(Topic ID: 123830)

Go rate and review some more EM games!!!

By Rat_Tomago

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vulture.jpg
    _Mic-Drop.gif
    King Pin Garage 001.JPG
    King Pin Garage 002.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    pic1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

Please help talk this guy off the bridge. He seems to be a pretty good pinsider. I'm a lazy procrastinator and I just reviewed 5 games. I can't wax poetic like some, but I gave it my best. Seeing some of the reviews where all aspects of the game are covered, and compared to other games...got me nervous mine would come across as a dud. But, I'll just try to compare my pins to my likes, and how I feel they add to my collection. If we all waited to be 'expert' reviewers..we would be missing out on a lot of perspectives. I made a point to make sure all my games will be rated by next week, promise. Put it on your to-do list people!

Games reviewed today.

Atlantis
    Dancing Dolls
    Big Hit
    Jacks Open
    Buckaroo

Dave

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

The biggest problem for me is access. I have access to something like 100 titles on route in my area, and only two of those are EMs, and neither of those are in great condition.
    Why does it really matter though? Are you looking to bump the values of your games or get them up higher on the "bang for your buck" table?

Telling others to rate games would then affect your 'ratings', so..no.

1. it's a great thing to read personal thoughts on games, hearing what others find fun or compelling. Then you can fit that into your likes/dislikes, and that can help your game searches.
    2. New pinsiders can be directed towards this data base to answer questions they may have.

I think it's great to have, and would be fantastic if others would assist. I just got off my lazy arse, so I'm not throwing stones.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

What are you talking about? I must be missing something here. How do other people's ratings affect your ratings? I really don't know what you mean here.
    1) The OP is *not* asking for reviews, they were specifically asking for ratings.
    2) ... Yes? Again, I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The ratings database is a great resource. I'm not sure what questions it answers though.

Ok. This is how I understand it. Anyone can feel free to correct me.

You can just rate games, but you can also give some copy (reasons why you like or don't, etc), which would be the review, as I call it, which the op seemed to be asking for.

If I rate my game 10, it's a 10 until someone gives it a 7. Now it's a 8.5. Asking for more ratings does the opposite of what you were referring to.

Am I missing something?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I'm not sure what questions it answers though.

Ems can be hard to find, let alone play. Ever buy a pin you regretted? Do some research first. Read ratings and reviews! Some people are left to the Internet for YouTube play. An eloquently written review (which I didn't give) by one of the pros here is a great read. It puts you into the game. Then some will give insight to comparable games, which most don't have access to either...and it goes from there. I read the pro's reviews, and all the rest, to give me a good feel of a game I've never played. I YouTube also. But all those together gives a good picture, for me anyway. Then the hunt is on.

#28 9 years ago

Rated today:

Surf Champ (re-do)
    Gtb. HI-DIVER
    Bally Skill Roll (yes, it's on there)
    Gtb. Volley
    Gtb. Team One (barely in the top 150 , but Abra is No. 1, blasphemy!)

I plan on improving my reviews as time goes on.

Thanks Dan, Rat_Tomago, for the motivation to finally get around to this.

Dave

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from ReallifePin:

QFT
    Also, have to say, that is quite a collection you have.

Thank you (and also to Pinside and Pinsiders, you know who you are). I have one more coming in, and will have a very nice Space Odyssey for sale to make room for that...then I am filled to the rafters. Done, finished. Unfortunately I've said that 2-3 times before. Thanks alot Pinside.

I had same quandary with rating. Just put down what you like or didn't like. Maybe compare them to other games you own, or why they have stayed or left. Anything is better than nothing, and my reviews are bad, so you will definitely not have the worst one.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

It's odd how Skill Roll is included but none of the popular EM Pitch and Bats. Skill Roll has very little in common with a pinball but gets by on universal love.

Hmm..never noticed that. That's a shame.

#46 9 years ago

Lastly (I better get back to work), there was a comment on another thread about EM's DECLINING in popularity. Wut? I don't agree, but looking at that sorry EM top 100 list makes it seem so. Lets show some pride people. Write that open love letter to Pinside EM Top 100 about your favorite games!

1 week later
    #52 8 years ago

Rated and reviewed Gtb Pro Pool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/go-rate-some-more-em-games?tu=presqueisle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.