16 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by alienpoker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is better?”

• Go DMD 0 votes
    • Run DMD? 3 votes
      100%

(3 votes)

#1 16 days ago

Hello all! I had a few questions to ask the pinball community here.

First off, is Go DMD Legit? I ordered the go dmd device and the case almost 3 months ago ($165), but it hasn’t arrived, no shipment notification and no answer when I’ve politely asked a couple times if my order is still being processed. I am patient and understanding in these times, but at this point it seems misleading for their site to have take the money if they didn’t have the ability to ship them within the next few months. Especially when they just disappear and ignore my basic request for a status update.
    Then I saw this post where someone was saying the seller, Steve, stole the idea from Run DMD (?) which also makes me hesitate. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/7

I’m just trying to figure out what to do and I’m not making accusations other than my experience with Go DMD hasn’t been good so far; I am considering having my bank revert the charge to get my money back and then go with Run DMD.

Is there a benefit to Run DMD, or a benefit for sticking it out and continue trying to get the product I already purchased? I like that the Go DMD works with that Pin2DMD software and that you can play pinball table emulators and get the animations and trim them to your liking. I’m not sure if you can edit your own animated pinball clips like that with Run DMD or how Run DMD works? The cool thing about Run DMD however, is that it appears to have a masked layer to where the animations overlay ontop of the clock digits themselves (Go DMD seems to just change from animation to clock back and forth, less dynamically).

Thanks for any help

------------------------------------
    I believe the other AliExpress parts I have purchased will work for either clock:

LED Panels
    https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.buyer_leave_review.0.0.66ba6c1b0YkRgJ&orderId=8013553798474965&productId=32754158226

VET6
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000006481553.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59d54c4dCJFSxf

Power (Voltage: 5V, Plug Type: US, Electric Current: 8A)
    ebay.com link

1 week later
    #2 8 days ago

First off - your link to the AliExpress LED panels is no good for us to use. It’s linked to your own account. I think you mean these as they say ‘compatible with Pin2DMD’ - but I’m not sure.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000002686894.html

Don’t think you need to buy the STM32F407VET6 for Run-DMD. I didn’t.

I actually looked into this quite a bit and went the Run-DMD route... and did get it working. I bought an acrylic panel kit to hold everything for $30 here on pinside. Came with the assembly hardware & a 3A 5v Power plug.

#3 8 days ago

Did something change? I thought run dmd announced they were making their final batch a year or so ago.

I’d say parts shipping internationally might be stuck in customs due to covid. Not really the sellers fault.

#4 7 days ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Did something change? I thought run dmd announced they were making their final batch a year or so ago.
    I’d say parts shipping internationally might be stuck in customs due to covid. Not really the sellers fault.

I just bought a Run-DMD board, it took like 2wks to get to the US. It only comes with “clock software” on the card. Yep- That’s it- only a clock display. Unless you can figure out how to get a file or create your own graphics... and write them to the SD card.

#5 7 days ago

Quick question for people out there. I understand you need an LED 5v display for Run-Dmd (or any of these solutions). A plasma DMD would be a nightmare because of the HV boards needed.

So can you run just the LED panels directly (see my link above) from the Run-DMD board using the Hub75 ports on the LED panels? I got it working with a Pin2DMD display, but it seems to be overkill.

#6 7 days ago
    Quoted from alienpoker:

I just bought a Run-DMD board, it took like 2wks to get to the US. It only comes with “clock software” on the card. Yep- That’s it- only a clock display. Unless you can figure out how to get a file or create your own graphics... and write them to the SD card.

The bin used by everyone is readily available- just not from the run dmd folks

#7 6 days ago

Yeah you probably can get a hold of a clock version with animations, I found an old one.
    Bump on the question about using the Hub75 Pin2DMD display panels directly with the Run-DMD board (white or Edge). I think you can...
    Any additional info would be greatly appreciated, and yes I have read tons of threads going back 4-5yrs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 7.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside