WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 103.
#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This game is amazing so many fun shots. I’m a former GNR dude but this one for me is the shit. ...

Encouraging (for me anyway) to hear. I love my Pirates, but Eric's GnR didn't cut it for me.

I've got a good feeling that I'm gonna appreciate Godfather though. JJP games are certainly not for everyone, but I sure enjoy playing them!

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Encouraging (for me anyway) to hear. I love my Pirates, but Eric's GnR didn't cut it for me.
I've got a good feeling that I'm gonna appreciate Godfather though. JJP games are certainly not for everyone, but I sure enjoy playing them!

I don’t think you get a good take on it on route. Like anything it’s best experienced in the basement. Or south of the mason dixon line or in Australia in a single level game room.

#3153 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Has anybody ever tried gold mirror blades? I think they would look pretty nice on this but they’re pretty expensive versus standard ones. What are your thoughts? I’ve never seen them in person.[quoted image]

I’m torn on what type of mirror blades to put in there as well. Standard, gold, or black? Gold seems like the right choice, but I do agree on the issue of hot rail color looking odd. Maybe black then? Damn I dunno. Maybe standard is best?!?

How about you try ‘em all and let us know!

#3154 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m torn on what type of mirror blades to put in there as well. Standard, gold, or black? Gold seems like the right choice, but I do agree on the issue of hot rail color looking odd. Maybe black then? Damn I dunno. Maybe standard is best?!?
How about you try ‘em all and let us know!

Ok fine! I’ll order both black and gold and can always use them in the future!

#3155 1 year ago

Kman has posted some pics of jacked up inserts from Mirco. Uh oh.

#3156 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This game is amazing so many fun shots. I’m a former GNR dude but this one for me is the shit. It can be fast but you have time to collect yourself. Flippers feel like sterns which I love and I’m impressed that they lit the back glass. Way better quality than Stern I just can’t put my finger on it because I haven’t been doing this long enough.

Thanks for the review other then flippers how G&R does it feel?

TIA

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

don’t follow any Kman so can you please post what you are referring to - thx

#3158 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Ok fine! I’ll order both black and gold and can always use them in the future!

Lol!

Better get a standard set while you’re at it! That might be the best choice.

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks for the review other then flippers how G&R does it feel?
TIA

I only reference GNR because of the hot rails other than that I feel like it has a little bit of Wizard of Oz feel mixed in. It truly is a different game and unlike anything I have played. Of course I’m a noob still but It has so many different shots and definitely feels like you are playing a game board. I have adult mode turned on, and I can’t notice any difference other than maybe some videos that are popping up. Horse head in the bed? Again, GNR was definitely a concert experience but I feel like GF has really interesting shots and gets you excited to play. I suppose it’s time to watch the movie?

#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from Vino:

don’t follow any Kman so can you please post what you are referring to - thx

Please don’t. Or open a new thread. We don’t talk about that guy. He’s a complete drain on this hobby. Don’t give him the time of day.

#3161 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not on GF I hope. Where can I look at this?

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not sure where he’s getting legit pictures of a CE anyway?I don’t think they invited him to the making of featurette?I wouldn’t get too excited over one pic that’s exactly what he wants is attention.Doesn’t matter if it’s negative!

#3163 1 year ago

Here's what was posted.

Screenshot_20230317_222150_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230317_222150_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Here's what was posted.
[quoted image]

I’m either seeing things or…

Insert art is too thick or cc is too thin? Poking through on inserts?
Or illusion from angle/light?

#3165 1 year ago

I would not worry about that. You see clearcoat seepage around inserts often and on playfields other than just Mirco. It doesn't affect ball travel. Chipping clearcoat however would be a problem, but this doesn't show that. That's why the photo is captured with that bright light shined on it at just the perfect angle, as you wouldn't even notice it's there otherwise.

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m either seeing things or…
Insert art is too thick or cc is too thin? Poking through on inserts?

I can almost hear the haters salivating lol

#3167 1 year ago

Salivating over what? That mirco sucks? I’m a bit unhappy that my TBL playfield is pooling and chipping. Dude needs to have some accountability..

Quoted from romulusx:

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Salivating over what? That mirco sucks? I’m a bit unhappy that my TBL playfield is pooling and chipping. Dude needs to have some accountability..

I totally agree that they should be held accountable.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Here's what was posted.
[quoted image]

That's a pretty crappy pic. I have nothing like this on my LE.

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

That's a pretty crappy pic. I have nothing like this on my LE.

Your LE is lookin good?

I wouldn’t sweat anything right now. I’ve had issues with Stern playfields and I’ve had awesome stern playfields. One reported issue isn’t an issue.

#3171 1 year ago

Having blind hope in any play field made by Mirco, is just that....blind hope. Garbage company that continues to put out shit product, yet nothing ever changes.

#3172 1 year ago

Got my LE last Wednesday.

1AB910AD-4E2B-4914-961A-E2B233F07D16 (resized).jpeg1AB910AD-4E2B-4914-961A-E2B233F07D16 (resized).jpegF9E9C140-3D52-4DB4-BFB1-93BF2E88C96A (resized).jpegF9E9C140-3D52-4DB4-BFB1-93BF2E88C96A (resized).jpeg
#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not a hater, but I did have JJP playfield issues that my awesome distro took care of himself and got me a new playfield.

I was waiting on GF to prove out so I would not have to live that crappy time of my life again with a chipping playfield, and manufacture not warranting the product as they claimed they would.

At least now every buyer of JJP pins should realize they have a zero playfield warranty on their new game. And if they buy it it is on them.

This makes me really sad, would that to you make me a hater as well?

#3174 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Do tell.

#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm very careful about using the word "Review" in my videos. Unless it is indeed a "Review". The "I played it" videos are merely just an 'experience' or 'first impression'. I strongly recommend that my thoughts not discourage those of you excited to play/buy it. I need more time on it. I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep playing. Hearing the game could also help my opinion about it too. I'll be sure to get some time on it at TPF.

Bring wired noise-canceling headphones. The jack is there on the machine, at shows it's a lifesaver to have a wired headset so you can hear the pin you're playing. Wireless can sometimes misbehave because of all the radio waves in such a tight space from computers, phones, etc.

#3176 1 year ago

Great shooting game. The flipper and slings is the first thing I noticed. Very strong. Playfield
Clear on my looks amazing.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I would not worry about that. You see clearcoat seepage around inserts often and on playfields other than just Mirco. It doesn't affect ball travel. Chipping clearcoat however would be a problem, but this doesn't show that. That's why the photo is captured with that bright light shined on it at just the perfect angle, as you wouldn't even notice it's there otherwise.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not a hater, but I did have JJP playfield issues that my awesome distro took care of himself and got me a new playfield.
I was waiting on GF to prove out so I would not have to live that crappy time of my life again with a chipping playfield, and manufacture not warranting the product as they claimed they would.
At least now every buyer of JJP pins should realize they have a zero playfield warranty on their new game. And if they buy it it is on them.

you are not a hater I was just makeup the point that there is people out there that will take this one picture and blow it up to crazy proportions.I agree with Flipper-McGavin a few post back.Kaneda is a shit stirrer

#3178 1 year ago

Can anyone post a picture of the new lighting they added behind the back glass? Interested to see how it’s wired.

#3179 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Kaneda is a shit stirrer.

Also a feminine hygiene product.

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Feminine hygiene product.

Yes this^^^^

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

you are not a hater I was just makeup the point that there is people out there that will take this one picture and blow it up to crazy proportions.I agree with Flipper-McGavin a few post back.Kaneda is a shit stirrer

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-playfield-reproductions-bad-quality#post-4591919
Look at these ultra macro shots of a CPR playfield in the first post. Post 6 explains what is going on.

#3182 1 year ago

So my thought today was, do I buy an LE to get one sooner while I wait for the CE?

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So my thought today was, do I buy an LE to get one sooner while I wait for the CE?

Yes. Yes you do.

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Go for it! … nothing more to say

#3185 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep playing.

First played the Hobbit on location in 2018 put 1-2 games in. Haven’t touched it again for 4 years bc I didn’t want to keep playing the initial spark wasn’t there now it’s one of my favorites. That’s what makes JJP special Jacks early vision of home use that’s why he brought lcd into pinball as first fire as slow and enduring burn. Just what the fans want give the fans what they want.

JJPis the godfather of lcd. LCD is made for very deep rulesets with multiple layers for that you need multiwindowed visuals to send info you can’t display that on the playfield or on callouts. DMD can’t do that either that’s why JJPs lcd move took pinball out the middleages into the 21st century. This concept denies location play bc on first sight it’s an unclear unrewarding mess.

The opposite of that concept is PF. PF has taken it too far with noscreen like using a treestick instead of a toothbrush. There are lots of fans there that detest deep code or speak of JJP as the slotfather that want to see pinball back to basic. I would be surprised though if the success of PF will be a trend reversal but what speaks for that noscreen cuts a lot of cost and frees dev time bc of less rules and all other kind of code.

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image][quoted image]

To quote one of the songs on that left game "This i love"!!

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Luckily in Europe we have a 2 year warranty by law. But sucks for distros to handle these cases. Its not their fault.

#3188 1 year ago

Don’t worry, if anything it will be 1 of 100 prototypes

#3189 1 year ago

Why didn't JJP stick with their clever Toy Story 4 formula and call this Godfather III?

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Why didn't JJP stick with their clever Toy Story 4 formula and call this Godfather III?

duh

#3191 1 year ago

About 3000 posts back called, they want their joke back.

#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I would expect this kind reasoning with self to occur based on excitement I think you'll reach proper conclusion in your own time. Procrastination can be a friend, meanwhile, the phrase "when in doubt, don't" also comes to mind.

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

About 3000 posts back called, they want their joke back.

Glad to know someone had time to read the entire thread.

#3195 1 year ago

Glad to know someone had time to read the entire thread.

Duh

#3196 1 year ago

I posted this about a week ago in the GnR Owners Forum. Wanted to cross post it here so folks see that some of us have had great experiences with JJP playfields and support........

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/495#post-7461563

"Hey all, wanted to share a positive experience with JJP. Received my GnR LE in October 2021 and had zero issues with it up until early January, 2023. At that time (and unfortunately in the middle of a pinball get together with my buddies), the center scoop stopped registering a ball so the game was unplayable. We tried to fix it on the spot, but had no luck. My buddy suspected a bad switch.

I had never sent a support request to JJP so sent one in and Brian Wieczorek responded almost immediately. I was pleasantly surprised. Brian was very patient as we went back/forth via email trying to diagnose the issue. After I completed all the recommended tests, we did determine it was a bad switch. Brian asked to confirm my address they had for me.....and then mailed out a new switch. It arrived in a few days. I replaced it (yes...all by myself! ha ha) and I was 100% back in business. I couldn't have asked for better support.

Also....my game still looks amazing. No pooling issues of any kind that I can detect, although I'm not one that scrutinizes playfields looking for bad spots. I continue to enjoy GnR. Just really dig it.

And...because my addiction is real, I ordered a Godfather CE."

#3198 1 year ago

Every “The Godfather” pinball machine comes with this note. Spooky, CGC and AP don’t need to include this. Thoughts?

Capture d’écran 2023-03-18 121327 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2023-03-18 121327 (resized).png
#3199 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Every “The Godfather” pinball machine comes with this note. Spooky, CGC and AP don’t need to include this. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Woof

#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I posted this about a week ago in the GnR Owners Forum. Wanted to cross post it here so folks see that some of us have had great experiences with JJP playfields and support........
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/495#post-7461563
"Hey all, wanted to share a positive experience with JJP. Received my GnR LE in October 2021 and had zero issues with it up until early January, 2023. At that time (and unfortunately in the middle of a pinball get together with my buddies), the center scoop stopped registering a ball so the game was unplayable. We tried to fix it on the spot, but had no luck. My buddy suspected a bad switch.
I had never sent a support request to JJP so sent one in and Brian Wieczorek responded almost immediately. I was pleasantly surprised. Brian was very patient as we went back/forth via email trying to diagnose the issue. After I completed all the recommended tests, we did determine it was a bad switch. Brian asked to confirm my address they had for me.....and then mailed out a new switch. It arrived in a few days. I replaced it (yes...all by myself! ha ha) and I was 100% back in business. I couldn't have asked for better support.
Also....my game still looks amazing. No pooling issues of any kind that I can detect, although I'm not one that scrutinizes playfields looking for bad spots. I continue to enjoy GnR. Just really dig it.
And...because my addiction is real, I ordered a Godfather CE."

No doubt they can definitely be great with small parts!

Playfields on the other hand, good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/64?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.