WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 103.
#1101 1 year ago

I'm kinda into how gaudy the CE is? It was jarring at first. I love the stain glass motif going on the screen.

I wonder if Franchi had input on the cabinet decoration? I remember him telling a story about trying to put real casket handles on Munsters LE.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are going to be a thousand posts about how Eric is ripping off Keith Elwin. It's a pop bumper.

It's a bit more than that, but yeah, I don't expect this to play like GZ any more than Tron feels like Funhouse.

#1103 1 year ago

So is JJP giving the middle finger to operators now? Second pin that's way beyond what we can afford to put out on the street for average folks and their children. Gonna bulk up on Foo, I guess.

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

That was a very impressive reveal video. Having the player begin the game in street clothes and end in a tux has such a '90s video game commercial feel on some level. Well done.

Probably Elemental the same company that made GnR video.

#1105 1 year ago

Wow the CE is gaudy AF...haha.

#1106 1 year ago

Beautiful game, very impressive.

#1107 1 year ago

My friend CJ wants it to be known that in fact this IS GodzillaFather...and that in fact there are MANY different ways to do pinball layouts and this is clearly a Godzilla ripoff.

I'm still not sure! But I may need to get my eyes checked.

#1108 1 year ago

apparently it’s a big hit, CE’s sold out here already!

Looks fun but not my cup of tea.

#1109 1 year ago

So, available to buy now but zero actual video of gameplay.. just a short YouTube teaser video. Talk about trying to get people to send money NOW before they can really think about it... we all know Pinball is a pressured buy now if it's in stock kind of hobby, and here we are... $12K and 15K FOMO right in my face lol.

I can't think of anything else on this planet where a company would expect me to send this much money w/o even seeing more than a flyer and promo video...

That being said, I'm in!! Payment sent! Gotta get it now! I've already called JJP to get this sent ASAP!!

#1110 1 year ago

Godzilla wasn't the first to have the pop bumper in that location.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I can't think of anything else on this planet where a company would expect me to send this much money w/o even seeing more than a flyer and promo video...
!!

It’s Cars!!!

And I’m sure dozens of other industries.

#1112 1 year ago

If Godzilla & Championship pub had a baby

#1113 1 year ago

BTW, this is what happens when you send something to JJP to inquire about your $15K purchase lol
Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.50.33 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.50.33 PM (resized).png

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.50.33 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.50.33 PM (resized).png
#1114 1 year ago

There’s nothing original about Godzilla. Keith Elwin is a collage pinball designer. He doesn’t even remotely have his own vision.

#1115 1 year ago

I like that the upper flipper shot can feed the ramp all the way back to the lower left flipper, or be a repeatable loop shot due to that drop ramp.

#1116 1 year ago

Read this a few pages back and wanted to check out that gangster - yes, it does look a bit too cartoony compared with the rest of the game. Modders, to your draft tables for that one AND the hat for the LE..!

Screenshot_20230307-125114_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20230307-125114_YouTube.jpg
#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's gorgeous. Jesper Abels and Christopher Franchi did a fantastic job bringing something different to the table, really atmospheric and moody, but also excellently realized on a technical level. Hats off to them.
The CE is gaudy to the point of being tacky, I think it looks utterly ridiculous, but these games are way overpriced anyways, save your money and get the classy looking one with a shooter rod that won't hurt your hand and legs that won't rip your jeans.
I am never spending even $12k on a pinball, JJP has zero chance of getting me as a customer, but I'll flip it given the chance and that's the model I'd buy if I was feeling stupid about spending cash.
I just don't know how to feel about that right habitrail. It's interesting, but kind of awkward too. Maybe if it wasn't just arrow straight? I guess that's to keep the ball speed up so it can hit the inlane target on release but it looks weird. Different is good though, so I'm not mad. Just gotta see how it feels in person.
There are going to be a thousand posts about how Eric is ripping off Keith Elwin. It's a pop bumper. It's okay. Keith borrows from games too, it's how pinball works. I'm glad to see interesting pop designs flourishing, a single pop with ball paths around it is a good thing to me.
Overall I'm very pleasantly surprised, because after the shit show that was the Wonka art package just being a straight slot machine copy paste I was worried that's what we'd get here too, another slot machine plop. Instead this is something with a lot of love poured into it.

JJP didn't go Wonka your so called shit show right to this one The gloriously detailed GnR was stuck there in the middle!
Gunners is one of the best art packages I've ever seen!

#1118 1 year ago

Hey everyone don't forget to post two giant screenshots every time you misremember an email address.

P.S. It's [email protected], jjpsales would be redundant anyway.

#1119 1 year ago

Got my order in for the CE, this game looks great

Call me Don Rvdv from now on !

#1120 1 year ago

Does nothing for me....Foo Fighters here I come...Hope they sell well to keep the company going

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Does nothing for me....Foo Fighters here I come...Hope they sell well to keep the company going

Have fun listening to elevator music all day.

#1122 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Looks better than I thought it would, but I have a hard time justifying $15k. That’s just nutty.
Torn here. To buy or not to buy??? Hmmm….

not going to be 15k of fun thats for sure

#1123 1 year ago

My local arcade has bought every JJP pin and even multiples of some, until now. These insane prices make it just not worth getting. TS4 was a modest hit, at first, but pretty quickly died off and does not justify how much it cost.

#1124 1 year ago

Franchi just crushed it. Got the theme integrated perfectly for me!

Gotta admit, i have been wrong about the FOMO. People going nuts. Spending $15k for this CE with 1,000 of them out there.

It's the Franchi/Eric factor versus what we saw on TS4.

The video asset integration/rules look next level. The layout? Eric def taking a page from the Stern formula of "let it flow"!

#1125 1 year ago

Not my theme at all. But I'll definitely put some plays on it if one ends up on location.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Looks better than I thought it would, but I have a hard time justifying $15k. That’s just nutty.
Torn here. To buy or not to buy??? Hmmm….

Buy it. But get the CE. You won't be disappointed

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta admit, i have been wrong about the FOMO. People going nuts. Spending $15k for this CE with 1,000 of them out there.
The video asset integration/rules look next level. The layout? Eric def taking a page from the Stern formula of "let it flow"!

I’ll take this FOMO concession speech as a personal victory!!

#1128 1 year ago

I'm in for the CE. It's incredibly gaudy and brings me back in time. Ha. Awful and awesome at the same time.

Thinking about my inability to get Foo Fighters LE, it is a tad unnerving that 61 minutes after the launch, the CE model is still available.

JJP should have hired Dave Grohl to play the theme song.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

CE looks like what a poor person thinks classy looks like. Super tacky...LE looks much better. Topper is neat.

Like Steve Martin’s the Jerk!!

9497EF4A-F1E8-4E19-8F29-23A5C0287D29 (resized).png9497EF4A-F1E8-4E19-8F29-23A5C0287D29 (resized).png
#1130 1 year ago

Will be my only post since this doesn't really offer much to the game or discussion, but I'm confused : Part of the cost of games is JJP's marketing department which has a marketing director. They still have placeholder text on website. The website only has 3 images of the game(?). I use ad block but tried multiple web-browers so I think there are really only 3 photos. Video trailer was so fast I didnt make out any specific feature unless I have to pause and watch in slow motion and guess the features. I'm a little confused right now they won't just show us the features via picture or video after already taking pre-orders. They never pre-uploaded to youtube and set a premiere which I think would have been a nice touch. It's a petty complaint but use the tools you have if you are paying someone 6-figures to direct sales. Can set it to a youtube live premiere and we can all hang out and wait. I don't have any issues with it, looks like it has some cool features I just didn't learn anything about the game via video or website on the launch day which is today.
 (resized).png (resized).png

#1131 1 year ago

I can buy an LE for $12,000?

Now there's an offer I can refuse.

Next...

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I can buy an LE for $12,000?
Now there's an offer I can refuse.
Next...

Buy Buy Buy

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice say it isn’t so, you got bit by the fomo bug……. it was the beginning of the end of demand from your posts. Congrats, I agree with you game looks cool just too salty in price for me.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

apparently it’s a big hit, CE’s sold out here already!
Looks fun but not my cup of tea.

Dude, stop. Know what else "sold out?" Toy story. You can STILL find those to buy.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Will be my only post since this doesn't really offer much to the game or discussion, but I'm confused : Part of the cost of games is JJP's marketing department which has a marketing director. They still have placeholder text on website. The website only has 3 images of the game(?). I use ad block but tried multiple web-browers so I think there are really only 3 photos. Video trailer was so fast I didnt make out any specific feature unless I have to pause and watch in slow motion which I don't have time for. I'm a little confused right now they won't just show us the features via picture or video after already taking pre-orders. They never pre-uploaded to youtube and set a premiere which I think would have been a nice touch. It's a petty complaint but use the tools you have if you are paying someone 6-figures to direct sales. Can set it to a youtube live premiere and we can all hang out and wait. I don't have any issues with it, looks like it has some cool features I just didn't learn anything about the game via video or website.[quoted image]

And they spelled Anniversary wrong. Oh well, didn't stop me from placing an order.

#1136 1 year ago

If you buy an LE, you likely will put 3K in to mods anyway. Just get it done and buy the CE. LOL.

#1137 1 year ago

I think the art is just outstanding. It’s refreshing compared to the extremely colorful pins as of late. I have high hopes for Galactic tank art after seeing this. Nicely done

#1138 1 year ago

That dude playing the machine reminds me of the "father" in that Progressive commercial.

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
#1139 1 year ago

Wow

#1140 1 year ago

What is interesting about this whole thing to me is that there are no clips or callouts on the teaser. The design looks good, but to me the callouts, clips, and code will be what makes it or breaks it. At this point you don't know whether you are buying a "G Rated" Godfather machine or the OG "R Rated" version. Theme integration is key and with their prior track record, this has me worried - especially since they didn't highlight any of it in the video...

#1141 1 year ago

Very nice. Can't wait to play it in Allentown in early May.

#1142 1 year ago

No standard edition? The CE looks amazing and packed. Playfield is a cross between Avengers IQ and GZ. Both great layouts. Curious to hear Elwins thoughts on it. CE looks like it could hold value but the LE could be like gnr. What a year for pinball.

#1143 1 year ago

The Godfather 50th Anniversary Pinball Featurette

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

But it could be any generic Mafia game, didn't have to be Godfather.

This is the same problem I have with Toy Story 4. I love both of these franchises, I enjoy playing Toy Story but to me it feels like a carnival game with Toy Story images. For some reason I did not expect that approach with Godfather but it seems like they went that direction. Especially with that Tommy Gun dude in the back. Feels cartoony mafia. At least Toy Story IS a cartoon.

Eric is a great designer, I have no doubt the game will be fun, I was just hoping to be pulled into the Godfather world through pinball. Maybe that will still happen but so far I don't quite see it.

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Godfather 50th Anniversary Pinball Featurette

Woot, that was quick!

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll take this a concession speech and personal victory!!

For now Levi. But yes, take your victory lap and enjoy it!

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

That dude playing the machine reminds me of the "father" in that Progressive commercial.
[quoted image][quoted image]

he kinda looks like Giovanni Ribisi.

#1148 1 year ago

Anyone ordered and received an estimated shipping date either for CE or LE? Thanks in advance.

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP didn't go Wonka your so called shit show right to this one The gloriously detailed GnR was stuck there in the middle!
Gunners is one of the best art packages I've ever seen!

Scooby Doo might object to that and so will I.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

This is the same problem I have with Toy Story 4. I love both of these franchises, I enjoy playing Toy Story but to me it feels like a carnival game with Toy Story images. For some reason I did not expect that approach with Godfather but it seems like they went that direction. Especially with that Tommy Gun dude in the back. Feels cartoony mafia. At least Toy Story IS a cartoon.
Eric is a great designer, I have no doubt the game will be fun, I was just hoping to be pulled into the Godfather world through pinball. Maybe that will still happen but so far I don't quite see it.

Couldn’t agree more. The theme integration is really key to a great pinball machine. Hobbit and woz were so well done, wonka too, but potc kinda fell short in that area. Doesn’t appear at first sight the integration to the movies is really there, but let’s see what the streams show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 11,999.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/23?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.