WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.
#2301 1 year ago

I watched the first two minutes of the stream. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud when I saw the very first shot in the game started a multiball!

Everyone: Hey JJP, there’s more to pinball than multiball after multiball after freaking multiball. You couldn’t possibly make a game that has more multiballs.

JJP: Hold my beer.

Damn the game looks cool and it’s shiny and all, but it looks and seems to play like all the rest. Even the multiball start animations are the same. Name of the multiball with balls coming out from behind. JJP needs some fresh blood and new ideas.

Playfield layout is cool and looks fun to shoot, but something just doesn’t click here.

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You should probably move on to a different game?I feel there’s too many things you don’t like about this one.Maybe foo fighters is more your liking?

I'm OK thanks - game looks great overall so I'll stay here a while if its ok with you.

Foo looks great also - definitely sounds alot better out of the gate.

Thanks for your concern though.

#2303 1 year ago

I just watched a good portion of the Twitch video. So far I'm still happy I ordered the CE. The playfield artwork looks amazing, the gameplay looks very fun, and the sounds aren't bad and will only improve with code updates. A few more movie clips would be nice to see, but those can also be added via code updates. All-in-all I think it's a homerun for JJP...as long as they don't abandon us on the code updates.

#2304 1 year ago

So every Jersey Jack game has the same feel to the flippers no matter what you try. It just does not feel right. Does Stern have a patent which JJP can't overcome or do they intentionally want that feel?

The CE looks freakin amazing though!

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So every Jersey Jack game has the same feel to the flippers no matter what you try. It just does not feel right.

Godfather flippers feel pretty good, and I can't stand the feel on previous games. They definitely changed something.

#2306 1 year ago

Holy Sh$t!!!
Played it tonight.
It’s on another level.
You all will see.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Holy Sh$t!!!
Played it tonight.
It’s on another level.
You all will see.

Can you expand on that?

#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can you expand on that?

Yes please do.

#2309 1 year ago

I think I have all of the same repetitive criticism I hear from virtually anyone who hates or has hated on any JJP release engrained into my head to the point where I couldn't resist making a damn bingo card.

JJP-HATER-BINGO (resized).jpgJJP-HATER-BINGO (resized).jpg

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I think I have all of the same repetitive criticism....I couldn't resist making a damn bingo card.
[quoted image]

I mean you should really put "Weak Flippers" in the free middle spot.

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean you should really put "Weak Flippers" in the free middle spot.

I didn’t feel like eliminating the star. Consider it a freebie for any regular critical phrases or thoughts I missed. And I accidentally have a duplicate one on there too. Oh well.

#2312 1 year ago

Even though I found pirates modes generic and sameish, I will say the different multiballs all felt different in that. Getting the stranger tides super jackpot was phenomenal. It also had awesome music, sound and call outs. Multiball heavy doesn’t have to suck. And they have got it right in the past. Maybe it can be fixed. Would love to give it a go sometime. Just bought too many at the moment. My wife would castrate me.

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I didn’t feel like eliminating the star. Consider it a freebie...

Its a freebie because everyone agrees the flippers are weak.

You knowm how Bingo works right?

#2314 1 year ago

Except there’s talk the flippers are improved for The Godfather. I’m not too familiar with Bingo. Is there a Bingoside site that will tell me how to feel about it?

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Except there’s talk the flippers are improved for The Godfather.

Oh man thay would be great.
Looking forward to playing one ASAP.

#2316 1 year ago

Several people who played it said that in one way or another now, even Karl D.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Nice. My brother is in a league with him but I guess the GF is at the other location.
The Scooby Doo apparently broke right away and was pulled

#2318 1 year ago

Karl’s stream was pretty awesome tonight.

#2319 1 year ago

Saw the stream. All multiballs and different paths, make it chaotic, maybe to chaotic?
Looks beautiful. The break in artistic style on the mobster, didnt bother during gameplay.

I dont like when well played shots returns stdm.

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It’s true!I’ve counted at least four people that have played game, some for multiple games claim flippers felt nice and snappy.
So bad playfield and weak flippers have been eliminated as points of contention

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So every Jersey Jack game has the same feel to the flippers no matter what you try. It just does not feel right. Does Stern have a patent which JJP can't overcome or do they intentionally want that feel?
The CE looks freakin amazing though!

The flipper feel changed a bit with Toy Story 4 and their new board, so may not apply now. I'll know when my Godfather LE shows up.

But the main difference is JJP uses dual wound coils and Stern does not.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Why do so many people keep saying GNR is too multiball heavy? To me that is a clear indication someone has very little idea how to play the game.

I’ll bite.

I’d like to answer this question by asking us all a math question: if you played 10 games of GNR, in how many would you find yourself in more than one multiball on ball 1?

How would that rank for you against other games? Lord of the Rings or Monster Bash or Metallica for example? What do you guess that number will be like on Godfather?

Background: I’m a past owner of GNR and other JJPs. If anything, it’s BECAUSE I know how to play the game that I feel it’s too multiball heavy.

#2323 1 year ago

Just seen a small piece of the stream.
Yeah, this dude Karl is great at this streaming business.

I was very happy to see the Louis restaurant shooting scene.
I love the little homage animations from the movie. Great stuff.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Background: I’m a past owner of GNR and other JJPs. If anything, it’s BECAUSE I know how to play the game that I feel it’s too multiball heavy.

Eskaybee's recommendations for game settings dramatically change that and goes a long way towards evening out the game. I have no idea why people that still have the jjGnR machine (not you, you sold it, but others) would rather complain that just TRY them.

Score balance and unfinished code are valid remaining complaints, but too much multiball can be fixed by owners right now in about 5 minutes or less.

#2325 1 year ago

I watched quite a bit of the stream, but I didn't watch all of it, because I want to see things for the first time when I get the game home.

I also watched the featurette twice, and the trailer numerous times.

I love everything I've seen so far. The shots, the call outs, the lighting, the animations, everything. It just does it for me. The CE is also the best looking machine I've ever seen, and will not just be the centerpiece of my collection, but the centerpiece of my room. All my other pins are lined up, but this one will stand alone.

I don't know if there are too many multiballs or not, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure the game will be amazing regardless.

#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I watched quite a bit of the stream, but I didn't watch all of it, because I want to see things for the first time when I get the game home.
I also watched the featurette twice, and the trailer numerous times.

I got way more out of Karl's stream than the trailer or featurette. I was still "meh, later" after the trailer and featurette. DURING the stream I ordered a Godfather LE. I really liked how it was more like Kingpin 2 than Godfather:The Movies:The Game.

Production quality across the board is off the charts. I especially like the player instant info "file" with the camera picture of the player in black and white with their "rap sheet" listing the stuff they've done in the game. Very inventive theming of a utility feature.

godfather-rap-sheet (resized).jpggodfather-rap-sheet (resized).jpg

#2327 1 year ago

Game looks fantastic, great design, but the music?

The slash guitar solo was epic and drew me in straight away.

Why not ask Slash to record another 30 mins of different guitar solos and use those?

Sounds like he would if asked.

#2328 1 year ago

I never thought I could fall asleep with Tommy gun going off but there ya have it..

#2329 1 year ago

Well... seems like the oh my God pin of the year grail theme has already started to move toward it looks fun and has better flippers. For $13-16k I guess pretty cool and I can tolerate the excessive MB and call outs is acceptable now? So better than TS4. That's good. Still would like to play one, but seems like a little buzz kill. Why can't JJP match gameplay with their awe factor. Their pins look SO good.

#2330 1 year ago

Perhaps already discussed in which I would like to apologize but I would like to compliment my fellow countrymen Jesper, with help of JP de Win, with the great work he did on the playfield art

Franchi ‘only’ did cabinet on which he did a good job by the way.

See this post https://www.behance.net/gallery/165489469/The-Godfather-by-JerseyJackPinball

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Perhaps already discussed in which I would like to apologize but I would like to compliment my fellow countrymen Jesper, with help of JP de Win, with the great work he did on the playfield art
Franchi ‘only’ did cabinet on which he did a good job by the way.
See this post https://www.behance.net/gallery/165489469/The-Godfather-by-JerseyJackPinball

Very cool seeing how the art progressed over time.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

…that random guy on a sling plastic who does not at all resemble Rob Deniro become Rob Deniro.

There is no “Rob Deniro”. There’s Robert, Bob or Bobby. And it’s De Niro.

Actually, that dude on the sling COULD be Rob Deniro, because I don’t recognize him.

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Watching the stream and listening to the audio. The modern pinball trend of constantly telling you what to do is just not my flavor. This game never shuts up. Shoot the left ramp! Shoot the targets! Shoot the right orbit! Shoot the ramps! Hit the left ramp! Hit the gangster! It's just constantly talking to you.
You layer that in with the same voices calling out everything like telling you what's lit, or saying "favor" etc, it's like a nonstop chatter fest..

As with pretty much anything on a JJP game, "There's an adjustment for that."

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eskaybee's recommendations for game settings dramatically change that and goes a long way towards evening out the game. I have no idea why people that still have the jjGnR machine (not you, you sold it, but others) would rather complain that just TRY them.
Score balance and unfinished code are valid remaining complaints, but too much multiball can be fixed by owners right now in about 5 minutes or less.

Eskaybee’s setting changes are definitely an enhancement but we shouldn’t have to polish code for Keefer. He knows the criticisms of GNR and it would be a shame to duplicate that with GF. His default code is what he thinks ,in his mind, is the best.

When I carve out an hour to play GNR on default code, I know that I will see about 95% of what the game has to offer. Maybe I won’t get the wizard mode or Tour MB, but I will see everything else. I know without a doubt I will be in multiple multiballs every single game, stacking them together by chance, not skill, and having every shot lit for jackpots

I hope this isn’t the case with GF. I think the gameplay looks great for the most part but I had to cringe when I saw a MB start right off the skill shot and how simple it was to get 3 or 4 MBs going at once.

Maybe it was just because Karl is so good and us mere mortals will have a totally different experience. Fingers crossed!

That said….somebody buy my WOZ so I can order an LE!

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But normally there's variation in different modes/multiball etc. At least in modern games. This had literally nothing else except the meandering AI generated whimiscal Wonka carnival poker machine stuff. What happened to the theme song? Even the slash version. Did I miss that?

I hear ya a bit. What makes Compound Multiball something about a compound? There isn’t, same goes for the others. There’s no story based elements, unique animations + music, for that multiball and the others.

The main 8 story based modes look like fun but can get drowned out when 2-4 of those generic multiballs are going. Then there’s the side jobs which I’m sorry but a majority of those callouts for them are pretty off putting, borderline Walking Dead callout guy bad.

As for the board game elements in the game I’m not really seeing it. I play a ton of modern board games and for games with things like influence and other items you are typically taking risks, giving up pieces, and collecting items. I’m not seeing those things here beyond the “+10 influence” text on the screen.

#2336 1 year ago

Right now, right here, this is a magnificent moment in pinball.

Bring on the Don.

EF3D9657-DBA3-40C7-808E-7E9E845FB3E3.gifEF3D9657-DBA3-40C7-808E-7E9E845FB3E3.gif
#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I watched the first two minutes of the stream. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud when I saw the very first shot in the game started a multiball!
Everyone: Hey JJP, there’s more to pinball than multiball after multiball after freaking multiball. You couldn’t possibly make a game that has more multiballs.
JJP: Hold my beer.
Damn the game looks cool and it’s shiny and all, but it looks and seems to play like all the rest. Even the multiball start animations are the same. Name of the multiball with balls coming out from behind. JJP needs some fresh blood and new ideas.
Playfield layout is cool and looks fun to shoot, but something just doesn’t click here.

Similar thoughts. Also, are there any mechanically interactive toys in the game? I asked the same question when I saw GNR. It seems moderns designs are focused more on "lights, lights, blazing led lights everywhere! Multiballs for days! Camera, lcds, internet, etc!! Let's be all techie and super hip, where's my tiktok?!"

But to me, people get those things everywhere. Every new arcade game is lights, leds, cameras, online, etc etc. Pinball really needs better (more? any?) mechanical engineers, I think. Just seems to be a lack of any "wow" features in the way of innovative, creative mechanically interactive toys. Not that a game can't be great without cool mechanical devices, but there seems to be a crutch in the industry of relying on lights and modern tech to cover for the lack of mechanical engineering in unique pinball toys and interactive devices.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the code on GnR is great as is, or in beta...There is so much strategy to build up towards song mode...They are mini multiball modes, where you are trying to do 5 things at once, get your patches, try and load up the guitar neck, and then start a song...I love GnR, it's bolted to the floor.

Wonka had mini multiball modes as well, like Slugworth multiball. I get two multiball modes every time I play GZ, doesn't bother me there, it's pinball, it's fun.

#2339 1 year ago

Panzer you are correct about code issues and Keith does need to chill on the over use of multi balls in his games!But damn man you use to support JJP but now it seems like you’ve jumped to the dark side haha

#2340 1 year ago

Played it tonight. I am a Stern fan and Dialed In is the only JJP I've enjoyed up to this point but have to give credit where its due...Godfather is an amazing layout.

Only put 3 games on it and was in a loud bar so I couldnt hear the music or many callouts, but the layout, lightshow and initial impression are incredible. Diverters everywhere and it has the “where’s the ball going??” feeling all over. Well done team JJP.

#2341 1 year ago
08F2416D-8244-450B-BC31-4729768FEB86.jpeg08F2416D-8244-450B-BC31-4729768FEB86.jpeg
#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea why people that still have the jjGnR machine (not you, you sold it, but others) would rather complain that just TRY them.

Maybe because it takes less effort to complain than it does to make the change. Plus they can’t stomach the thought of having to swallow pride, admit they were wrong and acknowledge their complaints were without merit.

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Maybe because it takes less effort to complain than it does to make the change. Plus they can’t stomach the thought of having to swallow pride, admit they were wrong and acknowledge their complaints were without merit.

Oh hell now your just pissing them off!!!

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Similar thoughts. Also, are there any mechanically interactive toys in the game? I asked the same question when I saw GNR. It seems moderns designs are focused more on "lights, lights, blazing led lights everywhere! Multiballs for days! Camera, lcds, internet, etc!! Let's be all techie and super hip, where's my tiktok?!"
But to me, people get those things everywhere. Every new arcade game is lights, leds, cameras, online, etc etc. Pinball really needs better (more? any?) mechanical engineers, I think. Just seems to be a lack of any "wow" features in the way of innovative, creative mechanically interactive toys. Not that a game can't be great without cool mechanical devices, but there seems to be a crutch in the industry of relying on lights and modern tech to cover for the lack of mechanical engineering in unique pinball toys and interactive devices.

.... diverters!

They're phenomenal in Pirates, and they take a nice backseat to other game elements/mechs, but to be THE focal point, along with LEDs.....doesn't seem nearly worthy of a significantly higher price just a few years later.

And again, during that stream I saw no staging/pausing at all. Just constant frenetic gameplay. Looks perfect for location play, if you could find one, but I'd fear playing this at home would get a bit redundant quicker than some other JJP's.

I'm just a little fatigued on the, LEDs, and back glass making up for what's mechanically in the game, price wise.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Lol, I imagine it is going to sound a lot like my old Fish Tales, but x 2...was great for about 5 mins then I had to do the "muffle-mod" to save mine and my family's sanity.
GF does look loaded and fun though...wish I had the funds for a CE (plus 2 "muffle-mods").

Haha , I'm going to have the 2 loudest toppers in pinball , my neighbours are going to love it

IMG20230311002904 (resized).jpgIMG20230311002904 (resized).jpg
#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

during that stream I saw no staging/pausing at all.

Better get those eyes checked, lol. Next.

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I think I have all of the same repetitive criticism I hear from virtually anyone who hates or has hated on any JJP release engrained into my head to the point where I couldn't resist making a damn bingo card.
[quoted image]

Nailed it 100% , with a bingo card

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Except there’s talk the flippers are improved for The Godfather. I’m not too familiar with Bingo. Is there a Bingoside site that will tell me how to feel about it?

Talk by one of the best players in the world. Karl, “the flippers feel really good, big difference”

Did have to put precision flippers on GNR and Wonka. Snappy!

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Played it tonight. I am a Stern fan and Dialed In is the only JJP I've enjoyed up to this point but have to give credit where its due...Godfather is an amazing layout.
Only put 3 games on it and was in a loud bar so I couldnt hear the music or many callouts, but the layout, lightshow and initial impression are incredible. Diverters everywhere and it has the “where’s the ball going??” feeling all over. Well done team JJP.

I'm in Florida for spring break, can I ask where you played it at? I'm dying to give it a flip... if you don't want to share publicly (ie private location) you can also PM me.

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Panzer you are correct about code issues and Keith does need to chill on the over use of multi balls in his games!But damn man you use to support JJP but now it seems like you’ve jumped to the dark side haha

This is Panzer doing his pre purchase dance like he did on TS4.

“No toys” and now he’s the defender in chief. Even put himself in time out over the drama

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/47?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.