WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 103.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah... That is why it is their highest ranking game on Pinside. Good Point!

???????

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 2.11.09 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 2.11.09 PM (resized).png
#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know where I can get some godfather cake toppers at?

Don’t need them for this one!

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That’s one of the reasons a Stern LE and JJP LE are the comparable model. Each of those models has invisiglass / HD glass, shaker motor, power coated armor, etc. A Stern premium does not.
A JJP CE comes with a substantial interactive topper plus a bunch of other special extras. A Stern LE is $13k with no topper. Add another $2k - $3k from Stern for their latest toppers.

Not to mention that most of the Stern toppers are just cheap and uninspiring for what you get.

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

??????? [quoted image]

I believe the OP was referring to JJP games, not all pinball companies.

#1255 1 year ago

Slings look stronger then previous jjp games

#1256 1 year ago

Is there not a standard version anymore?

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is there not a standard version anymore?

Nope

#1258 1 year ago

Whoever produced the 77 second promo video, pay them more. They did an excellent job.

As someone who is just a player and never with enough money for NIB, I am super excited to play this game.
It looks amazing, and I was soooo ready to be annoyed by the art but nope, they threaded that needle very well.

Eric did a fantastic job here, I'll let everyone else have moneyfights.

Next up: Apocalypse Now, and after that gimme a Citizen Kane pinball please!

#1259 1 year ago

I watched the featurette with Eric and this is a really good explanation of the game and the features!
The topper is very cool and it’s interesting with all the use of diverters.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:Is there not a standard version anymore?

Standard ? take the Heist guy out and what do you have ?

#1261 1 year ago

Somebody needs to go over to the foo fighters thread and spike the football

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

I believe the OP was referring to JJP games, not all pinball companies.

Oh. Interesting take on that lol. Let's not mention the fact that POTC is so good, JJP has refused to make more than the small amount they initially made. The only reason it trades so high is because it lacks numbers. I'd bet that a good percentage of people here haven't even played one.

I played JJP POTC and it was a long, boring, chopping wood experience. I guess it's all in the eye of the pin owner.

But back on subject here... the featurette looks amazing. JJP needed to deliver on this release, and I do think they did exactly that. No doubt this has the potential to be their best game yet..

#1263 1 year ago

Anyone know which distributor will take credit card without fees?

#1264 1 year ago

Game looks cool. Hopefully the machine gun guys aren’t run by servos. I’m tired of replacing those on my GNR.

So far I think it looks better than FF and Scooby. Can’t wait to see the gameplay and how the playfield holds up after the first few months. After GNR I will not buy a JJP until it’s been out for a while

#1265 1 year ago

Looks ace, I want the CE... sadly not a big UK allocation so I'll miss out

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

Somebody needs to go over to the foo fighters thread and spike the football

Why? Both of these games (FF and GF) are awesome. How about we just enjoy and appreciate pinball?

I guarantee you Jack Danger and Eric Meunier are happy for each other.

#1267 1 year ago

I wonder if this will make me want to play more than once on location. Can't say the same about the last 2 or 3 pins they have put out. They really need to turn a corner and make their pins fun to shoot, not just pretty to look at.

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Don't think anyone does? Distributors don't make much on pins they sell, they typically only make like 1k on a pin sale on average, and credit card fees on Godfather will be 450-500 already.

#1269 1 year ago

The character figures remind me of when X-Men came out, and a lot of people thought they were too big...kinda get that vibe here. They look nice, details look great, just big.

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Why? Both of these games (FF and GF) are awesome. How about we just enjoy and appreciate pinball?
I guarantee you Jack Danger and Eric Meunier are happy for each other.

You mean we are allowed to like both? Nice!

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

??????? [quoted image]

Come on man, I said their as in JJP. Which one of those games is manufactured by JJP in the top 5? Here let me answer for you. NONE!

Try to keep up here.

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That’s one of the reasons why a Stern LE and JJP LE are comparable models. Each of those models has invisiglass / HD glass, shaker motor, power coated armor, etc. A Stern premium does not.
A JJP CE comes with a substantial interactive topper plus a bunch of other special extras. A Stern LE is $13k with no topper, no RadCals, no multi autograph plate, no spark playfield, no LED cabinet lighting, etc. Add another $2k - $3k from Stern for their latest toppers.

Except "limited to 5000 units" LOL

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Only ones that know how to run a proper business.

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:It's all the things towards the top in the features. They did cram enough cosmetic stuff in the CE to differentiate it a lot from an LE.

Never been tempted by a CE before but this one does seem like a RELATIVE deal compared to the LE, and definitely vs. the insane pricing for some used Stern LE's. Especially if the topper is exclusive. Godfather CE straight up for Munsters LE or +$$ for GB LE.

#1275 1 year ago

Where and when was a stream of gameplay happening?

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Oh. Interesting take on that lol. Let's not mention the fact that POTC is so good, JJP has refused to make more than the small amount they initially made. The only reason it trades so high is because it lacks numbers. I'd bet that a good percentage of people here haven't even played one.
I played JJP POTC and it was a long, boring, chopping wood experience. I guess it's all in the eye of the pin owner.
But back on subject here... the featurette looks amazing. JJP needed to deliver on this release, and I do think they did exactly that. No doubt this has the potential to be their best game yet..

I suspect the decision to stop producing them was one of economics. That game had a massive BOM, and probably and equally high manufacturing cost. I believe PoTC was in production around the time JJP took on new investors, which also could have impacted the decision to shorten production.

Regardless, I think that Godfather is significant return to form for JJP and feels much more in line with their first three titles.

#1277 1 year ago

I have honestly liked all of the JJP designs with the exception of Wizard of Oz and Toy Story 4. I thought one was empty for the price and the other was just a brick fest. JJP has had some issues in the past as far a qc is concerned and apparently some coding issues as well but most of there games nail the themes. I still think Guns and Roses is way overrated and the rules are lacking to make that game fun but I would say it is still way above Toy Story 4 and Wizard of Oz. Guns and Roses more than passes the eye test as do most JJP games, they just have not made a theme yet that comes close enough to interest me enough to shell out this kind of dough for one of their games. That being said Elton John won't either.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from fenix501:

I am not realistically a buyer for NIB games but I really couldn’t be more excited about the state of pinball right now! Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Galactic Tank Force, whatever in the heck Multimorphic has going on, and I’m probably missing a few. And this is only March of 2023. Shoot, we’ve still got nine more months to go in 2023 - sky’s the limit! More pins is always a good thing.
I also get to live vicariously through some of you guys casually clicking, “Buy Now,” on a $15,000 game plus tax and shipping. That’s amazing!

we're in the same boat, just cheerleading about the sheer wonderful state of pinball now, and watching people spend these big bucks

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The only ones saying POTC is the king of JJP are the actual owners.

Maybe so. I'll add myself to that list. Bought POTC NIB and haven't considered for one second selling it. My only regret is that I got a standard edition.

#1280 1 year ago

STDM video is great, walks through all the rules and features. I thought the giant, generic mafia guy sculpt was lame but when I saw it in action along with the light show, I changed my mind. Hope one ends up on route near me.

#1281 1 year ago

Now THAT ! Is how you map shots out .Franchi kicked ass here on this pin .

D1499675-D753-4CD0-BE09-8A4F06DAE071 (resized).pngD1499675-D753-4CD0-BE09-8A4F06DAE071 (resized).pngF9070D2C-EBF9-468C-9B14-E50B579256B8 (resized).pngF9070D2C-EBF9-468C-9B14-E50B579256B8 (resized).png

#1282 1 year ago

Dialed In is the only JJP game I've enjoyed up to this point and I generally don't like the company, but I have to say I'm impressed by whats been shown thus far. I think they have a winner on their hands with this game.

#1283 1 year ago

Congrats to those who got they’re pin today

#1284 1 year ago

3 down 1 to go .In to APs thread

#1285 1 year ago

I can see this being a game where the CE outsells the LE. I think most buyer's with $12K for a game probably have $15K and will want the topper and all the extra features which in a World with $2K toppers is probably worth it. The topper with dual knockers is pretty cool!

The game does look like it's a ton of fun to shoot and it's crazy how many different ball paths and interactive mechs are in the game. I think Stern did JJP a favor in selling Bond 60th for $20K. It makes this game seem like a bargain in comparison.

#1286 1 year ago

The game looks great and has some innovative shots, and I look forward to playing one eventually. Happy to see the end of the "three pop cluster into a safe exit" era, bring on the revolution.

As for going to another thread and talking shit, this isn't a zero sum game - this game being good or not doesn't make another game bad. They can both be good!

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Maybe so. I'll add myself to that list. Bought POTC NIB and haven't considered for one second selling it. My only regret is that I got a standard edition.

Let's be real here, if JJP announced a re-release of POTC and mass production, the enthusiasm and rating for the game would go down. I would say it's like Cactus Canyon 10 years ago, was rated high and traded high, but everyone knew it was because of the low number production. And once it was re-released.. well, you know what happened to the title. That's not to say that it isn't a fun JJP game... but "the best" and calling it "one of the best" is certainly not in most Pinball collectors vocabulary.

Not sure how POTC became a topic if discussion here, but I know it's owners want to hang on to what they think is the best of a companies release no matter what. Lucky for us, we have solid competition here.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Cointaker. Call Melissa: (570) 847-9595

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let's be real here, if JJP announced a re-release of POTC and mass production,

Huge if. Since it won't happen.

LTG : )

#1290 1 year ago

Out of all the themes why this one? Clearly targeted at Baby Boomers. The movies are good but slow at times.

However, This pin looks likes Champion Pub and Cactus Canyon had a baby.

We need more pins with comedy. Why not a Caddy Shack? Or Top Gun?

Hard pass on this pin.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I can see this being a game where the CE outsells the LE. I think most buyer's with $12K for a game probably have $15K and will want the topper and all the extra features which in a World with $2K toppers is probably worth it.

It's almost as if the purpose of the LE is to make the CE look like a bargain.

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Dialed In is the only JJP game I've enjoyed up to this point and I generally don't like the company, but I have to say I'm impressed by whats been shown thus far. I think they have a winner on their hands with this game.

Same here. I was not as impressed with DI. Thought it just looked fun. Godfather just looks impressive all around. Art is incredible and details are incredible. Lots of shots and love all the diverters. Things like the dynamic newton ball and the whole gangster mech looks fun. Definitely a winner regardless of price.

#1293 1 year ago

DAMN YOU SDTM! That video makes me want to buy one! Great job on the video and by JJP on the game. The game looks like a lot of fun. That CE topper is super cool.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Out of all the themes why this one?

Because a mafia based theme is better than another Music theme, kiddy movie theme, superhero theme, or even big franchise theme like Star Wars.

It's not just the movie "Godfather", it's what a mobster theme offers to methodical play/code and fun to me. At first I was kind of turned off by it, but when I think of it in terms of the experience, I like it. It's like a Mafia/takeover/Risk type gameplay with the godfather theme attached and (and some would say vice versa). In the featurette, it comes all together. This is what pinball SHOULD be in my opinion. I can't stomach another music or superhero pin. To me this is the right theme at the right time.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I know you won't want to believe me, but the bumper and lane target were in the game way before we saw other games they may have appeared in.
In fact, regarding the inlane target, you should be accusing us of ripping off Vonnie D!

Any Vonnie D reference automatically gets a "thumbs up" from me.

#1296 1 year ago

Lloyd, are you going for it?

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Not sure if Abel Electronics and Automated Services still take cc's but they did several years ago without a fee when distributors still actively competed on price.

#1298 1 year ago

I said I wasn't going to buy another machine besides the MMr ever. That is it enough is enough. I'm a Rock. I ordered the CE 30min. ago. I have issues.

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Because a mafia based theme is better than another Music theme, kiddy movie theme, superhero theme, or even big franchise theme like Star Wars.
It's not just the movie "Godfather", it's what a mobster theme offers to methodical play/code and fun to me. At first I was kind of turned off by it, but when I think of it in terms of the experience, I like it. It's like a Mafia/takeover/Risk type gameplay with the godfather theme attached and (and some would say vice versa). In the featurette, it comes all together. This is what pinball SHOULD be in my opinion. I can't stomach another music or superhero pin. To me this is the right theme at the right time.

Good Fellas would have been better than Godfather. At least that has some humor in it.

“Is this your pen multiball?” Lol

Agreed tired of super heros and music theme pins.

However, what i was saying there is better, newer, themes than an old movie like ‘God Father’. Might was well make a ‘West Side Story’ pin while they are at it!

Caddy Shack and Top Gun hit all demographics including deep pocket Baby Boomers.

#1300 1 year ago

After watching the half hour long featurette I think it looks great. However I also like the theme and owned a Sopranos so might be biased. Price aside it's probably the only JJP I would personally ever want to own. I think it will be a sleeper but unfortunately many might not get to play on location with the 12k LE being the cheapest option for Operators.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/26?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.