WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes; but at least JJP is shipping games with basic code, look at Bond, and nearly every other recent Stern. The bar keeps getting lowered and we’re getting games shipping at .6 code. It’s a disgrace and insult to buyers. We need games with minimum 1.0 code so if the manufacturer forsakes the game, it’s still “complete”.

You probably don't wanna argue code if you're on the jjp side. Where is pirate's finished code? Please tell me they're not stopping with gnrs code the way it is. Toy story needs more, too. Stern does release machines with lame code, but it gets finished big time.

#1152 1 year ago

Sdtm video link

#1153 1 year ago

The art looks great, it's everything else around it that ruins the package. Gorgeous art with all kinds of gaudy accents, cartoonish sculpts, etc

#1154 1 year ago

CE looks amazing, I am in! You get Vito on the playfield cmon! And this is coming from an Italian guy ova here!

#1155 1 year ago

Different strokes for different folks. Does not look like a fun theme to me but then

Quoted from reffob:

This is the same problem I have with Toy Story 4. I love both of these franchises, I enjoy playing Toy Story but to me it feels like a carnival game with Toy Story images. For some reason I did not expect that approach with Godfather but it seems like they went that direction. Especially with that Tommy Gun dude in the back. Feels cartoony mafia. At least Toy Story IS a cartoon.
Eric is a great designer, I have no doubt the game will be fun, I was just hoping to be pulled into the Godfather world through pinball. Maybe that will still happen but so far I don't quite see it.

I agree. I think this was a theme of Godfather will pull in the superfans but not the average joe. Most people get a look of shock when I tell them how much an entry level pinball machine is now. I hope this sells well for JJP that they can continue to put out more. I will have to pass on this but I am excited for everyone that loves this theme.

#1156 1 year ago

Wish they'd release actual gameplay and audio at the same time.

#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Uhh Elwin rips off Lawlor all day.

??? He did?

B+!!

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

There’s nothing original about Godzilla. Keith Elwin is a collage pinball designer. He doesn’t even remotely have his own vision.

I mean, if you're going to be a complete asshat, you should probably also call him a lousy pinball player?

#1159 1 year ago

Looks absolutely spectacular.
Eric is great and slash too.
Did i mention the trailer?
It also looks great.

#1160 1 year ago

I'll play it on location, but man these machines are getting too expensive to buy every 6 months. I'm not like some of these collectors who casually buy ever new game and just sell their year old machines each time. I get too attached to them and don't want to let them go.

#1161 1 year ago

wait - does this game only have one computer screen??

#1162 1 year ago

Really good integration of the movie clips.

#1163 1 year ago

Not seeing much more mech and toy wise than Toy Story 4. More molded sculpts for sure but mech and toy wise? No. Not a bad thing as Toy Story 4 has a decent amount already going on in it. This doesn’t appear to be some crazy loaded game though.

#1164 1 year ago

I simply don't have the decor to support this pin.

trump-godfather (resized).pngtrump-godfather (resized).png

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

What is interesting about this whole thing to me is that there are no clips or callouts on the teaser. The design looks good, but to me the callouts, clips, and code will be what makes it or breaks it. At this point you don't know whether you are buying a "G Rated" Godfather machine or the OG "R Rated" version. Theme integration is key and with their prior track record, this has me worried - especially since they didn't highlight any of it in the video...

I wouldn’t worry about it being hardcore because I believe it will be true to theme They kicked that door down with GnR!!!

#1166 1 year ago

Cointaker has CE's available.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not seeing much more mech and toy wise than Toy Story 4. More molded sculpts for sure but mech and toy wise? No. Not a bad thing as Toy Story 4 has a decent amount already going on in it. This doesn’t appear to be some crazy loaded game though.

Yeah. I knew that was coming when the teaser dropped of a rats nest of wires.

#1168 1 year ago

Wait, Al Pacino isnt in this?

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

I simply don't have the decor to support this pin.
[quoted image]

That’s F’n classic!

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Godfather 50th Anniversary Pinball Featurette

Take a drink everytime Eric says "iconic". (Don't, you'll die)

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll gladly enjoy the Johnny Mnemonic I just picked up and never played before in my life and keep $12k where it is.

I'll NEVER get rid of my JM! And it is quite a savings..but more power to the folks who got in on a CE..too much for my blood (after FF, DP, CCrLE purchases)..It still looks like a better value than a TS4 CE, by a longshot. These are for the dudes with their own humadors..haha.

#1172 1 year ago

its crazy to see how the initial critisism turned into big FOMO ordering. haha

As said above: the trailer shows nothing of the screen or godfather integration into the gameplay: who says there is full movies integration like with the hobbit? If not, it could be a generic mafia theme. Not saying that’s not cool but I really need to see more than some vague playfield pics to tell if this is a great pinball.

#1173 1 year ago

I am glad that JJP did not get a chance to put their family-friendly spin on Aliens, but I'd rather would have hoped that a theme like Godfather would have been saved from that too...

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Wait, Al Pacino isnt in this?

Yes, he is.

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP didn't go Wonka your so called shit show right to this one The gloriously detailed GnR was stuck there in the middle!
Gunners is one of the best art packages I've ever seen!

I couldn't see the art for all the chips of it falling off the playfield romulusx

#1176 1 year ago

The Art of Pinball guy is going to make a shit ton of money re making the sculpts on this one. Looks like it could be fun to play but I think I’ll wait for a second hand one…maybe. The CE has better cabinet art, but Jesus those legs and shooter rod are terrible.

#1177 1 year ago

I'm half way through the featurette and this looks really cool.

#1178 1 year ago

OK. Eric in that video didn't mention him in the start of the video

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

As said above: the trailer shows nothing of the screen or godfather integration into the gameplay: who says there is full movies integration like with the hobbit?

There's a whole half hour long video out now to answer your questions. Spoiler: it has film clips and voices.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The Art of Pinball guy is going to make a shit ton of money re making the sculpts on this one. Looks like it could be fun to play but I think I’ll wait for a second hand one…maybe. The CE has better cabinet art, but Jesus those legs and shooter rod are terrible.

Both can be removed. I don't like the leg covers.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

apparently it’s a big hit, CE’s sold out here already!
Looks fun but not my cup of tea.

Still available on JJP site

#1182 1 year ago

My only issue is the code looks really deep and complicated.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

My only issue is the code looks really deep and complicated.

That's an issue?

#1184 1 year ago

with staccato knockers and full backglass lighting how can you go wrong?

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a whole half hour long video out now to answer your questions. Spoiler: it has film clips and voices.

where can I see this? I just found a 1 min trailer

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yo does this have an inlane ball target? It's funny how that happens...

Watch GTFo have it too. Reverse inlanes are a thing of the future…

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

That's an issue?

My favorite arcade game is pong.

#1188 1 year ago

first thing I thought as I saw the trailer...

gold gif.gifgold gif.gif

#1189 1 year ago

It's one thing to borrow from your own previous designs, or to even borrow from other layouts in your own company...

To steal the layout of your competitor's biggest hit...

#1190 1 year ago

I highly recommend watching the SDTM featurette. Game looks incredible.

#1191 1 year ago

The “featurette” by Zach with Eric shows the full integration of the movie assets and they look great.

“Iconic” and “packed”.

#1192 1 year ago

"Board game approach." That's the feeling I was getting. I really like that.

#1193 1 year ago

I think the 10x per second machine gun topper knocker x2 is going to be wild!

#1194 1 year ago

The price kills it for me.

Looks like a $9500 to $10k game.

The CE with the topper I’m okay with as it’s somewhat limited and way out of my range.

I’m out on the price. Music and game look cool.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Rules...
[quoted image]

The playfield does not do much for me but the ruleset certainly does.

#1196 1 year ago

If they sold the topper alone it would cost 3K in Stern pricing. lol

#1197 1 year ago

God I love diverters.

#1198 1 year ago

As shots go this game has way more than TS4 and GNR - that's pretty cool. Like the captured newton ball idea. And lift ramps? Gotta love the throwback to the System 11 era Waaay too much money for me to consider buying but I'll definitely play this on location. Good job Eric! And for those thinking its a GZ ripoff... no, I'm sure it won't feel like GZ. The upper left flipper is more AIQ/Demoman anyways.

#1199 1 year ago

Wait, I thought this was Harry Potter???

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby Doo might object to that and so will I.

Love Scooby but No

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/24?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.