• Latest reply 10 years ago by juanton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_001745.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have tried to get my 10 year old son into pinball, but so far I haven't had much luck. He likes his video game consoles too much I guess. I hoped LOTR would do it as he loves the movies, but after a few games he was done. I was looking around on here today and he suggested a God of War theme. Just curious if that has been brought up before. Also, what have you guys done to get your kids into the hobby?

#2 10 years ago

Been done already.

Steve

WP_001745.jpgWP_001745.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the info. I think he had Kratos from the playstation games in mind when he brought it up.

#4 10 years ago

It's real hard to get most kids out of video game mode and into pinball.

Steve

#5 10 years ago

I think pinball has always been more geared towards teens and adults. I didn't play much pinball until I was older. The allure of video games had to subside a little.

#6 10 years ago

My son at least comes by it honestly. I was always a gamer too and still play occasionally, so I definitely understand the attraction to video games. My six year old daughter loves The Wizard of Oz movie, so as soon as I find one to play on location I'll see how she likes WOZ.

#7 10 years ago

I think just like anything else... if you have it available to your kid and he doesn't take to it... it's not his thing. I have one pin (bought it about 7 months ago) and I thought my kids would be all over it. The youngest wants to play it occasionally but the oldest has little interest. And my girls aren't video game kids.

I don't push it. If they ask to play it, I make sure I take the time to let them play it. If they have friends over, I always suggest that they should let their friend try it but as is the case with anything, if you try to force it on your kids they'll go the opposite way 99.9% of the time.

#8 10 years ago

Both of my daughters were brought up around pinball and they seem indifferent to it even though they occasionally play pinball at car club functions here. I was surprised to see how skillful my youngest (22 at the time) was when I took her to a local party/tournament (which she handed everyone's rears on a plate, including me) at a friends house so she must have been playing a lot when I wasn't around.

Steve

#9 10 years ago

Yeah I agree. The funny thing is when other kids come over they go directly to the pinball machines. It might be different if they had them at home and saw them every day though.

#10 10 years ago

When I was growing up, pinball was only cool because the parents hated it.

It was a 'waste of money', 'gambling', or something that the neighborhood troublemakers did who spent their whole lives up at the corner liquor store.

So, if my parents would have encouraged us to play, we would have certainly avoided it like anything else they wanted us to become involved in.

#11 10 years ago

I'm 43 and I play both. Love my Modern Warfare for XBOX and still love my pinball machines.

#12 10 years ago

My dad still thinks I'm nuts for wasting my time on "pingball" machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/god-of-war and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.