WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 103.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Any chance you'll have an LE or CE at your ATL location?

I’d love to see ATL_MPB break their current practice against having toppers and buy TGF CE version with topper. And order some TGF lunchboxes, because people will want one.

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I’m now just imagining John Madden drawing all the ball paths for this game. BOOM!
[quoted image]

"Tough actin' Tinactin.... BOOM!"

Good ole Madden.

In terms of the game, overall....I'd gladly throw $10 in it somewhere, to play. I wouldn't be spending 12/15k on it, knowing the code desertion history and support problems, but that is ok. There are games for all of us out there, especially this month! Sad thing is, no location I know of, is going to spend 12/15k on this, to make available to the public. Such is the case with most JJPs and any locations nearby.

#1653 1 year ago
insane.jpginsane.jpg
#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

That is great that slash contributed to this game. Love the fact that someone as recognizable as him is helping the pinball industry. However, I think it would be nice to have options to switch between both his and the original version of the song. This would be very easy for JJP to do, and I think purists would be happy as well.

Yeah sounds good!!! Just have the option.

#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Any chance you'll have an LE or CE at your ATL location?

68B7B414-08B9-4E35-ACC3-49798BFE47FB.png68B7B414-08B9-4E35-ACC3-49798BFE47FB.png
#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

That is great that slash contributed to this game. Love the fact that someone as recognizable as him is helping the pinball industry. However, I think it would be nice to have options to switch between both his and the original version of the song. This would be very easy for JJP to do, and I think purists would be happy as well.

Slash's music is for the trailer and in a wizard mode. It is not the main music while you play the game.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Slash's music is for the trailer and in a wizard mode. It is not the main music while you play the game.

Nice!

#1658 1 year ago

It’s pretty crazy, and disappointing, that JJP #8 (Godfather) gets its wizard mode before JJP #4 (Pirates) and while JJP #6 (GNR) code is in need of a massive code update…

No one should be surprised if it takes years, or if it just never happens, for Godfather code to be polished and completed. Hope I’m wrong but see above…

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s pretty crazy, and disappointing, that JJP #8 (Godfather) gets its wizard mode before JJP #4 (Pirates) and while JJP #6 (GNR) code is in need of a massive code update…
No one should be surprised if it takes years, or if it just never happens, for Godfather code to be polished and completed. Hope I’m wrong but see above…

Remind me, how many people out of the 200 CE owners, 650 LE owners and a handful of standard owners, have any chance of finishing pirates to get to the wizard mode?

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Remind me, how many people out of the 200 CE owners, 650 LE owners and a handful of standard owners, have any chance of finishing pirates to get to the wizard mode?

It doesn’t really matter.

People are not happy unless a game Contains at least one wizard mode that they will never see.

I can’t explain it either!

#1661 1 year ago

Doesn't the beta for Pirates include the wizard mode?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I've gotten there a few times. Although annoying, I'm not too fussed about it since the other 99.5% of my plays felt feature complete.

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn’t really matter.
People are not happy unless a game Contains at least one wizard mode that they will never see.
I can’t explain it either!

People just, like, want the *opportunity* to be a wizard, man.

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

A lot of people could get there actually, especially if they want to set their game to 5-ball in order to get to the end of the game they paid for so they can play everything that is in and was promised to be in that game.

But it really shouldn't matter how attainable it is on 3-ball. Is that really a good justification for a company to not finish a product that they sold to customers who bought it in good faith that it would be completed with all features that were marketed?

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Doesn't the beta for Pirates include the wizard mode?

Nope.

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

That doesn’t matter, it’s advertised on the playfield. It doesn’t matter if JJP sold 5 games or 5,000, the wizard mode on the playfield should be there.

Not implementing an advertised final wizard mode for any game, or not polishing code for others, sets a bad example and makes customers ask “Should I buy another product from this company”?

Code can’t sit in beta indefinitely either. That’s not the same as a public code update that gets pushed out to location along with a majority of home owners and can the positively change the perception of a game.

#1667 1 year ago

JJP finally took my CE deposit. Just got the transaction notice. Anyone get a delivery timeline yet?

#1668 1 year ago

Doesn't POTC already have 5 wizard modes?

#1669 1 year ago

Fact is JJP's coding efforts haven't historically kept up with their games, even when they were only releasing a game about every 18 months.

- Hobbit came out in early 2016. In mid-2018 it got its big code update.
- POTC came out in late 2018... and, well, we know how that one is (not) going
- Wonka came out in April 2019. It got a big refresh/improvement update in August 2021. And I don't know the facts but some people in the POTC forums have said that the coder went out of his way on his own time to get that update done.
- GNR out in 2020, and it's in need of polish and it's last update was Oct. 2021.

Maybe they'll do better on GF, but JJP has a long history of cutting off games while they still need code updates in order to move on to their next upcoming game.

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

So if GF only had it's two mini wizard modes coded, and they never put in the final wizard mode that would be okay? Same situation on POTC.

#1671 1 year ago

On JJP's site, this had been saying "In Stock" in green instead of "Order now!" in red. Does that mean it's close to being sold out?

(Just curious, I ordered mine yesterday)

Screenshot_20230308_082154_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230308_082154_Brave (resized).jpg
#1672 1 year ago

Is there a stream date/time yet?

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

There’s 5 mid wizard modes, 1 for each movie, but the super wizard mode (the main wizard mode) has not been implemented.

GNR meanwhile hasn’t received a code update since October of 2021…

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There’s 5 mini wizard modes for each movie but the super wizard mode, the main wizard mode, has not been implemented.
GNR meanwhile hasn’t received a code update since October of 2021…

There are 5 wizard modes. I created one of them. They aren't mini, is my point.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I just meant mini in the sense of not being the primary wizard mode, similar to how LOTR has Destroy the Ring (mini / mid wizard mode) and then Valinor (main wizard mode). I had a JJP Pirates that I bought new and enjoyed it very much. Those 5 mid wizard modes are some of my favorite parts about the game.

I updated my text from mini to mid, will refer to a games non super wizard modes as mid wizard modes from now on. I didn’t mean any offense.

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Yes but the game is incomplete.. I don't' care if you completed 20 wizard modes, there is a final wizard mode insert

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

They are mini. You just have to play 5 modes for one of the movies to get to that movie's mini wizard mode, and there are 5 movies. And those mini wizard modes are also in need of a fair amount of polish for score balancing and one of them only has a placeholder graphic on screen while it plays.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That doesn’t matter, it’s advertised on the playfield. It doesn’t matter if JJP sold 5 games or 5,000, the wizard mode on the playfield should be there.
Not implementing an advertised final wizard mode for any game, or not polishing code for others, sets a bad example and makes customers ask “Should I buy another product from this company”?
Code can’t sit in beta indefinitely either. That’s not the same as a public code update that gets pushed out to location along with a majority of home owners and can the positively change the perception of a game.

Agreed. Regardless of my personal complacency about not having it, following through with your promises is important to not alienate customers.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

They are mini. You just have to play 5 modes for one of the movies to get to that movie's mini wizard mode, and there are 5 movies. And those mini wizard modes are also in need of a fair amount of polish for score balancing and one of them only has a placeholder graphic on screen while it plays.

You're arguing about game design now. They are full wizard modes, and none have incomplete graphics.

#1680 1 year ago

Any word on the first game streaming?

#1681 1 year ago

I know one thing that is true and that is Stern, Dwight specifically, finished and implemented an “Are you a God” final wizard mode for Ghostbusters that is advertised on the playfield. It took some time but Stern and Dwight said it would get done and they did just that.

JJP should do the same thing and finish Pirates code along with polishing GNR code.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

You're arguing about game design now. They are full wizard modes, and none have incomplete graphics.

I'm not arguing game design. Game design is a fact. POTC has 5 mini wizard modes that are supposed to lead to a final wizard mode. Same as many other modern games. Many "mini-wizard modes" in games are themselves very good and entertaining modes. Mini just designates that it's not the final wizard mode.

In that case then the On Stranger Tides graphic was just a cut and paste job with not much effort into it while the graphics for the others have some animation for them.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]

Gameroom goodies. Bought my pin from them. Didnt charge a fee. Also I did get some cashback for using my card.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

In that case then the On Stranger Tides graphic was just a cut and paste job with not much effort into it while the graphics for the others have some animation for them.

It's difficult to please everyone.

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I guess I just assumed that graphic was a placeholder because it's a pretty striking difference what's on screen for it compared to the other mini wizard modes. Mode itself is fine (although they all could use scoring balance).

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Meanwhile, us Bond owners are holding out for a flipper hold status check.

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'm not arguing game design. Game design is a fact. POTC has 5 mini wizard modes that are supposed to lead to a final wizard mode. Same as many other modern games. Many "mini-wizard modes" in games are themselves very good and entertaining modes. Mini just designates that it's not the final wizard mode.

You are though. You call them mini, but they are full fledged wizard modes. The fact that they lead to another wizard mode doesn't mean they are "mini." Game design is not fact. It's a personal philosophy that each designer creates within themselves over time. If it where fact, every game would play the same.

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH!!!

haha, it really never is

#1689 1 year ago

Thread derailed call Pete Butedrege quick!

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

You are though. You call them mini, but they are full fledged wizard modes. The fact that they lead to another wizard mode doesn't mean they are "mini." Game design is not fact. It's a personal philosophy that each designer creates within themselves over time. If it where fact, every game would play the same.

In the context of a game rule-chart, you cannot have five final wizard modes no matter how good they are, only one final mode.

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I say all of this as a customer who has bought every JJP pin NIB and who is a big fan of the company.

It is hard to please everyone but there’s an insert for a main wizard mode on Pirates that is not implemented, the game was announced in 2018. There’s also been months and months of GNR customer code complaints, please see the owners thread, about code needing to be polished and it hasn’t come in nearly a year and a half. It’s come to the point for GNR owners where the solution to fix scoring balance issues is a list of 10 or so setting tweaks proposed by another owner…

The handling of a previous games code support directly impacts the next titles sales as potential customers will have concerns if the same thing will happen again with the latest release.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

No. It is impossible to please everyone. But you were close.

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

In the context of a game rule-chart, you cannot have five final wizard modes no matter how good they are, only one final mode.

I never called the 5 wizard modes "final." They just aren't "mini."

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I say all of this as a customer who has bought every JJP pin NIB and who is a big fan of the company.
It is hard to please everyone but there’s an insert for a main wizard mode on Pirates that is not implemented, the game was announced in 2018. There’s also been months and months of GNR customer code complaints, please see the owners thread, about code needing to be polished and it hasn’t come in nearly a year and a half. It’s come to the point for GNR owners where the solution to fix scoring balance issues is a list of 10 or so setting tweaks proposed by another owner…
The handling of a previous games code support directly impacts the next titles sales as potential customers will have concerns if the same thing will happen again with the latest release.

I'm not addressing the missing wizard mode. I'm only defending what is there.

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Tomato, tomah-toe. Choose whatever words you want to describe it. Mid-wizard mode, interim wizard mode, semi-final wizard mode, or mini wizard mode.

The word choice is pretty clearly not being used to describe the depth, design, or enjoyment of that mode itself. It's being used to designate that there is another level of wizard mode yet to be achieved. Many mini wizard modes are amazing modes on their own. Jurassic Park, Elvira, AIQ, and Godzilla all have some great mini wizard modes.

#1696 1 year ago

Just call them wizard modes and then say the super duper mega extreme wizard mode isn't programmed

Also it is amusing people are clamoring for a code update to a game hardly anyone owns, and of them even fewer would ever actually be able to qualify said super duper mega extreme wizard mode. And said mode would probably just be "here's all the balls, it's all lit for jackpots, go nuts for a while" like most hard to achieve wizard modes. But that would be one less thing they could complain about

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Tomato, tomah-toe. Choose whatever words you want to describe it. Mid-wizard mode, interim wizard mode, semi-final wizard mode, or mini wizard mode.
The word choice is pretty clearly not being used to describe the depth, design, or enjoyment of that mode itself. It's being used to designate that there is another level of wizard mode yet to be achieved. Many mini wizard modes are amazing modes on their own. Jurassic Park, Elvira, AIQ, and Godzilla all have some great mini wizard modes.

Are you implying that the 5 wizard modes in POTC are not enjoyable?

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just call them wizard modes and then say the super duper mega extreme wizard mode isn't programmed .

You get me. lol

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I never called them 5 wizard modes "final." They just aren't "mini."

I realize that we are talking semantics here, but I think most players would consider a wizard mode, no matter how mind blowing world class amazing it might be, to be a "mini wizard mode", should another wizard mode follow it.

Should we wish to rename the two so as not to make "mini wizard mode" sound minor, that's fine with me.

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Are you implying that the 5 wizard modes in POTC are not enjoyable?

I like their design, but I think the risk reward of playing them often makes it better to time them out and continue on in the game. I think they need score adjustments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/34?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.