WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 103.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m hoping TG code is thoughtful and the mb modes aren’t so frequent as to minimize the excitement. Like all things pinball, some people may enjoy frequent multiball modes. I tend to gravitate toward the WPC era, when achieving mb was itself a big deal.

The great thing is JJP gives YOU the power to tweak the game to make the multiballs as frequent or rare as you personally like. Control over that and a lot more is all in the robust JJP menus. Stock is just the designer's suggestion. Make the game work to your liking.

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The great thing is JJP gives YOU the power to tweak the game to make the multiballs as frequent or rare as you personally like. Control over that and a lotmore is all in the robust JJP menus. Stock is just the designer's suggestion. Make the game work to your liking.

Agree, and I’m looking forward to it. JJP does have a lot of customization in their settings. That’s super helpful and can minimize the excess multiball. Plus I have a young son, and I see in the settings several adult content features. You can turn down the guns/adult callouts, reduce the violence a bit.

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m in on TG LE. I owned DILE twice and love that game. WOZ was my first ever. GNR was notably very heavy on multiballs, and many people complained of feeling like you are always in multiball. Some early reports of TG above sound similar. I have Godzilla too, and I personally find it too heavy on multiball modes, with several starting in a single game. I’m hoping TG code is thoughtful and the mb modes aren’t so frequent as to minimize the excitement. Like all things pinball, some people may enjoy frequent multiball modes. I tend to gravitate toward the WPC era, when achieving mb was itself a big deal. I got my final invoice balance due notice, so my TG should arrive in a couple weeks or less, hopefully!

Yea I dodged GNR and missed POTC. 100% with you on WPC era though… Def my fav. Enjoy your GF!

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from Letsgofishing40:

Guess it’s up to Steve Richie to save JJP.
All these JJP pins have left to separate themselves is the bigger screen. There is no longer a playfield difference. Why spend more for a machine that does not have more? Godfather is a lessor theme, again, and with less in it, again. A real shame to see JJP go down like this. Games like WOZ, POTC, Wonka. I thought their go to market was to be the best? Instead, they now make middle of the road themes with much less included, lower build quality and lessor support for 12k. Chicago gaming pin with way better quality for 8k or 9k? Or a stern with insider connected and still cheaper? And now Scorbid going away at JJP.

What is TG? Is that really what we're calling it?? Cuz we don't want to mix it up with GTF if we call it TGF?? I Don’t like it I'd rather go with just GF then if that's the case most ppl know we're not talking about marital status. Interesting

#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m in on TG LE. I owned DILE twice and love that game. WOZ was my first ever. GNR was notably very heavy on multiballs, and many people complained of feeling like you are always in multiball. Some early reports of TG above sound similar. I have Godzilla too, and I personally find it too heavy on multiball modes, with several starting in a single game. I’m hoping TG code is thoughtful and the mb modes aren’t so frequent as to minimize the excitement. Like all things pinball, some people may enjoy frequent multiball modes. I tend to gravitate toward the WPC era, when achieving mb was itself a big deal. I got my final invoice balance due notice, so my TG should arrive in a couple weeks or less, hopefully!

What is TG? Is that really what we're calling it?? Cuz we don't want to mix it up with GTF if we call it TGF?? I Don’t like it I'd rather go with just GF then if that's the case most ppl know we're not talking about marital status. Interesting

#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea I dodged GNR and missed POTC. 100% with you on WPC era though… Def my fav. Enjoy your GF!

Enjoy your girlfriend? Lol ok maybe it is weird nevermind we gota figure this out to call it!

#2807 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Enjoy your girlfriend? Lol ok maybe it is weird nevermind..lol

Lol. My wife isn’t going to like this one bit.

Quoted from MacGruber:

What is TG? Is that really what we're calling it??

I dunno! I just call it TG because it’s called The Godfather. I’m open to TGFTHR.

#2808 1 year ago

Hi all, there seems to be some confusion about who created the art on GF. For those interested, let me clarify.

The art package, like GnR, is a collaboration of multiple artists.
Christopher Franchi worked his magic on both cabinets and backglasses.
Jesper Abels, artist of the GnR CE backglass, created the art on the GF playfield and plastics. All characters on the playfield have been done by Jesper, except Michael Corleone, created by Franchi.
I created the final treatment on the playfield with all typography / insert designs / stained glass on top of Jespers art.

The Art is a big part of the entire visual package, but Eric’s addition of the leg/lockbar sculpts and topper on the CE complete the look that is unique for this game.

Thanks for the great reviews on the art. We’re all really proud and it is very satisfying to feel our work is appreciated!
(Maybe not for all, but I’ve learned you can’t please everybody)

Have a great Sunday!

Jean-Paul de Win

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did anyone else notice this is the 50th anniversary game of The Godfather. A movie that came out in March 1972. And it’s March 2023.
Now I wasn’t a math major… but yeah. I guess they technically squeezed it in before the end of the 50th year

I noticed that also but its no biggie. It is still in its 50th year anniversary window until it turn 51 years on march 14th in 2 days. The movie was released on march 14th in 1972.

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Hi all, there seems to be some confusion of who created the art on GF. For the ones interested, let me clarify.
The art package, like GnR, is a collaboration of multiple artists.
Christopher Franchi worked his magic on both cabinets and back glasses.
Jesper Abels, artist of the GnR CE back glasses, created the art on the GF playfield and plastics. All characters on the playfield have been done by Jesper, except Michael Corleone, created by Franchi.
I created the final treatment with all typography / insert designs / stained glass on top of Jespers art.
The Art is a big part of the entire visual package, but Eric’s addition of the leg/lockbar sculpts and topper on the CE complete the look that that unique for this game.
Thanks for the great reviews on the art. We’re all really proud and it is very satisfying to feel our work is appreciated!
(Maybe not for all, but I’ve learned you can’t please everybody)
Have a great Sunday!
Jean-Paul de Win

Love your work , you're the best in the business
, you've all done such a great job .
So lucky jjp has guys like you working for them .
Got my money again

#2811 1 year ago

Prachtig JP!

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from TheDude75: (Maybe not for all, but I’ve learned you can’t please everybody)

Wiser words have never been spoken.

I for one love the artwork on both games. If money and opportunity permists i will go for the CE in the future based purely on the bling factor and extra's like the stunning topper and sculptures. But if thats not possible from a gameplay stand the LE will not dissapoint me for sure.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not advocating for JJP over Stern (or CGC, or AP, etc). I'm merely trying to keep the feature comparisons to the same levels.
GnR still does it for me because I have limited time to play for fun and I can walk up and have a great 30 minutes listening to music I like with fantastic light shows and OCCASIONALLY get a great jackpot I actually collect. It's enough for me. Literally every other pin has gone and GnR still stands.
The only reason GnR prices are down is because JJP hasn't finished the game and it still has bugs and balance issues. When the new code finally, eventually shows up, I expect that will correct itself. jjPotC have been going for 2x their initial price, so pointing to GnR as a "JJP lose value" is not really accurate. Some lose, some gain, some stay about the same. They hold their value way better than, say, Spooky by far.
I've brought in every cornerstone Stern for the past 8 years (and one SLE) except the 60th cash grab, and every JJP ever, so there's no purchase bias here.

Will GNR prices ever stabilize with such large numbers of games made over a 2 year period? There are still a ton for sale from distros and HUO market is flooded with owners trying to sell. Don’t think software updates will make a difference. Won’t GFs eventually be in the same danger zone? That’s the problem with producing only one game every 2 years; over saturated market forces cause 2nd hand prices to always go downward.

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Will GNR prices ever stabilize with such large numbers of games made over a 2 year period? There are still a ton for sale from distros and HUO market is flooded with owners trying to sell. Don’t think software updates will make a difference. Won’t GFs eventually be in the same danger zone? That’s the problem with producing only one game every 2 years; over saturated market forces cause 2nd hand prices to always go downward.

GnR as a game is undeniably beautiful. If the software is made even more fun and completed, that makes the machine more desirable to own. There were 4-5x as many Addams made and here 25+ years later, it sells for around the same price as a GnR in good condition. There are ups and downs, but quality retains its value. GnR will be fine. But the mentality that you will come out even on a pin or make money after owning it for a few years needs to be adjusted back to pre-pandemic reality. That is going away as we normalize again.

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR as a game is undeniably beautiful. If the software is made even more fun and completed, that makes the machine more desirable to own. There were 4-5x as many Addams made and here 25+ years later, it sells for around the same price as a GnR in good condition. There are ups and downs, but quality retains its value. GnR will be fine. But the mentality that you will come out even on a pin or make money after owning it for a few years needs to be adjusted back to pre-pandemic reality. That is going away as we normalize again.

Adams family is a total anomaly unlike anything from the time, because it was one of the only offerings of the age that offered an actual popular IP that drew people into the arcades to play the game. It now has legendary status because of nostalgia, but if remade, current pricing would drop big time on old models. The small numbers for sale maintain higher prices, as owners keep them or old copies no longer work or worn out and taken out of the market.

GNR has large numbers for sale on the second hand market and does not have legendary status because of various issues unrelated to software. Normalization most likely will not come for it, as you would like to think, beautiful or not. Way over produced in relation to other JJP offerings. Everyone in the market place that has ever wanted one, already purchased. Reputation has not been kind and therefore will cause downward pressure on pricing as demonstrated in the market place. GF will have this same problem, unless JJP introduces another offering this year to help balance sales and production numbers. A struggling economy will for sure hurt any recovery chances for GNR unfortunately. Too many made.

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

A struggling economy will for sure hurt any recovery chances for GNR unfortunately. Too many made.

Most of the people buying 10k toys aren't effected by the economy. As you say, JJP just makes too many...it's that simple. "limiting" an LE to 5k units is silly. If LE's were capped at ~2250k and CE capped at ~750, these games would have an easier time holding their value.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Adams family is a total anomaly unlike anything from the time, because it was one of the only offerings of the age that offered an actual popular IP that drew people into the arcades to play the game. It now has legendary status because of nostalgia, but if remade, current pricing would drop big time on old models. The small numbers for sale maintain higher prices, as owners keep them or old copies no longer work or worn out and taken out of the market.
GNR has large numbers for sale on the second hand market and does not have legendary status because of various issues unrelated to software. Normalization most likely will not come for it, as you would like to think, beautiful or not. Way over produced in relation to other JJP offerings. Everyone in the market place that has ever wanted one, already purchased. Reputation has not been kind and therefore will cause downward pressure on pricing as demonstrated in the market place. GF will have this same problem, unless JJP introduces another offering this year to help balance sales and production numbers. A struggling economy will for sure hurt any recovery chances for GNR unfortunately. Too many made.

Once GNR is no longer available NIB you will see the prices go up , like most pins .
People told me I would lose so much money buying a hobbit le and at the time they weren't selling . I could have got a good condition one for under 9 k but I wanted a new one , so I paid 12 K with a 1K discount . 3 years later when it was no longer available , I sold it for 13k with one phone call , bang - gone .
You also have to factor in , where you are .
I would guess around 50 Godfather CE'S will come to Australia maybe less and if only 3 are going to the UK , imagine what those prices could get to .
Metallica and Tron LE's have sold for 24k over here .
My prediction is , over here , is that the godfather CE at a minimum holds its value but most likely will go up in value .

#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from Letsgofishing40:

Guess it’s up to Steve Richie to save JJP.

Does JJP need saving? I think Godfather sales have been strong.

Steve’s last two games were Led Zeppelin and Black Knight 3. I’m curious what he comes up with but he hasn’t exactly been on an upward trajectory.

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from DerekS:

My GNRCE had the worst blistering of any pin.
Wonka CE has a small amount but I've got a backup playfield/plastics/mylars. It's manageable.
My Lebowski has it too, one post so far which I did the iron/mylar fix on.
I am growing very tired of Mirco playfields.

Why the new account Zaphx? I’m surprised you got rid of you GNR. You two were inseparable

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does JJP need saving? I think Godfather sales have been strong.
Steve’s last two games were Led Zeppelin and Black Knight 3. I’m curious what he comes up with but he hasn’t exactly been on an upward trajectory.

If his new game is Elton John , I don't think that will go so well .
I really like Steve Ritchies games but the new designers are doing a great job .

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Being a double game owner of JJP'S, I was pretty irked to read about Scorbit being removed today.
No announcement from JJP today, but Scorbit made an announcement. (Side note, did JJP even officially send off Pat Lawlor?)
This stood out to me regarding GF.
https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/
Q: What drove this decision by Jersey Jack to abandon Scorbit?
A: It’s not entirely clear. We know that in our conversations with JJP up until the launch of The Godfather, we had support from within the game design team. Scorbit was included in the marketing documentation for The Godfather. We were surprised when we were told by the leadership they did not value Scorbit features or connected pinball in early March.
I realize there's two sides to every story, and I'd love to hear JJP's, (Which I'd be surprised if that occurred.) but after how they fired Butch in a disrespectful way, let go of LTG, this situation now, among other things.....just WTF JJP???

Removing ScoreBit is a big WTF. It would have made sense if JJP announced their own proprietary internet connected platform but they didn’t. Instead they took away a cool feature with no replacement announced, who knows if one will ever come.

Hey ScoreBit will still be there right until JJP removes it with a code update? That could be years away at the rate code updates are now released lol.

Hopefully JJP is ready to announce their own connected platform at TPF and that is the reason behind the removal of ScoreBit along with the year + code update delays for GNR and Pirates.

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My wife isn’t going to like this one bit.

Kept the wife completely in the dark while secretely carving out the CE money, The biggest problem besides "money from where" is that it will be in the living room bc the game room is full so it might interfere with bedroom silence esp bc the wife sometimes likes to take a nap in the afternoon headphones wont help here bc of the double knocker. Though a time arrangement is no problem i dont want that to be a topic in the months before delivery. Heard LEs will be built first so CE might not be before June.

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The great thing is JJP gives YOU the power to tweak the game to make the multiballs as frequent or rare as you personally like. Control over that and a lot more is all in the robust JJP menus. Stock is just the designer's suggestion. Make the game work to your liking.

Can someone adjust the settings and get video of less frequent multi balls? Seems easy enough and could put this debate to bed.

#2824 1 year ago

Just btw alread wrote it in the owners thread the cabinet beauty was a main selling point bc the CE can very well stand in the living room. Thats not the case for my and other pins that just look too gamey for that while the CE is ambient roman furniture.

#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Once GNR is no longer available NIB you will see the prices go up , like most pins .

Man, tell that to my boy Dialed In. That poor game (that I think is awesome as hell) just can't catch a break. Sells for like 8k and i dont believe they're able to be found nib anymore.

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, tell that to my boy Dialed In. That poor game (that I think is awesome as hell) just can't catch a break. Sells for like 8k and i dont believe they're able to be found nib anymore.

Dailed In is a great game but I think the problem is , it's not a theme anyone recognises .

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I've played it a few times and it's a remarkable game. But that name 'Dailed In' - biggest error Jersey Jack has made so far.

The good news is, it's one of the best games made in recent years and it's CHEAP. So jump all over one when you see it.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I Dailed In is a great game but I think the problem is , it's not a theme anyone recognises .

Yup, it’s the theme. I owned the game for several years (great pin) and very few family members or friends at get togethers ever played it. Why? The theme, they didn’t get it. What was I supposed to tell them, it’s a theme about a guy that finds a magical cell phone and tries to stop disasters? I can see the blank stares now lol.

#2829 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Being a double game owner of JJP'S, I was pretty irked to read about Scorbit being removed today.
No announcement from JJP today, but Scorbit made an announcement. (Side note, did JJP even officially send off Pat Lawlor?)
A: It’s not entirely clear. We know that in our conversations with JJP up until the launch of The Godfather, we had support from within the game design team. Scorbit was included in the marketing documentation for The Godfather. We were surprised when we were told by the leadership they did not value Scorbit features or connected pinball in early March.
I realize there's two sides to every story, and I'd love to hear JJP's, (Which I'd be surprised if that occurred.) but after how they fired Butch in a disrespectful way, let go of LTG, this situation now, among other things.....just WTF JJP???

The real question is, are they going to lower the price now? Doubtful.

#2830 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The real question is, are they going to lower the price now? Doubtful.

It didn't cost them anything .

#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, it’s the theme. I owned the game for several years (great pin) and very few family members or friends at get togethers ever played it. Why? The theme, they didn’t get it. What was I supposed to tell them, it’s a theme about a guy that finds a magical cell phone and tries to stop disasters? I can see the blank stares now lol.

If it was called Disaster City or Quantum City or anything else , it might have done better but Dialled In means nothing .

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It didn't cost them anything .

You don't think that 'feature' was figured into we can add a cost to that to the buyer? Clearly people apparently wanted it. That makes it have value. Seems like a strange call out considering what it is.

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Scorbit announcement?
Think the TS4 PFs have been solid?
My GNRCE and WonkaCE PFs have not experienced any issues.
I get why people would be pissed if they did though.
I still remember the GB pf fiasco from Stern. Have some minor ghosting on two small inserts, no big deal. Others had major chipping.

Difference between JJP and Stern is that stern will remedy stuff. My GNR actually fell apart didn’t get a response from JJP - I even emailed the CEO (which isn’t Jack) and he didn’t even bother to reply. Emailed Jack also and got zilch from him. Of course this was after they lied and said the playfields had been fixed after the wonka and pirates shit show. I’d never have touched a GNR otherwise. Stern sent me a replacement populated playfield for GB.

#2834 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If it was called Disaster City or Quantum City or anything else , it might have done better but Dialled In means nothing .

I think DI is a perfect name for that game.

#2835 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

The decision is simple - JJP don’t give two fucks about customers, just look at the ridiculous way they announced the scobit decision - total disrespect for a partner who put them on the online map - 10K games on line and JJP says Fuck you on a stream?!
Anyone who thinks they value customers is totally deluded. Light boards, DI trap door, drones, 9 million versions of woz and hobbit, pirates code, mirco playfields lies, diverter on GNR, studio lights on GNR, GNR code etc etc. it’s freaking laughable they they think they will create a platform themselves, they can’t even get the glue to stick on a playfield.

#2836 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Difference between JJP and Stern is that stern will remedy stuff. My GNR actually fell apart didn’t get a response from JJP - I even emailed the CEO (which isn’t Jack) and he didn’t even bother to reply. Emailed Jack also and got zilch from him. Of course this was after they lied and said the playfields had been fixed after the wonka and pirates shit show. I’d never have touched a GNR otherwise. Stern sent me a replacement populated playfield for GB.

You are lucky that Stern helped you. Don't say 'Stern will remedy stuff' like it's a fact that applies to every situation. Plenty of end users have had unremedied problems on Stern machines. Stern didn't replace my warped playfield on a NIB game.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The decision is simple - JJP don’t give two fucks about customers, just look at the ridiculous way they announced the scobit decision - total disrespect for a partner who put them on the online map - 10K games on line and JJP says Fuck you on a stream?!
Anyone who thinks they value customers is totally deluded. Light boards, DI trap door, drones, 9 million versions of woz and hobbit, pirates code, mirco playfields lies, diverter on GNR, studio lights on GNR, GNR code etc etc. it’s freaking laughable they they think they will create a platform themselves, they can’t even get the glue to stick on a playfield.

IMG_20230313_020257 (resized).jpgIMG_20230313_020257 (resized).jpg
#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The decision is simple - JJP don’t give two fucks about customers, ... Anyone who thinks they value customers is totally deluded. ...

Yeah perhaps - and their games are expensive too ... but they're also beautiful, immersive, and fun to play! Addiction's a bitch.

Quoted from Maken:

You are lucky that Stern helped you. Don't say 'Stern will remedy stuff' like it's a fact that applies to every situation. Plenty of end users have had unremedied problems on Stern machines. ...

This is true. You're a bit of a pinball celebrity with Stern Neil. They obviously like you and as such, your customer treatment from them doesn't necessarily reflect that of an "average Joe" Stern customer.

#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Why the new account Zaphx? I’m surprised you got rid of you GNR. You two were inseparable

I needed break from some of the toxic people on the forum, so I disabled my account.
As it turns out, if you shut down your Pinside account 3x it gets banned, (I thought I'd only done it twice, oops.)

Also frankly I was down on pinball in general after the weak 2022 offerings at sky-high prices. It's past the "worth it" point to me now.

I don't expect to participate in the forums as much as I used to, for my own sanity.
My main reason for wanting to get back on is to have a venue to sell games.

GNR is a spectacular game but after 4000+ plays we'd had our fill. No hate, it's the best band pin ever made hands down.
I'm not a big fan of the band and was tired of the songs so I made an even trade deal for Lebowski, which is a dream theme.

Godfather is a theme I definitely didn't want and don't care about, but I like what I see in the code depth and I've never been disappointed by an Eric Muenier game.

#2840 1 year ago

For people who are on the fence between getting gouged and getting super gouged, I removed all the features common to LE/CE and pulled out the deltas. LMK if I missed anything.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 10.58.04 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-12 at 10.58.04 AM (resized).png
#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This is true. You're a bit of a pinball celebrity with Stern Neil. They obviously like you and as such, your customer treatment from them doesn't necessarily reflect that of an "average Joe" Stern customer.

I would be furious as well , if I had a Playfield issue and it was dismissed .
I have read on pinside and heard on podcasts , countless times people being screwed by Stern
To suggest jjp is only company that can give poor service is such hypocritical bullshit .
Ask Jeff Teolis about his pop-up spinner On Led Zeppelin , Martin Robbins about his brand new scuffed Playfield on Jurassic Park , Travis Murie said he would never buy a Stern LE again after his experiences , the guy from flipping and mashin about his Turtles , don't get Pin Monk started about his Batman SLE experience .
All these people have publicly stated how they have had a unsatisfactorily experience from Stern , I'm not saying jjp is perfect , I just hope they can all do better .
And 9 million versions of the Woz and Hobbit lol , how many variations of ACDC and Metallica are out there .
At the end of the day we all expect / want good customer service , hopefully these companies step up to the plate .

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I Dailed In is a great game but I think the problem is , it's not a theme anyone recognises .

They should have changed the name to JACKED UP. With Jack as a steroid character on the back glass

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Removing ScoreBit is a big WTF. It would have made sense if JJP announced their own proprietary internet connected platform but they didn’t. Instead they took away a cool feature with no replacement announced, who knows if one will ever come.
Hey ScoreBit will still be there right until JJP removes it with a code update? That could be years away at the rate code updates are now released lol.
Hopefully JJP is ready to announce their own connected platform at TPF and that is the reason behind the removal of ScoreBit along with the year + code update delays for GNR and Pirates.

Yes, given their lack of direct and clear communication with Pirates code, other than vagueness, and people saying the same regarding GnR, and their total lack of courtesy and respect for a company they integrated into their games and advertised for years, doesn't give me hope.

#2844 1 year ago

Regarding Scorebit:

DED85FD7-4AFF-4E18-A2FC-516D7A9AFDC8 (resized).jpegDED85FD7-4AFF-4E18-A2FC-516D7A9AFDC8 (resized).jpeg
#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm no pinball celebrity and was able to get 3 populated stern playfields due to playfield issues and a new lower cabinet due to a split corner. I did not contact Stern. My distributors did. That was the proper way to handle larger warranty issues and I imagine still is. This was perhaps 5-6 years ago. Pre-Spike 2. I don't know if their playfield policy has changed since then. Anyway, my point is who you buy from matters. It was JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado who was able to get me those playfields. And I didn't have to keep pestering him. I just had to wait. His company's post-sale service is the best I have experienced. Marcospec got me the new cabinet. They aren't bad either. With multiple other dealers I've had to ask and ask and ask again, and remind them, and really be a squeeky wheel. I have two such situations ongoing right now. Perhaps I never should've stopped buying from JJ. I did reach out to him for the last couple pins I wanted but he was already sold out so I had to call around.

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from DerekS:

I needed break from some of the toxic people on the forum, so I disabled my account.
As it turns out, if you shut down your Pinside account 3x it gets banned, (I thought I'd only done it twice, oops.)
Also frankly I was down on pinball in general after the weak 2022 offerings at sky-high prices. It's past the "worth it" point to me now.
I don't expect to participate in the forums as much as I used to, for my own sanity.
My main reason for wanting to get back on is to have a venue to sell games.
GNR is a spectacular game but after 4000+ plays we'd had our fill. No hate, it's the best band pin ever made hands down.
I'm not a big fan of the band and was tired of the songs so I made an even trade deal for Lebowski, which is a dream theme.
Godfather is a theme I definitely didn't want and don't care about, but I like what I see in the code depth and I've never been disappointed by an Eric Muenier game.

I’ve been stalking TBL. Looks like a fun game and I love the theme.

I was ready to buy GF but now I think I will pass. The first 5 minutes of Karl’s stream told me everything I did not want to see

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Regarding Scorebit:[quoted image]

and then they may need to keep changing it after each update even more so if JJP or stern where to add an check for that to disable it.

#2848 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think DI is a perfect name for that game.

Dialed in is the best name for it. It’s a clever pinball term that insiders should’ve gotten. It just didn’t click. The game is super underrated and a gift at current prices.

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

You are lucky that Stern helped you. Don't say 'Stern will remedy stuff' like it's a fact that applies to every situation. Plenty of end users have had unremedied problems on Stern machines. Stern didn't replace my warped playfield on a NIB game.

I’ve had two major things sorted out by Stern - first was GB when it was my first pin, second was my warped LE playfield, it took a whole but they came through. I’ve not had any other major issues personally - but I go through all the normal channels and probably most of the folks don’t have a clue about any personality

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Can someone adjust the settings and get video of less frequent multi balls? Seems easy enough and could put this debate to bed.

There's not really a debate. GnR owners that have tried Eskaybee's recommended settings can tell you it absolutely cuts the multiball frequency and makes the game more fun overall. There's only two camps - those that have tried it, and those that keep complaining but haven't. Godfather will be the same way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/57?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.