , new PIN day is the best (it's very rare for me) no matter what company you buy from .

I am sure you will love it!

#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not new. Debuted on Iron Man Vault for $4800. They look cool but there's nothing super premium about them.

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not new. Debuted on Iron Man Vault for $4800. They look cool but there's nothing super premium about them.

So these are foil ?
They just looked like normal decals to me .

IMG20230127170350 (resized).jpgIMG20230127170350 (resized).jpg
#3237 1 year ago

Iron Man vault's foil was nowhere close to Batman'66 SLE. KISS also had nice foil on the cab for the LE, but still nowhere near the look and feel of the Batman'66 SLE.

#3238 1 year ago

Just unboxed mine. Playfield/inserts lookin great.

4DFB50FE-B88F-4117-A857-BED60D5EED49 (resized).jpeg4DFB50FE-B88F-4117-A857-BED60D5EED49 (resized).jpegB5F7BD4C-8AB7-470E-A655-706F17D856B5 (resized).jpegB5F7BD4C-8AB7-470E-A655-706F17D856B5 (resized).jpeg
#3239 1 year ago

Yup, I'm going to keep hyping this train!!

I'm super excited to see this title in person.

God Father is in my top 5 dream themes for sure.

E46137A6-AF47-4BBB-A46A-C85EFC201CE9 (resized).jpegE46137A6-AF47-4BBB-A46A-C85EFC201CE9 (resized).jpeg
#3240 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image][quoted image]

GF looks great in pics. How about in person?

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Please tell us about it in detail once you get some good games going

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Slow growth will help lead the way.
Wondering how the (venture) targets & the fountain (venture insert) work in tandem?

Haggis just raised their price by $2,000 AU, correct? They were kind of cutting themselves short with the cheap price, but hey, they set that Mermaid price 2 years ago. 2 years ago Stern Premiums were $7699.

#3243 1 year ago

Can the custom call outs be turned off in the menu? Not just the pro tips. All the custom call outs. I can't stand them.

Wish they just stuck to the movie dialogue, which is there is very little of.

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:Can the custom call outs be turned off in the menu? Not just the pro tips. All the custom call outs. I can't stand them.

I hope they stock the game with movie call outs like Pulp Fiction did.

Having the ability to turn off custom callouts would be key. (however, I would turn them on time to time but I don't want to hear them all the time).

#3245 1 year ago

Can the custom call outs be turned off in the menu? Not just the pro tips. All the custom call outs. I can't stand them.

The custom call outs definitely growing on me,but the movie call outs is very limited.Would of expect at least half of what Pulp Fiction is doing.

#3246 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

The custom call outs definitely growing on me,but the movie call outs is very limited.Would of expect at least half of what Pulp Fiction is doing.

Do you think this is something they are willing to update with code?

Wonka didn't start packed with movie content, but now it's loaded!!

#3247 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Do you think this is something they are willing to update with code?
Wonka didn't start packed with movie content, but now it's loaded!!

That would be a great comparison Wonka and Pulp fiction for movie dialogue used in game.
Looks like PF set the new standard for bragging about movie dialogue used.
Might have to use that as a red flag if other companies are to ashamed to mention how much of the movie content is actually used.
I’m feeling like GF has 20 lines if that!
I’m in on CE so no deal breaker for me.
I just want the most bang for the buck.

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m feeling like GF has 20 lines if that!

Thanks for input.
Can’t wait for other owners to chime in too.
Come on Eric and JJP - I like the Risk game board approach and it looks like a good JJP shooter (nice) - but let’s keep getting those GF assets in the game!

#3249 1 year ago

[quoted image]

at the bottom of the list of Criminal Activities, Wired headphones.

#3250 1 year ago

at the bottom of the list of Criminal Activities, Wired headphones. Was this just for Karl?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/65?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.