WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coach on Cheers had notes hiden all over the bar in his later episodes to help him with lines.
Who cares. They got the job done and entertained us.
LTG : )

Don’t forget, Rob Burgandy reads whatever is on the teleprompter.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I own a POTC and the game is pretty loaded....I highly doubt T4 will ever catch on .... the jury is still out on GF

I was talking about GF... TS4 will never hit 20K in my lifetime.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Had a mate over and we lifted it straight out , easy .
If you're by yourself you can pull it almost all the way out ( a lot more than this picture ) and rest it on a stool , easy .
I hate bending over for cleaning and changing rubbers ect .
[quoted image]

Wow what a pain in the butt. Two people to pull the playfield out to work on it and now you can only work on the top side while it is sitting there? Almost every project I do, even changing rubbers, involves disconnecting wires on the bottom side to allow removing something on the top side. Here is a MUCH simpler method that is similar to what I have been doing for years. One person, easy lift and can be lowered to get to the bottom of the playfield in seconds if need be without calling a buddy back in.

#704 1 year ago

Ordering mine today.

Big big Godfather fan here, this is icing on the cake.

Can't wait.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Ordering mine today.
Big big Godfather fan here, this is icing on the cake.
Can't wait.

Did you time travel to tomorrow?

#706 1 year ago

After a final ball drain:

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"

989FA93A-BE5C-494C-B8C5-7E14ADCA5324 (resized).jpeg989FA93A-BE5C-494C-B8C5-7E14ADCA5324 (resized).jpeg
#707 1 year ago

From JJP Facebook

(resized).jpeg (resized).jpeg
#708 1 year ago

Pinsiders when they heard it was The Godfather Vs Eric Meunier when he blows us all away after tomorrow’s reveal.

B3636E61-F529-41F0-8B0C-78653AC969E6-61483-000009775F6B664D.GIFB3636E61-F529-41F0-8B0C-78653AC969E6-61483-000009775F6B664D.GIF8D594129-D7D6-4F0E-BFDD-95FA364FEFC9-61483-00000977117E9C2D.GIF8D594129-D7D6-4F0E-BFDD-95FA364FEFC9-61483-00000977117E9C2D.GIF
#709 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#710 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean really? You can literally imagine any mech for any game. I don't remember a Crane in Batman the Dark Knight but somehow that ended up in the game.

Okay, when you put it that way, I can now imagine a Godfather crane. It's incredibly stupid. Quick, someone please imagine a better nonsensical mech to get this image out of my head.

#711 1 year ago

Looks awesome!
What’s the shinny stuff?

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Okay, when you put it that way, I can now imagine a Godfather crane. It's incredibly stupid. Quick, someone please imagine a better nonsensical mech to get this image out of my head.

A blanket that pulls back on a bed to start a physical lock for multiball.

#713 1 year ago

Horsehead for the shooter knob...hmm... Someone could sell shooter knobs that look like oranges

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

A blanket that pulls back on a bed to start a physical lock for multiball.

Lebowski rug mech? Sure, I could see it.

Iceman's coffin lock sounds cool too.

#715 1 year ago

Horse head multi-ball confirmed!

#716 1 year ago

I may be in just because of that shooter.

#717 1 year ago

I hope the game shoots great. So much potential if done right.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

marlomonger (resized).jpgmarlomonger (resized).jpg
#719 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was talking about GF... TS4 will never hit 20K in my lifetime.

Maybe if they build 250 units, but it wishful thinking

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"[quoted image]

"You're out, Tom!" would also suffice.

#721 1 year ago

Those legs sure look different

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Interesting wording...
[quoted image]

I saw that too, looks kind of weird tho, but I’m positive that JJP did that change because "Gonna" is grammatically incorrect … (personally I don’t mind the corrected quote anyway )

#723 1 year ago

Straight fire!

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Horse head multi-ball confirmed!

You must have missed seeing Wariodolby ’s topper for Godfather III a few pages up. Bet you’ll like it

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow what a pain in the butt. Two people to pull the playfield out to work on it and now you can only work on the top side while it is sitting there? Almost every project I do, even changing rubbers, involves disconnecting wires on the bottom side to allow removing something on the top side. Here is a MUCH simpler method that is similar to what I have been doing for years. One person, easy lift and can be lowered to get to the bottom of the playfield in seconds if need be without calling a buddy back in.

How does that help you put in mirror blades

#726 1 year ago

Theme needs to be fun for me to buy, same for others. Toy Story, Wonka, WOZ, Pirates, etc have a ton of fun elements. What is fun about Godfather? As an Italian American myself I’m thinking pasta and cannolis but that’s about it lol.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theme needs to be fun for me to buy, same for others. Toy Story, Wonka, WOZ, Pirates, etc have a ton of fun elements. What is fun about Godfather? As an Italian American myself I’m thinking pasta and cannolis but that’s about it lol.

90% of us have judged this before we see it, but based on Eric's track record - I am going to assume this will be a winner also

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its all personal preference, I happen to find Gangster movies really exciting: guns, car chases, criminal underworld etc. I think its pretty cool they're attempting a non traditional pinball theme, in any business its good to have a company take some risks whether you're a JJP fan or not, its good for pinball. We'll all see tomorrow if Eric can pull it off and make it cool!

#729 1 year ago

Although it’s not my first choice for a theme I would pick, I do like this movie and other gangster movies. I find it odd that people can’t comprehend this as a theme given there is a Sopranos pinball already. To be fair I’ve never played one and it’s currently ranked #133 so I could certainly be missing something? Also, “Mafia” is a 2018 pin by Team pinball - who knew?

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"[quoted image]

Fucking brilliant!!!

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Although it’s not my first choice for a theme I would pick, I do like this movie and other gangster movies. I find it odd that people can’t comprehend this as a theme given there is a Sopranos pinball already. To be fair I’ve never played one and it’s currently ranked #133 so I could certainly be missing something? Also, “Mafia” is a 2018 pin by Team pinball - who knew?

I agree a lot of people are lacking imagination

Though tonal, Sopranos is very different than the Godfather. As serious as the show can be, the Sopranos has a surprisingly funny side and can be meta in the way the characters will joke about mafia movie tropes.

#732 1 year ago

My guess is the game will be gorgeous, it’s going to be packed, and Eric will knock it out again. The theme is definitely not for me, but that’s ok. Anybody judging this before seeing it is a fool. I’m only excited to see it because it’s Eric, and jjp, and every jjp release is a real event. Can’t wait to see how he did a theme like this and hopefully it lives up to his historical standards that we all expect

#733 1 year ago

im getting kind of excited to see this.

freakin love parts one and two.

it was my introduction as a kid to violence in the movies.
jarring but mesmerizing.
watched with my pops and he helped explain alot of stuff.

in an alternate reality i would be ordering one tomorrow.

hope to play one soon though.

#734 1 year ago
offer (resized).jpgoffer (resized).jpg
#735 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How does that help you put in mirror blades

I hate mirror blades. I put in art blades all the time without removing the playfield and it takes 15 minutes max.

#736 1 year ago

If this has another super weak JJP plunger spring, trying to dial in a skill shot with that awkward horse head is going to be impossible. Imagine trying to accurately and repetitively hit the GnR skill shot with that horse head.

#737 1 year ago

This is pure gold. Well done.

Post of the month!

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hate mirror blades. I put in art blades all the time without removing the playfield and it takes 15 minutes max.

My Attack From Mars Remake came originally with mirror blades and in my opinion that’s an amazing touch… I played a classic version without them in my distributor’s place and the game doesn’t look that good.

#739 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

90% of us have judged this before we see it, but based on Eric's track record - I am going to assume this will be a winner also

Except for GnR

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hate mirror blades.

I feel the same way about art blades .

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I hate roller blades.

Wonder what the music will be like on GF.

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Relax bro. Everybody here thinks their shit don't stink, even after eating a giant tub of Beefaroni.
Also, Stern rules! My Zep LE kicks ass and is way better than GNR.
Which thread am I in again?

Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from screaminr:

You’re both wrong. But please take this to the mirror blades vs art blades argument thread.

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Sopranos is a decent game...all about working your way up the criminal ranks, which I could see them doing here as well.

Quoted from Beechwood:

I hate roller blades.
Wonder what the music will be like on GF.

Judging by the trailer, seems like slash is involved at least in some way. I could see them doing some kind of ambient music for single ball play, maybe like city streets/underworld vibe. On the siderail picture looks like there could be a cityscape on the back of the cabinet?

#744 1 year ago

I like the idea of building an empire as a member of the family. That's how EA made one of their Godfather games. Take over rackets, invest in them to make more money, and protect them from rivals
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Could be cool if you could form a crew, ie pick some gang members that give the player some game power ups to mix up gameplay strategies.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like the idea of building an empire as a member of the family. That's how EA made one of their Godfather games. Take over rackets, invest in them to make more money, and protect them from rivals[quoted image]

Exactly, this makes sense in terms of general game progression.

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Jesus…what a shit take.

He is full of them

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

You’re both wrong. But please take this to the mirror blades vs art blades argument thread.

Hey , I only said it once

#748 1 year ago

I'm thinking they limited the BOM on TS4 to really pack GF. Guess we will know soon.

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hey , I only said it once

Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!

D4C7FBC4-6E38-4055-9C05-A6C49F3339D5 (resized).jpegD4C7FBC4-6E38-4055-9C05-A6C49F3339D5 (resized).jpeg
#750 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm thinking they limited the BOM on TS4 to really pack GF.

Pat would never allow it.

If GF is packed it's because somebody else had a change of heart.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Station, NY
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/15?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.