WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 103.
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Joe's email blast. CE sold out! I thought he would have a few! still can get it from JJP.

sold out to suckers that have bought CE in the past. so they get first dibs now i guess.

#1002 1 year ago

Wow, they went all out this time, I didn't see that coming after the TS4 dud.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Dude... Stern should be calling their lawyers right now and suing JJP for copying the Godzilla playfield. That ripoff is sooooo blatant. LOL!!

Uhh Elwin rips off Lawlor all day.

#1004 1 year ago

I'm not a big JJP fan but that looks pretty good. Nice details!

#1005 1 year ago

Deos anyone else not like the huge head sculpt?

#1006 1 year ago

Surprised there is not a falling building and a bridge attack multiball

#1007 1 year ago

Looks kewl but I don't really care about the theme at all...

#1008 1 year ago

I was expecting nothing...actually looks kinda cool. Wouldn't buy it, but I'd put a few bucks in it.

#1009 1 year ago

I'm almost irresponsibly impulsive with pin purchases but I don't see anything particularly exciting. Maybe a stream will bring everything together.

#1010 1 year ago

I love the look of Foo Fighters and Sterns latest Zombie Yeti pins... even more than this. HOWEVER, I really really like that JJP went with a completely different art style here and went dark, gaudy and authentic. It's very contrasting to other pins on the market.

#1011 1 year ago

Like the color choices. Captures the tone of the movies.

#1012 1 year ago

Eh. Ready for GTF.

#1013 1 year ago

Gangster Godzilla - art is great but it's certainly Godzilla - way way way too many similarities

#1014 1 year ago

Got it secured via the store b4 the main sight came back up.

Kinda pissed it's not on the truck yet, JJP should ask Amazon how they do it.

received_1326582254855463 (resized).jpegreceived_1326582254855463 (resized).jpeg
#1015 1 year ago

Look fwd to playing but I'm not buying anymore pins at the current prices without putting time on them... looks like another cool pin from jjp tho.. what a great last few weeks for pinball ...wow

#1016 1 year ago

My initial reactions are I like it overall. Layout seems fresh with a few interesting ideas. Game code from what I read seems structured like how I thought it would be.

Good job team. Now let the complaining begin!

#1017 1 year ago

Looking forward to playing this puppy over at AYCE when it arrives. IMHO the CE is way too gaudy, but jeeze, it's a pinball so I guess that's fine and makes it stand out. Beautiful playfield, love the glass window look. Could be a classic, gameplay will decide. But congrats to JJP for putting out an attention getter that looks way more interesting to adults than toy story 4.

#1018 1 year ago

Looks like shots could be fun.. but besides art package that seems to be it.. certainly compared to prior JJP.. like WOZ and WONKA which I will now be keeping..

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

really tacky gaudy stuff

Yeah, as is often the case with a more-is-more design philosophy, the cheaper game actually looks classier. One of my friends likes to say Vegas looks like a mob bathroom. So uh, theme integration for the win?

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was gonna say the same thing. CE actually looks gaudy and tacky.

It will be quite popular in the South Florida market

#1021 1 year ago

It looks good, considering the theme. It looks like a Bally/Williams game from the late 90s...and that's a plus for me. I Need to see game play.

#1022 1 year ago

15K is too much for any pin!! Sorry. Looks great though!

#1023 1 year ago

Pretty sweet topper... probably justifies the price of the CE (over the LE)

#1024 1 year ago

looks interesting, let's wait to see (much) more of course

#1025 1 year ago

Meh. Looking forward to seeing fun situations from buyers remorse on sold out CE’s.

#1026 1 year ago

IMO the design system they built surrounding the IP/theme doesn't gel well w/ the over-all films feels incohesive. To my lens it looks too cartoony & tonally doesn't capture the feel. Looks pretty; but that's about it.

#1027 1 year ago

Looks good. I like that they have a champions pub type deal with smashing up the gangsters.

#1028 1 year ago

Is Buffalo Pinball streaming this tonight? KevInBuffalo

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Deos anyone else not like the huge head sculpt?

I don’t!

#1031 1 year ago

So when Jack said he’d hold his money a few more days if he were us after the FF release, nothing seems to be grabbing my attention on this. Looks like the general consensus so far is “meh” while on Foo you’ll be hard pressed to find a single bad opinion. I’ll wait for Harry Potter and take delivery of my Foo LE next month.

#1032 1 year ago

Like it. Way better than expected.

Not buying it, but so much better than TS4.

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Layout seems fresh

put the crack pipe down

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Meh im gonna stick with a Kingpin remake

When hell freezes over?
H

#1035 1 year ago

Looks better than I thought it would, but I have a hard time justifying $15k. That’s just nutty.

Torn here. To buy or not to buy??? Hmmm….

#1036 1 year ago

that layout really is VERY Godzilla esque. Its a pass for me as Im not a big fan of the movies or mob stuff in general, but I can see how that CE will be great looking for some. Also can see some thinking its way too much bling. Will look forward to seeing it in action. Will get to play it at silverball at some point im sure.

#1037 1 year ago

Bought my CE for $15k. Now reselling for $50k.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

sold out to suckers that have bought CE in the past. so they get first dibs now i guess.

It's not sold out

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/The-Godfather/The-Godfather-Collectors-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

#1039 1 year ago

Man...either you love it or you hate it. Not much in between in this thread.

#1040 1 year ago

Can't find a comparison chart. This "Lorem ipsum" text doesn't help, either.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.24.37 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 12.24.37 PM (resized).png
#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

So when Jack said he’d hold his money a few more days if he were us after the FF release, nothing seems to be grabbing my attention on this. Looks like the general consensus so far is “meh” while on Foo you’ll be hard pressed to find a single bad opinion. I’ll wait for Harry Potter and take delivery of my Foo LE next month.

He was talking about GTF.

#1042 1 year ago

Initial impression....looks more CGC remake'ish than JJP.

#1043 1 year ago

A couple other first impression thoughts on the positive side:

The game seems like it is by far Eric's most flowy game. Eric has a lot of cool and interesting designs but from a flow standpoint, its never been his strong point up until this point.

Franchi's art looks incredible as expected

#1044 1 year ago

I need to start working on my cannoli light up mod.. limited edition 500 bucks

#1045 1 year ago

If you can take off those leg covers it looks better.....

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Is Buffalo Pinball streaming this tonight? KevInBuffalo

Not tonight, but soon™

#1047 1 year ago

That was a very impressive reveal video. Having the player begin the game in street clothes and end in a tux has such a '90s video game commercial feel on some level. Well done.

#1048 1 year ago

Put that CE topper on the Kingpin Remake! There's a winner!

#1049 1 year ago

I think the main playfield character/sculpt is a mistake. Should have been a more central character, not a bodyguard. Vito looks good though.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

If you can take off those leg covers it looks better.....

You can, those are magnetized

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/21?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.