WOZ-Alien (resized).jpg
TZ to BM66 (resized).jpg
Tron -Munsters (resized).jpg
SM (resized).jpg
MM -ATM (resized).jpg
Kiss (resized).jpg
GF and EHOH (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 103.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

You forgot this, Lloyd.

Big time. Yes I did. I thought everybody knew better and I didn't need

LTG : (

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I am celebrating right now with a few drinks.....

I hope I didn't ruin your party.

LTG : )

#453 1 year ago

It’s funny my DE GNR has a pin sound and every time I get the snake pit the music is subbed out for Slash’s Godfather Solo. Gonna be interesting to see what Slash’s involvement was

#454 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see what JP de Win does with the animations.…always one of things I look forward to with every JJP release!

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don’t trade JJPOTC or GNR, that would be self defeating.

I might add that since Toy Story, I no longer have the full jjp line up to draw in players. And I no longer need the jjp pins for tech support, or to open up and show off to potential customers.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I might add that since Toy Story, I no longer have the full jjp line up to draw in players. And I no longer need the jjp pins for tech support, or to open up and show off to potential customers.

You have a killer collection!!

#457 1 year ago

Yeah godfather 3 sucks. But the new version is at least shorter. So yes it is better. If you are gojng to watch a godfather 3, make sure it’s the new one.

Almost watchable actually. Just don’t go in expecting anything on par with the first two.

It’s a movie that got made because Coppola basically had no choice. Really never should have been made.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah godfather 3 sucks. But the new version is at least shorter. So yes it is better.
Almost watchable actually. Just don’t go in expecting anything on par with the first two.
It’s a movie that got made because Coppola basically had no choice.

Winona Rider was supposed to play Mary in 3 but got ill and was replaced at the last minute by Sophia Coppola.

#459 1 year ago

Oh man I'm excited! I can see it now...........Immobiliare Final Wizard Mode...........Joey Zaza murder multiball (with Andy Garcia screaming ZAZA!) for every jackpot shot and then a special "Michael Corleone Silent Scream Super Jackpot video clip"

Why am I stuck with Godfather 3 references!!!

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Oh man I'm excited! I can see it now...........Immobiliare Final Wizard Mode...........Joey Zaza murder multiball (with Andy Garcia screaming ZAZA!) for every jackpot shot and then a special "Michael Corleone Silent Scream Super Jackpot video clip"
Why am I stuck with Godfather 3 references!!!

Incest frenzy!

#461 1 year ago

"A man who doesn’t spend time playing pinball with his family can never be a real man."
-Don Corleone

#462 1 year ago

Hope it is the CODA version at least.lol

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Big time. Yes I did. I thought everybody knew better and I didn't need
LTG : (

I knew you were kidding. After how you were treated by them, I knew there was no way a reconciliation was possible.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

They are planning a second release for the end of this year, so it's not impossible that it is both.

I heard it was Road to Perdition to follow up Godfather with Tom Hanks and Danial Craig call outs..

#465 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see what pricing is on the game A JJP LE for $12k is comparable to a Stern LE at $13k, cost $1k less, has a head made out of wood versus sheet metal, a proper lockdown bar instead of Home Depot latches, an actual lock for the head instead of two 25 cent bolts, and the power button in the proper location.

Hopefully there's not a price increase for LE's to $13k to match Stern.

#466 1 year ago

I'm really hoping Godfather is a hit but I kinda have my doubts. I know the Abess family are wealthy but I'm not sure how patient they would be with two subpar selling pins back to back.

Especially after the strong enthusiasm for GnR.

#467 1 year ago

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even after buying a Bond LE for $13k? A JJP LE for $12k is comparable, cost $1k less, has a head made out of wood versus sheet metal, a proper lockdown bar instead of Home Depot latches, an actual lock for the head instead of two 25 cent bolts, and the power button in the proper location.

I think you mentioned a lot of stuff no one cares about…

#469 1 year ago

For those who need to sell a pin to get Godfather, wonder what will be moving?

I’ll be looking at that market and wait for 2nd hand market for Godfather if it’s a good game.

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I think you mentioned a lot of stuff no one cares about…

If that was the case JJP would have followed suit years ago.

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For those who need to sell a pin to get Godfather, wonder what will be moving?

For me it could be any one of five of six jjp pins I have.

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP LE for $12k is comparable to a Stern LE at $13k

I agree, yet I still feel there really is no comparison in my opinion between these two manufacturers. I’d say JJP LE is more comparable to a Stern SLE but that’s giving Stern more credit than I think they’re due.

#473 1 year ago

No disrespect meant to Stern either. I just think JJP executes the themes with better integration and immersion of the audio, visual and other aspects. Stern kept pinball going, after all. But any time a dream theme is a possibility, I always hope it goes to JJP.

#474 1 year ago

I'm really hoping JJP knocked it out of the park with this. Definitely going to wait it out. Too much risk helps suppress my fomo.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

But any time a dream theme is a possibility, I always hope it goes to JJP.

Until they butchered Toy Story.

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Until they butchered Toy Story.

I think Lawlor butchered toy story. He's a washed up hack.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Take your place at the table... Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin.
No way is it Godfather. Even with all my skill and experience as a pinball game creator could I make anything even remotely fun with that license. Masterpiece movie... a stinking turd of a pinball game.
It's Harry Potter.

'Godfather: ULTIMATE Harry Potter Pro Edition' on Future Pinball by next week.

(He could do it too.)

#478 1 year ago

Maybe they can reuse gabby gabby mech and you have to beat Connie like her husband until Sonny shows up at your house and beats the crap out of you ….joking

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Horse head topper?

This post did not receive the attention it deserved

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This post did not receive the attention it deserved

I posted a pic of the topper a few pages back.

35D59E47-910C-4A7E-A4F5-F4DF2BFD3B23 (resized).jpeg35D59E47-910C-4A7E-A4F5-F4DF2BFD3B23 (resized).jpeg
#481 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image]

Lmao missed that one man…fucking hilarious

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image]

I just laughed out loud from this. Thank you

#483 1 year ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Where's Harry???

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Where's Harry???

He sleeps with the fishes.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Until they butchered Toy Story

I wouldn’t call it butchered. Still looks great and shoots well, no corners really cut on the build and etc but the stupid license limiting them to #4 instead of the whole franchise I think is what killed it more than anything.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you are gojng to watch a godfather 3, make sure it’s the new one.
Almost watchable actually. ...

Hey we never knowm, this could be like when GB came out and the peeps that loved GB2 Secret of the Ooze all slithered out of the darkness.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

... Factor in other items such as a mostly sheet metal head on Stern's, and no proper Williams style lockdown bar or head lock and it's easy to see which game has the higher build of materials cost.....

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern sheet metal head, no proper lockdown bar mech, and bolts to lock the head instead of a proper lock mech = cheap…yet prices have gone up like crazy.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

... has a head made out of wood versus sheet metal, a proper lockdown bar instead of Home Depot latches, an actual lock for the head instead of two 25 cent bolts...

Fresh

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully there's not a price increase for LE's to $13k to match Stern.

Will be pretty laughable if they try that shit, maybe they get away with it if it was Harry Potter but not Godfather.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Will be pretty laughable if they try that shit, maybe they get away with it if it was Harry Potter but not Godfather.

Definitely will be a price increase. Agree GF is going to be a tough sell right now unless the game is just bonkers.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey we never knowm, this could be like when GB came out and the peeps that loved GB2 Secret of the Ooze all slithered out of the darkness.

Do you mean TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze?

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image]

Do the eyes light up? Haha.

070316F6-147A-4CA5-9B3B-A11E703FC843.gif070316F6-147A-4CA5-9B3B-A11E703FC843.gif
#491 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Do you mean TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze?

Oh yeah...all the ooze in GB2 confused me

#492 1 year ago

This pinball shop here in the UK has announced 6 hours ago The Godfather 50th anniversary pinball...
Here is the link to the video
https://www.facebook.com/198050760232202/posts/682996270498733

IMG_1519 (resized).jpgIMG_1519 (resized).jpg
#493 1 year ago
Quoted from apinapple:

This pinball shop here in the UK has announced 6 hours ago The Godfather 50th anniversary pinball...
Here is the link to the video
https://www.facebook.com/198050760232202/posts/682996270498733
[quoted image]

Sounds like Slash on guitar.

#494 1 year ago

Get ready for the shock of shockers.

Jersey Jack confirms it's actually... Godfather.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=586359200038163&t=14

Yay?

972503_6e4fa522702b474d919ad2a6957a5579_mv2 (resized).jpg972503_6e4fa522702b474d919ad2a6957a5579_mv2 (resized).jpg
#495 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds like Slash on guitar.

It felt like “I can name that tune in 3 notes”. If that’s not Slash, it’s copyright infringement.

#496 1 year ago

Interesting

#497 1 year ago

My wife's gonna be pissed. First with Toy Story ending up being Toy Story 4, now a Harry Potter tease only to be Godfather. Why pour salt in the wound?

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

My wife's gonna be pissed. First with Toy Story ending up being Toy Story 4, now a Harry Potter tease only to be Godfather. Why pour salt in the wound?

They could be hinting they have the license and it's coming eventually but to put it out there right before Godfather is not the smartest move.

#499 1 year ago

This theme is such a yawn. How is Eric going to make this game interesting?

#500 1 year ago

Dreamers Fault (resized).jpgDreamers Fault (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 5,127 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godfather-hype-discussion-thread/page/10?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.