WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 103.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

And they spelled Anniversary wrong. Oh well, didn't stop me from placing an order.

The game also has an "Uppoer Loop Ramp."

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Out of all the themes why this one? Clearly targeted at Baby Boomers. The movies are good but slow at times.
However, This pin looks likes Champion Pub and Cactus Canyon had a baby.
We need more pins with comedy. Why not a Caddy Shack? Or Top Gun?
Hard pass on this pin.

I way younger than that and am excited by this pin.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Hot take: Not to take anything away from his accomplishments or to suggest he's not a great dude, but I'm not a huge fan of listening to Eric being his own hype guy in these featurettes...felt the same way after watching the GNR featurette. Idk if it's the jokey smugness or the pat-self-on-back vibe that it gives off, but I just find myself wanting for more humility or something.
That said, it does look like a pretty sweet machine and I'm glad the team is so proud of it!

I didn't think it seemed smug. He's proud of what he's done and excited for everyone else to see it.

#1404 1 year ago

The game is warming up to me. Cannot get to 15k but the CE seems to be the one to buy, especially since you can remove the stupid leg things. I wish they didn't put 50th all over the thing, but I am sure there was a reason. I also changed my mind about the sclupts, they look much better in the close up shots. Eric is definitely the best designer over at JJP.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Hot take: Not to take anything away from his accomplishments or to suggest he's not a great dude, but I'm not a huge fan of listening to Eric being his own hype guy in these featurettes...felt the same way after watching the GNR featurette. Idk if it's the jokey smugness or the pat-self-on-back vibe that it gives off, but I just find myself wanting for more humility or something.
That said, it does look like a pretty sweet machine and I'm glad the team is so proud of it!

Geez, who let Debbie Downer in the room

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I get that it feels a bit sales'y, but I enjoy hearing the enthusiasm straight from the designer.

#1407 1 year ago

I have a boner for this game. Can't wait to play it.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Geez, who let Debbie Downer in the room

Yeah really - part of the job to to help promote the product. In the film world if an actor or director won’t promote the project, they may be passed over for future work (some A listers can get away with not promoting, but rarely)

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't think it seemed smug. He's proud of what he's done and excited for everyone else to see it.

Maybe smug isn't the right word, but something feels off about his presentation style.. It's like he's cooler than a "nerdy designer" (ex: Brian Eddy) but doesn't quite have the natural charisma of a Steve Ritchie or Jack Danger.. so he lands somewhere in the middle and it just feels a little more forced to me.

Like I said, he has every right to be proud of it! I'm just suggesting that it might help to have a better hype person.

Or maybe I'm crazy... just a rare hot take from a person with generally uncontroversial opinions.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Went for it. A CE.
LTG : )

Congrats Lloyd! I went for an CE as well…

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

So disappointed I cannot get CE in UK.

…With 1,000 CE’s UK and Australia should have at least 5-10 each of you, sorry to hear that Sako.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

It has 2 knockers, so this seems like a natural reaction to me.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

especially since you can remove the stupid leg things.

Sorry you don't like them, I think they're kind of cool. I don't know how many people realize it yet, but there is little doubt in my mind Eric has created a gold rush in an entirely new category of mod that will be ubiquitous in 1-2 years' time. At that point every new game will have "Leggers" options, and people will start working backwards from there.

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Be careful, you'll snag it on that horse head shooter rod.

#1414 1 year ago

Tempted...ahhh!!!

#1415 1 year ago

I’ve just bought an Elvira… what am I going to do!

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

You already know what you are going to do!

#1417 1 year ago

Hmmm9E84F558-1B81-4F54-9426-5E9CE3C96048 (resized).jpeg9E84F558-1B81-4F54-9426-5E9CE3C96048 (resized).jpeg

5F152943-4121-42AD-AFEB-63711B8FDD82 (resized).jpeg5F152943-4121-42AD-AFEB-63711B8FDD82 (resized).jpeg
#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Sell your Terminator and Creature... you can always find those again in the future...
Problem solved.

#1419 1 year ago

Really wrestled with this one. Never saw any of the movies. But here I am in on a damn CE.

#1420 1 year ago

I was 14 years old visiting my grandparents in Las Vegas when they took me to see the Godfather when it was first released. First time I saw tits in a movie. So I had to buy a CE. Anyone know of a good pinball addiction support group?

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tempted...ahhh!!!

Do it!!
Worst case this is the best pin now for trade bait for hard to get pins.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I was 14 years old visiting my grandparents in Las Vegas when they took me to see the Godfather when it was first released. First time I saw tits in a movie. So I had to buy a CE. Anyone know of a good pinball addiction support group?

Yes. Check out this website called Pinside. Full of deranged and supportive fellow addicts.

#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Nice try. White wood and layout was complete with release of GNR which was in 2020. You are basically saying that when Godzilla was released in 2021, Eric scrapped or heavily modified his game to ripoff Godzilla.

I can assure you that this is almost exactly the same game that I saw as a whitewood on my first day. Godzilla had just been announced and there was no time to copy it. I've also seen pictures of earlier versions of GF where it was basically the same game.

And they both play differently. The pop position was an interesting coincidence.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry you don't like them, I think they're kind of cool. I don't know how many people realize it yet, but there is little doubt in my mind Eric has created a gold rush in an entirely new category of mod that will be ubiquitous in 1-2 years' time. At that point every new game will have "Leggers" options, and people will start working backwards from there.

And when is the POTC CODE GOING TO BE FINISHED????????????????

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

What is interesting about this whole thing to me is that there are no clips or callouts on the teaser. The design looks good, but to me the callouts, clips, and code will be what makes it or breaks it. At this point you don't know whether you are buying a "G Rated" Godfather machine or the OG "R Rated" version. Theme integration is key and with their prior track record, this has me worried - especially since they didn't highlight any of it in the video...

I agree. When is there going to be a gameplay stream? Need to know if this is the adult fun game that makes me cancel my TBL.

#1426 1 year ago

Arena there any pics or videos from underneath the playfield?
Especially the Subway ramp?

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Dude... no. Harry Potter is not coming and it never was. Everyone who was hung up on that was braindead. Please just let it die. It was an obvious joke. FFS

FIRST I EVER HEARD ABOUT IT FFS...ease down, Ripley.

#1428 1 year ago

When Seth Davis made the launch for Stern everyone said it should have been Jack presenting his creation. Now Eric does what a passionate artist should do : presenting his baby and some people find a way to complain. Ahhhhhh Pinside

#1429 1 year ago

"Leggers", both as a phrase and an object, needs to not be a thing.

As far as the layout goes I think all the comparisons to Godzilla are way overblown.

The truth is we're in a new design era, with newer, younger designers taking things in new directions and experimenting with things like single pops (or no pops) as part of modern layouts. You're going to see trends, just like games from other eras have repeating motifs.

You might as well accuse Keith of ripping off TNA. Single pop on the right that you intentionally have to shoot?

But that's dumb, it's just where we are now. One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of the P3 is that the lower 2/3rds of the playfield is empty and the slingshots are static designs.

Games like TNA, Godzilla, Foo Fighters, and now GF are showing that you can do interesting things close to the flippers. They're also bringing back old ideas (Jack has been clear that the inlane targets on Foo Fighters were directly from Heavy Metal Meltdown) because that's how pinball works. Iron Maiden had inspiration from Congo. Pinball has a limited number of ways to do things, it's how all the ideas are combined that makes the magic.

Eric is doing his own take on 2020's pinball, and it's not really surprising that he's being influenced by the same things everyone else is.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I actually completely agree. I like the guy. He seems like a good dude. But I didn't like the way he came off here. I feel like that's not him....or perhaps I just don't know the guy.

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I actually completely agree. I like the guy. He seems like a good dude. But I didn't like the way he came off here. I feel like that's not him....or perhaps I just don't know the guy.

None of us really "know" these gods of pinball.

They are not of this earth. They are alien. And yet they are us.

We can only know them through their creations. And even then, if just for a fleeting moment.

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

When Seth Davis made the launch for Stern everyone said it should have been Jack presenting his creation. Now Eric does what a passionate artist should do : presenting his baby and some people find a way to complain. Ahhhhhh Pinside

To be fair, this overblown response to one person’s respectfully presented opinion is also “very Pinside.”

#1433 1 year ago

Two random factoids not yet mentioned here I picked up from the in-depth video:
- this game also has a (right-sided) inlane pass target, cool!
- they also have clips from (the arguably superior) Godfather part two. Cool!

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

None of us really "know" these gods of pinball.
They are not of this earth. They are alien. And yet they are us.
We can only know them through their creations. And even then, if just for a fleeting moment.

Now if they frequented Pinside.....oh man...we would really know them!

I hope the 2 knocker coils are the largest ever put in a machine. That would really put a smile on my face.

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Congrats Lloyd! I went for an CE as well…

…With 1,000 CE’s UK and Australia should have at least 5-10 each of you, sorry to hear that Sako.

Yeah, thanks man… UK Distro got 3, crazy.

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

And when is the POTC CODE GOING TO BE FINISHED????????????????

Why would they, several here have proclaimed it to be the best game ever (as it sits)…

#1437 1 year ago

20,626.58 Canadian Dollars plus shipping ..... they made an offer I can refuse !

hoping there is one at YEGpin to try .

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They got your money,
now they have your time...
Maybe in this lifetime?

Ok go away

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Hmmm[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s Champion Pubs son Chris.

#1440 1 year ago

I just canceled my Foo LE and put my deposit on the GF CE!!!! This thing looks like a beast and the one thing that pulled me in is when they mentioned they made it like a boardgame. I love rule sets that act like a boardgame. I also noticed the Interface looks a bit like the hobbit which I love!!!!

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yup, they look cool.

Stern realizing they now have a new accessory idea that they can charge $500 for.
DAC852F4-9D91-46D2-AD43-00A2718E3FF5.gifDAC852F4-9D91-46D2-AD43-00A2718E3FF5.gif

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

To be fair, this overblown response to one person’s respectfully presented opinion is also “very Pinside.”

Overblown reponse ? Dude I did not even mention or quote you. I'm joking and laughing at us pinside. I'm just in happy mode cause this pin looks awesome. Take it easy buddy.

#1443 1 year ago

Catching up on all of this finally......

The art and aesthetics on this game is like it was directed by someone in the mid west who thinks Olive Garden is good italian. What in the world did they do to this franchise? The New Yorker in me is having a hard time comprehending.

I knew when I saw the twitter pic of the side rail including the movie quote - the marketing team clearly has no idea why this movie is good. If the poor decision was made to include that in the game, you certainly wouldn't highlight it as your introduction to the public. And now I see this over the top, tacky as hell CE package that would even make the jersey housewives blush. Wow. Complete miss. If i had to pick, LE for sure but even that. Red over the top.

Looking past the complete over use of certain colors (red especially - gold too and that's saying something), I just can't believe what certain people are accepting as a 15k game these days. Maybe it's b/c I remember how it was just a couple of years ago but what in the world are we even gloating about here? A custom cartoonish sculp that looks out of place? A random sculp of the godfather that literally is out of place? Is it the diverters that enable us to have more shots? A diverter is now a significant mech?

I look at this game and it's like JJP saw how all the mod makers out there were making money and said we can do that too. That will be our innovation. Horse head shooter - check! Lermods wants to sell a translite backlight - well we'll just do it ourselves! Pop bumpers seem to get modded - look at the guy in the UK with godzilla! Let's mod our pop bumper. And the list goes on and on. Problem is - where are the custom mechs? Pirates upper that moves? Ship that shoots? House that spins? Castle gates that open? Crystal ball that shows you information? These are mechs. They use to be attached to 7k-10k games. Now they're gone but we're left with a 12-15k price tag?

Will the game shoot well? Sure. Is this game even close to old school JJP? Nope. And that's where I'm just so disappointed. And then I see some folks run at the CE and say they got one? Are you guys crazy? 1000 of these at 15k+ and JJP site is still not even sold out! Don't believe the distros who are nervous as hell - they'll say only one left and then suckers fall for it. You'll have podcasters then defend it - I even heard one recently say props to stern for updating the code on Bond. Props to stern? wtf? They take 13k from people but don't worry - we'll get that code right guys!

I was spot on with toy story - watched suckers jump in and get burned. Although this game isn't nearly as bad as that one, it's not even close to 15k. But we'll go through the buy buy buy hype and if you just retain some common sense for the next few weeks, save money down the road.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Nice try. White wood and layout was complete with release of GNR which was in 2020. You are basically saying that when Godzilla was released in 2021, Eric scrapped or heavily modified his game to ripoff Godzilla.

Good ole moon muff!

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

A diverter is now a mech?

When has a moving diverter not been a mech?

I think spending $15k on a pinball is loony, so I'm with you, but diverters that change shots are definitely cool, so not sure whey they got lumped into the rant.

#1446 1 year ago

Wow delt31 had some excellent points.

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Where did he ripped off gz(more stop and go than driving in rush hour)? Elwin ripped off a lot from pat lawlor.

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When has a moving diverter not been a mech?
I think spending $15k on a pinball is loony, so I'm with you, but diverters that change shots are definitely cool, so not sure whey they got lumped into the rant.

yeah I hear you on a diverter technically being a mech but I just don't classify it as a primary mech that brings you into the world underglass. Mechs are like the dino in JP, the spinning house in WoZ. Something that visually wows you. I think it's prob the best feature for this game but that's telling imo.

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Catching up on all of this finally......
The art and aesthetics on this game is like it was directed by someone in the mid west who thinks Olive Garden is good italian. What in the world did they do to this franchise?
I knew when I saw the twitter pic of the side rail including the movie quote - the marketing team clearly has no idea why this movie is good. If the poor decision was made to include that in the game, you certainly wouldn't highlight it as your introduction to the public. And now I see this over the top, tacky as hell CE package that would even make the jersey housewives blush. Wow. Complete miss. If i had to pick, LE for sure but even that. Red over the top.
Looking past the complete over use of certain colors (red especially - gold too and that's saying something), I just can't believe what certain people are accepting as a 15k game these days. Maybe it's b/c I remember how it was just a couple of years ago but what in the world are we even gloating about here? A custom cartoonish sculp that looks out of place? A random sculp of the godfather that literally is out of place? Is it the diverters that enable us to have more shots? A diverter is now a significant mech?
I look at this game and it's like JJP saw how all the mod makers out there were making money and said we can do that too. That will be our innovation. Horse head shooter - check! Lermods wants to sell a translite backlight - well we'll just do it ourselves! Pop bumpers seem to get modded - look at the guy in the UK with godzilla! Let's mod our pop bumper. And the list goes on and on. Problem is - where are the custom mechs? Pirates upper that moves? Ship that shoots? House that spins? Castle gates that open? Crystal ball that shows you information? These are mechs. They use to be attached to 7k-10k games. Now they're gone but we're left with a 12-15k price tag?
Will the game shoot well? Sure. Is this game even close to old school JJP? Nope. And that's where I'm just so disappointed. And then I see some folks run at the CE and say they got one? Are you guys crazy? 1000 of these at 15k+ and JJP site is still not even sold out! Don't believe the distros who are nervous as hell - they'll say only one left and then suckers fall for it. You'll have podcasters then defend it - I even heard one recently say props to stern for updating the code on Bond. Props to stern? wtf? They take 13k from people but don't worry - we'll get that code right guys!
I was spot on with toy story - watched suckers jump in and get burned. Although this game isn't nearly as bad as that one, it's not even close to 15k. But we'll go through the buy buy buy hype and if you just retain some common sense for the next few weeks, save money down the road.

You say all of that yet bought a Halloween…

#1450 1 year ago

So I wonder if the knocker is tied into the gangster with the Tommy gun on the playfield? Would be very short sighted to think of adding it to just the topper and not the game itself…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/29?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.